Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

• Developers
24 minutes ago, DemICE said:

The lack of any obtainable pokemon of Water 1 egg group (except starters) that learns Aqua Jet is noteworthy :P  i mean, not even scrubby things like Psyduck, Surskit, or Buizel

Wait for more water, it shouldnt be too long now! I'm well aware of which Pokemon need to be added in ASAP. It's a good thing that players will be visiting a new island in Episode 5 with LOTS of water.

7.8/10 too much water.

Edited by Caz

20 hours ago, Caz said:

Wait for more water, it shouldnt be too long now! I'm well aware of which Pokemon need to be added in ASAP. It's a good thing that players will be visiting a new island in Episode 5 with LOTS of water.

7.8/10 too much water.

oh ok.  azurill in pc till e5 then xD

dont wanna be using one, only to drop it later in favor of a new offspring with aqua jet

Sorry for doublepost, but im seriously stuck, though judging that i am the only one asking this, it must be something in plain view that i am obviously just not seeing.

Spoiler

I am at the part after Aurora used me as a hostage, and then vanished after a brief discussion with Rosetta. Then rosetta told me to explore the city and then -very clelarly- told me to meet her in the tournament building.

Well, i went at the tournament building, and she is nowhere, and i am not allowed anywhere except the big hall.

Of course she told me to explore the city first and return *when i am ready* ... well i did explore the city before entering the house where Aurora went, because it was obvious that was the main plot, and i always save the main plot for last.

I have done the following:

-Slept at my hotel room and spoke with Shiv

-Fought the foxes in a house at the docks, and now there is a policeman trying to figure out how to open the cage.

-Went to the library. Nothing special except Jared, and the Archives section from which i am blocked atm.

-Helped the Shopkeeper, and now i can purchase evo items.

-Visited the power plant, found some barred door i cannot open.

-Found 2 points from which i can enter a sewer. One says has a keyhole. The other does not, but for some reason my character refuses to choose to open it and go down there.

-Went to the Bar, which obviously has a Fight Club, but i apparently have to meet Garett first

-All 3 paths to the other parts of the city are blocked. still.

-Found Tristan sitting in a bench, and he disappeared like a ghost.

-Got a key, and a gligar. And a person that is willing to help me with anything but never does.

-Did the Serenity -Arceus sidequest

-Sena is worthless at lockpicking.

i really think i have not missed anything.... that would be a way to progress the plot.

10 minutes ago, DemICE said:

Sorry for doublepost, but im seriously stuck, though judging that i am the only one asking this, it must be something in plain view that i am obviously just not seeing.

Hide contents

I am at the part after Aurora used me as a hostage, and then vanished after a brief discussion with Rosetta. Then rosetta told me to explore the city and then -very clelarly- told me to meet her in the tournament building.

Well, i went at the tournament building, and she is nowhere, and i am not allowed anywhere except the big hall.

Of course she told me to explore the city first and return *when i am ready* ... well i did explore the city before entering the house where Aurora went, because it was obvious that was the main plot, and i always save the main plot for last.

I have done the following:

-Slept at my hotel room and spoke with Shiv

-Fought the foxes in a house at the docks, and now there is a policeman trying to figure out how to open the cage.

-Went to the library. Nothing special except Jared, and the Archives section from which i am blocked atm.

-Helped the Shopkeeper, and now i can purchase evo items.

-Visited the power plant, found some barred door i cannot open.

-Found 2 points from which i can enter a sewer. One says has a keyhole. The other does not, but for some reason my character refuses to choose to open it and go down there.

-Went to the Bar, which obviously has a Fight Club, but i apparently have to meet Garett first

-All 3 paths to the other parts of the city are blocked. still.

-Found Tristan sitting in a bench, and he disappeared like a ghost.

-Got a key, and a gligar. And a person that is willing to help me with anything but never does.

-Did the Serenity -Arceus sidequest

-Sena is worthless at lockpicking.

i really think i have not missed anything.... that would be a way to progress the plot.

She should be on one of the couches on the left side of the tournament building iirc

2 minutes ago, Lucky1998 said:

She should be on one of the couches on the left side of the tournament building iirc

PINK HAIR GETTING SO PERFECTLY CAMOUFLAGED WHEN EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE IS PINK

...thanks

Edited by DemICE
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dragon God Goomy said:

Has anyone got Aurora's good side on? I can't seem to do so.

Spoiler

if you are talking about relationship values, i managed to get all green but i couldn't get it when we wake up from "the dream"

• Developers
3 hours ago, DemICE said:

PINK HAIR GETTING SO PERFECTLY CAMOUFLAGED WHEN EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE IS PINK

...thanks

Hey don't blame me the pink is Rosetta's choice not mine. 

For the ceremonial dagger quest, I gave the girl the tribe and the moltres pictures. I went back to give her the final picture and now she's gone with only the book remaining. Anyone have any ideas? I've heard she spawns at the docks at some point during this quest but she isn't there.

1 hour ago, Senntenial said:

I finally got to Aurora's battle and I'm in love with the music! I can't seem to find it anywhere though, any know it?

If you look through the music files (BGM) you should be able to find it, its titled Battle Aurora.

8 minutes ago, Senntenial said:

I finally got to Aurora's battle and I'm in love with the music! I can't seem to find it anywhere though, any know it?

The actual name for it is "Tosca Fantasy" by Edvin Marton

• Developers
1 hour ago, Sara1404 said:

The actual name for it is "Tosca Fantasy" by Edvin Marton

Correct. I absolutely loved this music - hence why I used it for her battle, it seemed fairly fitting. Definitely search up the song itself rather than using what's in the files - the battle theme isn't the full track that you find online.

A small note: 

Something I find very amusing is how most players follow a very particular route, and plan it beforehand (involving the key) in pursuit of a "perfect" ending. I think it should be known now: Immediately, some endings may seem better than others, but in the long run, each outcome of Episode 4 will be beneficial in its own right. I implore players to follow their own choices rather than using the forums to achieve a so called "perfect" ending - as Desolation reaches its conclusion, you will find that no such thing exists.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 3

• Developers
4 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Are you going to have a shiny thread like Jan? So fans can pitch in and make shiny sprites?

Yeah, eventually. It'll be when a sub-forum gets made. When that happens I also intend on having a Guide thread, an Item location thread and finally a Pokemon location thread.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Caz said:

as Desolation reaches its conclusion, you will find that no such thing exists.

As much as I already saw that that was the direction you were headed with these choices (Every major choice is not black or white, good or bad, but is more like each side is gray, like both options are untrustworthy and won't end well...) It still kinda frightening to hear you say it.......

24 minutes ago, Caz said:

Yeah, eventually. It'll be when a sub-forum gets made. When that happens I also intend on having a Guide thread, an Item location thread and finally a Pokemon location thread.

great and one thing i can't find the ceremonial dagger quest girl and i have all the pictures are we suppose to finish this in another episode or...

6 hours ago, Caz said:

Correct. I absolutely loved this music - hence why I used it for her battle, it seemed fairly fitting. Definitely search up the song itself rather than using what's in the files - the battle theme isn't the full track that you find online.

A small note: 

Something I find very amusing is how most players follow a very particular route, and plan it beforehand (involving the key) in pursuit of a "perfect" ending. I think it should be known now: Immediately, some endings may seem better than others, but in the long run, each outcome of Episode 4 will be beneficial in its own right. I implore players to follow their own choices rather than using the forums to achieve a so called "perfect" ending - as Desolation reaches its conclusion, you will find that no such thing exists.

Well, funny I do pick my endings after my first run which I do blind. After that I plan my endings of the other 2 runs just to see the "full" game. Ah well for the perfect ending, I kinda saw that comming since you make choices that are not really good or bad. Even though all that, I think that most people are not pursuing a "perfect ending", they are pursuing the "best ending" based on personal feelings/preferences. 

3 hours ago, kingjrcasanova said:

Sooo... how do I begin the Arceus sidequest that some people are talking about?!

Spoiler

Well you first need to help the girl just before blackview city, by taking her photo quest. Then you have to help her get a swasbuck and then you have to talk to her before the temple.

• Upvote 1

Btw isn't a bit too early to include a source of unlimited credits? I kinda liked the fact that there was a limited currency I had to manage, knowing full well that my spending choices would deprive me of other choices.. Now that I can grind infinite creds at the fight club I find certain obtainables lose their value..

• Developers
1 hour ago, DemICE said:

Btw isn't a bit too early to include a source of unlimited credits? I kinda liked the fact that there was a limited currency I had to manage, knowing full well that my spending choices would deprive me of other choices.. Now that I can grind infinite creds at the fight club I find certain obtainables lose their value..

I've been really thinking about this, actually. For now, people should just enjoy the infinite credits while it lasts.