Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

9 minutes ago, Cerulean Azure Brawler said:

Yes also I think there's a connection between the MC and Nymeria

MC is possibly the reincarnation of Adrest who is likely Nymeria's dead son.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cerulean Azure Brawler said:

Yes also I think there's a connection between the MC and Nymeria

So, either Nim is Nymiera's Aelita, or she will get to know the MC as Adrest some time before going back in time. 

And I think it's interesting the Gym Leaders thing, even with Venam's episode (Lorna refused to go after Lavender before or after talking with her). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kithas said:

So, either Nim is Nymiera's Aelita, or she will get to know the MC as Adrest some time before going back in time. 

And I think it's interesting the Gym Leaders thing, even with Venam's episode (Lorna refused to go after Lavender before or after talking with her). 

"(Lorna refused to go after Lavender before or after talking with her)" What do you mean by that?

6 minutes ago, Aiko said:

MC is possibly the reincarnation of Adrest who is likely Nymeria's dead son.

I think it's more of friends than son, like Nymeria's reaction to recognizing us is more of a friendship feeling than familial to me at least. Let's not do another Zinnia is Aster's mom fiasco. Plus the only one who has mommy speculation is Crescent.

1 minute ago, Magus543 said:

I think it's more of friends than son, like Nymeria's reaction to recognizing us is more of a friendship feeling than familial to me at least. Let's not do another Zinnia is Aster's mom fiasco. Plus the only one who has mommy speculation is Crescent.

I have no mommy speculation for Crescent after the pool scene in v11. Bc if Crescent is MCs mother, well... There is a lot to answer to there. There seems to be a lot of emphasis on friends in this story, all these characters speaking of friendship and friends. That was kind of why I thought Crescent and MC were friends themselves once.

To me the reason I say Adrest is the son is because why would the detail of the son, the knight, be mentioned otherwise as significant by her? There are very few throwaway details in Rejuv. Nymeria doesn't even make a note of Adrest by name until after the story gets told. Idk I'm just speculating though.

9 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

"(Lorna refused to go after Lavender before or after talking with her)" What do you mean by that?

I don't have a transcript of the scene at hand, but I recall Lorna initially going after Lavender the night Venam decided to follow her. Lorna appeared, a pursuit ensued around the sewers, and at the end, Lorna ended up forgetting about Lavender and chatting with Venam, while Lavender ended up being found hours later, suffering from an asthma attack, not far from there. 

So if we go with the theory that Lorna is after the gym leaders, she failed to go after an easy target even after dealing with Venam. Unless she or Crescent have something personal against Melia, in which case Lavender would be needed as the only one who could relay Venam's confession to her.

1 hour ago, kithas said:

I don't have a transcript of the scene at hand, but I recall Lorna initially going after Lavender the night Venam decided to follow her. Lorna appeared, a pursuit ensued around the sewers, and at the end, Lorna ended up forgetting about Lavender and chatting with Venam, while Lavender ended up being found hours later, suffering from an asthma attack, not far from there. 

So if we go with the theory that Lorna is after the gym leaders, she failed to go after an easy target even after dealing with Venam. Unless she or Crescent have something personal against Melia, in which case Lavender would be needed as the only one who could relay Venam's confession to her.

"Lorna ended up forgetting about Lavender" Oh, she remembered lavender. She just decided to let her go so that she could warn Melia.

"Unless she or Crescent have something personal against Melia" Melia is actually supposed to be the normal type gym leader. I'm pretty sure a NPC said that there's no current normal type gym leader too, so it could just be that. Maria gym battle was also, according to the real Jan (I have no source on this so it could be wrong), illegal so were not supposed to have the normal type gym badge too.

1 minute ago, nhehvnukl said:

"Lorna ended up forgetting about Lavender" Oh, she remembered lavender. she just decided to let her go so that she could warn Melia.

"Unless she or Crescent have something personal against Melia" Melia is actually supposed to be the normal type gym leader. I'm pretty sure a NPC said that there's no current normal type gym leader too, so it could just be that. Maria gym battle was, according to the real Jan (I have no source on this so it could be wrong), illegal so were not supposed to have the normal type gym badge too.

I meant wanting her to suffer for some reason as a personal thing about her, or else she would just made a statue out of her and not Venam. And I would consider at least funny Marianette's battle, as she's actually a Gym leader, just not from our dimension, and she's (maybe?) even the same person we know would have been the Normal-type leader in our Aevium. 

6 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

"Unless she or Crescent have something personal against Melia" Melia is actually supposed to be the normal type I'm pretty sure a NPC said that there's no current normal type gym leader too, so it could just be that. Maria gym battle was, according to the real Jan (I have no source on this so it could be wrong), illegal so were not supposed to have the normal type gym badge too.

At least one version has Melia say the normal gym leader passed recently. And technically we shouldn't have keta's bc he died before we got it, though we got it from his ghost. Idk how we get to be champion at this point  or Lavender's bc she's hospitalized and it's stolen for us.

1 hour ago, kithas said:

I meant wanting her to suffer for some reason as a personal thing about her, or else she would just made a statue out of her and not Venam. And I would consider at least funny Marianette's battle, as she's actually a Gym leader, just not from our dimension, and she's (maybe?) even the same person we know would have been the Normal-type leader in our Aevium. 

"and she's (maybe?) even the same person we know would have been the Normal-type leader in our Aevium." when Angie attempted to sacrifice Melia, Melia said that the feeling is familiar and we saw her turn into maria for a split second, so its pretty much confirmed that she's some alternate form of maria.

1 hour ago, Aiko said:

At least one version has Melia say the normal gym leader passed recently. And technically we shouldn't have keta's bc he died before we got it, though we got it from his ghost. Idk how we get to be champion at this point  or Lavender's bc she's hospitalized and it's stolen for us.

We also only have the flying type badge thanks to Tiempa and Spacea, as Talon was stoned too.

Still, Marianette, Melia and Maria (and Melanie?) relationship is still not clear at all. 

And yes, between Keta's ghost, Marianette, Angie (in place of Kreiss), Eric (he was legal but a substitue of a substitute), Puppet Master and Souta, half of our badges are pretty irregular, if borderline illegal. And we know there's not Dark-type gym leader since Amber's father in Where Love Lies, so it's going to be more.

Come to think of it, i wanna see how the League guards react to our badges. Or i want a joke that the league is so disorganized and no one even knows who the Champion is, that we are LITERALLY the first and only challenger. 

• Like 2

Sooooo does anyone remember Cosmia and Comet? The two people that copied ours and Nancy's appearance to lure people into Lorna? Well it turns out that that Cosmia is the person that kidnapped the random ass dude in Kristilline town that knew Madame X identity and was about to tell us. In other words, it seems that crescent doesn't want us to know madame x identity for some reason. Food for thought.

I'm still amazed at how awkwardly handled the imposter plot point was handled. It should be priority number 1, someone is sullying our good name, and insulting the memory of our dead mom by impersonating her. Instead we just stand there and not attempt to stop the frauds, and forget about them for like 2 versions.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

I'm still amazed at how awkwardly handled the imposter plot point was handled. It should be priority number 1, someone is sullying our good name, and insulting the memory of our dead mom by impersonating her. Instead we just stand there and not attempt to stop the frauds, and forget about them for like 2 versions.

Not only that, but it's the best clue on what's happening to petrified people in GDC, which was the issue that made us got in there in the first place.

Edit: and, hey, I don't know when did it change, but α it's at 85%! Yay!

11 minutes ago, kithas said:

Not only that, but it's the best clue on what's happening to petrified people in GDC, which was the issue that made us got in there in the first place.

Edit: and, hey, I don't know when did it change, but α it's at 85%! Yay!

It was changed a couple of hours ago, but lets not talk about percentage increases okay? Zumi asked us to stop as it bloats the discussion

15 minutes ago, kithas said:

Like i said, this game has a crapton of plot points, that we don't focus on the more important ones. Like this game really needs to either focus on the important ones, or cut down some plot points. Hell, we still haven't dealt with the Vaccines yet.

Edited by Magus543

Honestly, the problem with Reborn and Rejuvenation is that it has WAY too many plot points for each version to follow. They both have a shitton of characters, which we barely remember half of, and if you don't do the sidestories, you tend to miss out on key information to the story as a whole. I like the fact that everything's interconnected, but as a whole... it's VERY easy to get lost.