[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

My guess is a pulse Parasect is keeping the city asleep with spores or something

my reasoning is that its probably not sound based becuase we should have heard something when we went through if that was the case.(rules out sing and some others) We also have no visible contact with anything (which should rule out hypnosis)

Breathing tiny spores? much harder to notice, and works without the pulse being visible or in contact with anyone

Remember the pokemon episode where kids were acting like pokemon? That was a drowsee hooked up to an amplifier!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably either Spores of some sort or Yawn, since Cain and the player were able to stay awake for a decent few minutes before getting drowsy.

It's probably either Spores of some sort or Yawn, since Cain and the player were able to stay awake for a decent few minutes before getting drowsy.

But we all know that a Pokemon that is capable of making people sleep is behind this...

who knows it might be a Shuckle

lol jk

Watch Ame explode everyone's minds, and the PULSE in Agate is actually a PULSE Slaking making everybody lazy.

Imagine the stats though~

• Veterans

Pulse Slaking

with Bad Dreams :]

Spams Yawn and you start taking extra damage while it just POUNDS you into the ground with OP attacks XD

• Developers

Y'know, despite my original suggestion of Hypno or or Jigglypuff, I think I'm way more inclined to believe the whole Parasect/Breloom/Amoongus thing. The lack of sound WOULD make spores a very feasible idea... So I'm torn between Parasect or Hypno, personally. Plus I think both would have awesome looking PULSEs. I sorta wanna see a PULSE Parasect, now.

I also saw something in the Graphics folder of Reborn. It's the shiny of Mr. Mime. It looks monochromatic and almost metallic just like Alakazam and Abra's.

Could this mean that it's really a PULSE Mr. Mime in Labradorra? I know people already know this, but just giving a head's up. :3

Also, I noticed that a particular Pokemon's shiny (Swalot) doesn't match the colors of its PULSE. I hope that gets fixed.
PULSE Swalot's coloration looks really cool to me. :3

I also saw something in the Graphics folder of Reborn. It's the shiny of Mr. Mime. It looks monochromatic and almost metallic just like Alakazam and Abra's.

Could this mean that it's really a PULSE Mr. Mime in Labradorra? I know people already know this, but just giving a head's up. :3

Also, I noticed that a particular Pokemon's shiny (Swalot) doesn't match the colors of its PULSE. I hope that gets fixed.

PULSE Swalot's coloration looks really cool to me. :3

The shiny color does not equal the PULSE color from what i know

• Developers

Most pulses were made before the shinies in which case the pulse colors dictated the shinies. though the swallot shiniy was made before this point ,and not bound by this. I think thats why. Not sure thats 100% acurate, but I hope it was clear

Edited by smeargletail

• Administrators

Still 0%, sadness.

did you know there is a lot of dialogue in this game

because i did

and yet knowing that doesn't make any quicker to go through all of it X_X

(i'm bothered it's taking so long too, but what else is new?)

It will.

The reason it's different is because the concept for the E15 pulse was scrapped and redone basically at the last minute. It was originally going to be a PULSE Gulpin and the machine would have continually multiplied Gulpin into sort of a huge multi-gulpin-wall to continually clog up the system. I changed it because I didn't have a good way to make that look good on both the overworld and in-battle.

did you know there is a lot of dialogue in this game

because i did

and yet knowing that doesn't make any quicker to go through all of it X_X

(i'm bothered it's taking so long too, but what else is new?)

You could always add this to the miscelaneous section so that it goes up 1% I could believe it'd take this long to get rid of ellipses. I mean there's the main story, which is a lot, Signs, and all those miscellaneous trainers holding more references then I can remember. I can't believe I missed the Pride and Prejudice one when it was right in front of my face.

• Administrators

Ellipses aren't the only thing I'm editing for. I'm also going over dashes, spacing, some general awkward phrasing, trimming some needless references, etc.

For instance,

I'm pretty familiar with RPG Maker's text thing, so I have previously gone about it the same way as I always have. In most RM games the message box is three or four lines tall instead of two, meaning more can (and should, to prevent lots of empty space) be fit into it. When working with a smaller message section and one that's only two lines tall, the reverse is true. The end result was that a lot of the dialogue was awkwardly crowded. Now I'm cut-pasting everything to space all of that out. This is actually the biggest time sink.

Regarding the ellipses, to answer a comment from a page or two ago, the reason everything was originally written with so many was another lingering habit from non-Pokemon RM games. RPG Maker has a number of internal commands that can be used to alter traits of the message, such as text color and things like that. One set of those commands allows messages to be timed out, to fractions of seconds. So say there's an awkward pause in the middle of a sentence, I can hit that command so there's a pause as it displays too, and it mirrors the flow of conversation.

Now, that doesn't happen in Pokemon games, so I don't use that command. But what I unthinkingly did instead was use ellipses in similar places. Unfortunately, that has the effect of making the text look jumbled and probably like something out of an emo fanfiction.

My name is Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way...

It will.

The reason it's different is because the concept for the E15 pulse was scrapped and redone basically at the last minute. It was originally going to be a PULSE Gulpin and the machine would have continually multiplied Gulpin into sort of a huge multi-gulpin-wall to continually clog up the system. I changed it because I didn't have a good way to make that look good on both the overworld and in-battle.

I see... now that would've been really interesting to see. Though yeah, it would've been hard to pull of. :D

Pulses have been used to effect the environment around them, not to make them stronger, so I'd be surprised to see a pulse slaking.

Well, yes, but fact is: There's nothing happening in Agate right now. At least, based on what we've seen or heard.

So, it could be something related to spore/sleep powder. At the same time, Yawn is not too far off since it would be a way to make everyone sleepy, without causing any damages around Agate, and without people noticing it.

If it is Yawn, it could explain why you or Cain weren't affected, considering how loud T3RR4 is~

I'm just rambling though.