Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

5 hours ago, veron922 said:

Okey I'm about to hit you with them newbie questions. First of all very nice work and thank you for putting down so much time on this. ❤️

1. Do I have to beat a gym leader on every level to get the badge? (because that would be awesome)  Or do I chose how I want to be tortured
2. Have you included changes to all current availabe episodes, up to E18 so to speak? It says up to badge 2 at the start, just want to be sure
3. Are these new event pokemon replacing the original event pokemon or are you making new events? + will some core items be available earlier? 

I would love to download it now and see for myself but my finals are coming up and I don't wanna risk getting addicted. So answers to these questions should suffice my needs. 

Appreciate the help!! 

1. its a pokemon game, should be self explanitory there

2. yes its been updated to e18 content

3. basically some things were made accessible earlier as to balance it out a bit but still giving the game slightly higher difficulty (i.e some pokemon can be found earlier, maybe a TM or 2, stuff like that and vice-versa as well)

other than that i dont believe there are any major notable changes aside from what is listed in the main post and what ive stated so have at thee and enjoy battling some of the custom trainers, including myself (tho u cant battle me til u get all 17 badges :P)

1 hour ago, ArcBolt27 said:

1. its a pokemon game, should be self explanitory there

Sorry, let me rephrase, do I have to battle the gym leaders on all difficulties/formats to get passed them? Or can you continue with only choosing one type of difficulty/format?

Sorry for the misunderstanding

13 hours ago, veron922 said:

1. Do I have to beat a gym leader on every level to get the badge? (because that would be awesome)  Or do I chose how I want to be tortured

For most of them, you are free to choose and you just need to beat one to get the job done. There is a reward, however, for beating all of the master fights but that one is difficult to obtain (for good reason).

2. Have you included changes to all current availabe episodes, up to E18 so to speak? It says up to badge 2 at the start, just want to be sure

The game is made from the beginning until the end (I need to really update the OP) so you can do everything without worrying about missing something.

3. Are these new event pokemon replacing the original event pokemon or are you making new events? + will some core items be available earlier? 

The only mon I axed was Stufful since that thing is broken. Some events were moved around like Snubbull being earlier but most of them were just added on as additions. Oh yeah I did remove Nincada from the one egg since that is a cheese mon that definitely can break the game. Some mons were removed like Bronzor and Ducklett which the latter will be available in the next update coming on Monday but the other is available in Shade's gym. So yeah, the selection is pretty similar so don't worry too much about missing out on your favorite mon. It's just less RNG for mix mons.

6 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

no, u beat them once and thats that.............. if ur feeling rather masochistic like i was, fight every possible gym leader on master mode.......... its a doozy

If they were easy then it wouldn't be called Master mode, would it?

@Commander Hey, just wanted to say that florinias gym puzzle is bugged(I think). Because two of the questions, the lava plume and cubchoo one says its incorrect even though Im writing in the correct answers (15 and 37)

edit: Can't pick up eggs either, even though I have empty spots in the party   - noticed you had already commented this issue..

Edited by VeronTheGold
Worked somehow

Just tried this out, the moment I pressed "synopsis" on the main menu the game crashes. Unfortunately I did not check what kind of error it displayed, but if anyone wants to test this, it's right after you're given your starter and battle Cain and Victoria, inside the Grand Hall.

Edit: Just to clarify, the game shows the synopsis completely, but crashes once we've read it through.

@RedAlert I'm well aware people are experiencing the error which is simply caused by not setting the option variables in the menu correctly though that was for selecting the choice. I would look more into it but I'm scratching my head what could be the issue as I've tested no seriously I've tried everything to crash it but I've gotten zilch results. I have one of two theories why this occurs:

1) It's a compression issue which would be fixed by using the uncompressed scripts (not likely)

Scripts.rxdata

2) You're using mods which is conflicting with the scripts inserting over overwriting parts of the Redux scripts

(The way to check this would be to theoretically remove all the mods then use the clean script file above)

It could be not having the fonts installed as well but I'm not sure that'd cause a crash. One of the reasons I considered disabling mods was simply due to situations like these where I can't pinpoint glitches because of it without asking if they were used or not. While I say you can use mods with Redux, I never recommend it because plug 'n play stuff can harm your game or ending breaking stuff that is functional. 

So I uhhh...tried fixing some of the bugs and right now I'm sitting waiting for an hour to see if this other compression issue stops some other random issues that popped up. Anyways here's the debug version of the game (need to run it once for the fixes): link

The data files if you just want to patch (just replace the data folder with this one): link

And the full game with patches version: link

Changelog:

Spoiler

-Fixed Broken Eggs

-Amaria's Master fight has a slight change

-Fixed Trevore crash in the CoM

-Fixed a couple typos

I don't remember everything but this one mostly just fixes some various bugs that I could find and fix. If you have the game, just freely download the data file and that's all you need to do.

12 hours ago, Zarc said:

Is anyone is after Titania and need to find the guy Miss Evergreen asked us to find ? ( Hardcore HQ missions ) If yes , anyone has an idea where to find him ? ^^

Oh that...he's really, really easy to spot as you should see him on the way to Titania. Other than that, there isn't anything notable to miss before then.

-----------------------------

Btw, I'm uploading two map patches on a couple bugs I seemed to overlook. One is a bigger issue than the other, but...it's not worth reuploading the entire game.

Okay so hopefully this is the last time I made a release with content fixing. There's not much in terms of changes but it should fix most errors people have

Link

Changelog

Spoiler

-Fixed the Synopsis so it doesn't crash (hopefully)

-Cain now rides on normal muk instead of Alola

-Changed Florinia's Master fight to a new team (I did keep the old one fightable but it's unofficial now)

-Added Pokemon Cain and Julia should have had and Florinia gained some new mons due to the new fight

-Fixed an error where Noel didn't count as winning for the Master fight counter

Hello I am sorry to bother you but I am very interested in this mod and I downloaded it got on my desktop (Like the little icon for the zip thing) but i cant open it the trial for winzip is over and i refuse to pay and the program i downloaded off the microsoft store was total crap and provided me no help so i quickly unistalled i just need help opening the thing if you have any way to help me out i would appreicate it and im a moron when it comes to computers so if you could have a step by step that would be great -TLN

11 minutes ago, TheLonelyNihilego said:

Hello I am sorry to bother you but I am very interested in this mod and I downloaded it got on my desktop (Like the little icon for the zip thing) but i cant open it the trial for winzip is over and i refuse to pay and the program i downloaded off the microsoft store was total crap and provided me no help so i quickly unistalled i just need help opening the thing if you have any way to help me out i would appreicate it and im a moron when it comes to computers so if you could have a step by step that would be great -TLN

My trial for winzip expired long, long ago. Don't worry about it tbh as Winzip still works even after the trial period. I'll try to make a 7zip version in a week or so. I tend to wait in case a critical error emerges and needs fixing that way I can solve two birds with one stone.

1 hour ago, Commander said:

My trial for winzip expired long, long ago. Don't worry about it tbh as Winzip still works even after the trial period. I'll try to make a 7zip version in a week or so. I tend to wait in case a critical error emerges and needs fixing that way I can solve two birds with one stone.

no need, ive always used 7zip for this and it works just fne

13 minutes ago, !!yxnT said:

Reveal hidden contents

Right now I'm looking for 4 trainers for one of the HCHQ missions. Does anyone know what "Ame" means by gang members possibly looking for jobs? Looked over the entire city and can't find anyone for this sidequest.

Spoiler

I haven't played this mod since it was called harcore,but if memory serves and it was not changed you need to talk to archie if you picked aqua. I assume you would need to speak to maxie if you picked magma.

I would like to try this but when I try to decompress with 7zip, I get the error

can not open file ... as archive

I downloaded twice to rule out corrupt download. @ArcBolt27, did you successfully decompress the E18.3 version with 7zip?

On a different note, should I apply all 3 patches in the original post? In the said post you wrote, "[18.3 doesn't have a patch file so you'd need to download the full game again]", which suggests I need to apply all of them but I am not sure. I think a bit more description on the patches is helpful for people who haven't been following this thread from the beginning.

@salgrem 18.3 download has all the old patches. I just didn't make a patch version for 18.3 for people who have an older version of the game.

You probably need Winrar which is free but you just have to deal with the pop up message that the trial is over.

56 minutes ago, Pozyher said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I haven't played this mod since it was called harcore,but if memory serves and it was not changed you need to talk to archie if you picked aqua. I assume you would need to speak to maxie if you picked magma.

Spoiler

I've already completed the gang questline and gotten choice specs+litten. 

50 minutes ago, Commander said:

@salgrem 18.3 download has all the old patches. I just didn't make a patch version for 18.3 for people who have an older version of the game.

You probably need Winrar which is free but you just have to deal with the pop up message that the trial is over.

nah as i stated before 7zip works just as fine plus no worry of being bombarded by pop-ups left right and center when using it, ive been using it for at least 5 or 6 years for all manner of compressed folders including the ones found on this site so i can confirm it personally as usable with 0 issues