13.5 Status Discussion Thread

Jan

On 11/19/2021 at 11:30 AM, Ram Cxz 007 said:

Hello a qns will the new moves for sinnoh mons will be added in 13.5 or is it remain unchanged

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think only the DLC content from Sword and Shield will be added in 13.5. 

3 hours ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

Yeah i guess but the movesets in bdsp has changed so maybe they will change or be the same so i wanted to clarify

The changes in movesets on BDSP are really minimal. 10 mons get a Level 1 additional move that can be learned using the relearner, and most can be  already obtained by other ways. Then, then Dialga and Palkia switched the levels of their exclusive moves to level 40 instead of the original ones far later and the rest of moves moved down on the list. Giratina has a similar change with its special move going from 77 to 49 and the rest going down but same levels for learning moves.

Spoiler

Sandlash - Agility (It is already set to learn it by TM ot Tutor on current version of the game)

Nidoqueen - Sludge Wave (It is already set to learn it by TM ot Tutor on current version of the game)

Nidoking - Sludge Wave (It is already set to learn it by TM ot Tutor on current version of the game)

Marill - Splash (It can't learn it on the current version of the game, unelss it learn it as Azurill, but who needs this move anyway)

Azumarill - Splash (It can't learn it on the current version of the game, unelss it learn it as Azurill, but who needs this move anyway)

Umbreon - Foul Play (It is already set to learn it by TM ot Tutor on current version of the game)

Blaziken - Close Combat (It is already set to learn it by TM ot Tutor on current version of the game)

Flygon - Outrage (It is already set to learn it by TM ot Tutor on current version of the game)

Altaria - Hurricane (It can't learn it on the current version of the game)

Electrivire - Wild Charge (It is already set to learn it by TM ot Tutor on current version of the game)

Making those changes is easy since all the moves already exist in the game, but I don't know if the devs will consider making the additions due to how minimal they are.  Except for Altaria's Hurricane, all the moves are already learnable by TM or tutor for those mons (Splash by Marill and Azurill is a move with which Azurill is born with so they can have it too if evolved from Azurill, useless move anyway), so no real game changers here as there is literally one new move for one pokemon. It may matter being able to get some moves earlier though.

The changes of learning level of legendaries don't really mater since the legendaries themselves aren't even available and I doubt they will be until postgame anyway, a nd by that point, I doubt we get to fight and catch a legendary at such a low level that the learning order matters.

In fact, if you want the new level 1 moves for those 10 mons anyway, you can get them all with an easy edit on the pokemon.txt PBS on the movesets of those 10 and recompiling. It shouldn't take more than five minutes to have it done.

Edited by a3xgf

5 minutes ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

those moves might be accessible bytutor but is really useful for those who cant.tutor moves has cost of shards but levelup moves dont so it might useful for those dont have enough shards 

As I said, it may be useful to get them earlier, cases like not having enough shards also apply here. It is just not game changing as mostly everything was already possible to get despite requiring more effort or reaching later parts of the game.

You just need to recompile (you need to use the Debug mode mod for this, delete it later if you don't want it) while changing the default pokemon.txt on the PBS folder for this and you will get the new moves available on the relearner after restarting the game.

pokemon.txt

45 minutes ago, Ram Cxz 007 said:

what does the debug do i actually donot prefer debugs but like to play the game the way its built .i was just asking if the moveset change is there i fine if it didnot happen but will be happy if it really happens

Well, you don't need to use it if you don't want, if someone really wants those moves, then they can use the debug for updating the learnset, and then erase it without touching anything else nor cheating after making that fix, I haven't applied those changes to the copy of the game I use either as I don't need them at all, I put them here just in case someone wants them, you or anyone else (it was literally five minutes at most to make it, no effort at all, so if it helps someone for mere five minutes, I am glad to help). I was replying to you personally just the first part, but I see that my way of expressing may be confusing as english plural is also you and I wanted to refer to anyone who was reading it... Not native speaker, sorry.

I used this method with the debug to fix the bug of Toxtricity being unable to breed and to test fixes to other bugs that required touching scripts, so Debug doesn't need to be a tool for cheating nor changing things at will that weren't planned by the dev, I use it literally to debug, which is its original function, when I find something that doesn't work and I think I can fix it myself because it is easy to do. Although I bet those fixes will already be on next version anyway since they are mostly overlooks (understandable having a couple of overlooked mistakes given how many mons there are, not like I would have done it better myself if I had to make so much work myself. The issue of overlooks is not noticing them, not being especially hard to fix once noticed), official releases take a lot of time to release, so fan hotfixes are useful meanwhile (with this I am refering to any game that can be fixed this way, not this one only).

That said, the previous file is more of a Mod than a fix as not having those moves isn't a bug at all, which is also a reason of why I pass from adding them to my game while I applied the bug fixes, but if someone wants the new moves, I don't see any problem with that either.

Whether they will be applied or not, it is hard to say, although the changes aren't really relevant, just getting some moves a bit earlier/easier, which is great if implemented, but nothing important if not. 

Edited by a3xgf
typos

hi so i was replaying rejuv and noticed a door behind lab in the route where venams father is and a door behind where we fight geara and giratina in wispytower will we able acess those places.

about the moves in bdsp gligar learns earthquake which is not available in rejuv yet and infernape learns uturn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...