Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

13 hours ago, Commander said:

That DEFINITELY sounds like the randomizer. There should be a captain in Redux HQ you can use to turn it off. I finally fixed it after months.

Jojo,

I talked to the captain to toogle of the randomizer, I does not work, the randomized encounters keep on coming. Seems pandoras box cant be closed again! 😛

I just started playing redux and chose the randomized version, although nothing seems to have been randomized?

I encounter bidoof, pidgey and meowths in the grass around the grand hall, I tried making a new save file, but it happened again, am I doing something wrong, or should i just keep playing and will be randomized later in the game?

2 hours ago, peden said:

I just started playing redux and chose the randomized version, although nothing seems to have been randomized?

I encounter bidoof, pidgey and meowths in the grass around the grand hall, I tried making a new save file, but it happened again, am I doing something wrong, or should i just keep playing and will be randomized later in the game?

I may have inverted the randomizer which...ho boy. Try talking to the captain after Julia. I'm looking into this now.

19 minutes ago, Dragonslayer7500 said:

who can you recrut to join you?

Spoilers:

Spoiler

Julia, Florinia, Shelly, Amaria, Titania, Hardy, Fern, Cain, Victoria, Cal, Taka (Resh route)

10 hours ago, Conkeldurp said:

Jojo,

I talked to the captain to toogle of the randomizer, I does not work, the randomized encounters keep on coming. Seems pandoras box cant be closed again! 😛

https://mega.nz/#!8xJUmY5Y!mM8V2iQ4j73Sh-HdFscnKDQAi-PH0_TYdnoyP5PPxZc

This map should fix that captain guy. It's a minor issue but yeah I dun goofed there. Just drop this map in the data folder. I consider it a minor error so I'm not reuploading the entire game over it.

10 hours ago, Nebula274 said:

Don't know if it's just me but the game crashes if I enter any battle in fullscreen both if the border is on or not. it works fine in the other windowed modes however.

Huh. It's possible I accidently hit a key adding a letter in the script but I don't think I've ever touched that segment. I'll change the note to say use default settings.

More likely this is a glitch caused by am overload and Full screen is too much causing it to crash. I don't think I can fix it.

7 minutes ago, Commander said:

Huh. It's possible I accidently hit a key adding a letter in the script but I don't think I've ever touched that segment. I'll change the note to say use default settings.

More likely this is a glitch caused by am overload and Full screen is too much causing it to crash. I don't think I can fix it.

Ok no worries. I just thought I would let you know. 

On 4/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, Commander said:

I may have inverted the randomizer which...ho boy. Try talking to the captain after Julia. I'm looking into this now.

Randomizer still doesn't work after talking to captain, after Julia

@Commander

Hi and thank your for your efforts. This mod has nice QoL improvements and is quite a challenge.

I have encountered a few bugs. One is game breaking.

At first I got the script error posted at page 10:

https://i.imgur.com/FuHyTlm.png

I fixed this myself by downloading the original Reborn 18.1 and then I copied your files over the original one afterwards the script error was gone - even with Borders on

Now my first question: Was this a good idea? Or can it come to unforeseen behavior of the game?

And during the fight with Julia I noticed that I cannot switch out Pokemon anymore, my Battle Style is permanently in Set-Mode.

This is the game breaking I mentioned bug because I absolutely cannot win anymore. 

And before you ask, I have downloaded a clean version of Redux and reinstalled it. I also tried to switch between the two Battle Styles but without any success.

I attached my savegame, I hope you or somebody else can help me.

Thank you in advance and have a nice weekend

Game.rxdata

6 hours ago, Cooltuhlu said:

@Commander

Hi and thank your for your efforts. This mod has nice QoL improvements and is quite a challenge.

I have encountered a few bugs. One is game breaking.

At first I got the script error posted at page 10:

https://i.imgur.com/FuHyTlm.png

I fixed this myself by downloading the original Reborn 18.1 and then I copied your files over the original one afterwards the script error was gone - even with Borders on

Now my first question: Was this a good idea? Or can it come to unforeseen behavior of the game?

And during the fight with Julia I noticed that I cannot switch out Pokemon anymore, my Battle Style is permanently in Set-Mode.

This is the game breaking I mentioned bug because I absolutely cannot win anymore. 

And before you ask, I have downloaded a clean version of Redux and reinstalled it. I also tried to switch between the two Battle Styles but without any success.

I attached my savegame, I hope you or somebody else can help me.

Thank you in advance and have a nice weekend

Game.rxdata 259.42 kB · 0 downloads

I'll have to take a look at it on Monday since I'm really busy right now but for the first error I'll have to get Marc to help me find the error and no replacing the graphics shouldn't hold a problem. I've only added a few anyways so it's no big deal. If a trainer sprite is missing just download redux graphics and add them in.

And as for the perma set mode the only thing I did was set it so that master fights you can't switch use shift for. I don't think it's even possible to encounter this error on Julia without it being a double battle which you can't switch anyways for doubles. Either an SWM mod is screwing with something or the scripts when full nosedive suicide if she's singles. I'll try to look at it but if someone has time try and see if it works on your file.

15 minutes ago, Outside Indoorsman said:

Minor issue of sorts, just so you know, Commander - one of the trainers in the grand hall that you fight on Sunday after beating Florinia has a late game team - (I reset after he sent out a level 83 Dragalge). Not a bug, just something you may have overlooked by accident.

Grand hall trainers are a bit too much of a pain to fix. Even if I tried to fix it now I'd have to completely redo them due to them being changed due to patreon. I thought I messed one up but Hey, that's why I added trainers in Redux HQ to battle instead. Maybe in the final version I'll raise the level of wild Pokemon and make them the same experience yield as trainers. I don't like heavy grinding but I recognize it as a necessary evil so I will alleviate it as much as possible for E19. That'd also be easy grunt work for somebody if they want to do it. Literally only takes 2-3 hours but goddamn would they be everyone's hero.

@Cooltuhlu So I did a look and...I dunno if you are using a cheating device or mods or what but the randomizer was turned off which can be turned on or off post Pulse Tangrowth so wild Pokemon are now random on your save. As for the other thing, I don't know what's going on but you had the master fight active (Julia doubles lead with Luxio and Togedemaru) which indeed does prevent switching so long as it's active. The way around it is to simply switch the gym leader fight to either the normal or alternate battle or simply win the battle. You also had it in set mode in the options so I undid that.

--------------------------------------------------

And guys, I've been testing the master file and tested it by extracting the download with WinRAR. No issues so far. So anyone who had the trainer fight crash, could you let me know what tool you used to extract the files? It's an extracting issue so maybe I need to compact it a different way.

Game.rxdata

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, I've been enjoying playing through this mod. I finally beat the Amaria Master battle about ten minutes ago. The try where I finally beat her took me about an hour, and when it showed that she was down to her last mon, I dropped to my knees, and started humming Ode To Joy. ...then immediately started weeping gently, because I remembered that the Glass Gauntlet was next. Looking forward to that part.

• 1 month later...

So I'm using some mods from the SWM mod pack, as well as some of the additional mods from Aironfaar. I'm only using a handful of them, mostly just for quality of life purposes. Pickup mod, item radar, weather mod. Just to save myself time doing things that I know my brain would make me do one way or another. But I noticed that (like you said in the read me file) the synopsis has gone away on my pause screen. I was wondering if anyone knew which mods specifically caused problems with this. I'm not really worried about the synopsis itself, but the party system sounds really interesting to me and I'd hate to miss out on it.

Alternatively, if someone could tell me when the party system becomes relevant then I could just remove all the mods at that point so I don't miss it.

13 hours ago, MDM1 Beans said:

So I'm using some mods from the SWM mod pack, as well as some of the additional mods from Aironfaar. I'm only using a handful of them, mostly just for quality of life purposes. Pickup mod, item radar, weather mod. Just to save myself time doing things that I know my brain would make me do one way or another. But I noticed that (like you said in the read me file) the synopsis has gone away on my pause screen. I was wondering if anyone knew which mods specifically caused problems with this. I'm not really worried about the synopsis itself, but the party system sounds really interesting to me and I'd hate to miss out on it.

Alternatively, if someone could tell me when the party system becomes relevant then I could just remove all the mods at that point so I don't miss it.

UnrealTime from SWM and Debug mode from @Aironfaar's Mod Box are the first suspicions that come to my mind... the weather mod from SWM could also be the cause (if the synopsis was supposed to be in the pokegear).

The best way to check would be to remove all the mods 1 by 1 until either the issue disappears or every mod is gone, so that you can have some indication on the likely culprit.

So, I tried to control myself, but it was for naught and ended up quitting Redux for a while do to work. But... I need some hints (rather significant ones) for how to unlock the hardcore building so I can fight the trainers there again. . . because it has become clear to me that I am simply not going to search the region for missing persons without clues. I am really, really bad at it, apparently. To this day all I ever found was the Shelly-lookalike, and that only after the city was refurbished. I'm just bad at noticing. And I do tend to actually be multitasking while playing, so there's that added draw from my attention as well.

Any help in this sidequest would be appreciated. Hopefully I have not missed it. I recall there was some kind of deadline point where if I didn't find someone it would be impossible to complete?

7 hours ago, Feng Lei said:

So, I tried to control myself, but it was for naught and ended up quitting Redux for a while do to work. But... I need some hints (rather significant ones) for how to unlock the hardcore building so I can fight the trainers there again. . . because it has become clear to me that I am simply not going to search the region for missing persons without clues. I am really, really bad at it, apparently. To this day all I ever found was the Shelly-lookalike, and that only after the city was refurbished. I'm just bad at noticing. And I do tend to actually be multitasking while playing, so there's that added draw from my attention as well.

Any help in this sidequest would be appreciated. Hopefully I have not missed it. I recall there was some kind of deadline point where if I didn't find someone it would be impossible to complete?

Spoiler

It has been a while since a played but where you are on the main quest? Because the only time I remember being locked out of the building was just after returning to Reborn City and I think it unlocks after you beat Andrienn.

Or do you mean the recruit people sidequest?

I just returned to the city and am ready to enter Devon. And Jonathan is missing. But I have no idea where to find him at all. And researching areas I've been to many times in my various playthroughs... not my cup of tea anymore. Especially when I lack the time.

1 hour ago, Feng Lei said:

I just returned to the city and am ready to enter Devon. And Jonathan is missing. But I have no idea where to find him at all. And researching areas I've been to many times in my various playthroughs... not my cup of tea anymore. Especially when I lack the time.

So you only need to progress with the story, he will appear on HQ after you defeat Adrienn. As fas as I know, you cannot find him earlier than that to open it for you. If you need to fight the Redux added trainers to grind, they should be in the Agate Circus, in the building on the right where you can get Vulpix trade.

Edited by TripleHHH
Mistyped some words