Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

4 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

@Commander I got script error at the beginning of the game ( Just when i'm eager to play due to i finally have time to play )

https://i.imgur.com/FuHyTlm.png

Are you using mods or a custom sprite? That could be the error but I'll take a look. Seems like something messing with the scripts but that'll be fun if it's a my side error.

2 hours ago, Commander said:

Are you using mods or a custom sprite? That could be the error but I'll take a look. Seems like something messing with the scripts but that'll be fun if it's a my side error.

Yeah, i do use mods. Here's the mod list :

• BagSortByType
  • FindInPC
  • InfiniteBackups
  • ItemRadar
  • LearnEggMoves
  • MultiSelectPC
  • NoTMXAnimations
  • NoTMXNeeded
  • PickupQoL
  • PredictRelationshipValues
  • SetWeather
  • SharedPC
  • ShowStatBoosts
  • TypeBattleIcons

That's it. If most of the mods are the cause, i guess i can delete them. Tho i don't want do delete LearnEggMoves, SharedPC and InfiniteBackups ( they could help me re-open my breeding business, someday, maybe )

12 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Yeah, i do use mods. Here's the mod list :

Aaaaaaaand this is why @Commander was considering the removal of mod compatibility XD
Hope you don't mind if I hop in briefly on this...

First of all you should remove all the mods and check if you still get that error.
Then, add them back one at a time until you get the error.
Then try again with just that one suspect installed (just to double check).
What happens then depends on the cause of the error: either you will simply go without that mod, or none of the mods is the cause and @Commander will fix the error.

(Fixing an eventual mod incompatibility could be a difficult matter, because of how extensive Redux is and because of it still being in development.)

5 minutes ago, Waynolt said:

Aaaaaaaand this is why @Commander was considering the removal of mod compatibility XD

First of all you should remove them all and check if you still get that error.
Then, add them back one at a time until you get the error.
Then try again with just that one suspect installed (just to double check).
What happens then depends on the cause of the error: either you will simply go without that mod, or none of the mods is the cause and @Commander will fix the error.

(Fixing an eventual mod incompatibility could be a difficult matter, because of how extensive Redux is and because of it still being in development.)

Welp.... yeah, i guess. I'll play for fun i guess. I'll consider to just ignore about the potential of returning to breeding business for now XD.

Edit : Nvm. The error's still there, even without any mods at all.

Edit2 : @Commander, just mention me if you're gonna need my save file ( tho i could say it's kinda a brand new file [ just after i picked my starter ])

6 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Welp.... yeah, i guess. I'll play for fun i guess. I'll consider to just ignore about the potential of returning to breeding business for now XD.

If I have to guess, the most probable cause would be ItemRadar, because of how its sprites are added.
You could start with removing that one.

Scratch that: the error relates to a battle, which means it could be also caused by TypeBattleIcons or ShowStatBoosts.

13 minutes ago, DemICE said:

I ran through all of redux with Item Radar so .. its not that one.

My bad, hadn't read the whole message... the error relates to a battle, which means it could also be caused by TypeBattleIcons or ShowStatBoosts.
(Blt is a function that belongs to images, which means the error could be caused by one of the mods altering the graphics)

EDIT: Thanks for the pic!
It removes ShowStatBoosts as a suspect, which leaves us with TypeBattleIcons as a prime candidate for removal.

EDIT2: @Ainz Ooal Gown's edit removes TypeBattleIcons too as a suspect:

Edit : Nvm. The error's still there, even without any mods at all.

Edit2 : @Commander, just mention me if you're gonna need my save file ( tho i could say it's kinda a brand new file [ just after i picked my starter ])

(My my, this series of posts is starting to look like the X-Men Movies' timeline. 😮😆)

I'll take a look at it. I have a couple ideas what could be causing it. @Ainz Ooal Gown might be hard to replicate so that save my help. PM it to me.

Edit: I just checked the master copy and it worked 100% find for me so it's not what I thought it was. @Waynolt I think it might be because a VS sprite is missing because that will cause a crash, but anyways, I really need to make a list of compatible mods because this happens a few times too many.

Heyho peeps,

Hope that i'm not beating on a dead horse here, but I found something rather strange.

I just now updated the version 18.2 to version 18.6 (im just before the fight with Solaris at the Vulcano) and when I went back to the cave at the grand stairway to catch some new Pokemon, at first I could not believe my luck, I encountered a TEPIG...

After that I encountered a Horsea!... than a Machop!... (and a Dampa and a Wishiwashi, Aipom, Pikachu)... this was when I thought that I might post these encounters on here, since (I guess) they are somehow part of an error, or arent they. Are you supposed to get these?! Im not using any kind of mod.

Feedback would be appreciated! 🙂

have a nice day y'all

PS: could it be i'm on sort of a randomizer, which did not work in 18.2 or starts to kick in after the Fight with Kiki? I'm fadely remembering agreeing to something of that kind on the Train in the intro part.

Edited by Conkeldurp

50 minutes ago, Conkeldurp said:

Heyho peeps,

Hope that i'm not beating on a dead horse here, but I found something rather strange.

I just now updated the version 18.2 to version 18.6 (im just before the fight with Solaris at the Vulcano) and when I went back to the cave at the grand stairway to catch some new Pokemon, at first I could not believe my luck, I encountered a TEPIG...

After that I encountered a Horsea!... than a Machop!... (and a Dampa and a Wishiwashi, Aipom, Pikachu)... this was when I thought that I might post these encounters on here, since (I guess) they are somehow part of an error, or arent they. Are you supposed to get these?! Im not using any kind of mod.

Feedback would be appreciated! 🙂

have a nice day y'all

PS: could it be i'm on sort of a randomizer, which did not work in 18.2 or starts to kick in after the Fight with Kiki? I'm fadely remembering agreeing to something of that kind on the Train in the intro part.

That DEFINITELY sounds like the randomizer. There should be a captain in Redux HQ you can use to turn it off. I finally fixed it after months.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Commander said:

I'll take a look at it. I have a couple ideas what could be causing it. @Ainz Ooal Gown might be hard to replicate so that save my help. PM it to me.

Edit: I just checked the master copy and it worked 100% find for me so it's not what I thought it was. @Waynolt I think it might be because a VS sprite is missing because that will cause a crash, but anyways, I really need to make a list of compatible mods because this happens a few times too many.

Here you go @Commander

Game.rxdata

6 hours ago, Commander said:

@Ainz Ooal Gown I tested everything on my end and it worked just fine. I'm guessing either the download went capoopy on you or a mod is causing an issue. Try a clean installation then let me know if it works just fine then or not.

It's probably exclusively error for me, as i downloaded the game again, and played from the freshly downloaded game, and still got the error. Will it cause problem if i play the save file with normal Reborn until i pass the event where the error occures?

3 minutes ago, Commander said:

(Plays jeopardy music) Let me check:

Nope. I made only minor text changes for Victoria due to her having Tepig in Redux

@Ainz Ooal Gown I think you should be fine trying that.

Nvm. It happens every goddamn battle ( tried to battle the one that guards Opal bridge and the error happened ). I guess i can't play Redux for now : ')

Edit : I chose item ban at the start of the game. That might be the cost???

40 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Nvm. It happens every goddamn battle ( tried to battle the one that guards Opal bridge and the error happened ). I guess i can't play Redux for now : ')

Just to make sure it's a clean file with no mods on a PC (not Mac). I can't figure out what's causing the crashes because it doesn't crash on my computer.

4 minutes ago, Commander said:

Just to make sure it's a clean file with no mods on a PC (not Mac). I can't figure out what's causing the crashes because it doesn't crash on my computer.

Hmm..... i did delete the Mods folder and it still happens. Will it cause error if i'm gonna use the old Scripts.rxdata? Idc at this point if i won't be able to use mods.

Edit : Nvm, even with old Scripts.rxdata and no mods, it still happens. I guess i ran out of luck. Tho the normal game works fine.

Hmm..... i did delete the Mods folder and it still happens. Will it cause error if i'm gonna use the old Scripts.rxdata? Idc at this point if i won't be able to use mods.

Edit : Nvm, even with old Scripts.rxdata and no mods, it still happens. I guess i ran out of luck. Tho the normal game works fine.

I REPLICATED THE ERROR! It seems however you extracted the files (or didn't I assume) didn't extract what was needed causing the crash. I think most people use 7zip to unzip rar files.

1 minute ago, Commander said:

I REPLICATED THE ERROR! It seems however you extracted the files (or didn't I assume) didn't extract what was needed causing the crash. I think most people use 7zip to unzip rar files.

U wut? I used WinRAR ;_;. Seriously? The app that's mostly designed to extract winrar failed to do that? Let me try to use another extractor.

U wut? I used WinRAR ;_;. Seriously? The app that's mostly designed to extract winrar failed to do that? Let me try to use another extractor.

Basically what I did to replicate the error was go inside the zip folder, double click on the game, and then the crash would happen. Now if I knew what part was causing the problem then this would be easier.

Edit: do me a favor and take a vanilla reborn copy and transfer all the graphics from that game (drag and drop) to replace the existing graphics in the Redux copy. That might be the issue here.

3 minutes ago, Commander said:

Basically what I did to replicate the error was go inside the zip folder, double click on the game, and then the crash would happen. Now if I knew what part was causing the problem then this would be easier.

And it's just the same. 7zip, same problem. Same error when about to enter battle.

9 minutes ago, Commander said:

@Ainz Ooal Gown Do me a huge favor and replace the Redux graphic's folder with Normal reborn's graphics folder. I think this is a case of missing animations error. If that resolves it then it'll be easy to work from.

Alright, will do. I'll let you know in few minutes.

@Commander Replaced, and it works fine. Now i have no idea why. Mods' not the culprit, nor Animation ( which if it is, then it makes sense, considering what Waynolt and you said ). 

Here's the pic of similar error https://imgur.com/nv67Fsa