[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

I've probably said this before somewhere, but I think that the Earthquake-causing PULSE is underground beneath the Devon Corporation building. This makes sense because it's close to Yureyu, Devon is suspicious a.f., and it could be a Dugtrio or something similar. This is 90% the PULSE that we'll be fighting during this episode.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, I never thought about the earthquakes being caused by a PULSE. Dugtrio is a good candidate, but also up there is Excadrill as well. I'd personally guess Dugtrio giving it stat boosts and keeping Arena Trap for added insanity.

Arceus help us from Ame's wrath

Let's look at the PULSE's...

PULSE #00 - Mr. Biggles (destroyed)

PULSE #01 - the earthquakes

PULSE #02 - Avalugg (destroyed)

PULSE #03 - Swalot (destroyed)

PULSE #04 - Muk (destroyed)

PULSE #05-A/B/C - Tangrowth (destroyed)

PULSE #06 - Camerupt (destroyed)

PULSE #07 - Abra (destroyed)

PULSE #08 - most likely Mr Mime (active)

PULSE #09 - most likely whatever is causing the sleep spell (active)

PULSE #10 - Clawitzer (inactive)

Meteor is running really low on PULSE machines... Mr Mime and #09 are busy protecting their areas, and Clawitzer is shut down... and that leaves PULSE #01 still underneath the city. Would be a shame to turn it back on, hm?~

As for the sleeping spell on Agate, Jigglypuff/etc. wouldn't make much sense, since there was a notable lack of ANY sound in Agate City.

Hypno sort of makes sense, since its power could be amplified to the point where it can make an entire city fall asleep, but this brings up 2 problems. If Hypno can apply mass hypnosis to an enormous area, why wouldn't they simply redirect the sleep-waves to a different area, such as the Circus? Or Calcenon? The Meteors seem unaffected by it too, so they must have some way to negate its effect. Using science to create an anti-psychic helmet or something would be really tricky, even for Eve.

The most likely candidate is Amoonguss or Parasect, since their spores could easily affect an entire city without notice, much like Hypnosis. However, the effect is trapped in one area because the spores cannot go over the mountains surrounding the city, or perhaps the wind isn't carrying enough spores to have any effect. We've also dealt with Sleep Powder before; in Route 2. There was also Rage Powder, which had the adverse effect of waking up a Pokemon who fell asleep from the Sleep Powder. Perhaps Meteor found a way to turn the Rage Powder into some kind of immunization for the spores? They likely would've found a way to remove the aggressive side to the powder too, so they don't make all their grunts kill each other.

Just some thoughts~

Y'know, they could also be wearing Safety Goggles. It is a real item in Pokemon, and in case any of you don't know what it does, it protects you from any powder moves. Maybe Devon is the one producing them to help Team Meteor?

But I like the Rage Powder idea; very creative.

• Administrators

Also, I wonder... If the city gets "fixed", will past events obtainable in the city disappear? Like Teddiursa, or Budew, or *insert pokémon here*?

A lot of it is going to be case by case. Some events will be preserved, whereas some, like Gulpin, will disappear to be replaced by their now-accessible wild areas. Others may get new events if necessary.

Actually, it would be really helpful to me if everyone could put together a list of all Pokemon currently found, both wild and events, in these areas:

• Outdoors in the city/alleys (not 7th St)
  • Outdoors in Apophyll/Azurine
  • Outdoors in Rhodocrine/Malchous/surrounding Beryl Ward + Power Plant

And it would be further helpful if it were indicated within that list which Pokemon on it are already found in the wild or from repeatable events in places not listed above.

Okay, um, using this Guide should be beneficial, having most locations: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13417

Opal Ward:

Grass (Day):

- Bidoof

- Ekans

- Rattata

- Meowth

- Patrat

- Pidgey

Grass (Night):

- Ekans

- Rattata

- Meowth

- Hoothoot

- Spinarak

Headbutt:

- Combee

- Pineco

- Spearow

Bullies on Opal Bridge / Calm Pokemon Down in Peridot Building Event (Random, Only 2):

- Pachirisu (Adventurine Forest)

- Panpour (Adventurine Forest)

- Zigzagoon (Linoone in Route 1?)

- Wingull (Apophyll Beach)

That should be all in Opal! Next up is Peridot?

Anyway, doesn't seem that anything needs to be changed here. Maybe taking out the bully event, if anything.

Looking through all of the dex entries, I only found 1 perfect candidate for the earthquake PULSE;

Whiscash.

Whiscash is extremely territorial. Just one of these Pokémon will claim a large pond as its exclusive territory. If a foe approaches it, it thrashes about and triggers a massive earthquake.

If Whiscash goes on a wild rampage, it sets off a quake-like tremor with a radius of over three miles. This Pokémon has the ability to predict real earthquakes.

It claims a large swamp to itself. If a foe comes near it, it sets off tremors by thrashing around.

From the dex entries, we can see Whiscash can set off earthquakes fairly easily. I've checked the dex entries of every possible mon, and found Whiscash to be the #1.

PULSE Whiscash, good luck, have fun.

Edited by Bazaro

Looking through all of the dex entries, I only found 1 perfect candidate for the earthquake PULSE;

Whiscash.

Whiscash is extremely territorial. Just one of these Pokémon will claim a large pond as its exclusive territory. If a foe approaches it, it thrashes about and triggers a massive earthquake.

If Whiscash goes on a wild rampage, it sets off a quake-like tremor with a radius of over three miles. This Pokémon has the ability to predict real earthquakes.

It claims a large swamp to itself. If a foe comes near it, it sets off tremors by thrashing around.

From the dex entries, we can see Whiscash can set off earthquakes fairly easily. I've checked the dex entries of every possible mon, and found Whiscash to be the #1.

Good find! The idea of a pulse fish on land seems a bit weird to me though

Whiscash.

Baz you made one oversight on one other Water/Ground type that can do nearly the same thing.

Palpitoad:

When they vibrate the bumps on their heads, they can make waves in water or earthquake-like vibrations on land.

I'm not saying it will be Palpitoad, it is more likely to be Whiscash, but this is also a possibililty.

An honorable mention goes to Excadrill for this:

More than 300 feet below the surface, they build mazelike nests. Their activity can be destructive to subway tunnels.

Subway tunnels.... Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds familiar amirite?

Not saying your idea is wrong or bad, as it is probably the most likely, but these are other possibilities.

it would be nice to have a pulse whiscash(dragon dance,earthquake,fissure,rock slide) with ability no guard(still if a grass move hits it its gone,but if it uses one DD then it can spam fissure)

if it has this moveset(dragon dance,earthquake,waterfall,rock slide) with the ability sap sipper,it would be a beast and have no weakness at all(at least from typing)

Well technically its still weak to freeze dry, but yea that would be very difficult to kill without it. It already has a lot of hp, and if it's defenses were to get boosted it could be an issue.

inb4 Ame just gives it Sap Sipper

RIP us

As for Excadrill, it says it causes damage to tunnels, but nothing about earthquakes...

Palpitoad is possibility, I guess. Creating sound waves powerful enough to cause tremors is frightening.

Edited by Bazaro

It would be a huge suprise and not so much to me if it is a Pulse Exploud since it says that its Roars can cause Earthquakes but that would be kinda stupid to have that instead Whiscash given its nature of causing tremors

But anyways she should make it in a cave field with Boomburst Focus Blast Fire Blast and...something else NoGuard and give a lot of Speed just to make it stupidly OP :P

Dragon Dance would not be needed to use Fissure, as it would give OHKOs every time it hits. With No Guard? That thing would be deadly. The only moves it would need Dragon Dance for would be for the other moves it has, other than Fissure.

my personal opinion is thet No Guard + Fissuer is better idea and only pokemons thet are able to learn Fissure and are not legendari/already used in pulse/big inaf are Dugtrio, Whiscash, Hippowdon and Excadrill

Edited by cynx

yeah but i support the idea that he should have at least dragon dance to outspeed his opponents.any grass move that moves before it is sure that will ohko it

well i agree but when it mega or puls evolve he can luse wather type right? ( i mean on Whiscash)

Edited by cynx

I don't think Solaris would be willing to put his Excadrill in a PULSE, but I have an idea on just who may be responsible for reactivating the PULSE... As Solaris said this himself, he would hate to involve Lin. However, he allows her to attack, but I don't think he would allow her to put Excadrill in the PULSE. Besides, it wouldn't be Solaris's Excadrill because it would still be in the PULSE, since it would have been responsible for the first earthquakes, and it would not be with him. Unless he were to make a mobile PULSE... THAT would be terrifying.

Why does in have to be in the pulse still? He could've just removed it when they stopped causing earthquakes.

When you encounter Taka for the first time with the tangrowth PULSE, he explains that a pokemon that stays too long in the machine becomes badly hurt, or something like that. I can't see Solaris carrying a weak excadril because he left it in the PULSE for too long.

Perhaps the reason why Mr. Bigglesworth remained normal then was because he managed to escape the PULSE before staying in too long. That's why he looks healthy, and didn't suffer the same fate as the other Pokemon. As for the PULSE-Camerupt, I am not sure, because we didn't even get to battle it. It might have been in the same predicament as Mr. Bigglesworth, but couldn't escape. Same with PULSE-Abra, considering there are no major changes to Abra, but only that it's in a metal suit like Mewtwo.

They aid leaving a PULSE would be harmful... they never specified how.

In BIggles' case, the PULSE mutated him to where he could talk. What happens once removed from a PULSE is pretty shaky, but I have a feeling Biggles was one of the lucky escapees...