Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

I think there might be something wrong with the event. From what I've noticed the key works only if you speak to Rosetta immediately after your talk with Lilith, however if you talk to Garrett first the key doesn't work. This is just what I've noticed, Ive only talked to Rosetta right after Lilith said not not.

• Developers
15 minutes ago, Enigma Shot U said:

I think there might be something wrong with the event. From what I've noticed the key works only if you speak to Rosetta immediately after your talk with Lilith, however if you talk to Garrett first the key doesn't work. This is just what I've noticed, Ive only talked to Rosetta right after Lilith said not not.

There is a bug, yes. I haven't written it down mostly because the final build of the Episode is dropping tomorrow, which I believe fixes that problem and others.

Ooook so i completed this Arc. I can say i feel more full by finishing this incomplete game, than i had been with other complete games.

Also because i had not done it before, consider this a review of the whole game, not just the 4th part.

The story is well thought, the great selection of music does the job of immersing you in the story and makes u want to delay finishing some battles so u can listen to the whole track.

Moreover, the characters are believable. Everyone has their strong points and flaws,  even the 2 siblings that are considered "monsters".  Except Ava. She is too utopic atm. I hope we will see her flawed side in the future.

Nice mapping too. Blackview succeeds in making the player HATE it, as they should. I can proudly brag that i have eventually learned to navigate my way in that chaos. Celia will surely be a city where the player will always have business to do (excluding my mansion) till the end of the game. Many districts... many locked houses for us to burgle in and many npcs waiting for the right time to serve you deal with you!  

The amount of battles for such a short story was high enough for a person to level 2-3 different teams from 50 to 60. Most major battles had a decent difficulty, being balanced by the generosity of this game in terms of pokemon availability and items.  

I believe Rosetta (which must have prolly been programmed as the final and hardest battle of this arc)  must normally be pretty hard. But i couldnt really judge that because my Togekiss swept her from start to finish. Gym leader difficulty is a pretty sensitive subject, since depending on their teams, players can find a gym ranging from a cakewalk (like i never had any issue with pre-nerf Connor) to an eternal hell (First run Tristan). I do believe though, that little feedbacks from many playrers, might create a bigger picture in the long run, which might help you balance most of the gyms by changing mons or moves, or even postpone the acquisition of mons by the player if they are deemed too powerful for that part.

For example, Scizor. Even though i didnt even need to use it against Rosetta (it would massacre her worse than Togekiss. At least Toge got some nice flinches to help it 2hko stuff safely), it is incredibly easy for it (i have full HP and Atk EVs) to set up 2-3 swords dances on anything not having a fire move, and OHKO everything with bullet punch. Yes, everything.. resisted or not. Arcanines with intimidate n stuff. Only things like Steelix can survive it. I dont really say this stuff often, but this bug is too broken (hydreigon doesn't even compare) for this stage of the game, or maybe any stage... hell, what am i saying, we are already fighting teams with pseudos, things like mega blaziken, with competitive sets... i don't think its possible to see stronger teams anymore. And all Scizor needs to maul every single one of them, is an extremely easily found setup oppurtunity. I really do think that if Scizor is to be kept into the game, the AI should be hardcoded to immediately switch something with fire coverage or good defense + steel resistances the moment the player releases Scizor.

I really do think you should edit some (just some) movesets of trained pokemon... beceause is pretty unrealistic for high roller trainers to own roserades with poison sting and other level-up moves...

I feel like there are places, where field effects could potentially exist, but they do not... like on that snowy mountain.  

Also nice coding i guess, since this is the first game where i went from start to end without a single crash/error. Maybe i was just lucky tho.

Finally, in the spoiler below, i list certain events, and i don't really want any help with them except an answer.  If an event can be completed in the current release, "Y", if not, "N" . (mainly so i can keep searching, or do something else with my life :F)

Spoiler

1. Route 2, man in house below Ranger guild,  wants a "strong trainer"...

2. Locked Ranger house on the mountain.

3.Blackview, north part, in a house, someone wants a doll from bronze island..

4. Celia docks, that incompetent cop is still trying to open the cage with the Emboar...  

P.S. I want a helipad on my roof. I know i can have fly and teleporters but helipads are cool. 

P.S. 2  The self-proclaimed Typo King (me) approves of "CREDITS LOCATED IN BASE FOLER"

Edited by DemICE

• Developers
23 minutes ago, DemICE said:

Ooook so i completed this Arc. I can say i feel more full by finishing this incomplete game, than i had been with other complete games.

Also because i had not done it before, consider this a review of the whole game, not just the 4th part.

The story is well thought, the great selection of music does the job of immersing you in the story and makes u want to delay finishing some battles so u can listen to the whole track.

Moreover, the characters are believable. Everyone has their strong points and flaws,  even the 2 siblings that are considered "monsters".  Except Ava. She is too utopic atm. I hope we will see her flawed side in the future.

Nice mapping too. Blackview succeeds in making the player HATE it, as they should. I can proudly brag that i have eventually learned to navigate my way in that chaos. Celia will surely be a city where the player will always have business to do (excluding my mansion) till the end of the game. Many districts... many locked houses for us to burgle in and many npcs waiting for the right time to serve you deal with you!  

The amount of battles for such a short story was high enough for a person to level 2-3 different teams from 50 to 60. Most major battles had a decent difficulty, being balanced by the generosity of this game in terms of pokemon availability and items.  

I believe Rosetta (which must have prolly been programmed as the final and hardest battle of this arc)  must normally be pretty hard. But i couldnt really judge that because my Togekiss swept her from start to finish. Gym leader difficulty is a pretty sensitive subject, since depending on their teams, players can find a gym ranging from a cakewalk (like i never had any issue with pre-nerf Connor) to an eternal hell (First run Tristan). I do believe though, that little feedbacks from many playrers, might create a bigger picture in the long run, which might help you balance most of the gyms by changing mons or moves, or even postpone the acquisition of mons by the player if they are deemed too powerful for that part.

For example, Scizor. Even though i didnt even need to use it against Rosetta (it would massacre her worse than Togekiss. At least Toge got some nice flinches to help it 2hko stuff safely), it is incredibly easy for it (i have full HP and Atk EVs) to set up 2-3 swords dances on anything not having a fire move, and OHKO everything with bullet punch. Yes, everything.. resisted or not. Arcanines with intimidate n stuff. Only things like Steelix can survive it. I dont really say this stuff often, but this bug is too broken (hydreigon doesn't even compare) for this stage of the game, or maybe any stage... hell, what am i saying, we are already fighting teams with pseudos, things like mega blaziken, with competitive sets... i don't think its possible to see stronger teams anymore. And all Scizor needs to maul every single one of them, is an extremely easily found setup oppurtunity. I really do think that if Scizor is to be kept into the game, the AI should be hardcoded to immediately switch something with fire coverage or good defense + steel resistances the moment the player releases Scizor.

I really do think you should edit some (just some) movesets of trained pokemon... beceause is pretty unrealistic for high roller trainers to own roserades with poison sting and other level-up moves...

I feel like there are places, where field effects could potentially exist, but they do not... like on that snowy mountain.  

Also nice coding i guess, since this is the first game where i went from start to end without a single crash/error. Maybe i was just lucky tho.

Finally, in the spoiler below, i list certain events, and i don't really want any help with them except an answer.  If an event can be completed in the current release, "Y", if not, "N" . (mainly so i can keep searching, or do something else with my life :F)

Hide contents

1. Route 2, man in house below Ranger guild,  wants a "strong trainer"...

2. Locked Ranger house on the mountain.

3.Blackview, north part, in a house, someone wants a doll from bronze island..

4. Celia docks, that incompetent cop is still trying to open the cage with the Emboar...  

P.S. I want a helipad on my roof. I know i can have fly and teleporters but helipads are cool. 

P.S. 2  The self-proclaimed Typo King (me) approves of "CREDITS LOCATED IN BASE FOLER"

Metal Coat axed in Episode 5 lolololol. Interesting to hear your thoughts, I actually agree with everything you've said.

As for your questions, in order:

1:  N - later episode.

2: Which one? The one on the very peak - Y. The one with people outside it - N.

3: N - later episode.

4: N - lol.

• Global Mods

I OHKO'd Rosetta's whole team. :D First Flygon took out Klefki with Earthquake, then Toxicroak took care of everyone else with Poison Jab. That being said, I probably only was able to do so with Gardevoir because mega evolutions have pre-mega speed on the turn they mega evolve. 

Also, I'm still missing two vendors from the mansion: the one that sells elite trainer items and the one that sells high-end mainstream items. Does anyone know where those two are? They should be the top two vendors at the first table from the entrance to the room. 

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

I OHKO'd Rosetta's whole team. :D First Flygon took out Klefki with Earthquake, then Toxicroak took care of everyone else with Poison Jab. That being said, I probably only was able to do so with Gardevoir because mega evolutions have pre-mega speed on the turn they mega evolve. 

Also, I'm still missing two vendors from the mansion: the one that sells elite trainer items and the one that sells high-end mainstream items. Does anyone know where those two are? They should be the top two vendors at the first table from the entrance to the room. 

How many total vendors can you even have? I only have 1 and searched pretty much everywhere in Cellia...

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, trailblazer77 said:

How many total vendors can you even have? I only have 1 and searched pretty much everywhere in Cellia...

12. Most of them can be purchased with credits by interacting with the notes on the stools, but a few need to be found.

• Developers

Final Build of Desolation - 4.1.1

I'm super busy now so I have to rush this out. This is the final build of the game until Episode 5 comes out. Please update to this final build as soon as possible, as it fixes almost all issues within the game.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 3

Where exactly do i find the hyper potion guy and the focus sash guy for my shop??? don't say "in the next release".I WANT HIM NOW

1 hour ago, BRS swag said:

Where exactly do i find the hyper potion guy and the focus sash guy for my shop??? don't say "in the next release".I WANT HIM NOW

From the looks of it, it doesn't look like their in the current release. Sorry dude. Worst news possible to hear

Hi, I dunno if this is a  bug, but I went back to the mountain after Blackview events, and well... Partnered up with him. However, he didn't leave; he's still following me. It's creeping me out Is this intentional? And also, what's with the Scrafty here? (I attached my save, just in case.)

creepy.PNG

Game.rxdata

Edited by rivalhyuu454

1 hour ago, rivalhyuu454 said:

Hi, I dunno if this is a  bug, but I went back to the mountain after Blackview events, and well... Partnered up with him. However, he didn't leave; he's still following me. It's creeping me out Is this intentional? And also, what's with the Scrafty here? (I attached my save, just in case.)

creepy.PNG

Game.rxdata

... how did u partner with him? i thought he was gone!

A couple of questions

1. What pokemon should I use to defeat Tristan?

2. What are Tristan's pokemon and their nicknames?

3. Is there a way to go to the summit of Silver Rise without having to traverse it again? Cause I need Trapinch.

So far, the story's quite interesting but the dungeons are quite tedious and daunting at times.

12 hours ago, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

12. Most of them can be purchased with credits by interacting with the notes on the stools, but a few need to be found.

Ah, i see. Thanks!

4 hours ago, rivalhyuu454 said:

Game.rxdata

fixed

Game.rxdata

2 hours ago, Mr. Divergent said:

A couple of questions

2. What are Tristan's pokemon and their nicknames?

3. Is there a way to go to the summit of Silver Rise without having to traverse it again? Cause I need Trapinch.

So far, the story's quite interesting but the dungeons are quite tedious and daunting at times.

Elegance - Staraptor

Exploud - Beat

Pory2 - Datum

Heliosk - Tilia

Loppuny - Requiem

wigglytuff - bugs

3 hours ago, DemICE said:

... how did u partner with him? i thought he was gone!

I went back to the top of Silver because I was searching for a Pokemon of Teal Panther's Boss then I just saw he was there. I thought I could unlock a sidequest or event or something so I paired up with him.

1 hour ago, Njab said:

fixed

Game.rxdata

Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, Mr. Divergent said:

Any Fighting type Pokemon, or Pokemon with status-changing moves. Rock types with Sturdy are also options.

3 hours ago, Mr. Divergent said:

The fastest way is to register on a teleporter there. Sadly, that's the only way.

Edited by rivalhyuu454

The grass is looking quite green today isn't it? But anyway this happens whenever the grassy field is turned into the combustion field by Ember and another Pokemon uses a move that is boosted by grassy field, this has happened by chance in the Connor fight, and once against the ace trainer outside of Red Cliff.

Grassy field bug.png

On 2/6/2017 at 1:34 PM, Ice Cream Sand Witch said:

The closest I can think of is making a copy of your save file to go back to in case you miss something for the ending you want. 

Yes. You can evolve it in the generator room of Cellia's power plant, but first you'll need to beat episode 4's leader and then speak to an NPC at Cellia's benches to start a quest to unlock the room.

So I basically talked to every NPC on benches in "Cellia Center" after defeating the gym leader, but none of them initiate the power plant generator room quest

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, Azewilous said:

So I basically talked to every NPC on benches in "Cellia Center" after defeating the gym leader, but none of them initiate the power plant generator room quest

This one:

ac8fc2fcce6a419d8dd088bd01b6e98c.png

He gives you a key but doesn't tell you where it goes. It's to a locked building in South Cellia which has the generator key. 

29 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

How exactly do you get Scyther? I need something more than Just "Finish The Garret Side quest then you will find an egg."

Spoiler

it's just that, in the foxes base after you defeat hardy he will drop an egg for you to pickup

On 2/10/2017 at 5:27 PM, alaneapen said:

Does anyone know where I can find shroomish or a decent fighting type Pokemon. I feel this game is dark type heavy and i need a solid check.

Your best bet is probably buying Machop from the credit shop I think you can buy pancham as well.