Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

Damn commie had to google what does redux even mean. 

Glad to see that this is up(had a feeling that you weren't going to completely abandon hardcore what with you replying to questions pertaining to it).

I'll download the game tomorrow.

Hopefully you wont get all stressed out this time.

I just finished it, here are my thoughts

So the first major improvement that caught my eye was the more diverse pokemon selection for the random trainers. I personally think that this was a nice touch that definitely spices up the game more and differentiates itself from vanilla Reborn. Second thing I really liked are the master fights. Now I don't know how many of these can be made as some leaders (Samson comes to mind) are rather restrictive on how the play due to their type or their field, but I think that Julia's team was challenging, yet at the same time, fun. I like to think that I know a thing or two about team balancing on gym leaders because I occasionally soft-edit roms to make bosses more challenging. 

Of course I don't, however. But I think that the Pokemon used all complement each other. The one thing that I think might be unnecessary is that the coverage on most of the Pokemon seems like it goes just a tad overboard (although it is titled "master" so that notion is kinda valid). Like just about everyone (4/6 I believe) have anti-grass coverage, but it isn't really necessary to do that as both Chargabug and Emolga already cover the weakness. I think that having a type-advantage, at least at this point in the game, should still give you a bit of an edge on the leader. especially it's pretty likely that the player may have chosen a Grass Starter. I know that most of this can be understandably chalked up to mean that it's supposed to be hard, which I definitely agree with. What seems a little much is Aster and Eclipse leading with the Solrock/Lunatone. Both of those mons have pretty insane moves for before the 1st badge (I saw Psychic, Flamethrower, and Rock Slide) and they all dumpster Fern. Luckily, I had a Kricketune and Frogadier so I could muscle past it, but them leading with such a powerful duo that could easily put Fern and a chunk of the player's team out of comission seems a little rough. I don't really have too much of a problem with the rest of the fight, just that they come out of the gate hard. One last thing, and this is solely my preference, but with Vanilla Reborn starting to steer away from the monotype nature of the rival's I hope to see more diversity in Fern's team along with the other rivals as, while I do like their hardcore teams, I feel like it didn't try to deviate away from their core type as much.

• Upvote 1

Thank you guys for the continued support and don't worry about getting to anything right away.

As for @Norm that is some very good feedback but to respond

Spoiler

The Aster and Eclipse fight was hard to gauge as I completely redid it AND Fern recieved an extra mon. I may nerf the Lunatone and Solrock a tad bit but I was having trouble figuring out moves to put on those two since it's in the awkward zone where they don't have certain weak moves to learn. I'll tone it down a tad bit since it is the second boss in the game.

As for the rivals, that's what I'm going to talk about below.

So something everyone should be aware of sooner or later are all non gym leader bosses have lost their niche of being full mono. While I'm not against it, I'm conflicted about this change as I always figured they kept their mono types simply because that's what they've been working towards, were ex leaders or substitute (Cal, Blake, Fern, Cain...and Victoria), or were centered around a type like Sigmund. I can't promise every boss will break their monotype in Redux (mostly because there's factors I care more about such as variety), but there is one thing I really want to get to speak upon: the rival starters.

I won't beat around the bush in saying that Cain likely is going to have Muk due to Aya very, very likely using A Muk in one of her fights and regular Muk worked pretty well for Cain (let alone it makes sense he caught it in the nearby area). I'm going to edit it so that the event matches up with it, but I'm wondering if I should stick with the Unovan Starters for the Rivals like in the old days. The thing about the Alolan starters is that I actually have plans or a pretty good idea that all of them are going to be used for at least one boss (Decidueye is debatable) so these Pokemon would appear on two bosses. The Unovan starters I really don't see any bosses using in the game so far. I'm kind of wondering if you guys wouldn't mind me reverting their starters (aka their secondary aces) back to the Unovan mons for this reason or y'all are hellbent on that being consistent with the main game.

Everything else about team changes will be case by case scenarios. Fern isn't getting Sandile yet as there's almost 0 benefit gained from it until its fully evolved where it gets very threatening. Ludicolo and Ferroseed more or less already help cover the a few grass weaknesses. It also wouldn't be able to evolve until post Shelly...when most player teams have more or less a team full of fully evolved mons. It's also way too early in the game to give him a Scyther and Rhydon kind of is a joke due to its weaknesses. 

• Veterans
16 minutes ago, Commander said:

Thank you guys for the continued support and don't worry about getting to anything right away.

As for @Norm that is some very good feedback but to respond

Hide contents

The Aster and Eclipse fight was hard to gauge as I completely redid it AND Fern recieved an extra mon. I may nerf the Lunatone and Solrock a tad bit but I was having trouble figuring out moves to put on those two since it's in the awkward zone where they don't have certain weak moves to learn. I'll tone it down a tad bit since it is the second boss in the game.

As for the rivals, that's what I'm going to talk about below.

So something everyone should be aware of sooner or later are all non gym leader bosses have lost their niche of being full mono. While I'm not against it, I'm conflicted about this change as I always figured they kept their mono types simply because that's what they've been working towards, were ex leaders or substitute (Cal, Blake, Fern, Cain...and Victoria), or were centered around a type like Sigmund. I can't promise every boss will break their monotype in Redux (mostly because there's factors I care more about such as variety), but there is one thing I really want to get to speak upon: the rival starters.

I won't beat around the bush in saying that Cain likely is going to have Muk due to Aya very, very likely using A Muk in one of her fights and regular Muk worked pretty well for Cain (let alone it makes sense he caught it in the nearby area). I'm going to edit it so that the event matches up with it, but I'm wondering if I should stick with the Unovan Starters for the Rivals like in the old days. The thing about the Alolan starters is that I actually have plans or a pretty good idea that all of them are going to be used for at least one boss (Decidueye is debatable) so these Pokemon would appear on two bosses. The Unovan starters I really don't see any bosses using in the game so far. I'm kind of wondering if you guys wouldn't mind me reverting their starters (aka their secondary aces) back to the Unovan mons for this reason or y'all are hellbent on that being consistent with the main game.

Everything else about team changes will be case by case scenarios. Fern isn't getting Sandile yet as there's almost 0 benefit gained from it until its fully evolved where it gets very threatening. Ludicolo and Ferroseed more or less already help cover the a few grass weaknesses. It also wouldn't be able to evolve until post Shelly...when most player teams have more or less a team full of fully evolved mons. It's also way too early in the game to give him a Scyther and Rhydon kind of is a joke due to its weaknesses. 

Why stick to them all having the same set of starters here, when the characters themselves don't have a theme or any significant connection to make them have all of the same set. It deprives Cain and Fern of fitting starters(Fern loses out wayyy more here frankly and Serperior fits him wayyy more than Primarina fits Cain.) Victoria doesn't really lose out but Fern does.

As for bosses sticking to monotypes, just stick to character themes with a slight preference for one type and you can't really go wrong.

Maybe have them mix generations, since it seems like each has a mon that fits them better.  Fern only really fits with Snivy;  Victoria seems ok with either Pignate or Inceroar (though the latter is probably better competitively);  and Cain doesn't really fit as well with any of the water types to me  (though Poplio with Cain is growing on me, considering the large outcry Bromine got when revealed---he would probably sympathize).

If you are going to stick with all 3 rivals using the starter trio from the same Gen, then I vote stick with Unova.

I don't really mind starters being changed, as early game Fern wasn't something that was really dangerous - it was later when he became that way (at least in my opinion). I think that the Litten line would help improve Victoria. The water alolan starter I have no thoughts on, but I agree with you on Muk completely. (Aya having A-muk [and maybe Toxapex?] At least tears would be engulfed in her field)

As far as Fern's team goes, around Shelly and afterwards there's a distinct difference in the teams of the rivals. Victoria before Shelly, Cain at Beryl Cemetery, Fern at uhhh the Grand Hall? Would a Scyther at the Trainer School be a bit much?

Made it up to Julia, but still can't win. Gonna leave my remarks anyways as I pretty much give up on it at this point.

Aster and Eclipse are the second combo of Solrock/Lunatone in that factory. Could you replace the earlier one so this feels special? Getting crushed by Rock Slide and Flamethrower really makes this fight hard because Fern will be dead almost every round. The only reason I finally beat it was because my Decudide avoided a Rock Slide and wiped them both out with a Razor Leaf. Magby and Elekid are also really powerful (and Mach Punch Magby makes clutch plays nearly impossible). Not sure if Rockruff is needed here since those 4 are already difficult enough. 

I really like that Julia has 3 options of fights. Master is a great level of difficulty, especially if you're not using broken mons. I tried all 3 modes but could not get past Master at all. Overall I enjoyed this game and think that this will turn out well.

As for starters, I like that Fern has both, but if there needs to be a decision one way or another, then Unova offers the most for the rivals.

9 hours ago, Dragon116 said:

Aster and Eclipse are the second combo of Solrock/Lunatone in that factory. Could you replace the earlier one so this feels special? Getting crushed by Rock Slide and Flamethrower really makes this fight hard because Fern will be dead almost every round. The only reason I finally beat it was because my Decudide avoided a Rock Slide and wiped them both out with a Razor Leaf. Magby and Elekid are also really powerful (and Mach Punch Magby makes clutch plays nearly impossible). Not sure if Rockruff is needed here since those 4 are already difficult enough. 

I'll need to recheck the Meteor grunts who hold them to see what their team is and if they appear again. If they don't appear again I'll just make there team something random but if they do make another appearance, I'll just swap their Pokemon with one they use in the future.

If you had an easy time with Master Mode I'd be worried XD. There are prizes for beating the master fights (which anyone who does it in the demo won't miss out on), but they aren't anything you can live without and probably will also be available in the post game.

So something I've been doing a bit of research on is this what I like to call a mess of changes. Reborn's system has never been perfect and I understand some of the changes (even after 3 years I don't understand why Chinchou was moved back...RIP Magma...seriouly 0 reason to pick them) and now it's kind of an even bigger mess to deal with in Redux. I guess that means you guys have changes to look forward to in the game but here's a list of all the planned events to get moved around:

Spoiler

-The Snufful/Snubbul event is getting pushed back AND both mons will be changed

-All previous added mons in HC will be added back in for Redux

-The Lucky Egg quest is being changed

-The TM Shop is also gone

-Magnemite will be pushed back to the back room

-The Yurevu key will be available post-Radomus like before

-Ralts will be obtainable pre-Serra...again (0 idea why this was changed)

-Skitty event will be changed

-Ducklett Egg will be removed from the mix

-No mix event will exceed 2 Pokemon that can be alternated (looking at you Daycare Egg Event)

-The Cradburry Pokemon found in the Aqua/Magma Gang will be a possible 1 of 3 Pokemon on each side

-Rowlett is a possible reward in an added challenge

-Oshawott/Litten is a reward on a challenge (so you don't have to worry about missing one)

-The Mystery Egg will have changes to it to better balance the mons recieved from it

I might remove the choice items/life orb though but that's a decision I'll do when I get there. The Mega-Z ring is getting pushed back to either end of E18 or early E19 for Redux but that's due to a plan I have for it (I was going to give you guys one of the but...then this happened). Y'all can still get it early but you need to work for it still. As for the Arclight quest...let's say I'll make sure whatever the prize he gives is very, very worth the trouble. You guys held off of these nice things for pretty much the entire game so I don't think waiting a bit longer will do any harm (it's mostly to avoid heavy power creeping for the enemies forcing you to USE these items to even be able to win).

As for helping, I kind of reorganized it for two things. The first is the tried and true help on the graphics. Since this is going to take roughly a year (probably more tbh), it's not like I'd cram you for stuff to work on and most stuff is kind of on my backwater list such as the party member overworld sprites. I'd say spriting those could take from 10 minutes to a couple of hours (it took me like 4 for the Shelly Tauros sprite). Spriting actually is kind of fun and I wouldn't mind doing it if it weren't for the undaunting feeling that there's so much left to do other than graphics. There's a couple backsprites and vs sprites I'd like to have done but those are secondary goals (and those that aren't I'll do by myself). Which now I get to talk about one subject I haven't touched on: commissions.

I won't beat around the bush that it probably would both be easier and something I likely could afford (like up to 100 bucks tbh) to have certain sprites done. Afford doesn't mean I should though as I'm not wealthy, but I'm not in a situation where I'll be on the streets either if I spend stuff here and there. HC has been cent free outside of the RMXP cost and I kind of want to keep it that way. I'm definitely willing to exchange a service for it (maybe you need help designing a battle or need feedback/ideas on something).

The other thing is the CoM fights. I said before that I was willing to have someone work on them under restrictions but honestly, I kind of am willing to allow them full reign other than a no legendary rule until after the final leader fight (and obviously a monotype rule). The framework is more or less done which is probably the hardest part of doing this. It's not ready to be worked on just yet but anyone interested in working on this let me know. It's a bit more complicated than editing the PBSfiles but you'll eventually get the hang of it.

There is one other thing I know fans will appreciate quite a bit (and a really big help me help you help me type of thing) which I won't announce until the public release. I suppose I can give a tease though: 80 trainers (and not it's not a Mt. Battle thing)

To give my two cents on the Rival starter business. I agree that it should probably go case-by-case basis. On the contrary, I don't think it is necessary for Fern to have Serperior (Get it? Contrary? Serperior?... please laugh).Serperior has a powerful, honorable disposition. its dex entries state that it has respect for powerful opponents. Fern is pretty much anything but honorable or regal. He's overconfident, abrasive, and doesn't have respect for anybody. I would think that Sceptile would be a great choice for Fern as 1. Was already on his HC team 2. Has a personality that I personally think fits Fern more compared to Serperior's regal aura 3. Would also fill Fern's mega slot  since there are only 3 grass mega-evos (That is, if the mega-evos still reflect their preferential typing). and 4. Sceptile is a lush, jungle-themed Grass-Type, which would make a nice contrast between Florinia's desert/harsh Grass-types. Victoria's Starter choice really doesn't matter all that much anymore with Cal's change in team. She could pick any Fire starter and it would be in character. (though the fighting ones do match her a bit more) I would just think about team-balance when it comes to Victoria's preference. Cain is one who I think is pretty best fit with Primarina, as it matches his character probably the best of all of the rivals. However, I think any of the 'cute' water types would fit him well.

I do have one question about the Mystery egg, Will the Pokemon exclusive to the mystery egg be available in other places. I'll be honest, I seldom used the CoM mystery egg pokemon and just switched versions to get the others. It just that there are a lot of good Pokemon exclusive to the mystery eggs that you are locked out of otherwise. Personally I think that it would be a better system to let the exclusives be available outside of the event and the Mystery egg by pokemon populated by late-game pokemon.

I definitely look forward to the Public Release, but I do have a question of if there are any missables if I continue from where I ended the Demo (after Julia)? Regardless I will continue to patiently await the official release and remember not to stress yourself.

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I do have one question about the Mystery egg, Will the Pokemon exclusive to the mystery egg be available in other places. I'll be honest, I seldom used the CoM mystery egg pokemon and just switched versions to get the others. It just that there are a lot of good Pokemon exclusive to the mystery eggs that you are locked out of otherwise. Personally I think that it would be a better system to let the exclusives be available outside of the event and the Mystery egg by pokemon populated by late-game pokemon.

The thing I always felt is that the mystery egg brings more harm than good. 50% of the mons are fine, but the other half really cripple the enjoyment of the game. Half of the remaining are really bad and not even worth trying to use like Vullaby and Phantump and the other part are strong enough to make most of the early and mid game a joke if not the entire game. All I did was swap most of them to be in the mid-game. Some of them are going to change again Redux (Sneasel and Deerling definitely are), but the point was to avoid people getting really upset getting a bad roll and pestering people to get their save files changed due to that single event.

The only exclusive in Reborn's regular mystery egg by the time Redux is finished is Larvesta (as I don't think I'll be through the E17 areas by E18's release) so it's not like you're missing out on a whole bunch of mons with it being changed. Definitely not as bad as Rejuv's Jackpot Starter situation (where people spent hours to get just one Pokemon).

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I definitely look forward to the Public Release, but I do have a question of if there are any missables if I continue from where I ended the Demo (after Julia)? Regardless I will continue to patiently await the official release and remember not to stress yourself.

The best way to put it is that if you go up until Florinia who hasn't had her fights edited in yet, you won't be missing that much if you're willing to backtrack (only the Lucky Egg technically and possibly three event mons) as everything else can be backtracked and done. For Episode I (ie the stuff not in the demo), I need to edit the events in the intro, all the old events from Hardcore, and basically all the old script updates and implementations. There's nothing missable other than two battles designed mostly for training. I did say that I was planning to make better use of the party system which is partially why I'm taking a different approach to releases.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm not dead. So you all are probably wonder what I've been doing. If you guessed nothing related to Redux, you are 100%...correct. I just did a little bit of transferring today and sadly it looks like map transfering is not going to be easy. Transferring stuff in this game takes a LONG time as I have to redo and edit stuff that was there before (or make changes to it) so first I have to comb the entire old game and transfer all the old stuff over and not break it so don't expect much news for a month. I may hold off on releasing E1 on wrap up E2 areas and release that (probably a February release roughly).

Anyways all of the E2 fights are more or less done but still need a bit of testing. Well all of the old ones and the master fight at least. Let's just say I have a few pain in the butt stuff to get done in E2 and implement. Anyways whenever I get any of the new stuff done and ready to showcase I'll make updates but likely I'll be going silent for quite a while. I don't like false promises so if any of my ideas don't work out quite so well, it'd just lead to disappointment. Now off to work I go.

My personal opinion for each of the starters for each Rival is this:

1. Victoria should have Torchic. If you're still going with the monotype Rivals, it fits her and provides much more of a threat on her team. Seriously, her having a Speed Boost Blaziken would frighten me every single time I'd have to fight her. It'd give her much more difficulty, but doesn't make it impossible to beat her. 

2. Fern should get either Snivy or Treeko. Snivy definitely fits more here since Snivy looks stuck up all the damn time and Fern is egotistical as Hell. Treeko could also work because Sceptile always looks kinda smug and Fern is clearly always smug.

3. Cain should have Mudkip. It's honestly the closest thing that suits him. The second best would be Oshawott, but Swampert would better fit him imo. 

On 1/2/2018 at 1:29 AM, AsNKrysis said:

My personal opinion for each of the starters for each Rival is this:

1. Victoria should have Torchic. If you're still going with the monotype Rivals, it fits her and provides much more of a threat on her team. Seriously, her having a Speed Boost Blaziken would frighten me every single time I'd have to fight her. It'd give her much more difficulty, but doesn't make it impossible to beat her. 

2. Fern should get either Snivy or Treeko. Snivy definitely fits more here since Snivy looks stuck up all the damn time and Fern is egotistical as Hell. Treeko could also work because Sceptile always looks kinda smug and Fern is clearly always smug.

3. Cain should have Mudkip. It's honestly the closest thing that suits him. The second best would be Oshawott, but Swampert would better fit him imo. 

1. Blaziken is a pretty good pokemon but in the hands of the AI...it's kind of a double edged sword. Gallade already is her secondary ace and her mega so that really gimps it's full use. Also Blaziken isn't really the best for a final mon. The bigger reason I'm not for it is because A) Emboar had a much bigger involvement with Victoria aka it's actually seen a lot more over the other two rival's starters (we even see it more than Cain's Nidoking) and B.) Samson and Cal already have a grip on this mon. Of all the rivals, I'm actually more bent on giving Victoria Emboar than even giving Fern Serperior.

I'm actually reading Emboar's dex entry and read "Cares deeply about its friends." I just always felt like Emboar really fit Victoria as a whole with it being a powerhouse mon ready to charge forward when raged (like a boar would). Also good lord does that Incineroar sprite look ugly. No offense to whoever made it as they got they shape right, but lordy that thing does not look right in an overworld sprite.

2. I think we all are in an agreement Serperior is the starter for Fern. Its peak is right at Aya and works really well throughout the game. While it is possible Laura could be using one, I think it's safe to assume she'll be a doubles fight so Fern is safe in that regard. Treeko vs Rowlet is the actual debate for a slot and honestly I think Treeko kind of won out there.

3. Cain, cain, cain. This is the one where I'm a bit more open to honestly. While I set it up as Oshawott, I do see how the mermaid thing would suit him given Ariel. His final team is tbd but Gengar is gone from him. I'll kind of see what people really want to see on him for a water starter but Oshawott kind of would be completing the Gen V starter circle...given the other two are fixed. Mudkip is an interesting choice and would bring something interesting to the table.

On 1/2/2018 at 4:04 AM, DemICE said:

Btw i hope we see Citrine and that other meteor guy again, because their fights were interesting, especially the one where i had aya to make it harder  help me

After you fight them in Devon, Guy quit Meteor so you won't ever fight the duo post that sadly. She won't be appearing again in likely E18. Depending on the branching path though, I will say that you'll get two completely different scenes to continue the HCHQ storyline in E17 depending on which path of the branch you go on. One has a better reward while the other has a bigger focus on the storyline. I decided to do things a little differently to address the whole lack of content on one side of the branch thing...oops I may have said too much now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now I'm roughly at the near completion of E1's areas. I need to do some editing to fix a few things as well as add in an event in the intro. I'm not doing a release for it but I guess people would like to know that E1 should be wrapped up by the end of the week. I did change the Snubbull event a little bit as you'll see to finally take care of something that was kind of nonsensical in HC that I didn't really have an answer to before. But here's the rundown of what's done with transferring:

-Maps are transferred (needs to be edited for the warp events still)

-Scripts are transferred (at least everything I marked)...I may have forgotten the Randomizer thinking about it...if anyone ever does a mod this big...MARK YOUR CODE INSERTS!

-All added images, music, ect

What I still need to do:

-Events

-Metadata Doc (this'll only take around 10 minutes)

-that thread I should have made two weeks ago

Also since my poll abilities are broken...some things never change, I'm kind of wondering about a little thing. Everyone up through Corey is excluded from this, but should I remove the Ace from last feature from nearly all the bosses in the game. Certain characters like Johnathan, Pulse Magnezone, Maison Solaris are going to keep it due to story reasons, but take...Luna for example. Luna could now send her Umbreon in at any point instead of save it until everything else is KO'd. My fights aren't designed with as heavy a skew as regular Reborn so I'm more open to it. Just a simple yay or nay here is all I need.

my answer to everything regarding  flexibility:  yay.   major fights that benefit from their sweeper being kept for last, should do so though, even if the sweeper is not an ace.  like for example, samson could be keeping his hawlucha for last, same for fern and serperior.  I thought about it a bit and i realized that not many major opponents actually have a real sweeper anyway.   

• Veterans
17 hours ago, Commander said:

1. Blaziken is a pretty good pokemon but in the hands of the AI...it's kind of a double edged sword. Gallade already is her secondary ace and her mega so that really gimps it's full use. Also Blaziken isn't really the best for a final mon. The bigger reason I'm not for it is because A) Emboar had a much bigger involvement with Victoria aka it's actually seen a lot more over the other two rival's starters (we even see it more than Cain's Nidoking) and B.) Samson and Cal already have a grip on this mon. Of all the rivals, I'm actually more bent on giving Victoria Emboar than even giving Fern Serperior.

I'm actually reading Emboar's dex entry and read "Cares deeply about its friends." I just always felt like Emboar really fit Victoria as a whole with it being a powerhouse mon ready to charge forward when raged (like a boar would). Also good lord does that Incineroar sprite look ugly. No offense to whoever made it as they got they shape right, but lordy that thing does not look right in an overworld sprite.

2. I think we all are in an agreement Serperior is the starter for Fern. Its peak is right at Aya and works really well throughout the game. While it is possible Laura could be using one, I think it's safe to assume she'll be a doubles fight so Fern is safe in that regard. Treeko vs Rowlet is the actual debate for a slot and honestly I think Treeko kind of won out there.

3. Cain, cain, cain. This is the one where I'm a bit more open to honestly. While I set it up as Oshawott, I do see how the mermaid thing would suit him given Ariel. His final team is tbd but Gengar is gone from him. I'll kind of see what people really want to see on him for a water starter but Oshawott kind of would be completing the Gen V starter circle...given the other two are fixed. Mudkip is an interesting choice and would bring something interesting to the table.

Cain works with Swampert and Primarina pretty well, but likely much more skewed towards the latter. Love Samurott but it's pretty weird seeing Cain with a Samurai, Type wise Swampert is probably best due to how well it synergises with his semi~(?)poison mono.

Sceptile is better for Fern, both giving him a Mega and a nice fitting secondary starter. Emboar is also better here no contest.

Spoiler

Also since my poll abilities are broken...some things never change, I'm kind of wondering about a little thing. Everyone up through Corey is excluded from this, but should I remove the Ace from last feature from nearly all the bosses in the game. Certain characters like Johnathan, Pulse Magnezone, Maison Solaris are going to keep it due to story reasons, but take...Luna for example. Luna could now send her Umbreon in at any point instead of save it until everything else is KO'd. My fights aren't designed with as heavy a skew as regular Reborn so I'm more open to it. Just a simple yay or nay here is all I need.

Dear lord yes. I've stated this to you before but IMO Corey is the only boss fight where this is actually beneficial, as Crobat is basically the whole Boss Fight on it's own. Most leaders would prefer bringing it out when necessary earlier, especially with the generally better AI rather than keeping it for last. I doubt you'll see any real oposition here.

I like Cain with Primarina since his main personality trait is his singing. I could see them doing duets in their travels. Sceptile for Fern would break the gen 5 circle you see. I agree with removing the "hold until last" from Leaders, other than Julia, Florina, whoever the first mega is (Like when Ciel breaks out Mega Altaria at the end of the fight, it has that wow-factor). 

I'm really surprised at all the people supporting Mega Sceptile on Fern. I mean he was going to have it regardless (since it honestly is better on him then Haxorus believe it or not). I'm probably sticking with Sceptile, Ludicolo, and Roserade on him since that core works well. He'll probably stick with the rotation team like before. Give me like 2 minutes after this post and I'll have strawpolls up for each of them (gotta love site glitchyness).

Anyways not much to talk about but I'm ahead of schedule on Redux. I'm planning to get a release out either the end of January, but it could be pushed to the end of February. February I'm going to be dealing with moving in and no longer be homeless and having to move...a lot of stuff. I can't give you an exact estimate of progress (I hate giving percentages as they are very misleading), but I'd say that the E2 release is around the 30% mark. I include testing in the percentage since that's the biggest and longest area of work. But usually I'll just give a what's done and the to do sections:

Completed:

-events transferred up to E2

-New Intro Edits (needs to be tested)

-Event mon changes

To Do:

-New E2 event Mon

-New Feature in HCHQ

-Event Edits/Checking

-New Menu Feature

-Title Edits

I probably missed a thing or two, but the thing I'm doing is spreading things I used to do in a day into a month period. It makes a more consistent schedule and release dates (I really should be able to get this done by the end of the month, but I don't promise that). If I get E2 done before the end of the month though, I'll start working on E3 content and release what I have done from that with the E2 content, but it won't be complete (since the focus was E2). 

Why am I doing it like this? There's two reason. The first is to schedule the final version of Redux/HC over a longer period of time to avoid burnout, but have small deadlines so I don't procrastinate on it to the point the project gets nowhere. The second reason is because the end of the month is an easy to remember date. I know some people like updates (which I will do once in a while), but most people really only check these threads because they have 0 idea where a project is at and sometimes even check it daily due to that reason. I don't want people doing that here.

Oh yeah another thing I forgot about. Do you guys want me to make a club or something? I know most people hang around in the Reborn Discord for discussion and stuff so the club would just be a place to report stuff and rant about a boss being to easy or hard. And if you guys do want one, what sections should the be (such as errors, Commander's grammar and spelling problems, Battles Feedback, etc).

Since Redux seems to be direct continuation from Hardcore, I assumed we would find Exp Share and Lucky Egg early on too. Since that was no longer the case, I got a bit worried tbh. At first my progress was such a slog, but as soon as I got me a second mon, everything just started falling into place. It turned out there was no need for Exp Share or Lucky Egg: 5/6 of my mons reached level 20 with minimal grinding (I had to get one level up for my Bidoof on wild Pokemon, does that even count?) by the time I had defeated Julia. The fact that regular trainers have more and higher lvl mons contributed to this.

Speaking of the regular trainers, there seems to be some repetition there: the elemental monkeys as well as Hoothoot for example seem to be recurring mons. Not a big deal, it just makes the trainers feel "samey".

Maybe it's because I was prepared, but I found Lunatone and Solrock less troublesome than Elekid and Magby why is that Elekid so tanky . If Lunatone and Solrock are to be nerfed, I guess Rock Slide can be replaced with Rock Tomb or Smack Down (but they're both single target moves) or even Bulldoze (kind of a double-edged sword, since it synergizes with Lunatone or Solrock only).

I actually battled Julia in Master mode/format straight away, so I don't know what her team is like in Singles or Doubles, but I have to say I liked Master quite a lot. It's been a long time since I played Hardcore, but I feel like Master is what Hardcore was lacking in terms of changes to teams and strategy. If people with Grass-type starters are experiencing problems with this battle, maybe Charjabug could be replaced with Chinchou or the recently added A-Geodude? Tbh I was a bit surprised there wasn't more of that Discharge "spam" going on, what with most Electric-types having abilities that synergize with it.