Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

11 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

Yeah, i got nothing. I really dont think Amaria is Cosmia but I dont have an explanation to her actions either... 

technically melia was supposed to become the gym leader when the MC started but goldenwood incident and amethyst cave made Amaria sure that Melia died(probably assumed, not confirmed) so now she is pissed because Melia was alive this whole time and has to find a position that was promised to her(its a theory) and got as mad as a primeape. Thus the ominous statement that is "you should have stayed dead" why that too is a guess

also is it Amaria or Amanda cuz she is called Amanda the moment we start a new game so.... the wiki needs to be updated

Edited by Harsh Bhakta

Amaria is Reborn's Water-type leader. Amanda is Rejuvenation's. And I think (or half want to think) its more than "I'm angry about you ghosting on me for the Gym Leader role" because the Grand Tournament was a very unexpected event that involved Erin & Melia very suddenly and strangely. Then, they had to come and go, found Alice & Allen, and Melia noticed her pass pass had been stolen while the Bladestar bomb thing was happening. And Then's when she met Amanda just as she was going to enter. It seems fishy to me, at least.

2 minutes ago, kithas said:

Amaria is Reborn's Water-type leader. Amanda is Rejuvenation's. And I think (or half want to think) its more than "I'm angry about you ghosting on me for the Gym Leader role" because the Grand Tournament was a very unexpected event that involved Erin & Melia very suddenly and strangely. Then, they had to come and go, found Alice & Allen, and Melia noticed her pass pass had been stolen while the Bladestar bomb thing was happening. And Then's when she met Amanda just as she was going to enter. It seems fishy to me, at least.

i was right can someone update the rejuvenation wiki because it is quite confused

13 minutes ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

technically melia was supposed to become the gym leader when the MC started but goldenwood incident and amethyst cave made Amaria sure that Melia died(probably assumed, not confirmed) so now she is pissed because Melia was alive this whole time and has to find a position that was promised to her(its a theory) and got as mad as a primeape. Thus the ominous statement that is "you should have stayed dead" why that too is a guess

also is it Amaria or Amanda cuz she is called Amanda the moment we start a new game so.... the wiki needs to be updated

Yeah, that makes sense. Kinda ironic that her stealing melia's ticket saved her in the end lol.

17 minutes ago, kithas said:

^ maybe I've misinterpreted the situation but Amanda seemed way more upset than that. 

43 minutes ago, Acedy said:

^ maybe I've misinterpreted the situation but Amanda seemed way more upset than that. 

Yeah, I think she's up to something, because the situation Melia found her wasn't clear at all.

3 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Like i said, this game has a crapton of plot points, that we don't focus on the more important ones. Like this game really needs to either focus on the important ones, or cut down some plot points. Hell, we still haven't dealt with the Vaccines yet.

We didn't get the vaccines because of Cosmos and Comet and Cosmos wrote the letter to Talon to meet at the park and then he got petrified.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, KingDyjor said:

I'd like to know what Angie's doing, I love this character.

She's planning something with her rift Regice. You can also meet Cara in one of the buildings in gdc. She basically says "soon." then leaves. Also, anyone has any idea how Anju and Indriad fused into Angie? Maybe its related to Maria? Anju was imprisoned in Indriad's mansion, after all.

2 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

She's planning something with her rift Regice. You can also meet Cara in one of the buildings in gdc. She basically says "soon." then leaves. Also, anyone has any idea how Anju and Indriad fused into Angie? Maybe its related to Maria? Anju was imprisoned in Indriad's mansion, after all.

I think when Sirius died in Wispy Tower's fire, he possessed Anjou and eventually fused their souls, because Angie didn't recognize Melia. But, at the same time, neither did Venam when seeing Maria or Marianette, so...

1 hour ago, kithas said:

I think when Sirius died in Wispy Tower's fire, he possessed Anjou and eventually fused their souls, because Angie didn't recognize Melia. But, at the same time, neither did Venam when seeing Maria or Marianette, so...

"I think when Sirius died in Wispy Tower's fire, he possessed Anjou and eventually fused their souls, because Angie didn't recognize Melia" That's possible. Assuming that's true and considering the fact the the fire was an attempt to kill Nora... That moment when you try to kill a kid and accidentally kill Satan.

"But, at the same time, neither did Venam when seeing Maria or Marianette, so..." Maybe they look different physically? 

Speaking of Sirius, anyone knows why he's was called Vitus and not Indriad?

3 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

"I think when Sirius died in Wispy Tower's fire, he possessed Anjou and eventually fused their souls, because Angie didn't recognize Melia" That's possible. Assuming that's true and considering the fact the the fire was an attempt to kill Nora... That moment when you try to kill a kid and accidentally kill Satan.

"But, at the same time, neither did Venam when seeing Maria or Marianette, so..." Maybe they look different physically? 

They do look differently like a person looks differently with different stages of life. Idk, with the sprites we got (at least from Marianette and Melia's battles, if one doesn't want to count the mini-sprites) they should at least look alike. But, well, then it would be too on the nose, wouldn't it?

18 minutes ago, kithas said:

They do look differently like a person looks differently with different stages of life. Idk, with the sprites we got (at least from Marianette and Melia's battles, if one doesn't want to count the mini-sprites) they should at least look alike. But, well, then it would be too on the nose, wouldn't it?

or Melia is an oddity born from doing a garufan ritual done by Indriad. Marianette also posseses strange power so all we need is confirmation from Jan about Melia and Maria

because Maria was alive for moew than half a century so we dont know, either she is an illusion for something else......

Edited by Harsh Bhakta

1 minute ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

or Melia is an oddity born from doing a garufan ritual done by Indriad. Marianette also posseses strange power so all we need is confirmation from Jan about Melia and Maria

I think Maria is the daughter of Indriad and Anathea, be it the prologue version in the house from Sashila, or the Flashback/Timetravel version where they are just next to Kugearen (in what is in the present the Chrisolia Hotel). Then we got Marianette who grew with her father and we encounter at the end of the prologue, or in the mansion in the sewers. From the flashback/the House in the cliff I think its safe to think it all happened before the calamity, and then we got Melia, who shares Marianette's appearance and type preference and was given to Jenner by team Xen, whose leader we know can time-travel.

My point is, yeah, she could be a reincarnation, an actual version of Maria, her alternate dimension counterpart, or whatever. But she looks like Marianette and Maria, and nobody except the player (? seems to be aware of this.

1 hour ago, kithas said:

trainer009.png.95400b8eae1f739076f7ed530a333d85.png

Pre time skip Melia's battle sprite

trback009.png.38760815793a7904a11b5cab70d2810b.png

Back sprite of pre time skip Melia

trainer134.png.f2ece80e43c91172cabbf83a4bb1948b.png

Maria's battle sprite

They look familiar, sure, but the hair is colored differently and their clothes are completely different. I can see Venam not really noticing the similarities, considering that she and Maria spended like 5 minutes together.

14 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

trainer009.png.95400b8eae1f739076f7ed530a333d85.png

Pre time skip Melia's battle sprite

trback009.png.38760815793a7904a11b5cab70d2810b.png

Back sprite of pre time skip Melia

trainer134.png.f2ece80e43c91172cabbf83a4bb1948b.png

Maria's battle sprite

They look familiar, sure, but the hair is colored differently and their clothes are completely different. I can see Venam not really noticing the similarities, considering that she and Maria spended like 5 minutes together.

Wasn't she best friends with her, along with Ren? at least that's what I got from the gym leader application video. But after Blacksteeple (And Melia was no longer death and Forgotten) both Venam, and the MC saw Melia/Maria in Theolia's tower. And then she saw Melia again at the same time she saw María. But like I said, It has to be for not rubbing it too much that they're so similar.

1 hour ago, kithas said:

Wasn't she best friends with her, along with Ren? at least that's what I got from the gym leader application video. But after Blacksteeple both Venam, and the MC saw Melia/Maria in Theolia's tower. And then she saw Melia again at the same time she saw María. But like I said, It has to be for not rubbing it too much that they're so similar.

"But after Blacksteeple both Venam, and the MC saw Melia/Maria in Theolia's tower." Its possible that Venam just didn't notice it. It was just a split second, after all.

19 minutes ago, kithas said:

Wasn't she best friends with her, along with Ren? at least that's what I got from the gym leader application video. But after Blacksteeple (And Melia was no longer death and Forgotten) both Venam, and the MC saw Melia/Maria in Theolia's tower. And then she saw Melia again at the same time she saw María. But like I said, It has to be for not rubbing it too much that they're so similar.

She is, that's literally what my game is about lmao. 

4 hours ago, Izetarion said:

Also, why is Ana faceless?

I honestly don't know why. I'm using her sprite and that's the only thing that really annoys me. It's super creepy and the only time she actually has eyes is when you, Melia and Venam travel to the past and change clothes. The only difference is that she gets her eyes back and that's it. I'm kind of disappointed that she doesn't have different clothes or anything. I never even gotten to see what her actual eyes look like because once I went back into the present, her eyes disappeared again. It makes me want to go back to the pink haired girl with the white clothes. I loved her design and she looked even cuter once she changed appearance in the past. There might be a reason why she's faceless but I don't really remember. I only picked her because I thought 9494 was the password to skip the cruise dialogue and once I saw the weird sprite, I started liking it because her clothes and stance looks kind of adorable.

Also, does anyone know how to change your sprite? I heard there's a place in the game where you can but I don't know where.

29 minutes ago, ~Bella-chan~ said:

I honestly don't know why. I'm using her sprite and that's the only thing that really annoys me. It's super creepy and the only time she actually has eyes is when you, Melia and Venam travel to the past and change clothes. The only difference is that she gets her eyes back and that's it. I'm kind of disappointed that she doesn't have different clothes or anything. I never even gotten to see what her actual eyes look like because once I went back into the present, her eyes disappeared again. It makes me want to go back to the pink haired girl with the white clothes. I loved her design and she looked even cuter once she changed appearance in the past. There might be a reason why she's faceless but I don't really remember. I only picked her because I thought 9494 was the password to skip the cruise dialogue and once I saw the weird sprite, I started liking it because her clothes and stance looks kind of adorable.

Also, does anyone know how to change your sprite? I heard there's a place in the game where you can but I don't know where.

There is also a version of Ana with sunglasses if you prefer, another thing that I just noticed is that when you play Ana her fishing, surfing, and bike animations are all titled 'drives', cool little touch.

BgirlFishingDrive.png

BgirlAerialDrive.png

BgirlAquaDrive - Copy.png

1 hour ago, ~Bella-chan~ said:

Ana is faceless because her body isn't really alive- her real body is the nano-drive. Speaking of Ana, when we rescue her, one of the bladestar grunts mentioned flora being really scared of the "Xenpurgis"- the thing the Puppetmaster told us to beware from.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ~Bella-chan~ said:

Axis high section of GDC, npc south of the fountain 

• Thanks 1