Dev Blog | V12 Status Thread

Jan

27 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

if Team Xen could recreate Cipher's Shadow Pokemon, i don't see why Bladestar couldn't too.

1) Team Xen shows that it takes a lot of time and research to actually create Shadow Pokemon.  Remember, they have a hard time mass producing them.

2) If it was so easy to recreate Shadow Pokemon from scratch, then Nastasia would not have needed to have gone to the Backup Lab with Ren to fetch the research and data related to Shadow Pokemon.

3) Rift Pokemon are a lot easier to create and she had already stolen the only thing needed to make them.

4) As I said in one of my previous posts, Flora likely had not found anything on Shadow Pokemon in the lab she had raided for the reasons I had previously stated.

She also is an extremist who does crazy acts of terror to accomplish her goals.  She's crazy, which is why the game tries to use her love of Pokemon as an attempt to humanize her.

15 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

I actually love discussing lore, thanks for chatting.

Likewise on this for me.

Edited by Myrrh

16 minutes ago, Myrrh said:

1) Team Xen shows that it takes a lot of time and research to actually create Shadow Pokemon.  Remember, they have a hard time mass producing them.

2) If it was so easy to recreate Shadow Pokemon from scratch, then Nastasia would not have needed to have gone to the Backup Lab with Ren to fetch the research and data related to Shadow Pokemon.

3) Rift Pokemon are a lot easier to create and she had already stolen the only thing needed to make them.

4) As I said in one of my previous posts, Flora likely had not found anything on Shadow Pokemon in the lab she had raided for the reasons I had previously stated.

She also is an extremist who does crazy acts of terror to accomplish her goals.  She's crazy, which is why the game tries to use her love of Pokemon as an attempt to humanize her.

Likewise on this for me.

Man, who knew. This is new for me but it refreshed what i knew about Team Xen. Thanks @Myrrh

Okay let's continue, 

25 minutes ago, Myrrh said:

Likewise on this for me.

Yeah it takes a lot of time to mass produce, but having like 2 or 3 shadow pokemon on Team Bladestar wouldn't be so costly, i mean let's remember Team Xen grunts themselves didn't have much Shadow Pokemon themselves. My point about Team Bladestar being able to replicate Shadow Pokemon isn't about the ease, it's about the available data, the Meowth Team Xen Grunt mentions that they were able to recreate the lost Shadow Pokemon of Cipher or something to that effect, so they must have acquired the data from an outside source, something Bladestar would want to do, hell their underground lair in GDC is based on the Under at least according to Dylan so they are clearly aware of the events in Orre so it's not a stretch to assume they are at least aware of Shadow Pokemon and the process, and could easily obtain information from former Cipher members like Lovrina. Jail? What's that? Either way, assuming Team Xen does return eventually, i can see Shadow Pokemon, of course Jan has a BURNING HATRED of Magikarp so we won't see any cooler hardcore mons like Shadow Gyrados or Shadow Hydreigon. More stuff like Shadow Dedenne or Shadow Bruxish.

I will say this for Flora, she has a couple of Pet the Dog moments, like planting those color trees(relatively minor all things considered) helped save and supports Alexandra's tribe(more substantial) It's too bad, it's off camera. 

2 hours ago, Myrrh said:

In earlier versions of Rejuvenation, Zetta had a Shadow Froakie.

there were also a few other shadow pokemon we couldnt snag back around the goldenleaf invasion arc shortly after the 3rd badge that im not sure if we ever got a chance to snag them again (never went and tried) tho it mighta been changed in v11 i cant remember its been a while since i was at that point in the plot

So while others are anxious about when V12 is going to come out. I have taken the liberty of making a custom wallpaper in preparation for this upcoming version. I might as well try to grind up Achievement Points (AP) so that I can get the Golden items to reduce the reliance of HMs. So this might be both a tease for what's to come as well as a comparison drawing of a bygone mechanic.

V12 Wall.png

Well, she clearly want(ed?) the MC safe and away from the plot. I want to see her in relation to Melia, who more or less sees her as a good person (at least someone on the right by not playing by Stormschasers' rules) but doesn't know she's the one to blame for what happened to Venam. 

My theory with Crescent is she's trying to prevent us from being involved with fixing this or getting hurt. It's possible that we were in her past which leads to her being taken in by Spaces and Tiempa. A desperate situation and all of that. But Crescent never let it go and turned rogue, as rogue as she ever could be.

@kithas same here. I feel like she wants/needs mc and Melia to see her in a positive light.

7 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

Well in Crescent's minuscule defense, she PROBABLY didn't intend for Lorna to petrify Venam, then again, Crescent did tamper with Lorna's memories sooooo.

Considering Lorna's specific memories are only our character went up to save her, it's likely she did intend for Venam and Melia to at least be hurt.

I love Nim. Still pretty sure she's Nymeria though.

Just now, Aiko said:

Considering Lorna's specific memories are only our character went up to save her, it's likely she did intend for Venam and Melia to at least be hurt.

I think that's WAY to obvious, and i think Nim just named herself Nim after Nymeria, considering Alexandra's comments.

1 minute ago, Aiko said:

Yeah, Reincarnation highly 

1 hour ago, kithas said:

Well, she clearly want(ed?) the MC safe and away from the plot. I want to see her in relation to Melia, who more or less sees her as a good person (at least someone on the right by not playing by Stormschasers' rules) but doesn't know she's the one to blame for what happened to Venam. 

Yeah, but like, why turn people into stone to do so? What is she trying to do?... Wait. Isn't all of Lorna's victims (or attempted victims such as lavender) gym leaders? Is Crescent trying to halt our progression?