[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why no one haven't thought of Aromatisse in xe's team?

The chronic misuse of gender-neutral pronouns on this forum is killin' me, man!

To answer your question, it's because Aromatisse is bad. All it can really do are Wish pass, Aromatherapy, and/or Rest Talk, and there are much better options among the Fairy-types for all of those things.

Why no one haven't thought of Aromatisse in xe's team?

and Slurpuff! (Belly Drum-Unburden-Sitrus Berry Slurpuff can actually hurt a lot... although there are probably better options)

The chronic misuse of gender-neutral pronouns on this forum is killin' me, man!

To answer your question, it's because Aromatisse is bad. All it can really do are Wish pass, Aromatherapy, and/or Rest Talk, and there are much better options among the Fairy-types for all of those things.

I'm not really used with those pronouncing. @_@

If the Gym Battle against Adrienn is going to be doubles, it can provide further support for most of... it's Pokemon?

Yes, it's kinda underrated with that somewhat decent base stat total, but Aroma Veil in doubles is disturbing, disabling the usage of Taunt which would otherwise shutdown Klefki if used into.

And since most of it's Pokemon are rather slow, Aromatisse might have Trick Room to ensure the slowness of it's team to become the reverse, aka. sweep time. (It probably has Intimidate Granbull.)

If it was singles, then it would be a different story. That's all, I guess.

..My guess for Adrienn's team might be a bit unorthodox, but very well viable.

Mr. Mime / Togekiss / Florges / Sylveon / Whimsicott / Mega Mawile

Why? I have no idea. Fairy-types aren't exactly overflowing and duplicates might be used from other teams, like Noel's, but I don't think she'll copy Clefable over again, especially not at this stage of the game. Sylveon obviously because it was one of the very first announced Fairy-type Pokémon, Mr. Mime can be quite scary with 120 base SpDef/100 Speed. ..Togekiss was Seel-approved, but yeah. Whimsicott because Ame adores Whimsicott and it's annoying beyond shit to deal with if you can't counter it. Florges is.. Bulky beyond words, my god. 154 SpDef >>; (sure, it has crap Def)

And Mega Mawile because it's either going to be Mega Mawile/Gardevoir/Altaria/Audino/Diancie among Fairy-types. I don't see Gardevoir happening because she's Radomus' ace, Altaria is Ciel's.. That leaves Mawile/Audino/Diancie. Scratch Diancie because it's a legendary and you're left with Mawile and Audino. What's more threatening to you, a Mawile with two huge jaws or a pudgy nurse?

Florges is guaranteed to be on xe's team as it was xem's ace in the league :x

MORE MISUSE OF GENDER-NEUTRAL PRONOUNS

You wouldn't say "Florges is guaranteed to be on s/he's team as it was them's ace in the league," so you wouldn't say "xe's" or "xem's" in this context, either. Replace both of those pronouns with "xyr."

(I'm not offended. Just annoyed.)

Wait, so is Adrienn going to have a Sylveon, too? Having two special walls seems a little redundant.

MORE MISUSE OF GENDER-NEUTRAL PRONOUNS

You wouldn't say "Florges is guaranteed to be on s/he's team as it was them's ace in the league," so you wouldn't say "xe's" or "xem's" in this context, either. Replace both of those pronouns with "xyr."

(I'm not offended. Just annoyed.)

Wait, so is Adrienn going to have a Sylveon, too? Having two special walls seems a little redundant.

Was wondering what the issue with the pronouns was. Am not 100% familiar with the xe/xim/xyr pronouns, but much obliged for the info~

Anyways, for actual on topic stuff, I have a sneaking suspicion that Adrienn will be a doubles team. I don't know anything of the original Reborn league, but Fairy is a type that is practically DEVASTATING in doubles. Of note, this team is purely thought of on the spot.

Togekiss, Mawile(mega), Klefki, Sylveon, Azumarill, Florges

Note I'm only using Florges because it was mentioned this was the actual Adrienn's ace. If I had say for an actual better mon, Carbink is the actual replacement here as a back up support/annoyance mon.

Step 1: Togekiss with follow me and safety goggles because fuck your Breloom.

Step 2: See other Pokemon on team

Step 3: OH GOD WHY IS MY TEAM DEAD

Edited by Ssbmfreak36

why not Choice Specs Sylveon spamming Hyper Voice on Doubles

Considering how much Ame likes the Eeveelutions, the chances of Adrienn having a Sylveon are pretty high.

And if Adrienn doesn't have a Klefki, Titania will.

I think it fits Adrienn more anyway.

Bullet Punch intensifies. I think that Slurpuff with Unburden suits xyr team better (aka I agree with Xiri). I can already imagine :

_ Turn 1 : Klefki and Slurpuff come in. Klefki gives a status to something and Slurpuff uses Belly Drum (using Sitrus berry, activating Unburden)

_ Turn 2 : Sweep.

Edited by biboo195

D'oh! I completely forgot about Mega Audino! Just imagine the experience it will give!

Klefki...Oi. I can only imagine how painful this battle could be. If it ran like most Klefki I've seen, then it will be a monster. It can set up entry hazards, status moves, screens, and use Fairy Lock to prevent switching. I think this will be one of the biggest torments in Adrienn's gym if Ame allows Klefki.

Klefki might be a decent pokemon, but I think you vastly overestimate the competence of the AI if you think Klefki would make it a difficult fight. If there's a klefki you can just send out a setup sweeper, buff it up for 2-3 turns, use an item to remove status and sweep his entire team, because the AI is stupid.

why not Choice Specs Sylveon spamming Hyper Voice on Doubles

Considering how much Ame likes the Eeveelutions, the chances of Adrienn having a Sylveon are pretty high.

That's what I'm expecting, pixilate hyper voices will hurt, and it's really difficult to kill sylveon in one hit so what ever you have on the field is going to take a beating from it.

Adrienne needs all the special walls he can get, otherwise spamming sludge wave is going to make the fight far too easy to win. Also Considering all the discharge/blizzard spam, it really wouldn't hurt to have a few special walls.

Seeing as we're taking guesses for what Adrienne is using...

Sylveon, Mega Audino, Whimsicott, Klefki, Florges, Azumarril

The mist field, combined with prankster screens and the natural bulk of faeries will make Adrienne immensely difficult to beat. Damaging him under the mist field will prove incredibly difficult, even with sludge wave or such. Meanwhile, xyr can use screens to avoid taking too much damage from sylveon's hyper voices which get amped up to a 1.5 multiplier due to the field. In amongst all that, you'll have to deal with tank boosting sweepers in mega audino (cm), florges (cm again), klefki (possibly CM), and priority sweeps from azumarril and whimsicott (prankster nature power will become a priority, STAB, field boosted moonblast).

Additionally, xyr has extra syngery due to abilities. Mega Audino can use its healer ability to constantly restore the health of all faeries potentially remove status even if the field is removed, especially important for BD azumarril. Florges and whimsicott can combine due to symbiosis, so that even if the field is changed to a corrosive mist field, whimsicott could boost with growth and be safe from stat-lowering or poisoning.

Basically, changing the field to corrosive mist or removing it altogether will be priority one in this match. No status, very bulky screen boosted defenses and constant healing will drive players insane if they can't get rid of the field while adrienne boosts up and then just curbstomps you.

Edited by sound of silence

Additionally, xyr has extra syngery due to abilities. Mega Audino can use its healer ability to constantly restore the health of all faeries, especially important for BD azumarril. Florges and whimsicott can combine due to symbiosis, so that even if the field is changed to a corrosive mist field, whimsicott could boost with growth and be safe from stat-lowering or poisoning.

I thought Healer only cures status conditions with 30% occurrence?

Adrienne needs all the special walls he can get, otherwise spamming sludge wave is going to make the fight far too easy to win. Also Considering all the discharge/blizzard spam, it really wouldn't hurt to have a few special walls.

The mist field, combined with prankster screens and the natural bulk of faeries will make Adrienne immensely difficult to beat. Damaging him under the mist field will prove incredibly difficult, even with sludge wave or such. Meanwhile, xyr can use screens to avoid taking too much damage from sylveon's hyper voices which get amped up to a 1.5 multiplier due to the field. In amongst all that, you'll have to deal with tank boosting sweepers in mega audino (cm), florges (cm again), klefki (possibly CM), and priority sweeps from azumarril and whimsicott (prankster nature power will become a priority, STAB, field boosted moonblast).

Additionally, xyr has extra syngery due to abilities. Mega Audino can use its healer ability to constantly restore the health of all faeries, especially important for BD azumarril. Florges and whimsicott can combine due to symbiosis, so that even if the field is changed to a corrosive mist field, whimsicott could boost with growth and be safe from stat-lowering or poisoning.

Basically, changing the field to corrosive mist or removing it altogether will be priority one in this match. No status, very bulky screen boosted defenses and constant healing will drive players insane if they can't get rid of the field while adrienne boosts up and then just curbstomps you.

This is a very good strategy the problem is the A.I. too stupid to use said strategy

So since Sucker Punch is kinda dead either when this releases or some initial bug fix patch or whatever comes out, what exactly happens? Are files with Pokemon with the move going to be put at risk of being unable to load due to inaccessible/removed content (well, from experience of swapping between versions this has happened before) or is it just going to go poof as if deleted by the move deleter?

So since Sucker Punch is kinda dead either when this releases or some initial bug fix patch or whatever comes out, what exactly happens? Are files with Pokemon with the move going to be put at risk of being unable to load due to inaccessible/removed content (well, from experience of swapping between versions this has happened before) or is it just going to go poof as if deleted by the move deleter?

Ame said she's joking, and she will work on it.

I thought Healer only cures status conditions with 30% occurrence?

Whoops. Well I do stand corrected, thanks for reminding me. Still it and florges could pass a few large wishes on the mist field. Shame about the ability in general...

This is a very good strategy the problem is the A.I. too stupid to use said strategy

>Remembers Shelly's gym battle

Crap.

Hopefully the AI is fixed by EP 16 so its a challenge that it should be.

Additionally, xyr has extra syngery due to abilities. Mega Audino can use its healer ability to constantly restore the health of all faeries potentially remove status even if the field is removed, especially important for BD azumarril. Florges and whimsicott can combine due to symbiosis, so that even if the field is changed to a corrosive mist field, whimsicott could boost with growth and be safe from stat-lowering or poisoning.

Cool analysis, that would be a fun gym to take on.

Ame said she's joking, and she will work on it.

Oh. I wonder where I missed her reaffirming that, I was assured by how it would be dead.....

It warms my heart to see it not gone, I guess. Thanks for the clarification.