Theory Crafting Thread

enderowl

3 hours ago, Bok_Choy777 said:

Also one thing about this Indriad's essence is very interesting. In the battle against Geara in Saki's gym,  Geara's sprite no long has this spirit thing next to him anymore. I'm not sure if this is because Natasia didn't find all 1000 pieces of him, or because his soul got tore up he lost whatever that spirit thing was?

He  also mentions how he 'lost his rage' after you beat him, suggesting that whatever possessed him was the one that gave him all of these negative emotions?

We'll have to see whatever the hell it is Damien collected after the Indriad spirit cutscene in Anju's estate. I still lowkey believe Nim is straightup Nymiera but somehow manipulated by Indriad, but who knows

Regarding the essence Damien collected. If you speak to one of the villagers who are in the same room as cresecent in the base in sashila, he says that they ‘detected traces of Nihilego poison and that the substance is somewhat of a parasite’. But we still have no full conclusion on what the substance is, but there’s an obvious link to storm-9 and indriad.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JK’S said:

Regarding the essence Damien collected. If you speak to one of the villagers who are in the same room as cresecent in the base in sashila, he says that they ‘detected traces of Nihilego poison and that the substance is somewhat of a parasite’. But we still have no full conclusion on what the substance is, but there’s an obvious link to storm-9 and indriad.

Oh wow! That's really cool! I never knew about this. Guess this links to how Nihilego can brainwash people

I am 100% certain that Madame X is another version of Erin in the same way that Melia is another version of Maria. For the devs to use the exact same quote for two characters and highlight it? There's no other reason.

14 hours ago, eggon said:

I am 100% certain that Madame X is another version of Erin in the same way that Melia is another version of Maria. For the devs to use the exact same quote for two characters and highlight it? There's no other reason.

Madame X and Erin also share some personality traits. Both are stoic, determined and quite cynical. Could be a coincidence, but it could also point to them being related or different versions of each other. 

On 8/13/2021 at 1:32 AM, Bok_Choy777 said:

Also one thing about this Indriad's essence is very interesting. In the battle against Geara in Saki's gym,  Geara's sprite no long has this spirit thing next to him anymore. I'm not sure if this is because Natasia didn't find all 1000 pieces of him, or because his soul got tore up he lost whatever that spirit thing was?

He  also mentions how he 'lost his rage' after you beat him, suggesting that whatever possessed him was the one that gave him all of these negative emotions?

We'll have to see whatever the hell it is Damien collected after the Indriad spirit cutscene in Anju's estate. I still lowkey believe Nim is straightup Nymiera but somehow manipulated by Indriad, but who knows

Nim is definitely connected to nymeria or just straight up nymeria, remember when she calls onto hazuki and anju when she manifested? even though she can't possibly know who these people are?. one other thing: i think the nymeria's "ghost" is actually obelisk nymeria taking form of normal nymeria and telling these things to nim. regardless its really interesting. 

yea that geara thing was weird he was acting actually normal instead of the hateful psychopath we know and want to murder... is it possible that vitus is actually infecting people he comes into contact with? maybe nim or storm 9 that retreated into nim is vitus's (infection?) because it is strongly hinted in the game that vitus may be the cause of storm-9

On 8/16/2021 at 3:26 AM, eggon said:

yeah and there aren't a lot of erin and madame x interaction, maybe because if they come into contact with each other they might y'know atop existing

but why isn't time correcting itself if madame x and erin are in the same timeline? maybe because madame x doesn't stay in a specific timeline (remember she has a goddamn time diamond) for all we know she could be from a post apocalyptic future where she stays most of the time and coming back whenever she has business with team xen to avoid this major inconvenience. 

ONE OTHER THING: the stars on Melia may depict how much time she has left? l'd like to go into more detail about this. look at the top left and the bottom right one, they are decaying, and the bottom left one has one of its point missing, maybe this depicts how much time Melia has left before genesis syndrome takes effect? 

maybe i am looking to much into this

Screenshot 2021-08-18 172112.png

Edited by CandyRock

I do not know if this has been said before, but in the backstory about the champion in ch15, we see some of the Elite 8. One of them is Dylan from the Ana sidequest!

Guess he was not kidding when he said he was strong lol. I just noticed this detail on my new save file, completely missed it the first time. 

He is partially hidden by the text box. 

Dylan.png

By the way does anyone know what happens when you play through the school of nightmares if you use the code to play as Ana's sprite in the beginning? It seems that the scene in the Interceptor's nightmare realm changes a bit based on the sprite you chose, so it would be interesting to see what happens if you play as Ana seeing as she normally doesn't appear in the scene.

Another topic I just found out and wanna bring up:

After finishing V13 story, if you go to the Obelisk and speak to Melia. She says that the obelisk has been calling out to her, and a voice said to her ‘Not yet’ when she tried to to touch the Obeslisk pad. There’s definitely a link between the Archetype and the Interceptor/ The Core, and I feel like Garufa Inc. has the answer to this.

39 minutes ago, eggon said:

By the way does anyone know what happens when you play through the school of nightmares if you use the code to play as Ana's sprite in the beginning? It seems that the scene in the Interceptor's nightmare realm changes a bit based on the sprite you chose, so it would be interesting to see what happens if you play as Ana seeing as she normally doesn't appear in the scene.

Haven’t seen it myself so I don’t know, but I have a feeling her nano drive sprite would activate. But I’m not sure 

Edit: I just realised you were talking about the Nightmare realm and not the transformation scene so never mind 

Ok, so I have a few of theories about how the world has been reset before.
First, the Eclysia Pyramid. Because of some explaining from Kieran, we know that this is an ark, a vehicle used for a purpose of preserving and protecting a group of people.  My theory is that it came from the world where Garufa Inc. was created. As it was implied in flashbacks and in a journal entry in the old building in the 3rd Layer, this world was ending. To save themselves, they built the pyramid, which they most likely used in conjunction with Amethyst Grotto to escape their demise by resetting the world, and using the ark, they kept themselves safe from the reset.

In addition to this, I want to talk about Adrest. There are two different regarding this character. 1. He is one of the parts that made up the initial deity, who was found by Nymiera and was sealed inside the Amethyst Grotto, waiting to be reawakened when he is needed. 2. He is the son of Variya, the blonde woman seen in flashbacks, and is also seen alongside her in said flashbacks. So this is where it connects to the previous theory. What if, when the world was reset, the one who was sent to Amethyst Grotto to reset it was the human Adrest, who the had the soul/deity Adrest inhabit his body because he was the one who reset it. And then, when the world starts anew, this human Adrest is also the one we see protecting Nymiera in the past.

I also had a theory about the Nymiera in Zeight. My idea is that she was created in the 3rd Layer world, and was most probably based of off legends of Nymiera that were passed down in that world. And that this AI-Nymiera can interact with the future iterations of human Nymiera when the world is reset.

• Like 3

On 8/21/2021 at 5:11 PM, Mageknight said:

Ok, so I have a few of theories about how the world has been reset before.
First, the Eclysia Pyramid. Because of some explaining from Kieran, we know that this is an ark, a vehicle used for a purpose of preserving and protecting a group of people.  My theory is that it came from the world where Garufa Inc. was created. As it was implied in flashbacks and in a journal entry in the old building in the 3rd Layer, this world was ending. To save themselves, they built the pyramid, which they most likely used in conjunction with Amethyst Grotto to escape their demise by resetting the world, and using the ark, they kept themselves safe from the reset.

In addition to this, I want to talk about Adrest. There are two different regarding this character. 1. He is one of the parts that made up the initial deity, who was found by Nymiera and was sealed inside the Amethyst Grotto, waiting to be reawakened when he is needed. 2. He is the son of Variya, the blonde woman seen in flashbacks, and is also seen alongside her in said flashbacks. So this is where it connects to the previous theory. What if, when the world was reset, the one who was sent to Amethyst Grotto to reset it was the human Adrest, who the had the soul/deity Adrest inhabit his body because he was the one who reset it. And then, when the world starts anew, this human Adrest is also the one we see protecting Nymiera in the past.

I also had a theory about the Nymiera in Zeight. My idea is that she was created in the 3rd Layer world, and was most probably based of off legends of Nymiera that were passed down in that world. And that this AI-Nymiera can interact with the future iterations of human Nymiera when the world is reset.

So what you're saying is that the in the previous world where the Garufa civilization was founded, all the legends of the creation of the world is the same as the world we inhabit in and therefore Nymiera was also a mythical figure and was also one of the first humans? So they were way ahead of the current world before being reset, but then why is their stuff still here? I guess human Adrest found soul Adrest when he was resetting the world in the grotto? And how is Variya still able to interact with MC (turning them into the interceptor) after the world was reset and is somehow powerful enough to edit the world so now "we" are them instead of Aevia/Avis/Alain/etc?

Another really confusing character is Ana, at a first glance, she is clearly related to the group of friends whose souls became the MC. But the android Ana that we meet seems to have memories from the previous world where pokemon are extinct. If the world was reset and I mean literally reset, would that imply that events happened in the same way in both iterations? The meteor hitting the god deity and splitting in 3, the creation of the 4 siblings using the Archetype, the group of friends getting attacked by Nihilego  (why did this happen btw did the storm just create them out of nowhere), how many of these events happened in the previous world if it happened at all? It's all very confusing and though I do believe the devs had an outline or an idea of the big picture of the story from the start, I think it's pretty clear sometimes stories take a life of their own and it's why it becomes so convoluted at times, especially after so many rewrites. For example, Kanon's story feels a lot like it got retconned at some point.

Imho as of right now at least the explanation for the existence of Clear and Kieran is a somewhat unsatisfying. They claim to be from another dimension which I assume isn't the same as claiming that they are from the previous world. If this is true then that creates another layer to the fabric of reality of the world. They seem to almost be omniscient and is working towards destroying everything, why don't they just kill all of us at the start of the game? They clearly knew of our importance to the grand scheme at least from way back during the events in Terajuma (and they have a gun). Why are they doing this? Out of all the characters that we know why did it have to be Jean and Xara that turned into these people? The Jean and Xara of our dimension doesn't seem to share the same traits (except for intelligence maybe). So far at least, I feel like they complicate the story too much, they know too much, and they feel like an easy source of conflict whenever the story needs one instead of being natural manipulative antagonists. And they exist on top of another extremely powerful antagonist in the form of Madame X (who also know a lot) and Madame X has the luxury of being built up much early on in the game.

7 hours ago, eggon said:

So what you're saying is that the in the previous world where the Garufa civilization was founded, all the legends of the creation of the world is the same as the world we inhabit in and therefore Nymiera was also a mythical figure and was also one of the first humans? So they were way ahead of the current world before being reset, but then why is their stuff still here? I guess human Adrest found soul Adrest when he was resetting the world in the grotto? And how is Variya still able to interact with MC (turning them into the interceptor) after the world was reset and is somehow powerful enough to edit the world so now "we" are them instead of Aevia/Avis/Alain/etc?

I'll admit, it's a bit of a stretch to assume that the previous world had the same legends and history, but it would be a bit convoluted if each world was that different from each other, rather than each world being the same, just with alterations caused by the nature of the reset or because of the actions of those who survived.

I think that when the world is reset, it doesn't erase the old world, but instead the old world is pushed down into the earth, and the new world is formed above that.

I don't know a thing about who Variya is, or why she appears when someone goes super. My best guess is that she's like Mom in Zeight and is just a cyberghost who guides people from beyond the grave.

7 hours ago, eggon said:

Another really confusing character is Ana, at a first glance, she is clearly related to the group of friends whose souls became the MC. But the android Ana that we meet seems to have memories from the previous world where pokemon are extinct. If the world was reset and I mean literally reset, would that imply that events happened in the same way in both iterations? The meteor hitting the god deity and splitting in 3, the creation of the 4 siblings using the Archetype, the group of friends getting attacked by Nihilego  (why did this happen btw did the storm just create them out of nowhere), how many of these events happened in the previous world if it happened at all? It's all very confusing and though I do believe the devs had an outline or an idea of the big picture of the story from the start, I think it's pretty clear sometimes stories take a life of their own and it's why it becomes so convoluted at times, especially after so many rewrites. For example, Kanon's story feels a lot like it got retconned at some point.

I had an idea that Ana is from this world, but her Nano Drive isn't and is instead from the previous world, but it was damaged at some point or another.

7 hours ago, eggon said:

Imho as of right now at least the explanation for the existence of Clear and Kieran is a somewhat unsatisfying. They claim to be from another dimension which I assume isn't the same as claiming that they are from the previous world. If this is true then that creates another layer to the fabric of reality of the world. They seem to almost be omniscient and is working towards destroying everything, why don't they just kill all of us at the start of the game? They clearly knew of our importance to the grand scheme at least from way back during the events in Terajuma (and they have a gun). Why are they doing this? Out of all the characters that we know why did it have to be Jean and Xara that turned into these people? The Jean and Xara of our dimension doesn't seem to share the same traits (except for intelligence maybe). So far at least, I feel like they complicate the story too much, they know too much, and they feel like an easy source of conflict whenever the story needs one instead of being natural manipulative antagonists. And they exist on top of another extremely powerful antagonist in the form of Madame X (who also know a lot) and Madame X has the luxury of being built up much early on in the game.

First of all, it is explained that they aren't alternate versions of Xara and Jean, but android duplicates made by someone from an alternate dimension/timeline who based them off of the Xara and Jean of their world. I will agree that their existence does complicate the story a lot, with what their able to do, and what they have been doing. But it seems that their plan is to manipulate events to cause the destruction of this world, for whatever reason. 

15 hours ago, Mageknight said:

First of all, it is explained that they aren't alternate versions of Xara and Jean, but android duplicates made by someone from an alternate dimension/timeline who based them off of the Xara and Jean of their world. I will agree that their existence does complicate the story a lot, with what their able to do, and what they have been doing. But it seems that their plan is to manipulate events to cause the destruction of this world, for whatever reason. 

My problem with those 2 characters is that they seem intended to play the role of a manipulative super powerful super knowledgeable villains, but we kinda already have that in Madame X. And sometimes the stuff that they do feel like a convenient way for the plot to progress instead of having an internal reasoning that makes sense and as a result complicates things in a way that no other plotline does imo. For example, it's suggested that Clear was the one who manipulated Nim and turned her into Lorna not Crescent. But why? They already can turn people into stone with the machine without Nim's help, or perhaps they are readying her to be the new Storm-9? But then why pose as Crescent? Not only does Nim not have any type of relationship to Crescent beforehand, Clear, either before or after, neutralized her so they didn't have much to gain by implicating her. She could've impersonated anyone else or even just wore a mask if she just wants to obfuscate the situation and it wouldn't play out that differently. This is one of those scenarios that I mentioned I felt was retconned at some point. Every other major plotline whether it's Team Xen, Garufa, Vitus, are really fun to explore for me in a way that this one just isn't because it kinda exist on it's own external to everything else except for when they are needed to manipulate some event in a certain way to create conflict.

On 8/25/2021 at 2:37 AM, eggon said:

My problem with those 2 characters is that they seem intended to play the role of a manipulative super powerful super knowledgeable villains, but we kinda already have that in Madame X. And sometimes the stuff that they do feel like a convenient way for the plot to progress instead of having an internal reasoning that makes sense and as a result complicates things in a way that no other plotline does imo. For example, it's suggested that Clear was the one who manipulated Nim and turned her into Lorna not Crescent. But why? They already can turn people into stone with the machine without Nim's help, or perhaps they are readying her to be the new Storm-9? But then why pose as Crescent? Not only does Nim not have any type of relationship to Crescent beforehand, Clear, either before or after, neutralized her so they didn't have much to gain by implicating her. She could've impersonated anyone else or even just wore a mask if she just wants to obfuscate the situation and it wouldn't play out that differently. This is one of those scenarios that I mentioned I felt was retconned at some point. Every other major plotline whether it's Team Xen, Garufa, Vitus, are really fun to explore for me in a way that this one just isn't because it kinda exist on it's own external to everything else except for when they are needed to manipulate some event in a certain way to create conflict.

I kinda want to talk about Crescent, since you've mentioned her in relation to Nim becoming Lorna

One thing that is interesting is how Crescent sends Jenner, Geara, Zetta into Nim's realm. I don't remember if it was stated whether Crescent knew the place she sent the 3 was inside Nim's realm or not, and thus in extension we don't know if she knew who/what Nim was beforehand. There actually isn't enough information to say that the Crescent who manipulated Nim into Lorna was Clear and not Crescent, even though it feels that way. 

And given that when MC, Aelita and Ren bump into Lorna for the first time in Zone Zero the only person who Lorna didn't want to fight and acknowledged in terms of trying  to save her in Valor Mountain was MC, which is something that the real Crescent would do. Of course this could've all happened after Crescent was knocked out on Route 7, but:

After the whole Valor Mt thing, you see Crescent in the Villa in Teila Resort again, who tells you she can't save you again (links with the Core, as it says there's not enough energy for another revive or something like that, and how Crescent has her lives shared with MC). The thing about this is, how would Clear and Kieran know about the Core or how the Interceptors work? There's just no way and surely the MC would be dead around that part of the story if they knew that already. So this has to be the real Crescent right? Crescent also says that she sent Adam, Valarie, Saki, Braixen, Aelita, Cella to the spiritual healer (located somewhere in GDC [Souta] ), which leads to that scene where Crescent encounters Kieran and Clear in Route 7. 

Of course, in the flashback, Crescent appears to fight Clear and Kieran after the Saki squad gets knocked out, so at least we know the Crescent at the villa was the real one, I think?

You see the cutscene of Crescent talking to Nim in Terajuma jungle after the Amber gym fight, in which Crescent "shows a bad future" of sorts to Nim and hence changes her appearance, telling her to "do something" (likely to turn specific people to stone). Of course, this stone thing is likely to power the Dream Machine, but all this time we assume the Crescent we know is on the good side.

The interesting part is how Crescent also has tried to manipulate Ren to join team Xen (surely this is the real Crescent, as this happens way before Clear and Kieran are even introduced). I'm not sure what her purpose was, especially since I don't see how Ren joining team Xen benefits her specifically. There is also a mention of how the Crescent Melia knew "went rogue" against the Storm Chasers at some point, which is likely her seeing the bad future where storm 9 hits Aevium (but this is never specified). If that's the case, then this sort of lines up with the same bad future she shows to Nim. 

Upon reading Melia's diary in the past, we can tell that Crescent wasn't "rogue" yet when Melia first joined the Storm Chasers, and that she was already sort of deceptive and ruthless, as she basically releases the Galvantula to fake Melia's death scene (this Galvantula is probably hers, as we see her throw a pokeball and Ren saying Galvantula were rare in Amethyst Cave I think).

This makes me to believe that Crescent is more likely on the evil side in terms of motivations (apart from not wanting to hurt MC, ofc) and that we can't definitively say that the Crescent who manipulated Nim wasn't the real deal and was just Clear. 

I know Crescent is captured and placed in the pod in the Dream machine, and says how she doesn't care about Nim and thought she was dead as soon as she fell in the lava, but this once again shows that she was somehow there to see Nim's death unfold and didn't decide to step in until after MC dies as well. 

We don't know Crescent's motives, and so she could easily be lying to Venam and the MC about her statements she said regarding Nim's death. 

Of course, I could be completely wrong about all of this as the Crescent that makes Nim Lorna in the Terajuma scene did not have her Gothitelle with her, which is something that she mostly always have out in most of her encounters from memory, so this could hint that this "Crescent" was Lorna. Idk though.

One other possibility is either Cosmia or Comet, but they seem to always work as a pair so its unlikely either. 

21 minutes ago, Bok_Choy777 said:

There actually isn't enough information to say that the Crescent who manipulated Nim into Lorna was Clear and not Crescent, even though it feels that way. 

Crescent said extremely directly that she was not involved in this. Considering her arrogance and overall character there is absolutely zero reason to doubt her words. It was 100% Clear. 

22 minutes ago, Bok_Choy777 said:

And given that when MC, Aelita and Ren bump into Lorna for the first time in Zone Zero the only person who Lorna didn't want to fight and acknowledged in terms of trying  to save her in Valor Mountain was MC, which is something that the real Crescent would do

It was just Clear's illusion, she can show visions to people very easily and manipulate truth, like she did in WLL. 

28 minutes ago, Bok_Choy777 said:

There is also a mention of how the Crescent Melia knew "went rogue" against the Storm Chasers at some point, which is likely her seeing the bad future where storm 9 hits Aevium (but this is never specified).

She did not went rogue "against" Storm Chasers, considering her main obsession and interest seems to be MC, either she learned how to bring us back via black box and went rogue to execute this plan, or learned that at some point Storm Chasers plan to hurt MC. 

31 minutes ago, Bok_Choy777 said:

This makes me to believe that Crescent is more likely on the evil side in terms of motivations

Just because she doesnt care about anyone but MC doesnt mean her motivations are anywhere evil, and she is most likely only on her and MC side. The only bad things she did were done to team Xen members, otherwise being very rude is not a crime. 

I think the Lorna sitiation is very clear, not sure if there is anything to discuss there. It's not exactly Metal Gear where Ocelot got like 15 allegiances. 

Unrelated to the above discussions, for those who's played WLL, we see how the cloaked figure that killed Taelia and Nora was a Bisharp. Incidentally, we see Cassandra owning a Shadow Bisharp in her battle in the Pearl Route, and we now know that Deagan was given to the Hospital of Hope by Cassandra. I'm now wondering if Cassandra is helping Madame X directly, and knows about Kieran and Clear, as she knew Xara and Jean from a flashback. There is also the fact that her name isn't listed as a Team Xen Member which is kind of sus.

Just something interesting I wanted to point out

32 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Crescent said extremely directly that she was not involved in this. Considering her arrogance and overall character there is absolutely zero reason to doubt her words. It was 100% Clear. 

It was just Clear's illusion, she can show visions to people very easily and manipulate truth, like she did in WLL. 

She did not went rogue "against" Storm Chasers, considering her main obsession and interest seems to be MC, either she learned how to bring us back via black box and went rogue to execute this plan, or learned that at some point Storm Chasers plan to hurt MC. 

Just because she doesnt care about anyone but MC doesnt mean her motivations are anywhere evil, and she is most likely only on her and MC side. The only bad things she did were done to team Xen members, otherwise being very rude is not a crime. 

I think the Lorna sitiation is very clear, not sure if there is anything to discuss there. It's not exactly Metal Gear where Ocelot got like 15 allegiances. 

ok yeah I probably overthought XD

13 hours ago, Bok_Choy777 said:

and we now know that Deagan was given to the Hospital of Hope by Cassandra. I

I personally think she did this to make Tesla and amber suffer a bit, but there’s probably more to her doing that so I say with certainty.

13 hours ago, Bok_Choy777 said:

There is also the fact that her name isn't listed as a Team Xen Member which is kind of sus

This is because Cassandra is the Mayor of Grand dream City, which gives Team Xen and Madame X a lot of power, as an admin of their organisation is literally the political leader of the Capital of Aevium.

If someone like Ren (who only joined Team Xen a few months ago from where we are in the story) was able to access the database easily and could find her name, she would be put at risk. So they had to hide her identity.

Another point I wanna bring up is Clear and Kieran. How and why do they have the power to time travel. Sure you can say Madame X can give them the time Crystal she has, but they come out of what looks like Ultra wormholes whenever they travel through time. I feel like the futuristic tech they use has something to do with.

Another random point & and fun fact: When we first meet Clear on the pyramid, correct me if I’m wrong, she said she was on a mission of a couple of days and I assume that mission was the WLL, so from her perspective, WLL happened a few hours ago?? I’m just guessing based of her interaction with Aelita when they meet.

5 hours ago, JK’S said:

Another point I wanna bring up is Clear and Kieran. How and why do they have the power to time travel. Sure you can say Madame X can give them the time Crystal she has, but they come out of what looks like Ultra wormholes whenever they travel through time. I feel like the futuristic tech they use has something to do with.

Another random point & and fun fact: When we first meet Clear on the pyramid, correct me if I’m wrong, she said she was on a mission of a couple of days and I assume that mission was the WLL, so from her perspective, WLL happened a few hours ago?? I’m just guessing based of her interaction with Aelita when they meet.

well they can time travel so of course she can just travel to any time

I actually have something on my mind for a long time and i havent seen any discussion about that. Unless i missed it. Who was this fake Talon from the hospital? Because we now know that ??? patient from Kanto was Deagan, who was alive at the time, and we confirmed everyone else. But then who was the patient under Talon's name with all the wrong info, and why he was in this list? 

7 hours ago, Cyphre said:

I actually have something on my mind for a long time and i havent seen any discussion about that. Unless i missed it. Who was this fake Talon from the hospital? Because we now know that ??? patient from Kanto was Deagan, who was alive at the time, and we confirmed everyone else. But then who was the patient under Talon's name with all the wrong info, and why he was in this list? 

I actually completely forgot about talon. After everything in V12 he was kinda forgotten, with only slight mentions in v13. This is actually interesting, but I don’t think we have enough info about talon to make any sort of conclusion. All we know is that he’s the official flying gym leader, he attends axis high, and he’s good friends with Risa and Lavender.

I don't remember if someone already talk about it, but, checking Battlers in the Graphics Folder of the game, I found that the Storm-9 we fought as Alexandra and Damien is a Xerneas's form. It's not the first time we saw Xerneas hiding something for the game:

Indeed:

-Xerneas was the Pokémon for the old logo of the game, plus the screen border and some wallpapers at the start of the application running;

-Xerneas appear as statue in Blacksteeple Castle(since V13);

-Nymiera has a statue of this mon in her house in Hiyoshi City;

-Yveltal was Madame X's Pokémon, despite she never use it from that moment and never quote it, even if she was near to be defeated in Eclypsia Pyramid. Then, this Pokémon was sent from "Father" to help Melanie in the ruined future. Maybe Nymiera is connected to Xerneas? Or maybe the Interceptor, but it's still difficult to understand if Xerneas will have a role in this game.