Spoiler Discussion

Jan

From what i remember, the school there was for orphans from the Miera region, so Spotlight city must be in Aevium. It was hit by the calamity too.

It was probably near Hiyoshi city (maybe in what are the Badlands now ?) or in the Neverwinter area.

Also, Amanda bot told Melia that they're plan (they = Clear and Kieran i guess) started a little before the MC return in Aevium. So yeah, i think that means the MC and the others were in Aevium before.

Hi hi!

I haven't played the game in a few years and I see the start of the game is new where you play as Kenneth?

Is this a tutorial thing? Will I be able to create my own character? I really enjoyed how it was before with all the mini quests.

37 minutes ago, --Ghost-- said:

Hi hi!

I haven't played the game in a few years and I see the start of the game is new where you play as Kenneth?

Is this a tutorial thing? Will I be able to create my own character? I really enjoyed how it was before with all the mini quests.

I don't think you ever play as Kennith in the main game. You may have downloaded Where Love Lives by mistake.

5 minutes ago, Lspaceship said:

I don't think you ever play as Kennith in the main game. You may have downloaded Where Love Lives by mistake.

Oh i see, yes it seems so, i assumed the download at the bottom of the page was the right one and "where love lives" was the name of the last chapter. 

Thanks for the clarification!

2 hours ago, Draconis said:
  Hide contents

If it isn't too spoilery, I wonder what the plan for the vaccine thing was going to be?

It'd probably have to do with the Xenpurgis. I feel like it'd be some sort of targeting, which is why they removed it. People being worried about microchips in vaccines could see this as some sort of confirmation of their beliefs.

I have a small questino that was bugging me forever. On the cliff where Narcissa buried her Chandelure, there is one grave with the name Eli there. Been there forever too. Does that mean anything in relation to Eli and Sherin?

12 hours ago, Cyphre said:

I have a small questino that was bugging me forever. On the cliff where Narcissa buried her Chandelure, there is one grave with the name Eli there. Been there forever too. Does that mean anything in relation to Eli and Sherin?

I noticed that too. Also, the scene with Eli and Sharon in the Carotos Mountain base is kind of... interesting. Eli is inside one of the containers(meant for Shadow Pokémon I assume) while Sharon seems panicked and says she'll get him out of there somehow. 

By the way, for those who are interested, i decided to replay as Ana to see if it matters this time, and actually something does happen. In chapter 3 Marianette gives you a nickname, and after she give you your normal one for the character that you replace with Ana, she actually reacts to us having Ana's sprite and give us nickname Hope. Which is something extremely interesting, since now it is not just a cosmetic easter egg. The game now actually knows we play as Ana. 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2021 at 3:02 PM, Cyphre said:

In chapter 3 Marianette gives you a nickname, and after she give you your normal one for the character that you replace with Ana, she actually reacts to us having Ana's sprite and give us nickname Hope.

Whoa. I’ve been playing as Ana but I didn’t know this was exclusive to her! What does Maria say when we’re playing as one of the normal MCs?

3 hours ago, Anerunae said:

Whoa. I’ve been playing as Ana but I didn’t know this was exclusive to her! What does Maria say when we’re playing as one of the normal MCs?

Aero = Eagle

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mei-o_Scarlett said:

So why is Risa anti team xen again since she's you know not actually Risa unless the original Risa was already fighting off team xen and thus she had to keep up appearance

Also what is up with the nuke that we see in the desert and why is Risa helping us

I feel like Risa being Team Xen was just a make people of GDC feel more secure. I mean if there is someone who actively fighting Team Xen then nobody would really suspect the mayor being Team Xen Executive. It could also be that real Risa was actively against Team Xen at one point and her actions made her famous not Clear's one.

As for why Clear tries to help us was probably to learn more about the Pyramid herself. Remember even Madame X doesnt know the secrets about the Pyramid.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Yahiro said:

I feel like Risa being Team Xen was just a make people of GDC feel more secure. I mean if there is someone who actively fighting Team Xen then nobody would really suspect the mayor being Team Xen Executive. It could also be that real Risa was actively against Team Xen at one point and her actions made her famous not Clear's one.

As for why Clear tries to help us was probably to learn more about the Pyramid herself. Remember even Madame X doesnt know the secrets about the Pyramid.

Sounds about right

What do you guys think of Kai'ya? She seems important but I dont think we know anything about her. I thought she was the Champion at first but with the whole Celine thing that theory is thrown out of bus. We only know that her family died and she has the ability the see every being in the world. Does that mean she knows about Madame X and Team Xen  as well. 

33 minutes ago, Mei-o_Scarlett said:

And yet she didn't seem to know about clear and what she does to Kenneth so 

To be honest that one might make sense since Clear is not from our world and is implied to a clone/android. She did say she can see every living beings of this world.

Hi guys! I wanted to make a follow-up post regarding some of my theories. I've just replayed the entire game, and there were a lot of changes in the pre-v13 story that took me off guard. I think the devs have done such an amazing job, and things are starting to become increasingly clear [heh] to me with the additional context. 

Spoiler
  • Okay, so I don't know if the whole world has already realized this and if I'm the last one to come to this conclusion please forgive me, but Melia has got to be some sort of fusion of Melanie and Maria. [Mel + ia]. This is why Melia was able to overlap Melanie, and it is also why Melanie now literally lives in her head rent free (as we now know that this is not a typical reaction to the overlapping process, and therefore there must be a deeper connection). The process of the fusion that yielded Melia is still foggy to me, but it could be similar to what happened between Anju and Vitus to create Angie.

I have changed my mind substantially on this topic upon replaying the game. I don't think Melia is a combination of Melanie and Maria anymore... I think she's a combination of Meloetta and Maria. Seeing as with the new update, Meloetta has been brought into the story (specifically concerning Anathea's family), it just makes more sense to me. It ties in better with the themes in Jenner's research exploring Pokemon and their morality. As a character, I think it makes sense to me as well. It's tough to corroborate ~vibes~, but Melia has always seemed really sing-songy in the way that Meloetta seems to be. She has also insisted that she feels she is not Maria. This could also explain her Genesis Syndrome--why she's the only one out of the four children who is unable to fully function with the Archetype in her body--because she isn't fully Anathea's child. 

So then where does this leave Melanie? I think Melanie is also part Meloetta--but not part Maria. This is solely based off of the character's name, so I could be 100% wrong. But if Melia is a fusion of Meloetta and Maria, then it would follow that Melanie is a fusion of Meloetta and... Anie? The big question that this theory presents is the identity of this half. There are no characters that I can think of with the name Anie. The closest to that would be Anathea. However, the age of Melanie does not line up with the age that Anathea would be in the corrupted alternate timeline. Not to mention the fact that, as far as we know, Anathea would still be dead in this alternate timeline. Another character whose name it could be is Ana/A.N.A.

Up until now, I had believed that the android A.N.A. was based off of Ana, the person whose grave sits outside of the A-name kids' old house in Zone Zero/Hiyoshi. It makes sense because of the names, and the fact that we know A.N.A.'s appearance is based off of that of a specific person. It also supports the fact that you can play as a character with the same sprite as Ana if you use a secret passcode at the beginning of the game. It implies that Ana was also at the house somehow. [sidenote: I still need to play through v13 with my Ana account but I'm stuck on the beast that is Melia and her quasi-gym battle in the beginning... So I'm not sure if there are any differences to the way v13 plays out if you are playing as Ana yet. If i play through and things change then I might make another follow-up post.] There are some issues with this, however. For one, Ana is supposed to be deceased before the Storm even hit Aevium. Would is be possible for Crescent to accidentally gather pieces of her soul? Seeing as she had been deceased for the longest and already buried? Another issue is on the topic of A.N.A. Her data recollections implied that she comes from a time or dimension without Pokemon or nature. In this new chapter, it has been revealed that the Den of Souls is an ancient Garufan stronghold, and that this civilization faced the loss of nature and Pokemon. This is setting up the theory that ANA was raised in this civilization. This feels out of left field, and kind of derails the previous theory of A.N.A. having ties to Ana. I'm still not sure what to think about all of this. 

EDIT: This literally just came to me after posting this, but perhaps Melanie IS still the combination of Meloetta and Maria, just like Melia. We don't know why Melia has her name, but there's a good chance that Team Xen gave it to her, considering the fact that they were involved with placing her with Jenner. Melia makes sense for a person who is the literal combination of Meloetta+Maria. We know that Melanie is under the care of someone else in the alternate corrupted timeline... so who's to say this wasn't Indriad? What I'm getting at is--what if Melanie is Meloetta+Marianette? It's not a perfect match, but technically Marianette could be shortened to Annie or something of the like. I think it's def a possibility to consider at least. This also explains why Melia was able to overlap with Melanie without incident. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• In terms of what happened in that dungeon in Hiyoshi on the day of Storm-9, we've now learned more. We know what happened to Hazuki. For Anju we have bits and pieces (captured by Vitus, turned into Angie, and...?). Nymiera is still up in the air, but I'm pretty sure at this point that Nymiera is Nim. In the dungeon, some spell or power between Nymiera and Storm-9 fused them into one, chaotic being, who confusedly went by Nim. Either the process of the fusion or something like walking through the Voidal Chasms erased her memory. That's what the scene between her, Alexandra, and Damien at Sashila Village was all about. That's also why Nim talks about having Nymiera speak to her through memories, because these memories are actually her own.

I am more certain than ever about this theory. When Nim first appears in Sashila before Alexandra and Damien, she seems like she is in the middle of saying something. "[Player]... watch out!  ...Huh? W-where am I? Hazuki... Anju... Where am I- AGH!! ... I??????" If she was just the manifestation of Storm-9, then why would she be telling you to watch out? Why would she be asking for Hazuki and Anju? I believe that at some point, you go back in time again and make it to the end of that dungeon, and that you are part of that final battle with Nymiera, Hazuki, Anju, Indriad, and the Storm. We know Hazuki's fate, and we know that somehow Anju is captured and held prisoner in Chrysalis Manor before turning into Angie (the details couldn't be fuzzier). Perhaps while she was telling you to watch out, Nymiera was hit by an attack that somehow turned her into Nim. And Nim is the fusion of Storm-9 and Nymiera's soul. 

This also then lead me think that Nim/Nymiera could possibly be the author of that mysterious diary in Kugearen City. As a refresher, it states:

"No matter how many times I try... I find myself in this loop of failure. But I must not fail. If I fail this means the end of humanity as we know it. That wretched old fool has created the catalyst to end the world as we know it. I’ve seen it. I’ve seen the horror this world will be known to. I shall stop this at any cost. Even if it costs the lives of myself and my friends. The one who will save us all. I have seen them as well. Their name was-" *Madame X appears and takes journal*

It is my personal belief that the person she is talking about in the end is you. I think that it is quite possible that Nim is the one stuck in the time loop. She starts off as Nim in Sashila, not knowing who she is, completing her journey and re-learning her identity, making it back to that dungeon to try to change things only to have it happen again. Over and over again. 

This is a pretty weak theory though as there is still not much information to back it up, and there's a ton of competing possibilities that can't be ruled out. This one just makes a lot of sense to me personally. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you made it to the end, thank you for reading! Please let me know if you have any thoughts pertaining to any of this, I'd love to hear what you think! (even if it proves me 100% dead wrong lol)

The mystery of this game has haunted me for years now, and it's getting so exciting now that things are finally starting to fall into place. Again, huge shoutout to all the devs, especially Jan and the story-writers, for this absolute masterpiece. 

Edited by sparsyle
just thought of a new aspect to the theory and didn't want to double post! edit is marked in text.
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

On 9/9/2021 at 10:48 PM, sparsyle said:

Hi guys! I wanted to make a follow-up post regarding some of my theories. I've just replayed the entire game, and there were a lot of changes in the pre-v13 story that took me off guard. I think the devs have done such an amazing job, and things are starting to become increasingly clear [heh] to me with the additional context. 

Hide contents

I have changed my mind substantially on this topic upon replaying the game. I don't think Melia is a combination of Melanie and Maria anymore... I think she's a combination of Meloetta and Maria. Seeing as with the new update, Meloetta has been brought into the story (specifically concerning Anathea's family), it just makes more sense to me. It ties in better with the themes in Jenner's research exploring Pokemon and their morality. As a character, I think it makes sense to me as well. It's tough to corroborate ~vibes~, but Melia has always seemed really sing-songy in the way that Meloetta seems to be. She has also insisted that she feels she is not Maria. This could also explain her Genesis Syndrome--why she's the only one out of the four children who is unable to fully function with the Archetype in her body--because she isn't fully Anathea's child. 

So then where does this leave Melanie? I think Melanie is also part Meloetta--but not part Maria. This is solely based off of the character's name, so I could be 100% wrong. But if Melia is a fusion of Meloetta and Maria, then it would follow that Melanie is a fusion of Meloetta and... Anie? The big question that this theory presents is the identity of this half. There are no characters that I can think of with the name Anie. The closest to that would be Anathea. However, the age of Melanie does not line up with the age that Anathea would be in the corrupted alternate timeline. Not to mention the fact that, as far as we know, Anathea would still be dead in this alternate timeline. Another character whose name it could be is Ana/A.N.A.

Up until now, I had believed that the android A.N.A. was based off of Ana, the person whose grave sits outside of the A-name kids' old house in Zone Zero/Hiyoshi. It makes sense because of the names, and the fact that we know A.N.A.'s appearance is based off of that of a specific person. It also supports the fact that you can play as a character with the same sprite as Ana if you use a secret passcode at the beginning of the game. It implies that Ana was also at the house somehow. [sidenote: I still need to play through v13 with my Ana account but I'm stuck on the beast that is Melia and her quasi-gym battle in the beginning... So I'm not sure if there are any differences to the way v13 plays out if you are playing as Ana yet. If i play through and things change then I might make another follow-up post.] There are some issues with this, however. For one, Ana is supposed to be deceased before the Storm even hit Aevium. Would is be possible for Crescent to accidentally gather pieces of her soul? Seeing as she had been deceased for the longest and already buried? Another issue is on the topic of A.N.A. Her data recollections implied that she comes from a time or dimension without Pokemon or nature. In this new chapter, it has been revealed that the Den of Souls is an ancient Garufan stronghold, and that this civilization faced the loss of nature and Pokemon. This is setting up the theory that ANA was raised in this civilization. This feels out of left field, and kind of derails the previous theory of A.N.A. having ties to Ana. I'm still not sure what to think about all of this. 

EDIT: This literally just came to me after posting this, but perhaps Melanie IS still the combination of Meloetta and Maria, just like Melia. We don't know why Melia has her name, but there's a good chance that Team Xen gave it to her, considering the fact that they were involved with placing her with Jenner. Melia makes sense for a person who is the literal combination of Meloetta+Maria. We know that Melanie is under the care of someone else in the alternate corrupted timeline... so who's to say this wasn't Indriad? What I'm getting at is--what if Melanie is Meloetta+Marianette? It's not a perfect match, but technically Marianette could be shortened to Annie or something of the like. I think it's def a possibility to consider at least. This also explains why Melia was able to overlap with Melanie without incident. 

I am more certain than ever about this theory. When Nim first appears in Sashila before Alexandra and Damien, she seems like she is in the middle of saying something. "[Player]... watch out!  ...Huh? W-where am I? Hazuki... Anju... Where am I- AGH!! ... I??????" If she was just the manifestation of Storm-9, then why would she be telling you to watch out? Why would she be asking for Hazuki and Anju? I believe that at some point, you go back in time again and make it to the end of that dungeon, and that you are part of that final battle with Nymiera, Hazuki, Anju, Indriad, and the Storm. We know Hazuki's fate, and we know that somehow Anju is captured and held prisoner in Chrysalis Manor before turning into Angie (the details couldn't be fuzzier). Perhaps while she was telling you to watch out, Nymiera was hit by an attack that somehow turned her into Nim. And Nim is the fusion of Storm-9 and Nymiera's soul. 

This also then lead me think that Nim/Nymiera could possibly be the author of that mysterious diary in Kugearen City. As a refresher, it states:

"No matter how many times I try... I find myself in this loop of failure. But I must not fail. If I fail this means the end of humanity as we know it. That wretched old fool has created the catalyst to end the world as we know it. I’ve seen it. I’ve seen the horror this world will be known to. I shall stop this at any cost. Even if it costs the lives of myself and my friends. The one who will save us all. I have seen them as well. Their name was-" *Madame X appears and takes journal*

It is my personal belief that the person she is talking about in the end is you. I think that it is quite possible that Nim is the one stuck in the time loop. She starts off as Nim in Sashila, not knowing who she is, completing her journey and re-learning her identity, making it back to that dungeon to try to change things only to have it happen again. Over and over again. 

This is a pretty weak theory though as there is still not much information to back it up, and there's a ton of competing possibilities that can't be ruled out. This one just makes a lot of sense to me personally. 

If you made it to the end, thank you for reading! Please let me know if you have any thoughts pertaining to any of this, I'd love to hear what you think! (even if it proves me 100% dead wrong lol)

The mystery of this game has haunted me for years now, and it's getting so exciting now that things are finally starting to fall into place. Again, huge shoutout to all the devs, especially Jan and the story-writers, for this absolute masterpiece. 

Thats a lot to read but I like your theories. I agree that Nim is actually Nimyera and that we have to return to past 1 more time. However I think that Melia is not fused Maria with Meloetta

Spoiler

I think during the Indriad/Vitus did something that archetype from Maria/Mariannete got separated from her creating 2 counterparts: Melia and Madame X. Madame X might be the part without archetype to needs to have this specially made armor to keep her alive cause she would die from consequences of separating from the archetype. Armor was probably made by Nastasia who blames herself for not being able to help her and prevent this and thats why she is in team Xen and following Madame X, and never gets punished for unauthorized missions. Also HQ of team Xen is in rejuvenation CO. of course there is a theory 2 about her and that is that Xara and Jean or should I say Kieran and Clear created Madame X armor from the machine in amethyst cave, and when you get there it says that it is missing core component 1, which in my opinion might be black box, so black box + that machine might be madame X, just my thoughts

• Like 4