[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

...how long did we wait for e.15 anyway?6 month?or 7...whatever,I have a feeling that e.16 gonna come out like middle of 2016...damn

I think it was 6 months. iirc, that's a standard development time.

With all things considered for episode 16, I won't mind the wait. There is simply too much to do... or re-do, in some cases.

But yeah, 2016? Not bad. I'm in no rush to see Reborn end, tbh... If you know what I mean.

btw ayy i got that **16 rep it's a sign~

Time between E14 and E15 was 6 months, but the development of Ep15 only took 3 months because for the rest of the time there was also of the RMXP update, and Ame had to make sure the game worked just fine in the new version. That was the purpose of 14.5 and 14.6 versions.

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I think it was 6 months. iirc, that's a standard development time.

like i said, average time is looking like 3 months per episode currently. keep in mind that number has been increasing over time, so it may be more like 3.5 at this point for average. 16 might be a little longer time than average.

*is afraid her computer wont be able to handle animations....*

If it can handle the current ones, you'll be fine. It's the same engine, just, more consistent.

Ok, I'll ask away. How many new fields are we getting next EP?

Five.

I said six before, but I ended up dropping one. These will include fields for the rest of the game, so unless I get an amazing new idea (and I might) I'm not planning to add any more after this episode.

I'm very happy to see the next episode in the starting blocks. Keep up the good work :D

I enjoyed V15 very much, and am very happy the forest field background was replaced! Now I wonder what V16 for awesome improvements brings.

Awesome news! Although does that mean that Jasper Ward will have upbeat music this time around?

And on another note does 'Animations' mean like move animations or Pokemon animations?

Ame, can I make a suggestion?

It would be nice to also add nightime variations (aesthetic changes only) for some of the outdoor fields, such as ashen beach, grasslands and swamp. Because they look the same throughout the whole day, which disturbs me a bit.

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

*prays that the wait will be shorter then e14>e15*

Oh boy, there we go again.~

New maps, music and event for the whole city. Enabling old events with new HMs. Solving the overlapping issue. This project will be indeed GRAND.

Edited by Jaromir

*prays that the wait will be shorter then e14>e15*

Oh boy, there we go again.~

New maps, music and event for the whole city. Enabling old events with new HMs. Solving the overlapping issue. This project will be indeed GRAND.

Based on the expectations Amethyst laid out in the OP, one can guess for it to be out around the beginning of October.

We're going to get some sort of Dragon specific field because there isn't one yet and we have a dragon leader slowly approaching. We don't need a field for Hardy, or Amaria as they have the mountain and water field to work with respectively. That said, I feel Adrienn could use a field that's better than the mist field, because that can easily be turned out of his favor with some poison moves or gust, etc. So Adrienn and Saphirra take two fields. Even though we know the desert field will be used in the desert, one gym leader already had that kind of field, so Titania needs a new one, otherwise Drought Ninetales will destroy her with the 8 turn droughts. So we can now believe that 3 of the 5 remaining leaders get fields. Leaving the last 2 for what will probably be either a default E4 field and Champion field, or a new field entirely with E4 reusing old fields and the champ getting the last field. This is all speculation of course, the fields could be anything at this point, not to mention Ame may get some brilliant ideas in the future.

This talk of fields and gyms make me want to say that we will have to fight 5 gyms in the span of 3 episodes if we want to end on 19. Who do you guys think we'll fight? I believe it will Go Adrienn for E16 -> Titania then Amaria for E17 and then Hardy then Saphirra for E18. This is all speculation of course, going off of what I believe may be the final order. It may not be but you never know. Also Ame has mentioned before that we will fight everyone from league at some point in the game. So don't worry we will definitely fight Arclight and Anna and Heather and every else in league at some point. Also speaking of Anna, I'm really hoping one of the new fields is some sort of starry field for her. It would be really nice imo, with moves like Meteor Mash, Draco Meteor, Hyperspace Hole, etc. getting boosts. Notice anything about those moves there. Psychic types can get them with Metagross/Jirachi, Lati@s, and Hoopa. Of course Anna doesn't have legendaries, and a field like that would be OP if she did have them. Ame would never put us through something like that... Right?

Well anyway the star field could help Anna spam Cosmic Power. That would be a nightmare 0.0. Really hoping we get a starry field. Please owo

are we still looking at 1 leader battle per episode or will this be the one with 2 leader battles in it?

Edited by sandy

I'm not saying we fight leaders in 2v2's or anything. I mean we fight one leader, do more story stuff then fight another and end the episode. A lot can happen in just a small time period. you never know what might happen.

Amethyst said somewhere that 'story content will be even shorter than was in E15, it's just the sidequests and fixed Reborn City that will take forever.' Since she's probably not crazy enough to do the desert and the city in the same episode, we'll likely only fight Adrienn in this one.

is it possible to get a link to the status thread on the op please ame as if this threads constantly the most active people will just click on this thread from the menu.

and the next one will probably be Tittania+hardy

Edited by sandy

See I only put Hardy as one of the last leaders because of Rock Climb and Agate. Depending on who we get Rock Climb from will decide when we fight Hardy. It would likely be Titania who gives us Rock Climb, however I suspect the catch would be we'd need another badge to use it.

Yeah, I agree with Pyrr 100%. Rip-van-Dissappointing in the next ep, then the girlfriends and hunting the Mets in the desert, then the grand showdown in Agate and Labradorra.

I do have a suspicion though that we're gonna get a field that boosts Grass and Bug types without getting burned. Bennett and Laura are a certain E4 and a good bet respectively, and lighting em up in flames is gonna murder them. We never had the chance to do that to Bennett anyway.

The very, very obvious champion will benefit from one of the fields Pyrr mentioned, a confirmed E4 got his own private field in E15, we'll see about the rest.

My, my, you guys have some impressively good guesses.

*laughs maniacally for 10 minutes*

I think that the badge order thing that someone found is going to be accurate, then.

I think 4 of the last 5 Fields will be for the Elite 4 and Champion (as we already have a Field for Elias) so the remaining Field will probably be Dragon or Fairy.