[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fern as last boss? Heh he's not cut for being a "boss" imo and it would be cliché too but who knows?

P.S.

Had an idea just now: why not put a grave for the Gym Guy in the Beryl Cemetery (or the Wasteland)? He should be remembered for his (foolish) bravery in (temporary) taking Ame's character "job".

"Gym Guy ([year episode 1 came out]-2015)" - Everyone loved him,

ame didnt.

Remember that voice we heard when leaving the Citae-D whatever place?

Maybe that's the champion? Could you imagine?

"Thank you for coming back to play with me ~"

Hmmm that piece of dialogue is really interesting in and of itself. Who knows it could be another sidequest or some part of the plot? I'm leaning towards a plot addition because there are other areas within the Citae Arc-D'Astrae (I think that's what it is) that we haven't had access to yet such as the TM right above one of the first ladders.

eaa80a36fe.png

We've had access to that TM for a while... it's the ladder slightly Southwest of there that we don't have access to yet.

You literally just walk behind the rock and pillar to get that TM...

"Gym Guy ([year episode 1 came out]-2015)" - Everyone loved him,

ame didnt.

Last words: "Ame, I need a raise."

To be completely honest, I just wanna reach the Glass Workstation already and see what's up over there.

I'll worry about the champion later. it's probably lin though~

Hmmm that piece of dialogue is really interesting in and of itself. Who knows it could be another sidequest or some part of the plot? I'm leaning towards a plot addition because there are other areas within the Citae Arc-D'Astrae (I think that's what it is) that we haven't had access to yet such as the TM right above one of the first ladders.

eaa80a36fe.png

You can get that one by going down the hole in the grand staircase.

Oh my, that's very important indeed.

Also, just as food for thought, I mean, I know Ame said that they're going to be a ton of sidequests. So some spectulation here:

We're probably going to get Rock Climb. I can think of no other reason why we'd have so many sidequest otherwise. I mean, sure we got surf and dive and waterfall and what not, but unless the water's all cleared up, we're only going to be able to surf at.....Tanzan Cove....Iolia Valley.....and that's it. I mean, having access to rock climb makes us able to go down Ametrine Mountain, past Route 4, etc etc more side quest shenigans.

Thoughts on this?

We're probably going to get Rock Climb. I can think of no other reason why we'd have so many sidequest otherwise. I mean, sure we got surf and dive and waterfall and what not, but unless the water's all cleared up, we're only going to be able to surf at.....Tanzan Cove....Iolia Valley.....and that's it. I mean, having access to rock climb makes us able to go down Ametrine Mountain, past Route 4, etc etc more side quest shenigans.

Thoughts on this?

Maybe...they also can be in already explored places as some time has passed so there should be "something" new in the city (probably side quests that involve city restoration and similar)

Also, just as food for thought, I mean, I know Ame said that they're going to be a ton of sidequests. So some spectulation here:

Thoughts on this?

If the doors to the Desert open, then no. I don't think we're gonna get Rock Climb on the next episode.

If we don't go to the desert though, then I have to agree with you, that we'll probably get Rock Climb.

Also, I wonder... If the city gets "fixed", will past events obtainable in the city disappear? Like Teddiursa, or Budew, or *insert pokémon here*?

If the doors to the Desert open, then no. I don't think we're gonna get Rock Climb on the next episode.

If we don't go to the desert though, then I have to agree with you, that we'll probably get Rock Climb.

Also, I wonder... If the city gets "fixed", will past events obtainable in the city disappear? Like Teddiursa, or Budew, or *insert pokémon here*?

My guess is that they'll disappear only if they should thematically and they can't be found in the wild. For example, i think Budew will still be available in the event, but Gulpin will not (he's in WTC and the city is cleaner). That's just a guess though.

I hope some of the sidequests involve helping to clean up the city. Sort of like how we had to find all the spinel town girl's furniture, maybe we could help find something that is needed for the clean up process.

I hope some of the sidequests involve helping to clean up the city. Sort of like how we had to find all the spinel town girl's furniture, maybe we could help find something that is needed for the clean up process.

I wouldn't mind that one bit. I'd also like the idea of getting another store sticker in the next episode.

Thoughts on this?

how about a continuation of the almighty magikarp quest? i doubt she'll give it to us yet tho, won't be surprised if we only get it before the last gym leader lol.

Let's look at the PULSE's...

PULSE #00 - Mr. Biggles (destroyed)

PULSE #01 - the earthquakes

PULSE #02 - Avalugg (destroyed)

PULSE #03 - Swalot (destroyed)

PULSE #04 - Muk (destroyed)

PULSE #05-A/B/C - Tangrowth (destroyed)

PULSE #06 - Camerupt (destroyed)

PULSE #07 - Abra (destroyed)

PULSE #08 - most likely Mr Mime (active)

PULSE #09 - most likely whatever is causing the sleep spell (active)

PULSE #10 - Clawitzer (inactive)

As for the City, I do hope Meteor don't redestroy it or something after it's restored. It'd suck that all Adrienne's hard work would be going to waste. Even more importantly, it'd suck that all the dev's hard work in making it all pretty and fixed would go to waste by just destroying it again an episode or two later. So hopefully we really do get a beautiful restored City!

Meteor is running really low on PULSE machines... Mr Mime and #09 are busy protecting their areas, and Clawitzer is shut down... and that leaves PULSE #01 still underneath the city. Would be a shame to turn it back on, hm?~

As for the sleeping spell on Agate, Jigglypuff/etc. wouldn't make much sense, since there was a notable lack of ANY sound in Agate City.

Hypno sort of makes sense, since its power could be amplified to the point where it can make an entire city fall asleep, but this brings up 2 problems. If Hypno can apply mass hypnosis to an enormous area, why wouldn't they simply redirect the sleep-waves to a different area, such as the Circus? Or Calcenon? The Meteors seem unaffected by it too, so they must have some way to negate its effect. Using science to create an anti-psychic helmet or something would be really tricky, even for Eve.

The most likely candidate is Amoonguss or Parasect, since their spores could easily affect an entire city without notice, much like Hypnosis. However, the effect is trapped in one area because the spores cannot go over the mountains surrounding the city, or perhaps the wind isn't carrying enough spores to have any effect. We've also dealt with Sleep Powder before; in Route 2. There was also Rage Powder, which had the adverse effect of waking up a Pokemon who fell asleep from the Sleep Powder. Perhaps Meteor found a way to turn the Rage Powder into some kind of immunization for the spores? They likely would've found a way to remove the aggressive side to the powder too, so they don't make all their grunts kill each other.

Just some thoughts~

Edited by Bazaro

I like that theory with rage powder, very thematic for the area. As for why they are using it there, it could just be to cut of the mountains from Reborn City, or maybe there's something in the city they want and that's why they're keeping everyone out. There's also the possibility of another pulse in the desert causing the sandstorm.