Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

2 hours ago, !!yxnT said:
  Hide contents

Go to train town, head south and you should see Commander. Don't pay when you're given the choice and you will fight 2 of his pokemon in a double battle. Beat him and he'll tell you some stuff about clearing Jonathan's name and ask you to meet him in Calcelon. 

Spoiler

I beated him and went to Calcenon , no Commander anywhere.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:41 PM, ArcBolt27 said:

i was recommending unaware as it makes it so when swoobat is being attacked the enemy will do less damage to u if u have buffs up (less physical damage if physical defense is buffed and vice versa) and it also lets u ignore enemy buffs as well and do more damage in the process, really useful when dealing with seeds...... believe me i know how useful simple can be but there's times where i wouldnt have won a battle if it wasnt for unaware...... if anything lightningrod can be useful in doubles against other electric types as if you team manectric up with say swoobat they will be forced to not use electric moves due to lightning rod which can help swoobat in more cases than 1... worst case scenario if its main stab hurting allies (im guessing discharge?) u can always teach it charge beam or something of that sort then u wont have to worry as much.... sure u may lose the cleave but u also gain increased surviviability in doubles which u will NEED later on 

I understood unaware is a strong ability, but did not think it would be useful on Swoobat. I'm not sure if you are explaining with Swoobat or a different unaware mon, such as Quagsire, in mind (and I appreciate you're trying not to spoil too much), but I will keep this in mind in case the combination of the types and the ability come in handy. Manectric actually appears in a battle versus Shelly. I will probably catch an electric type that learns thunderbolt or thunder though. Lightning rod and thunder paired with a rain-setter seems fun.

Shelly required a lot of preparation so it was satisfying to finally beat her. I only had 1 telluric seed at this point since I used 2 of them at Corey, and this made the fights more interesting.

Spoiler

Singles

team_shelly_singles.png.916a8000cfd6fe27806af6985e0d3613.png

Graveler was there just to lay stealth rock, and was holding persim berry for confuse ray. Dodrio was holding cheri berry for thunder wave, and had sub and quick attack in her move pool. The sub couldn't be broken by illumise. Initially, Yanmega was a massive threat: it outsped my fastest mon Swoobat, let alone Dodrio, before boost and had coverage and Z-move to threaten my entire team while being rather bulky, taking less than half from pluck. Here, thanks to rocks damage, Dodrio could pluck behind sub and quick attack to finish it off. Sudowoodo switched into rock slide from Crustle and took 2 more hits with oran berry while beating it. Swoobat with telluric seed set up to +6 before Araquanid and swept the rest of the team.

Doubles

team_shelly_doubles.png.d2bca78a00fe3d15ce812ac7faa68343.png

Nidoking and Stoutland were there just to helping hand their teammates. Notably in this version, Dodrio outsped Yanmega before boost. Moonlight on Illumise didn't seem to fit the weather. Manectric and Nidoking were holding persim berry while Dodrio and seaking metronome.

Master

team_shelly_master.png.06034fd90998dd7af72d9fa0a9855a9a.png

Dodrio and Swoobat were holding metronome, but the item on Dodrio didn't matter. Nidoking and Stoutland again were on helping hand duty. Dodrio survived Vivillon's hurricane while the latter survived helping handed pluck. Seaking needed sea insense to OHKO Armaldo while outspeeding it even with -speed nature. It came down to Galvantula in full health and Scizor in yellow health under tailwind versus my Sudowoodo behind telluric seed spiky shield and stoutland. Helping hand rock slide double KOed while stoutland went down. Yanmega was her last pokemon and Sudowoodo survived the hit due to sturdy and KOed with rock slide.

Shade had a lot of variation between teams and the master version was especially thought-provoking.

Spoiler

Singles

Metronome sucker punch from skuntank 2HKOed shandy and OHKOed the next 3 mons. I think some of them need sub, colber berry, will-o'-wisp, or some other way to play around it.

Doubles

team_shade_doubles.png.9546a6b790b938d7f6ec39a9e8d8867e.png

Toxic spikes were useful in trading pokemon since none of them bar mega-sableye went down in one helping handed supereffective hit. Dusclops was left alone since it didn't do much damage and it can be beaten by aromatisse 1v1 in the end. 2 of my mons had priority, which was useful in trick room in conjunction with helping hand. Drapion and skuntank were holding rawst berry to not get crippled by will-o'-wisp. Nidoking, stoutland, and aromatisse were holding oran berry.

Master

team_shade_master.png.846978653c1417289d7508339c9876bc.png

I couldn't figure out a way to deal significant damage to rotom-w, so I cycled stoutland and gastrodon, which baited out water and ghost type attacks respectively, while chipping it away with knock off from drapion, who held synthetic seed to gain immunity from earthquake. Even though my drapion was outsped by decidueye, she outsped chandelure to OHKO with helping handed knock off. I needed to switch out and keep drapion for this since helping handed sucker punch from skuntank missed KO. Skuntank was holding dread plate from mining. Stoutland, gastrodon, and nidoking were holding oran berry.

Edited by salgrem
will-o'-wisp as another way around sucker punch

@salgrem Believe it or not Singles Shade has a number of status moves like T-wave on Rotom, Will-O on Dusclops (could put it on Gengar but wouldn't matter as it wouldn't use it) and King's Shield on Aegislash. Early game fields are kind of odd ducks as they give benefits to leaders but unlike Rejuv, they often don't give defensive buffs to them until around Charlotte. There's very little I could do to really power shade up to handle dark types without making it ridiculously hard beating him without one. It's often why he has such a split opinion on him being a joke to him being quite a challenge.

On 2/15/2019 at 9:04 AM, Commander said:

@salgrem Believe it or not Singles Shade has a number of status moves like T-wave on Rotom, Will-O on Dusclops (could put it on Gengar but wouldn't matter as it wouldn't use it) and King's Shield on Aegislash. Early game fields are kind of odd ducks as they give benefits to leaders but unlike Rejuv, they often don't give defensive buffs to them until around Charlotte. There's very little I could do to really power shade up to handle dark types without making it ridiculously hard beating him without one. It's often why he has such a split opinion on him being a joke to him being quite a challenge.

Decided to start over with oshawott. Will abstain from sucker punching next time at Shade's.

Hi, i found this post and i'm quite interested in playing a more challenging version of Reborn, but i have 2 questions: 

1) Is it really more challenging than reborn (e.g. different pokémon for bosses and gym leaders) or just a reborn with the same pokémon with increased level?

2) I may be interested in playing a monotype, so, does the debug function work? (The one with the script file)

@chimeratech That's a hard question to answer but I can assure you that leaders have 3 fights. 1 that keeps their original style and the other two usually shake up how the battle is played. Most of the non leader bosses do tend to follow the pattern you talk about but everyone has been tweaked one way or another.

Your second question is why I don't usually give out the PBS. Since the focus is on battles I often make tinkers to the PBS file if you use it then your game would be out of date or missing content. If you have a debug version of regular reborn I'd say just start a redux file, transfer the game over to Reborn then add the Pokemon in before transferring it back over.

@!!yxnT Which route did you take? Zekrom route doesn't have a Master fight while the Reshiram route does under those conditions. Other issue could be speeding through it or using an older version. Amaria was one of the most problematic leaders for me due to how the event is laid out. This is the only way I figured how to approach it as the alternative was rewriting both sides of the event pretty much from scratch.

12 minutes ago, Commander said:

@!!yxnT Which route did you take? Zekrom route doesn't have a Master fight while the Reshiram route does under those conditions. Other issue could be speeding through it or using an older version. Amaria was one of the most problematic leaders for me due to how the event is laid out. This is the only way I figured how to approach it as the alternative was rewriting both sides of the event pretty much from scratch.

That makes sense now. I'm currently on the Zekrom Path.