Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

3 minutes ago, Dave9 said:

I hate to ask, but when is the estimated date for the community release for V12?

Just when  Alpha and Beta are done, and not a moment before! Just like Reborn, I think it's better not ask because at best you won't get an answer because there isn't. 

And, for the plot points, yes, I know there are a lot of things the plot is going through without looking back at all, although I believe the vaccine thing were just a "you've been here before" kind of plot point for Melia and the MC. Like just a step in that arc. 

And where did it say that Cosmia was the one who kidnapped the guy from Kristiline town? I've read it around here but don't recall an official source

15 minutes ago, Izetarion said:

Honestly, the problem with Reborn and Rejuvenation is that it has WAY too many plot points for each version to follow. They both have a shitton of characters, which we barely remember half of, and if you don't do the sidestories, you tend to miss out on key information to the story as a whole. I like the fact that everything's interconnected, but as a whole... it's VERY easy to get lost.

The constant mystery dragging doesn't help either. Let's hope we don't get lost. Ehhh? ehh? 

12 minutes ago, kithas said:

Just when  Alpha and Beta are done, and not a moment before! Just like Reborn, I think it's better not ask because at best you won't get an answer because there isn't. 

And, for the plot points, yes, I know there are a lot of things the plot is going through without looking back at all, although I believe the vaccine thing were just a "you've been here before" kind of plot point for Melia and the MC. Like just a step in that arc. 

And where did it say that Cosmia was the one who kidnapped the guy from Kristiline town? I've read it around here but don't recall an official source

It's during a sidequest in Kristiline town, the one from the help center about the Quiz.

Just now, Izetarion said:

Wait, did we ever get Z-Moves in the latest Rejuvenation version or is that just Reborn?

Just reborn.

6 minutes ago, kithas said:

5 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

It's during a sidequest in Kristiline town, the one from the help center about the Quiz.

Yep. Cosmia literally just teleports in there, says "no." And kidnaps the dude, leaving behind his bewildered sister and us.

25 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Like i said, this game has a crapton of plot points, that we don't focus on the more important ones. Like this game really needs to either focus on the important ones, or cut down some plot points. Hell, we still haven't dealt with the Vaccines yet.

I concur, with so much going on it gets pretty hectic keeping up with everything. 

9 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Oh, I didn't remember it then.

What I think we shouldn't have forgotten is how the gang "signed up" for the Tournament even when the last place was taken before they were in (said by Risa Raider and confirmed by the receptionist, I think) and without the apparently extensive interview needed. And I know the blame is probably going to fall into the imposters, but the logistical/administrative part of the work is still fishy.

And both Reborn and Rejuv have implemented Megas and Z-moves (Namely, that nasty Extreme Eevoboost + Baton Pass in the Tournament) but not gieven them to the player

Wait, that was Cosmia? I thought that was Crescent? It seemed like the thing she would do. Especially when it deals with Madame X's origins and the like, which she believes the player shouldn't find out just yet. Also it's weird how the quiz guy, of all people, would know something THAT important - especially without neither Crescent, Spacea, or Tiempa knowing about it, considering how the three of them function.

Wait, that was Cosmia? I thought that was Crescent? It seemed like the thing she would do. Especially when it deals with Madame X's origins and the like, which she believes the player shouldn't find out just yet. Also it's weird how the quiz guy, of all people, would know something THAT important - especially without neither Crescent, Spacea, or Tiempa knowing about it, considering how the three of them function.

I get the feeling all three of them know, but won't tell us because the plot has to have suspense. 

1 minute ago, Magus543 said:

I get the feeling all three of them know, but won't tell us because the plot has to have suspense. 

I'd say Spacea and Tiempa because they're both three looking for the same thing (stopping Storm-9 from happening again) while Crescent because she wants us out of the plot and won't help us to keep with it.

5 minutes ago, Izetarion said:

That was indeed Cosmia, but Cosmia is allied with cresent so its pretty much the same thing. Also, a thought- why didnt madame x herself stopped quiz dude from telling us?  Was she not watching us at the time?

1 minute ago, nhehvnukl said:

That was indeed Cosmia, but Cosmia is allied with cresent so its pretty much the same thing. Also, a thought- why didnt madame x herself stopped quiz dude from telling us?  Was she not watching us at the time?

Wait, Cosmia's allied with Crescent? Since when???

1 minute ago, Izetarion said:

Also there's that thing with Dylan and Ana that's currently unresolved. I have a feeling that's also important to the story, going by context.

Interestingly, near the house where we broke down, there is a grave dedicated to Ana who was a friend who died.

Just now, Magus543 said:

Interestingly, near the house where we broke down, there is a grave dedicated to Ana who was a friend who died.

That would explain the current Ana's memories and her status as a cyborg/android thing, and why she seems so familiar with us. 

Also there's that thing with Dylan and Ana that's currently unresolved. I have a feeling that's also important to the story, going by context.

Apparently that has been delayed due to time constraint (even though this is much more important then Narcisia's sidequest, lets be real). We should get this now.

2 minutes ago, Izetarion said:

Wait, Cosmia's allied with Crescent? Since when???

Since Cosmia is luring people to Lorna, this is only a natural assumption. It was never explicitly stated though.

1 minute ago, Izetarion said:

That would explain the current Ana's memories and her status as a cyborg/android thing, and why she seems so familiar with us. 

Wait, I thought ANA was from a far future that didn't have pokémon anymore, what am I missing?

Just now, kithas said:

Wait, I thought ANA was from a far future that didn't have pokémon anymore, what am I missing?

Ana is a possible interceptor (if we put a certain password when Amaria asks for one at the start of the game we can play as her) and we have her grave near the house that we broke down in (where Ren fought Xurkitree dude). Her memories also imply a post apocalyptic future or something like that, yes.

6 minutes ago, Acedy said:

Wait I just thought about something. Could the Amanda that Melia sees at the end of V11 be Comet/Cosmia? 

It's possible, but why would Cosmia do that? It's not like anyone knows how Cosmia actually looks. Jan (in game) mentioned that Amaria isn't answering his calls and has been making some questionable decisions, so its probably real Amaria thats gone bonkers from the pressure because being a manager to league that is crumbling before her eyes is pretty stressful tbh.

4 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

It's possible, but why would Cosmia do that? It's not like anyone knows how Cosmia actually looks.

Exactly. Which is shy she chose such a weird encounter. It makes both the player and Melia wonder why the hell would Amanda be acting that way, while both concealing and hinting her true identity. 

2 minutes ago, Acedy said:

Exactly. Which is shy she chose such a weird encounter. It makes both the player and Melia wonder why the hell would Amanda be acting that way, while both concealing and hinting her true identity. 

Edited my comment, so check that out for my anwser

14 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Ana is a possible interceptor (if we put a certain password when Amaria asks for one at the start of the game we can play as her) and we have her grave near the house that we broke down in (where Ren fought Xurkitree dude). Her memories also imply a post apocalyptic future or something like that, yes.

Does anyone have the code or is that removed? Love to play as her if this is true.