13.5 Status Discussion Thread

Jan

1 hour ago, Ermac said:

It would be cool if we can rematch some gym leaders like Talon, Lavender. 

oh you mean non battle able gy,m leader like lavender it would be cool.i think if its implemented it would be a post game thing which is little bit far of.but its sttill cool to think about

9 hours ago, Ermac said:

It would be cool if we can rematch some gym leaders like Talon, Lavender. 

Well...

Spoiler

Venam is a member of the Interceptor's gang, so I don't think there will be any other rematches aside from main story's;

Keta is gone, for Texen, we have no news of him since Chap 14;

Melia is...complicated, since she's one of the "main" main characters, plus Marianette's badge was now substituted;

Narcissa, if I remember correctly, is travelling, I don't remember her substitute's name;

Valarie is blocked for 9 months, due to "mind-travelling back" to her body;

Crawli is a thing, since he's there in his gym, after all.

Kreiss and Angie are...you know.

Amber could, but I doubt since she'll be with MC, plus I think she has something for him/her/them;

Erik could too;

Flora is a no, plus Florin will have a quest;

Lavender is with Interceptor's gang, so I don't know what will happen.

Talon is blocked. Souta is gone.

Adam is like Valarie, for now.

Ryland could.

Saki is like Valarie and Adam, for now.

Allen and Alice will be important for the plot, so I don't know.

Damien, too.

I think, if they will do it, some of them will be in the post-game.

• 1 month later...

I think if we were to 'fight' Talon, it would probably be due to the new plot details happening in 13.5 over on Terajuma Island. And at best it would be like when we meet Crawli for the first time (assuming you do the rift gyarados rematch), where it's either a test or just a casual fight, where Talon isn't at full strength/holding back.

Afterwards is up in the air.

And assuming since Souta is the reserve gym leader for Talon, we can probably go under the idea that Talon has a bunch of level 70 pokemon rather than 40 by the time we were to 'properly' face him.

Edited by VMeemes

On 6/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, VMeemes said:

And assuming since Souta is the reserve gym leader for Talon, we can probably go under the idea that Talon has a bunch of level 70 pokemon rather than 40 by the time we were to 'properly' face him.

*cough* Spector

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of starting rejuv again, but I see 13.5 is not very far, If I start now I'll directly continue from the new update afterwards, but I'll miss the new changes that might be there in the earlier game. So should I start now or wait for the update? What do you guys think?

I say start it whenever. Jan has already said that if you already had beaten base V13 content, then you get access to the new story beats in 13.5 as a freebie (since a good portion of players likely already made it to the "post game" of V13). So you can still access it, despite weird timeline stuff. Only when V14 rolls around will it be corrected, and you would have to play the game normally from a fresh save.

Did I get that right so far? Whoever is smarter then me can feel free to correct me on this. Fairly sure that was the gist of it though.

On 7/18/2022 at 3:33 AM, VMeemes said:

I say start it whenever. Jan has already said that if you already had beaten base V13 content, then you get access to the new story beats in 13.5 as a freebie (since a good portion of players likely already made it to the "post game" of V13). So you can still access it, despite weird timeline stuff. Only when V14 rolls around will it be corrected, and you would have to play the game normally from a fresh save.

Did I get that right so far? Whoever is smarter then me can feel free to correct me on this. Fairly sure that was the gist of it though.

No no, it's correct: early V13.5 game contents will be playable in runs which you "completed" the game, until V14 will come out.

3 hours ago, NerfCaulifla said:

No no, it's correct: early V13.5 game contents will be playable in runs which you "completed" the game, until V14 will come out.

Sweet, figured I got it right but wasn't sure if I said it right. But yeah Godfather, I think other than help request stuff (which if they are the new images are in fact of the new hidden library revamp then that'd be a bit messy due to people completing said help request) everything in v13.5 will be accessible from a v13 'post game' save.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hopefully there will be outfits like in a fashion box that we carry around instead of going to certain places and hopefully there will be more outfits and true it might be nice to have a pokemon game dating sim with 18 badges but in truth i think that there should be a pokemon game where pokemon are limited and the only way to get new ones is to buy them but in the case the trainer wont be a silent protagonist cause silent protagonist doesn't make you connect to the protagonist   i always thought that would be a cool idea 

Edited by PoketrainerZane

• 1 month later...

so we know that 13.5 is gonna be the calm before the storm

v13.5 .Karma files was born. A version that was never planned to exist. Yet, here we are. I've devised this section of the story to be required on your first playthrough, but skippable in subsequent ones (through passwords), as it is more of a preview of what's to come in v14. 

but wait

13.5 was supposed to be side quests ONLY i thought

so is this finally where we make side quests and side tracking parts required

which make sense with regards to the new ones coming

like ana's and the talon intro quest

and old quests like dafux, and the rift chandulure

but also holy shit

After v14, the two paths will not cross each other and will provide unique story experiences for both. Essentially, from v13.5 and onward, there will be two versions in one. (Though due to the nature of the beast, v14 will be more linear)  Why am I doing this? Because I want to. And because I am crazy. I know it's a lot of work you don't need to remind me! 

Each version will have equal amount of effort and time put into them*, and each route is canon. They also, like, totally play off each other so you should do both eventually! 

we an actual visual novel now

the renegade route is supposed to be so much harder in exchange for early legends and items like life orb ~~tho i guess u can cheat by doing it on casual mode which will prob even it to be the same difficulty as the good route~~

genuinely hype to see how the bad route works since its gonna be totally different, i assume its like during the xen raid, we betray them and go from there

we still fight the gym leaders but as an enemy

and when we defeat the elite 8 the games over and xen wins

and we learn more of the color duo lore from the rengade route

tho i wonder

if the climax of v13 will be changed if u were on the bad route

cause as of now its still

despite u having negative relations and shit, everyone still believes in u for some reason

which is lol what

• 3 weeks later...