Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

10 minutes ago, SilentEevee said:

Hey, quick question? How do you turn off the randomizer? I tried talking to the Captain but it doesn't seem to work.

Update: Took a look at the code in RPGXP, specifically the Captain's code. Apparently, under the 'No' option for the randomizer, the control switch for it was left to ON. Flipping this seems to have solved the problem. I had to use the PBS files uploaded, which weren't for 18.6 just yet, so hopefully it won't pose too much of an issue, but currently I'm not encountering any problems.

• 1 month later...

....................................................................................................................

Nobody:.............

Not a single person:..........

Commander:....Let's give an update on something I'll regret saying in the future

So you know how Reborn is officially going to have an Easy and Hard mode, guess what Redux is not going to have? If you ever think I'm going to make an easy mode, you clearly don't know me. I have gone beyond space and time into the dark abyss of insanity to the point nothing is going to get easier. Well neither of these are technically official but...I feel like people will be really, really happy with this since it technically has been on the table but I just was only going to do it for E19. Just makes things easier....but more work. So let me break down what the two modes most likely will be:

-Master Mode: First off, I will answer the question everyone is thinking: no. There isn't a mode dedicated to master fights. Gym leaders are not affected by this mode and will be the exact same difficulty regardless of which mode you play on. What this mode will do is adjust everything else to be much, much more difficult compared to what normal Redux is. Random trainers won't changes but your friends like Cain, Blake, and good ole Sigmund won't be holding back as much so prepare for some shocking changes as I won't have to hold back as much given people choose to do this. In reality, this is just me buffing every boss who isn't a leader given I have to put something in those new slots.

-Xtreme Mode: I haven't finalized this mode, but I kind of want to do something made for NG+ but at the same time leave it open ended for the masochists. Basically all this mode would more or less do is take all those postgame fights and adjust them to be fights in the main story. I may adjust all the mon levels down to level 5 in NG+ so that people can play with some old faves or make some new ones. Think of this as a lightly tested bonus instead of the ultimate challenge. Also the name is a play-on of the X-league

Also god help me when I get that new PBS trainer text. I'm going to have to undo everything I did so that I can redo it in a way it can be redone to do this. In other words, I'm making mac and cheese shapes out of spaghetti. There's a lot of little things to do on my plate as you can see BUT I can't promise any release with the new AI. Just that I may be working on Redux in the shadows now that I have a much, much longer list to get done...including that follower mod which one day will get done. Just not today.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So i just found a minor bug.

Spoiler

In Tanzan meteor base a grunt has chandelier immune to psychic type moves. I don't know if this applies to all other chandelure or not.

Ignore this it turned out to be a zoroark

Edited by Yahiro
Wrote mistake

Hey. First of all, i love this mod, the increased difficulty is really nice, the master modes for gym battles are really fun, already beat Julia 9 on the firs try, though.

But, I'd like to ask something. Do you have something like a spreadsheet of all the changed events? You know, for planning teams and all that stuff...

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, TheLonelyNihilego said:

This happened to me as well seems to be a glitch with full screen mode once I made not full screen all battle worked fine 

Yeah I found out the game does not like having the border on apparently, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

@Frozenwolf94 I'll look into it but I can't promise I can identify the culprit. Lots of random little changes occur and something I just miss stuff.

So it's been like 3 months since I made an update. What have I been doing all this time? Nothing. Honestly, it's mostly just been waiting for E19 development to cool off which seems like we're at that point. I decided to get my butt into gear on Sunday and start the pain in the butt migration process and testing. Oh boy is it always fun to test things over. Anyways, here's a little sneak peak of what to expect on the next release:

Spoiler

That is the first peak at Redux 18.7 when it drops. I'm not going to talk about much but I guess I can drop a few little pieces. I had to redo the no items system a bit since there is a new difficulty mode coming. In the E19 release there are difficulty modes so think of this as getting your hands early on the harder Redux fights. As I said before this DOES NOT affect the gym leader fights at all. Those are more or less finalized and this is more for people who just think most of the game is a joke and really want more challenging fights. There are things exclusive to this hard mode because I always felt people should be rewarded for taking harder difficulties and not punished being forced to deal with easier fights.

And to answer some obvious questions coming my way. No, I'm not trying to be memeborn or tap into the crowd. I just know there were a lot of people who were hoping for more fights and something I planned for E19 is being incorporated so I'll just do it for all the fights because it's easier then the alternative. Yes, the game does feel smoother after the update. Yes, the follower mod will be finished in 18.7. Yes, I did give Victoria Flame Charge like a mad lad. And for the last question: all of them.

But real talk. Theoretically, I could have used the normal Redux files to do the conversion over but that is missing a number of fixes the follower mod version did. And we're about 90% done with converting it over as well. Just a couple things I missed because I'm an idiot and forgot to put labels onto them. Uberbug, disobedience, and the EV error fix is all I'm missing (and a couple pics). Only thing is I did have to sacrifice the Magikarp even for Game-Z. RIP Magikarp. That's a pretty big package and it's going to take me quite a long while before I can drop a release so I may drop a couple dev videos of things to help pass the time. Other minor things people can look forward to:

-Aya is getting a new Alt fight (old one will be considered a Masters fight as well)

-Charlotte is getting a new Alt fight (Current alt is replacing normal)

-Zerk Path Amaria is getting a Master fight (chosen from menu)

-Resh Path Amaria will alt between the three fights after the second loss

-New Way to unlock Amaria's Master fight (previous way will still work)

-Mystery Egg Changes

-Slight Continuation of the Redux HQ sidequest

The last thing is that 18.7 will be the last set of major changes until E19 drops. This is all the content I'm unleashing before the last episode. Once Reborn is fully released, nothing Pre Hardy is going to change. Dat's it. No more revisions other than bugs. No additional features. This is due to E19 probably going to be an absolute bitch to make at least 20 fights on top of all the fights coming in the main-game (I ain't doing postgame). In addition now that lag is less of an issue, would you want me to bring back the axed Park Forest? Could make it a hard mode feature as well. Really up to you guys. Feel free to ask questions before then.

• 2 weeks later...

I know people are asking questions and sorry I don't get to them. Yes Corey's Crobat has a brightpowder (I blame the person in charge for that decision) and party system is unlocked in the menu once you get a certain NPC next to grand hall. Now for the actual post

----------------------------------------------

So here's the link to 18.7 which oh boy, there's quite a load here for a changelog and also putting the link at the bottom so that you guys will at least READ the changelog

Spoiler

-Pokemon follower system has been added (talk to goomy in Grand Hall to Deactivate if needed)

-Custom follower tweaks have been added up through Episode 8 (Serra)

-A new harder difficulty mode has been added up through Episode 2 (Florinia)

-Exp All has been added to the game

-All features from Reborn's 18.3 have been implemented (improved AI and better performance)

-An improved field override system has slowly been implemented (will rework events over time with Hard Mode)

-Added the custom Cain scene in Coral Ward back

So there's good news and bad news about 18.7. Good news is that everything has been converted over and the Redux you know and love is on a better system. The bad news is that the better copy had the follower mons so you don't have a choice and probably never will because I put way too much time fixing the follower mod. Also I'm probably going to disappoint people but I'll probably only make a simplified follower mod for normal Reborn and all the custom stuff will remain Redux exclusive because it's so tangled up with everything that separating it now is almost nigh impossible without adding weeks of work. I like and hate it. It works. It no longer breaks the game (I hope) and everyone is going to have to live with it.

Now for the Hard mode. This is meant to go with Reborn's challenge mode. Hard mode is...different than you might think. The best way I can put it is that it's not something you see a lot with games or even at all. Some games do it the way I did it but those are few and far inbetween. Think of Normal mode of Redux being me designing the game within the boundaries Ame created. Hard mode is me not restricting myself to those limitations that most people would forcefully work with. This means that it's a lot more work so I originally planned to try and get an episode done a week but that's honestly unrealistic even with having more time to work on modding. That's going to take a long time. So it's silly for you guys to wait a year to play a better version of a game that's already been updated. I also do want a little bit of feedback on the hard mode to see how people like it. And before anyone says anything, I'm not trying to be Memeborn. I've always done my own thing and still will.

So here's the download link

5 hours ago, xdwd said:

hello I would like to know how we activate the exp sall because me when I start the fight my rival to 3 three pokemon and that bug please

You go to the key item and click on expall to turn it on

Well that demo was a lot harder than I expected but I enjoyed the level of difficulty a lot, had to change the team up a little in order to beat Fern/florinia. I don't envy the amount of work you have given yourself after looking at how much you change even the random npc fights (that shiinotic can burn in hell). Really liked the changes to the starter movesets, sure some are far better than others at the start but perfect balance is overrated. I'm not sure what madness drove you to design the scraggy gang fight that way but props for originality, good fun. I didn't really notice any major bugs, some minor stuff like the fishing animation not visible, following pokemon not updating immediately when sending first pokemon to pc after capturing a wild pokemon/switching parties but those are ignorable.

These are the teams I ended up using for master florina/julia.

Florinia Team.png

Julia Team.png

• Upvote 1

Hi, I created an account solely to ask that question actually as I started to play the game a few days ago. It looks very nice.
I'm just wondering because the level cap does not seem to be activated, I could beat Florina with levels 30+ without any disobedience. Is that normal ?
I read above that for the hard mode you had planned to get out of the limitations the main game had, as I chose to play that mode from the very beginning (on the train), was that one of them ?
Thank you.

Edited by Nutshell

46 minutes ago, Nutshell said:

Hi, I created an account solely to ask that question actually as I started to play the game a few days ago. It looks very nice.
I'm just wondering because the level cap does not seem to be activated, I could beat Florina with levels 30+ without any disobedience. Is that normal ?
I read above that for the hard mode you had planned to get out of the limitations the main game had, as I chose to play that mode from the very beginning (on the train), was that one of them ?
Thank you.

I imagine it's the Exp multiplier or something like that caused this issue. The problem with SWM is that it overwrites code implemented into the game which there is no solution to resolve this other than for me to go out of my way to block the ability to use SWM entirely. This causes problems. So many problems.

I can't really tell you what's compatible as I never use SWM but I think the type and stat modifiers are 100% safe to use as I don't touch those sections...I think. You can use them if you want but any glitches or issues you experience from them are not my responsibility.

15 hours ago, Commander said:

I imagine it's the Exp multiplier or something like that caused this issue. The problem with SWM is that it overwrites code implemented into the game which there is no solution to resolve this other than for me to go out of my way to block the ability to use SWM entirely. This causes problems. So many problems.

I can't really tell you what's compatible as I never use SWM but I think the type and stat modifiers are 100% safe to use as I don't touch those sections...I think. You can use them if you want but any glitches or issues you experience from them are not my responsibility.

That's alright, thanks for answering, I'll be looking into it to try and figure it out. I just wanted to know if this was a normal thing, now I know it is not. 

I just defeated Ciel before the update and while I could use Fly before updating, I'm now told I don't have the gym badge to do so. Anyone know what's going on? This is my first time updating Reborn so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

I had several SWM components installed but the issue was still present after I removed all the mods.

Was wandering around Byxbysion and my character slided into the wall. I thought it was the SWM mod but the issue's still there after I removed it. My guess is the 

Follower feature since I noticed the character sliding 1 extra tile in other slides around Byxbysion.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ecb54a38b6fbf34ee173fc0d6b1c896f.png

On 6/6/2020 at 3:12 PM, Commander said:

You go to the key item and click on expall to turn it on

I think he may have been talking about a bug that occurs when you first fight Cain. A message about an exception possibly related to the Exp All pops up after you defeat his Koffing and you don't get any experience. He also doesn't send out any Pokemon on his next turn. I can't find the Exp All anywhere in my bag, so that might be related to the issue. Screenshots attached below.

Spoiler

RebornError1.JPG.eae607c968fb2b81897488ea5326ac53.JPG

RebornError2.JPG.35560bb1e6330cc9fd13059c6caf9742.JPG

I removed all my mods so I can't think of much related specifically to my setup that might have caused this issue. I am playing with the item ban on and at the hardest difficulty if that helps.

I would also appreciate it if you could help me with the issue of not being able to use Fly after updating to this version (made a post about this earlier), though I understand if you can't.

Edit: Just saw the message on the front page, will try out the Exp All fix. Ignore this post if I don't make any further edits.