V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

• Developers

I have no plans to add TR's. TM's will stay the same.

The entire game (SWSH) was built around raids and getting TR's by spamming raids with friends or what have you.

Since Rejuv is not built around raids, the system of TR's and the shortening of movesets for certain Pokemon should not, and will not apply here.

Adding old tms to new Pokemon is a brand new conversation, though. One that I am not too sure on myself. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Jan said:

f955dea90e8faeb31ffdbc0a8695c88f.png

Never worry about grinding or picking up new team members ever again :].

P.S. You guys are free to talk here now. Go nuts.

HOLY COW! And with the added bonus of access to easy EV training, this game is infinitely more replayable! Thanks for all the hard work + adding gen 8 bois and girls- some of us don't have a switch/ are not getting one any time soon so this game will be my first interaction with them.

Edited by hamfam000

Seeing this new exp candy item as something that might potentially make it to the game, I cannot help but wonder: will these candies always give a certain amount of exp.points upon being consumed (in proportion to the mon's level), or a fixed number of exp.points? I ask this because one of the bigger issues with exp grinding is that, upon getting to the higher levels/level caps, the exp gain starts becoming gradually slower, even with audino breeders taken into account. Which is why I am wondering if these candies give a fixed amount of exp points, or does it vary by the mon's level? Either way though this just gives me more reasons to be excited for the next release!

3 hours ago, Jan said:

The entire game (SWSH) was built around raids and getting TR's by spamming raids with friends or what have you.

Since Rejuv is not built around raids, the system of TR's and the shortening of movesets for certain Pokemon should not, and will not apply here.

Adding old tms to new Pokemon is a brand new conversation, though. One that I am not too sure on myself. 

I HAVE FIXED THE ISSUE I DOWNLOADED THE LATEST PATCH OF V12. I DID'T KNOW IT. IT'S OK NOW Hello Jan i accidentally took the train out of Grand Dream Tournament and i cannot return. Is there a patch to fux this? It wasnt clear where should i go after the talk so i got the train to explore around. please help i will lose soooo many stuff and questa i did

Edited by mikejohnson

3 hours ago, Jan said:

Great! tbh I though TRs were the new TMs but I'm glad there won't be so many changes!

9 hours ago, Jan said:

Sounds pretty interesting. Ultimately the choice is up to you but I'll admit that I'm curious to see how you'd implement it should you choose to do so.

10 hours ago, Jan said:

Glad to hear that, so i assume the TMs that are in V12 will stay the same in V13. Game Freak really did make a cut and removed things from the game whereever they could in Sword/Shield, huh? But would you consider adding a few new of the new Gen 8 moves as new, additional TMs into V13?

On 12/10/2019 at 4:49 PM, Jan said:

Are the pokemon that made it through Dexit going to be able to obtain moves they can only get through TM in SwSh? Examples being new Nasty Plot mons

• Developers
3 minutes ago, Paperblade said:

Are the pokemon that made it through Dexit going to be able to obtain moves they can only get through TM in SwSh? Examples being new Nasty Plot mons

If not through TM, then Tutor. Either way, they're getting their new moves. :]

• Like 7

• Veterans
On 12/11/2019 at 12:35 AM, captainfrost202 said:

Seeing this new exp candy item as something that might potentially make it to the game, I cannot help but wonder: will these candies always give a certain amount of exp.points upon being consumed (in proportion to the mon's level), or a fixed number of exp.points? I ask this because one of the bigger issues with exp grinding is that, upon getting to the higher levels/level caps, the exp gain starts becoming gradually slower, even with audino breeders taken into account. Which is why I am wondering if these candies give a fixed amount of exp points, or does it vary by the mon's level? Either way though this just gives me more reasons to be excited for the next release!

They function basically the same as they do in SWSH, so they give fixed amounts of Exp!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

No raids means no Dynamax and no Gigantamax here in this game. Yet, I was thinking about Crests. I want to make sure if those original Crests works on Regional Pokemon too like Galarian Darmanitan holding a Darmanitan Crest when I will play in V13 because I'm still worried about. The another reason is that both Darmanitan and Galarian Darmanitan can still use their hidden ability Zen mode.

Edited by RoyChaos

46 minutes ago, Rising Emperor said:

Jan@ Since u won't  be adding Gigantamax to Rejuvenation, would it be possible for the pokemon in SwSh that gain Gigantamax should gain a fan-made mega evolution instead. Example, being Lapras, Machamp, Kingler, Snorlax, etc...

We already have Rift and Pulse forms. I don't think we need fan-made megas too. We don't have Mega ring anyway)

2 hours ago, RoyChaos said:

No raids means no Dynamax and no Gigantamax here in this game. Yet, I was thinking about Crests. I want to make sure if those original Crests works on Regional Pokemon too like Galarian Darmanitan holding a Darmanitan Crest when I will play in V13 because I'm still worried about. The another reason is that both Darmanitan and Galarian Darmanitan can still use their hidden ability Zen mode.

I would count Regional forms as different species regarding specific items and stuff like that.

How will the terrain surge abilities be handled now that they have wider distribution? Assuming they will just not be available on their respective setters until post-game? 

I suppose Defog will not clear terrain either like it does in gen 8 (and that's only reasonable) but it can't hurt to ask about that either. 

13 minutes ago, tjflexxkidd said:

Wonder if the new shiny hunting method will be incorporated into this version 

Is there really a point in that? The game already has an approximate shiny rate of 1/100. (Plus the new method is kind of useless since it only offers boosted rates 3% of the time) 

32 minutes ago, Justintrainer21 said:

do you know when the update will come out? I have beaten everything so far and want to see more pokemon and more of the adventure.

Don't mean to sound rude or anything, but it will come out when Jan thinks it is ready to come out, which is going to be a while.  So, I advice to relax and be patient.