Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

1 hour ago, Jan said:

Won't be in V12, but I have plans for a sort of "journal" that keeps track of information for you so that you don't have to remember every single detail to get what's going on! 

If it would be like the story so far in DPP, that would be so cool. 

2 hours ago, RedAlert said:

Before the new release, is there a quick summary of the events hence sofar somewhere? I realize the game is really big at this point, but I'm sure I'm not the only one having a hard time keeping track of the story so far.

well if you got like 20-25 mins to spare, you can always check the game runs people post on this forum. helped me both during v10 and v11. gonna do the same in v12

I'm going to be restarting my save and using Infernape as a starter on normal difficulty once V12 comes out.  What should I do with my team? Ignore by V10 team below, just base ideas

13 minutes ago, kenzie said:

I'm going to be restarting my save and using Infernape as a starter on normal difficulty once V12 comes out.  What should I do with my team?

try replacing swalot with Drapion or toxicroak  and, swoobat with staraptor, stoutland with gardevoir.

starly can be obtained from doing the mosely sidequest also known as lost camp sidequest which will not happen until you clear the current version v11, ralts from secret shore backup lab which requires a regular pokeball, 3 cell batteries and probably ,metal powder for which you need rock climb

Edited by Harsh Bhakta

12 minutes ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

try replacing swalot with Drapion or toxicroak  and, swoobat with staraptor, stoutland with gardevoir.

starly can be obtained from doing the mosely sidequest also known as lost camp sidequest which will not happen until you clear the current version v11, ralts from secret shore backup lab which requires a regular pokeball, 3 cell batteries and probably ,metal powder for which you need rock climb

alolan muk is also a decent suggestion as ive used the same one thru multiple playthrus and its been a steeple on my team since my second run and this next one will be my 7th, there's also the factor of me using it in a 1v12 in the puppermaster's gym battlecuz aelite and her fighting types >.> the poison touch/poison jab combo is nice too, as for possible electric coveragethe best i can think of off the top of my head without much thought at least is a vikavolt, tho frail that thing makes for a monstrous special sweeper boasting just over 600 special attack with modest and full special attack training and choice specs and tho infernape is not a poor choice by any stretch of the means, on the contrary its an excellent choice but for the sake of abilities i would recommend blaziken as speed boost comboed with bulk up and some leftovers make for a very terrifying flaming turkey

3 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

alolan muk is also a decent suggestion as ive used the same one thru multiple playthrus and its been a steeple on my team since my second run and this next one will be my 7th, there's also the factor of me using it in a 1v12 in the puppermaster's gym battlecuz aelite and her fighting types >.> the poison touch/poison jab combo is nice too, as for possible electric coveragethe best i can think of off the top of my head without much thought at least is a vikavolt, tho frail that thing makes for a monstrous special sweeper boasting just over 600 special attack with modest and full special attack training and choice specs and tho infernape is not a poor choice by any stretch of the means, on the contrary its an excellent choice but for the sake of abilities i would recommend blaziken as speed boost comboed with bulk up and some leftovers make for a very terrifying flaming turkey

alolan muk is nice but i based it on speed sometimes being tanky and slow fall flat like the fight with florin/flora

7 minutes ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

alolan muk is nice but i based it on speed sometimes being tanky and slow fall flat like the fight with florin/flora

thats why i run it with either power up punch or even fire punch to offset it, or sometimes both tho this set is from my most recent run  mEdypzI.png

all the while it has 289 physical attack at that level as adamant so there's that as well

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

thats why i run it with either power up punch or even fire punch to offset it, or sometimes both tho this set is from my most recent run  mEdypzI.png

all the while it has 289 physical attack at that level as adamant so there's that as well

yeah true good point. Have you tried to get a beldum

19 minutes ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

yeah true good point. Have you tried to get a beldum

i have a metagross on standby as well as a good few other mons but i try to go for as much type diversity as possible meaning if i want to use metagross i have to box the mawile u see in my signature but that dont happen anymore unless im really annoyed by some trainers, tho u could argue against that entirely as the sylveon also in my signature is part of my main team as well, tho those 2 are forever on my teams no matter what for personal reasons and anyone who has finished v11 will know why

edit: the only 2 out of that team i ever really rotate out anymore are swampert and golurk

Damn. The one time I could sign up for betas and it's closed. 😞 Oh well. I think it's fortunate leaks haven't happened to the degree they could have until this point because that stuff can go south fast.

Part of me wants to volunteer to make the Rejuv synopsis just to make sassy protag 2.0

3 minutes ago, Commander said:

Damn. The one time I could sign up for betas and it's closed. 😞 Oh well. I think it's fortunate leaks haven't happened to the degree they could have until this point because that stuff can go south fast.

Part of me wants to volunteer to make the Rejuv synopsis just to make sassy protag 2.0

how long will the synopsis be? also its a nice precaution on the dev team so that everything remains a surprise until you play it yourself, i personally favor that bc no spoilers

5 hours ago, Izetarion said:

Well damn, there goes my hopes and dreams for being a beta tester for this game 😞

Well there like 3-4 more versions so maaaaaaaaybe beta will be back in later releases...? Hopefully. Unless someone will leak stuff again, and everyone will be screwed because of 1 idiot like right now.

29 minutes ago, Illumi said:

Well there like 3-4 more versions so maaaaaaaaybe beta will be back in later releases...? Hopefully. Unless someone will leak stuff again, and everyone will be screwed because of 1 idiot like right now.

Beta chan has blessed us with her presence bow down to her omnipotent presence

I hope this time, this version doesn't have that glitch were it had the SpriteResizer error, because that was annoying and it made me wait until Version Patch 11.3 to let me play the game.

2 hours ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

how long will the synopsis be? also its a nice precaution on the dev team so that everything remains a surprise until you play it yourself, i personally favor that bc no spoilers

There's nothing I could give you for an exact answer as it depends on whoever is writing is and whoever asks. If it were me, I'd go Bravely Default writing full passages to read for a mix of reading and amusement. It might just be generic short passages. I would say 8-10k word length is a good estimate as you don't want to be too thorough but not top unclear for people who don't touch this for months. 

4 minutes ago, Commander said:

There's nothing I could give you for an exact answer as it depends on whoever is writing is and whoever asks. If it were me, I'd go Bravely Default writing full passages to read for a mix of reading and amusement. It might just be generic short passages. I would say 8-10k word length is a good estimate as you don't want to be too thorough but not top unclear for people who don't touch this for months. 

good point 🧐 i estimate that too be 5-10 sheets of exposition and the entire story to the current arc

I hate to ask, but are alpha and beta part of V12 or potential sidegames like where love lies? After all, Jan said it himself (I vaguely remember that if where love lies was successful then he might consider making other games like that)

Edit: The reason for the sudden questions is that I wasn't on this topic when alpha and beta became a part of development

Alpha Test: a trial of machinery, software, or other products carried out by a developer before a product is made available for beta testing.

Beta Test: a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.

Essentially, both acts of testings are used to ascertain any problems that may exist in a given product.  In this case, they are being used to discover any issues that may be present within the script within the games.  Such as events working as intended in that they transition correctly, don't crash the game, or lead to any unintended circumstances.  Examples would be the Rift Garbodor bug where it has the player walk into the wall rather than confront Garbodor again, having the map become unresponsive after losing a battle, and the Pokeflute event.  They can range from a simple syntax error to forgetting a couple lines of code.  So really, they catch the most obvious bugs so that the product comes out in a state that is most put together.  Think of it like peer reviewing someone's paper to check to see that it functions well as a paper.  (These testings can also help touch up the dialogue for this as well.)

Edited by Myrrh
  • Like 1

Dave9@ I recommend you look up Acedy, who is making a side story similar to Where love lies, called The Dearest Memories. It's a five chapter game detailing the events of Meila's life from her adoption to her leaving with spaceia and Tiempa.

1 hour ago, Myrrh said:

Alpha Test: a trial of machinery, software, or other products carried out by a developer before a product is made available for beta testing.

Beta Test: a trial of machinery, software, or other products, in the final stages of its development, carried out by a party unconnected with its development.

Essentially, both acts of testings are used to ascertain any problems that may exist in a given product.  In this case, they are being used to discover any issues that may be present within the script within the games.  Such as events working as intended in that they transition correctly, don't crash the game, or lead to any unintended circumstances.  Examples would be the Rift Garbodor bug where it has the player walk into the wall rather than confront Garbodor again, having the map become unresponsive after losing a battle, and the Pokeflute event.  They can range from a simple syntax error to forgetting a couple lines of code.  So really, they catch the most obvious bugs so that the product comes out in a state that is most put together.  Think of it like peer reviewing someone's paper to check to see that it functions well as a paper.  (These testings can also help touch up the dialogue for this as well.)

that really explains alot about why alpha and beta are a thing in video games

7 hours ago, reaper. said:

well if you got like 20-25 mins to spare, you can always check the game runs people post on this forum. helped me both during v10 and v11. gonna do the same in v12

I do, I follow DerogatoryTrainer and Commander's runs when I can. DT is pretty behind though.

It's the ridiculous amount of time travel that confounds me - especially since there's a lot of time between the version releases and a whole bunch of characters.

5 hours ago, kenzie said:

I'm going to be restarting my save and using Infernape as a starter on normal difficulty once V12 comes out.  What should I do with my team? Ignore by V10 team below, just base ideas

Using an Infernape in my current run right now.

I don't have an official six Pokemon team - but some I've found to be extremely useful: Sawsbuck, Crobat, Vivillion.

Lanturn is great as we have access to slow Volt Switch.

1 hour ago, Rising Emperor said:

Dave9@ I recommend you look up Acedy, who is making a side story similar to Where love lies, called The Dearest Memories. It's a five chapter game detailing the events of Meila's life from her adoption to her leaving with spaceia and Tiempa.

where would i look up this person as just the sheer thought of such a thing has bypassed my interest and immediately has my full attention

12 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

where would i look up this person as just the sheer thought of such a thing has bypassed my interest and immediately has my full attention

in the search bar or rejuvenation tab or clicking on his profile when he next replies

10 minutes ago, eternal.irony said:

Where do you get the Beldum

you have to collect card key shards (might wanna look up how to get them) then you go to the secret shore hidden tube with a tree sticking out (look for a guide) and enter the shards then you have to capture the shadow beldum. But there is a catch to purifying it, u need to have 4 pokemon that are weak to the same type the pokemon are (ex: ghost,dragon) also put them in the purify chamber, 4 ghosts or 4 dragons, you have to be very far in the story to access all of the card key shards

Edited by Harsh Bhakta