Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

On 1/10/2018 at 4:08 PM, Zargerth said:

I actually battled Julia in Master mode/format straight away, so I don't know what her team is like in Singles or Doubles, but I have to say I liked Master quite a lot. It's been a long time since I played Hardcore, but I feel like Master is what Hardcore was lacking in terms of changes to teams and strategy. If people with Grass-type starters are experiencing problems with this battle, maybe Charjabug could be replaced with Chinchou or the recently added A-Geodude? Tbh I was a bit surprised there wasn't more of that Discharge "spam" going on, what with most Electric-types having abilities that synergize with it.

Sorry for the late response but uhhh...That's Sigmunds strategy which I've been debating a long time what to do with him. A lot of the upcoming bosses actually I have to make a few decisions on what to do. Also, Julia definitely feels in the just right for all the fights for me. Singles got a little bit easier, Doubles now functions, and Master serves its role.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for a little update, I guess the best way to put it is that I don't know when I'll have E2 done because QA testing has been odd. My computer updated and certain things didn't save but others did and suddenly old things are missing so it's been a headache trying to redo things that should have already been done but I think I'm almost at ground zero in that department. All that is theoretically is left is the new features stuff. I am upset I had to redo the intro because I did spend a long time working on that trying to align it up and sync it just right.

Anyways, the one feature which is merely just a convenient tool than useful I might delay until E3 because E3 is probably the easiest episode of them all. E2 is a bit of hell due to all this transferring mumbo jumbo (I've been focusing solely on Reborn City stuff) and I have to implement new stuff. I have a temporary settup and design for but I'm definitely going to redo it and clean it up as I know how to cut down 90 or so lines if it needs to be done through events. When I have it working and it's functional, I will release more info on it but not until then.

And talking about E3, that one might come early due to my move (which is now late February) as the focus of that one was basically fleshing out and fixing stuff. There is one feature I'm going to try and push and release for E3 then E4 will introduce another feature.

Now I gotta go back to dealing with this complicated stuff (and pray is works). Oh yeah, Monday and Tuesday are kind of my dedicated to working on modding days since the other 5 days are purely for school stuff (gotta love workloads) so I'll try to do weekly updates on Tuesday unless I don't accomplish anything.

And if you want a funny story, I have no idea how or why Johnathan disappeared from Julia's Gym. Seriously, it's like this mod is trying to be unplayable at this point. No idea how something you implemented in a previous version just disappeared like that.

So how about I actually give you guys and update about what's going on since the next two days I'll be wrapping up schoolwork for the week. That January 31st deadline isn't happening. Sucks but I can only get so much done in so much time. So now I'm beginning QA testing even though I don't have the new features fully made. I have the layout of the one fixed now (which took two hours to find out I forgot a single line of code followed by putting the wrong name for a certain line making the menu go wack. Followed by the fact I can't bloody spell...hooray!) Just to find out I used the wrong calling command. This is what happens when you don't code for a long time folks. There's one bug there but I probably can fix it rather easy.

Then there's the other one. If by god's will it works perfectly fine, that'll save me hours of work but I highly doubt it will do just that. Of course that comes after QA testing so I'll be dreading it as it appears more closely. I also only have 1 of the 3 completely finished so I'm merely testing the waters before spending way too much time invested on it.

So basically I'm at the done for now point where I test stuff to smooth it out better. I'm going to be rewriting and editing a lot of the dialogue so it's not as jarring and splattered with Typos. E1 has I want to say about 20 events worth of those to check while E2 has 30 I wanna say. In other words, there's a lot of bloody stuff that needs checking. Part of it has to do with Ame completely swapping things around and such and...balance. Let me just go on a rant for a minute here:

When it comes to the game, Episode updates usually greatly improve the episode and what made it good only occasionally taking a step back with some small changes. E17 went all out and revamped a ton of stuff. While the AI is an improvement, it doesn't really change the basic formula I use (just makes better choices...at the cost of being more restrictive), but the mon balance and the team changes are an OI! Monotypes are completely gone now which i strongly disagree with. I'm pretty sure Ame would remove the type rule for gym leaders even if it wasn't established in the main games. Dialogue is completely changed due to that such as with Cain and Fern. Guess who is actually putting forth the effort to not only find those lines but actually put them back and make sure they fit?

Then there's balance changes. I already said that I'd push Rotom and Ralts back as they are available way too late into the game. Post Luna is literally the point a Pokemon hits obscurity if not completely unusable but that's for Hardcore. If we look at the stats, I'm sure team consist mostly of mons found in the first few areas of the game. So basically we have issues like Bewear (if you have not seen my Rejuv Run, I legit raged at Marianette's Bewear) on top of something odd. Most early game event mons are not static. What this means is that you really can't plan a team out. That reminded me to remove Cincinno. Anyways, I've been working on these events just for them to be less random and removing crappy mons and what I feel are the OP ones. Sure you might get mad at me for doing some, but hey I gave you guys like 10 or so additional Pokemon. Anyways, it's been kind of a swamp to get through this episode. Top that off with my job doubling my hours when I asked them for less.

Next update though I hope I'll have something to display on the new stuff. First thing I'll try and post some screencaps and if I get the other thing working I'll make a Youtube video for it as a demonstration.

Hey, remember when I said I'd update when I got a feature done. Well I did...kind of sort of. So I figured I may as well post today and give an update. Here's one of the two things I was working on last week:

Spoiler

capture000.png

(Ignore the "lewd" name)

capture001.png

capture002.png

(I don't know how to do quotes in scripts so that's why the line looks kind of funny)

So yeah, we have a synopsis of the story so now if you forget everything or want to refresh yourself. So for every major plot point in the game I'll have one of those topics to select to read. I also decided to have it in the protags prospective given that...I don't like silent protags with 0 personality so hopefully you all enjoy that. If you don't, well it's merely one option in the menu so it's all good. Which reminds me...

Quit and End game are being deleted from the menu. 0 reason why we even have either of those since there's this thing called the x button which does the same thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

So just another update. Progress takes me a lot longer as I cut 35-40 hours a week on this mod to 8-20 hours a week. I'm still getting stuff done as the synopsis is done up until E2 (minus conditional statements but those are easy) and the bulk of E1's dialogue edits is almost done. And by dialogue edits, I mostly mean Johnathan's stuff. Seriously, I had no idea how many lines I even made to the point I underestimated how long it was going to take. Hopefully things will look cleaner but...that's not my focus.

So now it's time for your weekly update and yes I work on Redux weekly. Anyways, I legit forgot how much text I put in each episode as the total is like 100 or so lines which rewriting them takes a while. For the sake of getting this Episode out sooner, I'm skipping the books in HCHQ (even though it's RHQ technically). I have about 4 events left (2 are very short and the other I may actually already did) before I go into test running stages.

I am toning down a few things in the dialogue. Johnathan is a little tamer, but no worry he is still the same guy you know and love. I suppose I can at least show an example:

Spoiler

Original:

d061c98dad97ae0ac6434dffac96144c.png

New:

6611136c4563fabdb4e2281e63d6b7d4.png

I can't say when, but I can definitely say I should be able to get the E2 version out in February so long as things are kind of smooth sailing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I guess I really should update this. I've been doing bug testing now and it has been smooth sailing. There's only been about I want to say 5 critical errors which most were very easy to correct as a lot of it was mostly missing a single letter in the code. I also discovered a game breaking error with the Party System I never noticed before (if you run around as Fero recruiting members it could wipe his team...possibly). I've gone from the beginning of the game all the way up until right before visiting Obsidia Ward.

The only thing big to note is that while I have been rewriting and trying to fix errors with text, that is my lowest priority still. I have my gripes with the intro but it works and does its job well enough. I know there were a few punctuation errors but those are so hard to find to go back and change compared to a spelling error or typo. Once I run through up until Florinia, I definitely will be able to get a release, but there's still things in the swamp that could be done and added. That alone could push this back until April if I wanted to hammer it all out.

Everything is starting to wrap up though so don't worry about a "Oh this isn't going to get a release until March" statement. There will be a release. There's just two things on the table that I'm not sure will be in there. The first is Create-your-own trainer (mostly because I want applications in PBS format to shave off hours of work on this nightmare) and the other is that new feature.

And it finally is bloody done. Well there was one area left to do, but I just blocked it for the time being. I'll explain in a moment but this is what you all have been waiting for:

Download link

And here's the change log:

Spoiler

-all events in E1-E2 segments in the Old Hardcore version have been added back

-the hidden lucky egg has been moved to an easier to find location AND is not missable

-the synopsis log has been added to the menu

-Master fights now give a reward (what they do is a surprise)

-Florinia now has a Master fight

-Aster and Eclipse recieved a slight nerf

-RIP Lunatone and Solrock on the two grunts

-The party system has been reimplemented

-Fero and Fern recieved additional companions

-Some event mons have been edited around

-Many lines of dialogue have been rewritten

Here's some disclaimers or what's missing from E2:

Spoiler

-HCHQ has been blocked off Post Florinia due to those events being unfinished

-No rebattable trainers are in HCHQ...because I haven't set up applications for that

-Fern WILL NOT receive his 3 additional mons after defeating him in Onyx Trainers School like before. I'll explain this in episode 3 how that'll work

-There is a slight glitch when talking to the new character in HCHQ with Fern. This will be fixed in E3

-The same character is a little glitchy when using another party member to talk to him the first time...it's a minor glitch but will be fixed for E3

-I made a mistake about the Snubbull event but decided it was okay to let him be available earlier

-Victoria's Starter hasn't been changed to Chimchar. Right now, it's Tepig (Chimchar won by a large margin so I'll change it...bug me if I forget in E3)

-The Trainer card is still the old rendition due to having the level cap system on it. If I ever decide to make the changes on the new card, I'll replace it.

-I haven't tested it fully, but everything up until Shade should have been implemented but not updated. I highly recommend waiting but feel free to mess around.

-As a warning for dataminers and explorers, the CoM and Alt Path are in there, but their events will be glitchy due to not being updated.

It might not seem much for 3 months of work, but I really underestimated the workload. Thankfully, E3 has a very light workload so I can pave out all of the missed stuff. I know some things are missing, but the big debate in my head was "Do I release it now with some missing content or hold off another month trying to get it out?" 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is item ban a thing btw ? Can't try it yet cuz work

edit: yes! it exists!

but sheesh,  why am i the one having the constant problem of your mod  being laggier than the original.  and by laggier i mean,  my attacks  have a delay of about 2 seconds from the moment i click them to the moment they are executed, even though the animation itself does not lag at all.

I've been fixing errors and an odd one popped up since it was a last minute fix. When you talk to a trainer in HCHQ he says this is a test and Ferns team will be added into your storage. This was me testing the party system and somehow the event decided not to delete itself and here we are. It's not a major error but it is fixed. I guess that is a good item farm or something...I thought I removed the stones off Fern. Anyways don't worry as it is harmless and won't screw up your save.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the mod but I felt like the gymleaders vs transition needed to look a little more sinister for when you fight them on master mode so I changed them a bit and also added a darkness particle effect

vsTrainer223.png

vsTrainer224.jpg

Edited by LeoYT

I know this is gonna feel sucky for a lot of reasons, but it's honestly something I knew was coming but tried to avoid it at all possible. No, Redux is not getting canceled, but I'm very aware of my shortened time and the fact I know I'm not going to be able to do everything that I want. If you haven't figure it out, I'm cutting some planned content out. The big change is that I'm only focusing on the main story with some extras and that's it. But to be more specific this is what's getting cut:

-the one big project I was working on (I'll hold off explaining it for now)

-All of the CoM

-The new Arclight Reward for the Mega Ring Quest

It may not seem like much but there's just no way I can get that stuff done due to the sheer demand and investment they need. It kind of takes a crapshot on the party system, but I do have a solution to our little problem with adding the mons. Not the cleanest solution, but an NPC will be there to give you the mons in HCHQ. Yes you should be mad that I didn't keep my promise on some stuff, but now I need to make decisions so this thing both gets done and I don't drop it.

These things won't be worked on by me, but if you guys really want to see them, then I really need help making them. I will need to do cuts in order to get things I need to do to get the mod done and there are 3 things still in the questionable zone. Don't worry as everything in E2 is more or less safe. Just more or less future content that's a boatload of work. I'm taking a break this month to work on two things (one is kind of apparent) but April I'll be back to work probably making a lot more progress than I did here. And come April if I don't receive help on those pieces, I'll make an open source version that can be played with for the Altered Path (E16 version though).

In other news, I have a few ideas for Master Corey which yes, will happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Man it's been a long time since I made an update. Oh well, I decided that I'd make a video of Intense Corey since I wasn't going to be able to make the download in time for the end of the month. You can view it on my youtube channel here.

• Veterans
30 minutes ago, Commander said:

Man it's been a long time since I made an update. Oh well, I decided that I'd make a video of Intense Corey since I wasn't going to be able to make the download in time for the end of the month. You can view it on my youtube channel here.

Get more creative, that was too obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

I was bored at work, so i was in the mood of re-doing the notable fights (those that i had kept a savefile for) in redux so far.   This time i recorded them since it is close to zero additional effort for me,  so these may or may not be useful as a feedback of sorts.   Fern/Victoria/Cain  i didn't keep a savefile for, but as far as I remember they were pretty on the easy side. I will try to not miss recording them in future episodes. I regret missing the scraggies tho.

Spoiler

Aster and eclipse seem to be in that weird situation where they are  pretty overwhelming with the doggos, but seem to be less hardcore (still hard tho) than i would wish without them.

Edit: I was bored so i made a poison monorun on Redux.  Because if a type has any chance to do it in this game it is this one.  Was fun.  I didn't skip the "less important yet still notable"  fights in this one for more potential feedback.

Spoiler

This is something that I'm sure a lot of people probably could see coming but I want to clear some things up and make sure you have an understanding of where I am and why I am doing this. I'm discontinuing working on any moding or anything game making wise almost indefinitely. That means Redux is done and over with. I cancelled Hardcore mostly due to burnout and the workload, but stopping entirely is something a little bit different. I have basically no more passion towards this mod and working and finishing it would be pretty much a hallow experience compared to Hardcore and everything in E2. I'd cut corners in fights and remove all not needed content putting only as little effort as possible just to get it done and over with. Some people would be happy with just that, but not me. I did something like this before and it was absolutely detrimental to me in the long wrong and pretty much lost all motivation on a certain passion I had. So yeah...I'd rather back away now on this over drive myself permanently away from this community. And it doesn't bother me that people around here probably would rather have a finished Redux over me. That's perfectly reasonable as a game will be around here forever, but not always a person. I have a spine so feel free to spout hate toward me and my decisions if it'll make you feel better because I probably deserve it giving you people a false promise in the long run.

So why do I feel no motivation towards this project. The first reason is that I needed help. Working alone has it's ups and downs but it's a self fulfilling prophecy of failure in the long run. Solo developing means working by yourself with next to no means of communication. I'm one of the few people who actually could go weeks without talking to a single person (probably 2 max though) but not as much as I used to. Working with people is more than just cutting the work down. Yes you'll both do stuff to solo at some points but having someone to communicate with is key motivation to continue. In fact, I think Reborn only made it this far purely due to that with it's episodic releases. So I've kind of have been asking for two years for help and pretty much didn't get it. People weren't even willing to do simple tasks which I understand since it's work with 0 payout more or less. This isn't anything new and we've already all known about this because I complained about it all the time. Consider this what would've saved the mod instead of letting it die out. If it weren't for the vocal fans of this mod, it would've died much sooner so I thank you guys for helping me at least get it this far since it probably would've never even existed without it.

We also known that the mechanics changed. Gen VII was a really big motivation killer since it meant redoing the game and pretty much all of my work. The thing about Hardcore is that I kept building off of the previous versions keeping the core of the fights the same with some small fine tuning. That's 100s of hours down the drain. With Gen VIII coming out sooner or later, we're going to go through the song and dance again and at this point I'm just more or less done with the Pokemon series (I'm surprised at this mixed responses of fans with Gen VII, but it's probably like that every gen) that I've been holding off of work until I can see what Reborn's final product looks like. Gen VIII and how Reborn is handling itself makes me now wary to even do anything because it could honestly just be me wasting my time and having to redo a lot of stuff again. This isn't new either, but it's actually a big reason why things started getting delayed and why I wasn't working on the mod at all for the past two months.

So what exactly is different to make me certain of my decision this time? It's more or less I'm getting older and the overall Reborn population is getting younger and shifting towards younger aged user habits. There are some places in this community that are still like they were in the older days where a lot of the older vets hang around including myself which is half the reason I'm still even around, but I've started becoming more and more distant with the casual crowd. In fact, this was one of the few ways I still was even involved with them for so long as it was a connection and discussion point. I loved talking about Hardcore and I still don't mind, but in the back of my mind it's still agonizing the thought that I'll never be motivated to work on this project (I try to avoid the conversation a lot due to this). I'm not going to point fingers or blame people, but I really dislike what the main community has become. It turns me off to the point I even muted certain channels I frequented so I don't even get distracted and annoyed by it. When the community that was the reason you even wanted to convince yourself to work hard and motivated yourself to working on this mod turns into the thing you dread the most, it pretty much makes you not want to do anything with the mod in the first place.

Now before everyone goes all crazy making rumors, I don't hate this place. If I did, I'd be gone by now. I wouldn't make a post saying good-bye or explaining. I'd just leave not saying anything. I just dislilke how a certain part of the community has changed into which was the reason behind how Hardcore was successful and able to be completed compared to now. I'll still be around, and I'll still be making posts and such so don't worry there. Also, I'm not an elitist hating on this change saying it should go back. Reborn growing is a good thing and it should be the way the majority wants it. I just don't want to be a part of it because I honestly dislike a lot of the things younger people do.

As for any possibility for Redux being complete, we'd have to hit the final episode/version of Reborn without a C&D, no Gen VIII content, and I still have to have time and interest to work on modding. If I do, I'd possibly make a version but it'd be a one and done type deal. That's a lot of ifs so please don't get your hopes up. I'm saying it's possible but not likely. Also just as a last little bit of advice: if you can battle, you can make Hardcore. I started out with near 0 experience and I didn't even have a framework or even the subcommunity you guys now have. So if you guys really want that hard mode of Reborn, I'm sure one of you fans could build it if you really wanted to. Otherwise, you can accept that there'll never be a hard mode mod for Reborn just like I have.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• Global Mods
Spoiler
20 hours ago, Commander said:

This is something that I'm sure a lot of people probably could see coming but I want to clear some things up and make sure you have an understanding of where I am and why I am doing this. I'm discontinuing working on any moding or anything game making wise almost indefinitely. That means Redux is done and over with. I cancelled Hardcore mostly due to burnout and the workload, but stopping entirely is something a little bit different. I have basically no more passion towards this mod and working and finishing it would be pretty much a hallow experience compared to Hardcore and everything in E2. I'd cut corners in fights and remove all not needed content putting only as little effort as possible just to get it done and over with. Some people would be happy with just that, but not me. I did something like this before and it was absolutely detrimental to me in the long wrong and pretty much lost all motivation on a certain passion I had. So yeah...I'd rather back away now on this over drive myself permanently away from this community. And it doesn't bother me that people around here probably would rather have a finished Redux over me. That's perfectly reasonable as a game will be around here forever, but not always a person. I have a spine so feel free to spout hate toward me and my decisions if it'll make you feel better because I probably deserve it giving you people a false promise in the long run.

So why do I feel no motivation towards this project. The first reason is that I needed help. Working alone has it's ups and downs but it's a self fulfilling prophecy of failure in the long run. Solo developing means working by yourself with next to no means of communication. I'm one of the few people who actually could go weeks without talking to a single person (probably 2 max though) but not as much as I used to. Working with people is more than just cutting the work down. Yes you'll both do stuff to solo at some points but having someone to communicate with is key motivation to continue. In fact, I think Reborn only made it this far purely due to that with it's episodic releases. So I've kind of have been asking for two years for help and pretty much didn't get it. People weren't even willing to do simple tasks which I understand since it's work with 0 payout more or less. This isn't anything new and we've already all known about this because I complained about it all the time. Consider this what would've saved the mod instead of letting it die out. If it weren't for the vocal fans of this mod, it would've died much sooner so I thank you guys for helping me at least get it this far since it probably would've never even existed without it.

We also known that the mechanics changed. Gen VII was a really big motivation killer since it meant redoing the game and pretty much all of my work. The thing about Hardcore is that I kept building off of the previous versions keeping the core of the fights the same with some small fine tuning. That's 100s of hours down the drain. With Gen VIII coming out sooner or later, we're going to go through the song and dance again and at this point I'm just more or less done with the Pokemon series (I'm surprised at this mixed responses of fans with Gen VII, but it's probably like that every gen) that I've been holding off of work until I can see what Reborn's final product looks like. Gen VIII and how Reborn is handling itself makes me now wary to even do anything because it could honestly just be me wasting my time and having to redo a lot of stuff again. This isn't new either, but it's actually a big reason why things started getting delayed and why I wasn't working on the mod at all for the past two months.

So what exactly is different to make me certain of my decision this time? It's more or less I'm getting older and the overall Reborn population is getting younger and shifting towards younger aged user habits. There are some places in this community that are still like they were in the older days where a lot of the older vets hang around including myself which is half the reason I'm still even around, but I've started becoming more and more distant with the casual crowd. In fact, this was one of the few ways I still was even involved with them for so long as it was a connection and discussion point. I loved talking about Hardcore and I still don't mind, but in the back of my mind it's still agonizing the thought that I'll never be motivated to work on this project (I try to avoid the conversation a lot due to this). I'm not going to point fingers or blame people, but I really dislike what the main community has become. It turns me off to the point I even muted certain channels I frequented so I don't even get distracted and annoyed by it. When the community that was the reason you even wanted to convince yourself to work hard and motivated yourself to working on this mod turns into the thing you dread the most, it pretty much makes you not want to do anything with the mod in the first place.

Now before everyone goes all crazy making rumors, I don't hate this place. If I did, I'd be gone by now. I wouldn't make a post saying good-bye or explaining. I'd just leave not saying anything. I just dislilke how a certain part of the community has changed into which was the reason behind how Hardcore was successful and able to be completed compared to now. I'll still be around, and I'll still be making posts and such so don't worry there. Also, I'm not an elitist hating on this change saying it should go back. Reborn growing is a good thing and it should be the way the majority wants it. I just don't want to be a part of it because I honestly dislike a lot of the things younger people do.

As for any possibility for Redux being complete, we'd have to hit the final episode/version of Reborn without a C&D, no Gen VIII content, and I still have to have time and interest to work on modding. If I do, I'd possibly make a version but it'd be a one and done type deal. That's a lot of ifs so please don't get your hopes up. I'm saying it's possible but not likely. Also just as a last little bit of advice: if you can battle, you can make Hardcore. I started out with near 0 experience and I didn't even have a framework or even the subcommunity you guys now have. So if you guys really want that hard mode of Reborn, I'm sure one of you fans could build it if you really wanted to. Otherwise, you can accept that there'll never be a hard mode mod for Reborn just like I have.

Well, I'm sad to see it go, but totally understand. if you don't have a desire to work on a project like this, it would be foolish to continue to push yourself to do so.

Hardcore E16 was a great journey for me, and I'm satisfied with that. 

I can also kind of relate to where you're coming from about the changing community, even if I wasn't here for a lot of the 'old days', but that's a discussion for another day

Thanks Commander.

@CommanderI can understand many of your points.

The community issue is inevitable, Even if I'm relatively new here I sometimes I feel alienated in the way the newer generation socializes (tho I kinda try to keep up). It helps that I haven't stopped actually playing the game (or pokemon in general) so I still have more interest in hanging out in the reborn channel rather than the lobby, where most of the vets are, and most of the discussions are about things that do not interest me (USA happenings, games/anime I haven't played/watched, meme spam to name a few) . 

I will not hide that I am sad, with an aftertaste of regret. Because even with no knowledge on game making, there could have probably been some way I could have helped, and I didnt. 

If I would start over a new game (not one that would check out new episode changes), I would have opted to start in e16 CoM and only switch to the newest episode after Ciel, because honestly it would give me a more enjoyable experience than any addition of gen7/8 content, so thank you for that! Redux was even more promising through its content. I'd still suggest someone to play it because the major fights and the synopses are worth it.

There are too many "if" s, but hey

a40c7c0cedb277e7d0016eea935a9975.jpg

>Says he's done with Redux inevitably

I SWEAR TO GOD SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME BECAUSE I CAN NEVER BLOODY FOLLOW THROUGH WITH SOMETHING I SAY!

So let's just make the story very simple. I said I don't like Pokemon, but then I remembered why I started making Hardcore originally. I'm one of the few battle designers I actually like. That's not trying to be a narcissist but a sad truth. Most people I feel design more towards a competitive styled design making sure mons are super strong or super well built. I'm more of a fan of Ame's design and ideology of using gimmicks to make for a cool or crazy fight over a difficult one. I was going to make this a surprise but uhh...that's probably not a good idea due to what I announced. This is a new release which contains edits to the fights from post Florinia all the way up to Shelly. Now Corey has a Mastery fight but he has certain conditions you need to fulfill to be able to challenge it (blame how the event is structured):

Spoiler

If you defeated both Julia's and Florinia's Master fights as well as rescue all the police, Jim will show up in Corey's gym to be able to select the Master fight instead of the normal one

And there are two things I want to warn about:

1. Some fights were tinkered more than others. I kept Hardcore as the base game only making modifications to those fights. So if a team remains unchanged or most of the same mons. I set a criteria for these fights and if they match what I'm looking for I accept and pass them for the official release. I do feel the fights might err on the too hard side this go around but I'll let people judge that.

2. Shelly no longer has Perma Rain. I was planning on including it for the Master fight, but due to how the Weather scripts were changed, I am unable to figure out how to enable that feature. I have a few ideas, but I wouldn't mind getting help to create a new weather override system to use.

So does this mean Redux is back in business? Not exactly. If I feel like doing them or continuing it, I'll work on more fights and get to releasing them but that could be a random amount of time ranging from a week to three months for one leader alone. I'll try to get one done once in a while, but it's going to be pure random chance. Also, I'm dropping all additional additions not in the Hardcore E16 version except the synopsis and Master fights just to cut back on time it takes to get this done. I'll include all the older content in the final version of Redux, but I'm not going to continue or finish it. No point in discluding content that is already made imo though CoM does pose a problem. Anyways, here's the link for anyone still interested: Link

@Commander Out of curiosity, what exactly you had to learn in order to make Hardcore/Redux? Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you wanted to change the fields somehow, you don't need all that much scripting knowledge. Most of the changes seem to concern various events (trainer battles, obtainable Pokemon/items etc.). I'm asking because I'm interested, but don't really know if I have what it takes to be helpful in any shape or form - I have RPGMaker Xp, but I bought it literally a couple of weeks ago...

@Zargerth This is an accurate description of what me looking at the scripts looks like:

Spoiler

1*snTXFElFuQLSFDnvZKJ6IA.png

I'd honestly say that knowing a basic level of Ruby (or any type of language) will get you very, very far with scripting knowledge as it'll let you read and understand what's going on. In terms of field effects, those things are very map friendly as you can basically just have an event clock in an override to change the field to any other field (just remembering to change it back is the hard part). Flower field is a tad trickier if you wanted it to start on stage 5 as that does require some modding knowledge. Weather USED to be that simple since it kept the old system to serve as an override. Now it's a tad more complicated.

• Thanks 1

I mean you can but unless it's game-breaking I'm probably not going to be fixing it. I had to kind of set new priorities which is to make a full playable game over a polished partial one.