Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

Honestly, noticing so many details that I've missed or help quests that I haven't done, I'm definitely going to start a 100% Ana playthrough when V12 releases.

1 hour ago, Acedy said:

Honestly, noticing so many details that I've missed or help quests that I haven't done, I'm definitely going to start a 100% Ana playthrough when V12 releases.

I wonder how the Ana sidequest goes when your Ana.

30 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Ana is faceless because her body isn't really alive- her real body is the nano-drive. Speaking of Ana, when we rescue her, one of the bladestar grunts mentioned flora being really scared of the "Xenpurgis"- the thing the Puppetmaster told us to beware from.

When does that happen? Also, I kind of forgotten who Flora and the Puppetmaster is. There's a crap ton of characters in the game. I forgotten almost half of them.

18 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

I wonder how the Ana sidequest goes when your Ana.

Lemme check that rn.

Edit: Nothing different in the dialog from what I could see.

37 minutes ago, ~Bella-chan~ said:

When does that happen? Also, I kind of forgotten who Flora and the Puppetmaster is. There's a crap ton of characters in the game. I forgotten almost half of them.

Okay first thing first: A.N.A actually stands for Autonomous Nanotech Amplifier, not nano drive as I previously mentioned- my bad. Secondly, Ana grandma's tells her that "your body may be large but your true form lies within the nano amplifier in your back". Lastly, the Puppetmaster is the dude that you get your psychic badge from. He lives within nightmare city where you reunite with Aelita and re-meet Zetta. He's weird and knows a lot, and seems to be on our side. Everytime someone has a nightmare in grand dream city, they go to nightmare city. Flora is a Bladestar admin/leader/second in command, the radical group mostly comprised of extremists, idiots and greedy fucks. She's the grass type gym leader and depending on if you choose to expose her or not, you fight either her or her brother, Florin, for the gym badge. She bombs Cassandra- the corrupt grand dream city mayor with ties to team Xen- in the latest version. Erin and a fuckton of innocent people- including Bladestar grunts that volunteered? Maybe?- are caught in the crossfire.

26 minutes ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

i thought u dont get to play as Ana.. am i wrong

You do get to play as her if you give a password to Amanda at the start of the game.

As someone who's been playing as A.N.A. in my main file, I can say that playing with her sprite doesn't change that storyline- at least, not yet. It's kinda funny seeing Dylan freak out when NPC!A.N.A. busts out the Nano Drive when the player just flew into the scene with the thing already active...

4 minutes ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

i thought u dont get to play as Ana.. am i wrong

Spoiler

On the intro, you can play as Ana's model in an easter egg of sorts.
When Amanda asks for a password you can enter 3 different passwords:

4567 - Skips the intro (Boat)
9494 - Shows the text "....?" and changes your character model to Ana.
1111 - Enables legacy characters.

1 hour ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

As someone who's been playing as A.N.A. in my main file, I can say that playing with her sprite doesn't change that storyline- at least, not yet. It's kinda funny seeing Dylan freak out when NPC!A.N.A. busts out the Nano Drive when the player just flew into the scene with the thing already active...

That's kinda funny.

4 minutes ago, Acedy said:
Spoiler

Hide contents

On the intro, you can play as Ana's model in an easter egg of sorts.
When Amanda asks for a password you can enter 3 different passwords:

4567 - Skips the intro (Boat)
9494 - Shows the text "....?" and changes your character model to Ana.
1111 - Enables legacy characters.

ah now it makes sense

20 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Okay first thing first: A.N.A actually stands for Autonomous Nanotech Amplifier, not nano drive as I previously mentioned- my bad. Secondly, Ana grandma's tells her that "your body may be large but your true form lies within the nano amplifier in your back". Lastly, the Puppetmaster is the dude that you get your psychic badge from. He lives within nightmare city where you reunite with Aelita and re-meet Zetta. He's weird and knows a lot, and seems to be on our side. Everytime someone has a nightmare in grand dream city, they go to nightmare city. Flora is a Bladestar admin/leader/second in command, the radical group mostly comprised of extremists, idiots and greedy fucks. She's the grass type gym leader and depending on if you choose to expose her or not, you fight either her or her brother, Florin, for the gym badge. She bombs Cassandra- the corrupt grand dream city mayor with ties to team Xen- in the latest version. Erin and a fuckton of innocent people- including Bladestar grunts that volunteered? Maybe?- are caught in the crossfire.

Oh. OH MY. I haven't even gotten that far into the game then. The first time I played this game was Version 9 (or 10?) had just came out and I only gotten to the point where you meet Aelita in the nightmare city and afterwards, Aelita started acting weird and that was when the version ends. Didn't play the game until version 11 came out so the Grand Dream City/Nightmare city story is where I stopped at. Guess a lot of crap will go down in GDC once I get there. I can't wait!

3 minutes ago, ~Bella-chan~ said:

Oh. OH MY. I haven't even gotten that far into the game then. The first time I played this game was Version 9 (or 10?) had just came out and I only gotten to the point where you meet Aelita in the nightmare city and afterwards, Aelita started acting weird and that was when the version ends. Didn't play the game until version 11 came out so the Grand Dream City/Nightmare city story is where I stopped at. Guess a lot of crap will go down in GDC once I get there. I can't wait!

you have alot of catching up to do good luck with the grinding and story, enjoy Vivian and destroyed present... whoops keep continuing the story you will find out

Edited by Harsh Bhakta
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ~Bella-chan~ said:

Well shit. Sorry for the spoilers then haha. You need a link for the latest version?

15 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Well shit. Sorry for the spoilers then haha. You need a link for the latest version?

Haha, nope! Currently playing the latest version~

31 minutes ago, ~Bella-chan~ said:

Haha, nope! Currently playing the latest version~

Good luck also in the tournament against Adam Might ,his tyranitar has a magical seed that will make it into a normal type also the battlefield is the inverse field. Tips for when you get there

Edited by Harsh Bhakta

Just now, SilverAngelus said:

Does anyone else think the mysterious black box owned by the MC's mom and unearthed by Ren/Nastasia has a mega ring inside? I'd like to hope so, assuming its content(s) was never revealed.

That'd be interesting!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilverAngelus said:

Does anyone else think the mysterious black box owned by the MC's mom and unearthed by Ren/Nastasia has a mega ring inside? I'd like to hope so, assuming its content(s) was never revealed.

probably but we dont know how or when to open it

I highly doubt that they would just give us Mega Z-Ring like that.

Anyone remembers how it was obtainable in Reborn? There needs to be a long, complicated and obnoxious quest for it, otherwise it won't be as rewarding feeling u.u

I mean, who's to say that the situation(s) leading up to opening the box won't be long, arduous, and obnoxious even if it is obtained as part of the story? It doesn't have to be optional to feel rewarding when finally obtained, and Jan's more than capable of putting us through our paces one way or another. 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 1