Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

5 minutes ago, inktalegaster said:

also missing children quest[sorry havent quoted before]

The missing children quest is ended as for now (it goes to GDC in its final stage) 

And the parks and rec quest I think will be a new quest in. V12, even if the plot had already started. 

Edit: for the Legacy Sprites I think you have to enter 1111 in the password option when Amanda asks you, but I haven't checked it out myself. 

So, after the Alpha is finished, will there be a progress bar for the Beta? Sorry, I never looked at how the progression of the versions were made. 😥

I'm so hyped for the new episode ! Very good job, Rejuvenation creative team !

Cursed be those spoiling swine! Wait, V11 was spoiled ahead of time? I don't remember that happening... 🤔 That is a valid reason to close things down a bit, though- since Rejuv. is one of the few games I have any shot at playing within close proximity to its release, I'd rather not be spoiled on it either.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Hey guys!

With Alpha testing practically complete outside of a few bug fixes, we're moving on to the beta stage very soon. As some people have been asking -- will the beta have signups again? Will beta-chan return?

Unfortunately, the answer to this is no. 

To be as transparent with you guys as we can, our reasoning for this is that during the beta for V11, the update's contents was leaked before release, likely due to one of the beta testers having sent either the game or spoilers to an external group of people. As we were not able to completely pin down who the person was who leaked information, we had to cut down on a lot of testers and stick to a smaller group of people who we know are trustworthy. Our apologies go out to those who have been taken off the beta testing list -- but we want to keep the update's content a surprise for everyone and therefore don't want to risk people spoiling it for others as a result.

On a more positive note however! Since alpha testing was pretty smooth sailing, ẉ̴͖ͅḛ͚͖̳̬͈ ̺̲͍̱͓̜͓h̢͔͕͓ơ̘p͕̗͡ę̹̘̙̪̭̼̻ ̧̰̪t̖̝̲̥̩̩̞h̪̺̗̥̟̤͢e̡͕ ̤͉̹̲͠be̛̩̯t͕̣̭͎͟a̘͓̙̻ ͇͚̹w͔̙̣̼̭̣̣i̴̦̰ͅl̺l̴-- *ZRRRRRRRRRRRT* g̜̲̬o̥̭̳͚̩̗̰͠ ̣̥j̼̞̟̰̻us̞̖̠͓͙͎͎͜t̳̻̠̠͕̲̞ ̶̻̦̬̺͉̭̰ą̗̪̤̘̝s̛̟ ͙̝̪ͅs̫̥ṃ̤̹̣͖̭͚ọ̶̤̭̻̭̹̘o͕̲̦̫͘t̛̤͕͙h͓͖̻͓l͔̘̘̟y̛͇̺͚ -- and hopefully we'll get the game out to you people very soon! 

Look forward to it 👈😎👈

Oh boy! Well since testing was a smooth sailing I gue__ th_#t i&$ c@@@@@---------

Error on pbSettings. 

Before the new release, is there a quick summary of the events hence sofar somewhere? I realize the game is really big at this point, but I'm sure I'm not the only one having a hard time keeping track of the story so far.

16 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Before the new release, is there a quick summary of the events hence sofar somewhere? I realize the game is really big at this point, but I'm sure I'm not the only one having a hard time keeping track of the story so far.

I can sum it up like this. You and your mom decide to move to west gearen but the ship was attacked and she was kidnapped then you head to the gearen lab and find the prof's daughter melia, then things gets worse and worse when ren betrays you and venam is petrified while aelita was cursed then the events with vivian happens world gets destroyed because u stop vivan and navigate through the destroyed present then you go back in time fuse with your past selves and merge with them then u allow vivian to sacrifice herself but is stopped by Indriads gardevoir and u continue story until you are dragged back in the past before calamity and deal with that story and defeat the gardevoir then you enter a tournament where it stops in the current version. its basically a plot summary so characters and the rest is cut out

Edited by Harsh Bhakta
  • Haha 1

I just came back at that time of year again. Where the Alpha testing phase has started, and people are gonna annoy Jan with cries of "Where's the next version, you hack?" (Bit of an exaggeration, but at the same time, kinda true.)

The discussion heats up. With people wondering what direction the plot will go into, hopefully not doing the whole Power of Friendship thing like in V10? That's a plot device I would never use in my own writing. I'm just hoping a lot of the dialogue gets a rewrite. And that we have a way to access the legacy sprites at the beginning of the game.

The new version looks great, as far as I can tell. I can wait. And hope for a proper debug mode.

My return to this thread was perfectly timed.

Well I did ask for a quick summary so that's on me...

But to be fair, when you're an occasional player who only plays when a new version is released and very occasionally start a new save file for certain reasons, it's hard to keep track of what's going on. Character motivations are lost on me and I've found myself asking "wait, who is this again?" several times.

7 minutes ago, RedAlert said:

Well I did ask for a quick summary so that's on me...

But to be fair, when you're an occasional player who only plays when a new version is released and very occasionally start a new save file for certain reasons, it's hard to keep track of what's going on. Character motivations are lost on me and I've found myself asking "wait, who is this again?" several times.

they are going to have to play it from the beginning otherwise we would be here all day. I understand to see what has changed from the previous version but there is so much main story and i dont wanna type for that long, as well as sidequests

Unless many people split the story and explain it to new players

Edited by Harsh Bhakta

3 minutes ago, Harsh Bhakta said:

they are going to have to play it from the beginning otherwise we would be here all day. I understand to see what has changed from the previous version but there is so much main story and i dont wanna type for that long, as well as sidequests

Not your job to explain it to me, but it'd still be nice to have for the multitudes of returning players

2 minutes ago, Jan said:

Won't be in V12, but I have plans for a sort of "journal" that keeps track of information for you so that you don't have to remember every single detail to get what's going on! 

Swell

Even the simple Platinum-esque journal entries should suffice unless you already have an idea in mind

4 minutes ago, Jan said:

Won't be in V12, but I have plans for a sort of "journal" that keeps track of information for you so that you don't have to remember every single detail to get what's going on! 

A journal function? That'd be a handy backup resource for when/if I get around to doing my planned written run! It does seem like it'd take a fair bit of effort to actually implement, though- between that and V12 adding all the sidequests you weren't able to get into V11, it's no surprise that it's being pushed back a bit.

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

Hey guys!

With Alpha testing practically complete outside of a few bug fixes, we're moving on to the beta stage very soon. As some people have been asking -- will the beta have signups again? Will beta-chan return?

To be as transparent with you guys as we can, our reasoning for this is that during the beta for V11, the update's contents was leaked before release, likely due to one of the beta testers having sent either the game or spoilers to an external group of people. As we were not able to completely pin down who the person was who leaked information, we had to cut down on a lot of testers and stick to a smaller group of people who we know are trustworthy. Our apologies go out to those who have been taken off the beta testing list -- but we want to keep the update's content a surprise for everyone and therefore don't want to risk people spoiling it for others as a result.

On a more positive note however! Since alpha testing was pretty smooth sailing, ẉ̴͖ͅḛ͚͖̳̬͈ ̺̲͍̱͓̜͓h̢͔͕͓ơ̘p͕̗͡ę̹̘̙̪̭̼̻ ̧̰̪t̖̝̲̥̩̩̞h̪̺̗̥̟̤͢e̡͕ ̤͉̹̲͠be̛̩̯t͕̣̭͎͟a̘͓̙̻ ͇͚̹w͔̙̣̼̭̣̣i̴̦̰ͅl̺l̴-- *ZRRRRRRRRRRRT* g̜̲̬o̥̭̳͚̩̗̰͠ ̣̥j̼̞̟̰̻us̞̖̠͓͙͎͎͜t̳̻̠̠͕̲̞ ̶̻̦̬̺͉̭̰ą̗̪̤̘̝s̛̟ ͙̝̪ͅs̫̥ṃ̤̹̣͖̭͚ọ̶̤̭̻̭̹̘o͕̲̦̫͘t̛̤͕͙h͓͖̻͓l͔̘̘̟y̛͇̺͚ -- and hopefully we'll get the game out to you people very soon! 

Look forward to it 👈😎👈

Well damn, there goes my hopes and dreams for being a beta tester for this game 😞

1 hour ago, Zumi said:

Hey guys!

Look forward to it 👈😎👈

ah man that sucks, i really enjoyed beta testing for you guys

23 minutes ago, Jan said:

I remember Morrowind too! That was one of the best parts!

Oh wait...

Do anything but Morrowind's journal system.