Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

There's nothing really major with this update so I pretty much just am uploading the data file

here

18.4 Patch Notes

Spoiler

-Kiki's fights recieved some movepool changes

-Added a harder version of the Glass Gauntlet to challenge

-Fixed a couple typos

-Titania's Hidden Mons now give the correct mons

For anyone who wants to do the tougher glass gauntlet you'll need to do the following and it's spoilers

Spoiler

-defeat 12 of the master fights (doesn't matter which 12)

-Do the Redux HQ quest to find all the members

-Talk to a certain white haired man in the desert

If you do all of these things a certain meteor grunt will appear in the healing room. All you have to do is talk to him. Just be warned you cannot undo this change to the gauntlet if you do so.

3 hours ago, TheLonelyNihilego said:

hello I suck at computer stuff but is the way to install patches just download the Data Rar file extract it (using 7 zip) then add the data folder to Reborns reduxs data folder thanks for the help

Yep just replace the files in it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there, it's been a while. Not sure when the update will hit, but we've got an 18.5 coming right up. As for what we've got in store, it's mostly just a bunch of Master fight changes since I didn't feel the late game Master fights really met up to par for what they're considered. Let's just get the rundown:

-Serra and Ciel's Master fights are now placed on new fields. Ciel's fight is also doubles.

-Amaria and Hardy recieved roster changes

-Wide Guard AI exploit has been fixed

-Teams are now able to hold more than 6 mons

-The Slums key has been moved back slightly due to a bug

So what do I mean by teams having more than 6 mons? It simply means if you battle a trainer they can hold and send out more than 6 mons. I actually had plans a long time for the dev fights to carry 8 mons just split as 4 and 4 but this actually solves that problem in a better way. I haven't decided if the E4 besides a certain fight will all carry 8 mons instead of 6 since it's the ultimate challenge but it's an option if I really need it. Basically instead of grouping two trainers together, it'll just be a single trainer getting around that issue. As for Master fights, I know a lot of people hated the Master Serra fight due to hax, but she is the hax queen so I decided to meet in the middle so you won't have to worry about missing all your attacks on her. I'm a lot happier with new Hardy and Serra though I'm a bit sad Ciel had to get changed as I really liked the idea but it just doesn't work for so late into the game.

Some of you are probably aware of the Amaria change. I'll leave it a surprise for now but it'll probably be that one fight for a lot of you. Stay tuned for the update.

19 minutes ago, Outside Indoorsman said:

Commander probably won't be continuing Hardcore, no. My understanding is that Redux is basically a "reboot" of sorts for Hardcore.

I want to make something clear:

REDUX IS HARDCORE, BUT EXPANDED

Everything from Hardcore is in Redux to my knowledge give or take one or two minor things. There were just a lot of updates and changes and all that jazz. The reason I closed Hardcore down was that the sheer amount of work for Gen VII was demotivating as I had to edit every single fight to incorporate Gen VII. That's a lot of content and that content needs to be tested for quality. I'm only one guy.

And then there's something else I do need to talk about. Look, I get it if you don't like me or don't like Redux. That's fine. It's not hurting me at all. Heck, it might be making the mod more popular. I'm only doing this because there are people who absolutely love the work I put in to this mod and want to play it. I don't care if I'm the best or better than xxx (in fact it makes me relieved to have that pressure off my back), but this "Memeborn is better" stuff has to stop. All it's doing is hurting Memeborn and setting their expectations to do everything I do, but better. Let's just come to terms and separate these two mods, not for me, but for Memeborn. Azery does a great job on fights and I will give credit when credit is due. If you love Memeborn or Redux simply share them and explain why you like them. Making these mods especially big ones that take a lot of work can put a lot of pressure on people because there's a small niche of people interested in them. These things take work and it's so easy to be fatigued. It might be fun and games now but once a year passes it gets rough and so easy to not want to do it. I can't say there will be an E19 Memeborn and heck I can't even promise an E19 Redux. So I want you to just think about what you're saying when talking about any mod.

You can criticize any mods you want. I have my personal dislikes of SWM because I really dislike hacking and cheating when it comes to playing games. There are some absolutely phenomenal mods and features in there that blow anything I do out of the water which are a part of it. There's good work done by all kinds of people. And while being the only one doing modding would most benefit me, I'd rather there be too many mods than too little. So can we all cut this "Better than" crap out and just focus on supporting stuff we like and give feedback to make them better. I know it's only a couple people but it only takes 1 to push someone enough not to want to do this anymore.

And no, I don't want sympathy as I said, this doesn't affect me at all. I find it amusing if anything at all. Think of it merely as advice to help keep what you love and enjoy around.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's 18.6:

Download

Changelog

Spoiler

-Solarance has a different theme

-Proof of Concept Altered Path has been added (everything has been completed but not finalized)

-Amaria, Serra, Titania, Ciel, and Hardy Master fights have been edited/changed

-moved the slums key back a little bit due to a glitch

-randomizer has been fixed

• Like 3

something ive been curious about for a while is i know this mod has (or at least did, not sure if its changed in updates but when it comes to that whole invisible ally follower mechanic, where exactly do we go to activate them once acquired? i only acquired 1 as far as i can remember but have no clue how to activate them or w/e so they can fight alongside me............ tho i did manage to beat all 17 current gyms without their help but even so at least knowing how to activate them or w/e it would be called would help for future runs..............

note i may have skipped over the instructions for it at some point so i apologize if i overlooked something so simple and as such asked a stupid question

5 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

something ive been curious about for a while is i know this mod has (or at least did, not sure if its changed in updates but when it comes to that whole invisible ally follower mechanic, where exactly do we go to activate them once acquired? i only acquired 1 as far as i can remember but have no clue how to activate them or w/e so they can fight alongside me............ tho i did manage to beat all 17 current gyms without their help but even so at least knowing how to activate them or w/e it would be called would help for future runs..............

note i may have skipped over the instructions for it at some point so i apologize if i overlooked something so simple and as such asked a stupid question

The party system is finding them in the overworld and you can switch to them using the party system in the menu. Teaming up with them only happens for two fights. 

• 3 weeks later...

Spoiler

After a lot of searching to no avail I have all but given up on finding the white-haired man in the desert in order to unlock the hard mode glass factory gauntlet, is there any prerequisites needed for it or any hints at all as to where he may be?

@LightBF Train Town. I'm not that cruel to make you search through the whole desert. I might try to make the hint a little more obvious for E19.

Other than that event, there's a guy you need to talk to in the Glass Factory by the healing machine in the southeast corner. If you did enough master fights, they'll appear there. I make these things tricky to do for a reason.