Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

1 hour ago, Commander said:

The original song used was a KH one by glitch city which there was a long period of silence causing some confusion. It was changed merely to avoid that. I forget when that happened. Anyways, the only downloadable version up is the latest and only really leader tweaks happened in the last few ones.

So hearing glitchXcity Cythnia remix is the right music but there is no pause when the song ends and starts again?

Edited by TheLonelyNihilego
Forgot to add something

Wow serra in master fight in almost unbeatable, the field make blizzard so OP, plus the freeze/cc/flinch it's broken.

I have make a team strat only to hope win, i'm at my 100+ try and still not win, i hope a cc/hax in my side

Yep, me again. So. I found the guy at the train station, but then a certain fun character tells me that gang members are looking for work.

After searching dutifully for such gang members at all hours of the day everywhere, I decided the reference was to the Team Aqua/Magma job app search. But. I have gotten everyone done but the guy in the elevator (Doing Team Aqua, by the way), and can't seem to find the one application he needs. Not sure why. Did this on my own before. Before I continue with that, I must ask: is this even what A Certain Fun Character referenced? Because Archer will be the only one left and he goes to Silph last I checked... the Reborn App doesn't give me the option of handing it out either. And I see no other gangful looking people around but Aqua and a few Magma grunts who insult my beautiful pixelated eyes.

47 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

Yep, me again. So. I found the guy at the train station, but then a certain fun character tells me that gang members are looking for work.

After searching dutifully for such gang members at all hours of the day everywhere, I decided the reference was to the Team Aqua/Magma job app search. But. I have gotten everyone done but the guy in the elevator (Doing Team Aqua, by the way), and can't seem to find the one application he needs. Not sure why. Did this on my own before. Before I continue with that, I must ask: is this even what A Certain Fun Character referenced? Because Archer will be the only one left and he goes to Silph last I checked... the Reborn App doesn't give me the option of handing it out either. And I see no other gangful looking people around but Aqua and a few Magma grunts who insult my beautiful pixelated eyes.

You're right on the money there. If you've done the CoM you'd recognize the 4 people you're searching for. I don't remember which one he is off the top of my head but if you need help, I can probably look it up. I'll just tell you there's another one down there as well to save you some time.

7 hours ago, rykh said:

Wow serra in master fight in almost unbeatable, the field make blizzard so OP, plus the freeze/cc/flinch it's broken.

I have make a team strat only to hope win, i'm at my 100+ try and still not win, i hope a cc/hax in my side

Serra recieved a revamp since everybody was more aggrevated of how annoying her fight was over it being difficult. Turns out this change was a bit too good as even pros seem to struggle. there's a lot you can do and if you change the field, it'll go back to mirror which cripples her a bit. Up to you how you approach this. She'll probably get toned down a bit...again if she's still causing too many people too many problems since she's still one of the early leaders.

--------------------------------------------------------------

And now for a little bit of news. So I pretty much am responsible for any time some big issue comes up with the follower mod to fix it. I mean I can be a jerk and tell you to live with it, but where's the fun in that. Also means I have to deal with fighting the glitches myself and then complaint after complaint of people having problems. It's just easier to fix it. So today's problem was that healing at sites could cause crashes. So instead of doing just that, we're overachievers here at Redux HQ. Here's a demonstration of what I did to solve the issue:

Spoiler

Before anyone complains about ugly sprites, that's the least of my worries. Anyone could hop on, spend an hour, and replace that at any phase in testing since it takes like 2 minutes to test on a slow day. Basically, what I'm demonstrating here is that I hope you like your partner because you are stuck with them for life (or just press ctrl). In the original follower mod (or at least what I got), you had to run back to a Pokemon Center to get your buddy back. I had to do some tweaking but I simplified the process so it now lets them respawn back out the last healing place you interacted with. It does not matter if you heal them or not as I have shown. You'll never have to worry about activating the mons again. Except when this all migrates to E19 which that'll be fun times ahead. I'm going to write in big letters "YOU NEED TO DEACTIVATE THE FOLLOWER" and still have people asking me to fix the glitch.

The other big milestone change I hope to accomplish is the sheer amount of toggling in and out of the Pokeball for the follower mon. It's a bit annoying when going through doors or even going to a new map it'll randomly spawn in and out, but it might end up being a wee bit too difficult to implement without causing more issues with the scripts. Person did a great job getting the mod this far, but as Reborn improves, why can't this as well. This also will be the last big feature I bring to Redux so I don't just want it to be good. I want to absolutely nail it unlike the last few things.

So. Immediately after posting, I found the construction worker and got Mannie his job. Then got Archer to Hardcore. But. I... can't find the last person for the job requests. Commanderrrr, I mean, DefinitelyAme said somewhere without people, but there are a very large number of places that are even more isolated than Train Town, and there's no new NPC in Train Town. So, help again?

And please tell me where specifically in Byxbysion this person may be, should they be in that awful place. Gives me nightmares just thinking about it if that's the place.

29 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

So. Immediately after posting, I found the construction worker and got Mannie his job. Then got Archer to Hardcore. But. I... can't find the last person for the job requests. Commanderrrr, I mean, DefinitelyAme said somewhere without people, but there are a very large number of places that are even more isolated than Train Town, and there's no new NPC in Train Town. So, help again?

And please tell me where specifically in Byxbysion this person may be, should they be in that awful place. Gives me nightmares just thinking about it if that's the place.

Spoiler

I think you see him on the way to Aya's house. Should be an Ace Trainer.

14 hours ago, Commander said:

Serra recieved a revamp since everybody was more aggrevated of how annoying her fight was over it being difficult. Turns out this change was a bit too good as even pros seem to struggle. there's a lot you can do and if you change the field, it'll go back to mirror which cripples her a bit. Up to you how you approach this. She'll probably get toned down a bit...again if she's still causing too many people too many problems since she's still one of the early leaders.

Maybe without change the field, you can change the access to some specifics pokemons to beat her.

Like give another shiny stone to grant access to cincico who can pretty much OS some of their pokemons (already have one in aruzine island, but some players have used this stone for Roserade).

Or introduce some pokemons combat with great power (hitmonchan and co), before the actual access (nature center for trade, right after serra).

15 hours ago, Commander said:
  Hide contents

I think you see him on the way to Aya's house. Should be an Ace Trainer.

*Pulls out hair*

My Dusclops will find you...

Oh, and The Amaria fight is something I've dreamt of for a long, long time. Thank you for making my dream come true! Now I just have to figure out how to beat her. I actually did very well with just my Lanturn and Cradily. You know what? I think maybe all this time Amaria's despair is merely an unaddressed subconscious fear of Cradilies. It must have been painful living with Florinia, waking up to sensing that prehistoric monstrosity's primal hunger for modern seafood radiating from that ball. Its no wonder she's broken beyond repair.  

Just want to confirm ..  I ( the MC) could make a party with each of the character that I have battled and teamed up with at least once  without  a limitation number of party members (like I could have a party with all of em in it )  . Is that true?

Sooooo. I beat the Gauntlet. But I did not fight Henry or anyone new? The Pokemon were different. And harder, especially Cain and Shelly, but in the end I switched to my Rock team and it did prevail with all the fury of the ancient world.

And I feel like there was supposed to be more? I went back to an old backup save and talked to Henry again, but this time asked him to undo what I had done, and he gave some speech about activating the event by talking to him... which I had made certain to do when I first played through the gauntlet. So did I manage to do the harder gauntlet or did I mess up somewhere? And when I say "made sure to do this when I first played", I mean talk to him. But the initial time I said "no" don't undo what I'd done. And so I assumed I'd activated it there.

Also, thank you Commander, Redux was amazing. It was just as hard as I expected. It would have broken me if not for my rocks +revival herbs*. Many of those. But not so many as one would expect. Twin Aerodactyl power is something else. Also, I fought Hardy. Thank you for giving him a trick room team. It was brutal. Exactly as deadly as I envisioned. If only it had been a tripple battle and I could see just how his original strategy worked. But the fight was intense. I loved how the Lunatone seemed to know when to shift dimensions to normal so that he always went faster.

The Master fight was half joke, half nightmare. His Alolan Dugtrio did the work for me. I very, very heavily suggest and request that thing be replaced by standard Dug with Arena Trap. Or something else. quaking his own Mega Tyranitar was just a little too easy to exploit. Especially with Aerodactyl and protect wielding pokemon. My only other suggestion is make sure his Kabutops has either weak armor/life orb or something similar to assist it in sweeping. Was it even using an item? I know it would only do some much because Kabutops, but still. . .

Overall, fantastic. It was grueling and terrifying in a good way. Amaria was the best gym battle. All 30 of her team was one heck of a gauntlet. Kind of disappointed the other two gym leaders (Radomus and Serra didn't have 12 on them so I had to fight 24 of their team, honestly.) Funny how the strongest of all those thirty still turned out to be that blasted Seismitoad. I was like, ".... just. die. already. Please." Funny how I won most of my fights in my first Reborn playthrough with mostly Seismitoad as my winning ace. Until I discovered Minimized Stored Power Clefable. 😄

As one who really enjoyed your Rejuvenation playthrough/critique, might I suggest... heck, I'll just be honest and say request, since the effect's the same - suggest, ahem, that you play through Desolation?

*This post was funded in part by Meganium Medical Group Inc. (MMGI) The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect MMGI opinions or endorsements concerning controversial topics. But it does endorse its products. By them today in a Ward near you.

@Feng Lei If Cain used Mega Beedrill then you did the right fight. But Armadia was one of the last fights I did due to the master fight not delivering. For Hardy I would make TR his master fight but it does have issues. I jacked these Pokemon up like crazy and he's still not at the level he should be. He's on my list to redo and fix. Most leaders are not at there best until like release 4-5 of that leader.

As for Deso, there's complications to that. I don't like touching projects unless I know they are very likely going to complete it. I might do a miniseries version at best. But I have to get the follower mod working. And I have to go back and fix all the healing centers I did over a trivial error. I only work on it two days of the week so it will be a while. I don't think there's much needed to hammer it all out.

(Suggestions on the complaint above about Hardy's master fight, and Commander's response)

Maybe you should switch the field for the Master fight to Cave, or Desert, or Mountain, then? I mean, the Rocky field can be kind of... well, I guess it's just not the best field. Actually, Florinia might be able to make better use of it strategically, I think, than Hardy did.

Suggestions! A Desert field composed of Rock-Ground types (Double 50% Special Defense increase, maybe more with items) and a Sandstorm plus bulky pokemon would be a pretty tough nut to crack defensively, I think. The Mountain also boosts Flying types (Almost Hardy's second specialty type) and boosts Tailwind, and the Cave collapsing could be a good way of knocking only your pokemon out, with the right setup and pokemon abilities (Rock Head. Plus the Sound moves boost is fitting for Hardy's rockstar theme).

If you actually gave Amaria a full 30 pokemon army and those videos on Youtube weren't just jokes, then (aside from the "Dear God this is going to be horrible when/if I get there..." exclamation (seriously, did you?)) well, giving Hardy Stealth Rock and Sandstorm at the start of the battle against you might not be the worst start, I guess. Or having Trick Room set up automatically for him, or something?

• Upvote 1

I'd like to know, is there a way to fix it so that I am asked to switch Pokemon after KOing my opponent's Pokemon in battle after I beat Florinia? I'm on Shift, for Battle Style but it's as if it were on Set.

I had this happen to a friend, he said the Shift style works again after beating Corey, but is there a way to fix it before then?

47 minutes ago, TheTT said:

I'd like to know, is there a way to fix it so that I am asked to switch Pokemon after KOing my opponent's Pokemon in battle after I beat Florinia? I'm on Shift, for Battle Style but it's as if it were on Set.

I had this happen to a friend, he said the Shift style works again after beating Corey, but is there a way to fix it before then?

Oh. Huh. That happens whenever you do Master fights since I force set mode on them. You should revert back to normal after beating them but if my pea brain had an oversight then I either forgot to turn it off or you haven't beaten the fight. There are two ways to fix this:

1) Change the leader fight to anything but the master fight

2) Walk in and out of HCHQ (New place in Obsidia Ward by the department store)

If your game is acting up, just walk in and out of either HCHQ (or is it called Redux HQ) or the Eastern Gate of Agate Circus. That's a safety check in case something gets screwed up and can reset it such as field overrides.

7 hours ago, Outside Indoorsman said:

Currently, as I can recall they are there as a sort of cosmetic award for defeating a Master battle. Also, if you have enough of them (12 total, if I remember right), you can challenge an even harder version of the Glass Gauntlet.

There's 19 of 20 in the game right now. They do give a little bit of an Easter Egg bonus if you collect them and do a quest and you get a special prize if you get all 19 available. Mostly just for trophy showcasing. There is something for getting all 20 but it's not anything you couldn't get already. It just makes it much, much easier to get that reward.

9 hours ago, Outside Indoorsman said:

(Suggestions on the complaint above about Hardy's master fight, and Commander's response)

Maybe you should switch the field for the Master fight to Cave, or Desert, or Mountain, then? I mean, the Rocky field can be kind of... well, I guess it's just not the best field. Actually, Florinia might be able to make better use of it strategically, I think, than Hardy did.

Suggestions! A Desert field composed of Rock-Ground types (Double 50% Special Defense increase, maybe more with items) and a Sandstorm plus bulky pokemon would be a pretty tough nut to crack defensively, I think. The Mountain also boosts Flying types (Almost Hardy's second specialty type) and boosts Tailwind, and the Cave collapsing could be a good way of knocking only your pokemon out, with the right setup and pokemon abilities (Rock Head. Plus the Sound moves boost is fitting for Hardy's rockstar theme).

If you actually gave Amaria a full 30 pokemon army and those videos on Youtube weren't just jokes, then (aside from the "Dear God this is going to be horrible when/if I get there..." exclamation (seriously, did you?)) well, giving Hardy Stealth Rock and Sandstorm at the start of the battle against you might not be the worst start, I guess. Or having Trick Room set up automatically for him, or something?

Amaria was a joke and then I said why not and had to fight the AI to make it work. She really likes to kill things including the AI. As for Hardy, that's on my backlog if I get around to it. I get you guys want me to polish the game as much as possible but there's only so much I can do before it becomes tedious and annoying. It's just a fight. I have to get everything else working and finished (the holes I dig myself into) before looking at less important stuff. E19 content is the top priority when the game releases and before that it's the follower mod. 

On 7/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, Dragonslayer7500 said:

The randomizer is off but its broken and its still on, how do i fix it?

I thought I fixed the event but I guess it's still broken. Uh just PM me a save and I'll try to get back to it Friday or something. It would probably be faster to bug someone on discord with it. 

1 hour ago, rykh said:

Hi,

I went to the pokemon psychologist, and he repeat his phrase "do come arround ..... heart scale ....".

I have 5 heart scale and i can't change my pokemon nature, is this normal ?

I thought it was 7 were required. Oh well. I'll probably just change it to be password restricted in Redux for E19. You'll be able to input the passwords but you'll have to find them. Have fun. I really do not like the nature changer.

12 minutes ago, Commander said:

I thought it was 7 were required. Oh well. I'll probably just change it to be password restricted in Redux for E19. You'll be able to input the passwords but you'll have to find them. Have fun. I really do not like the nature changer.

Curious to why you changed it from the 3 it was updated to

Ok, but i can understand the 3, to avoid the easy-repeat mode, but 7 is accessible only with luvdisc farming.

I dont think promote farming is a good option, so maybe your idea with a password is better ? We will see

• Veterans
7 minutes ago, Productofboredom said:

Just a quick question. If you utilize this mod, is it possible to "revert" to a unmodded Reborn run (or vice versa) or would that cause save file corruption? 

nah, everything should be fine from my own experiences.