Pokemon Reborn Redux [Mod][E18.71 Version Released]

Commander

2 hours ago, A̸͖̬͎̖̯̼̫͍ͣ̾ͧ͆͋͘͟ͅžͫ͗̈̅͗ͯ said:

nah, everything should be fine from my own experiences.

So are Save files are compatible between the two games? 

And on a related note, do the mods that work with Reborn also work with Reborn Redux? Specifically those from the SWM Modular Modpack and Aironfaar's Mod Box.

Edited by Productofboredom

3 hours ago, Productofboredom said:

So are Save files are compatible between the two games? 

And on a related note, do the mods that work with Reborn also work with Reborn Redux? Specifically those from the SWM Modular Modpack and Aironfaar's Mod Box.

It uh won't have problems now but will have problems in E19 since Ame went switch crazy. I'll have to put a fix in for that mess which will be fun. Just don't start an E18 Redux save on Reborn E19 when it's done or glitches galore.

As for SWM, there's ones that work and ones that don't. I don't remember which ones do and don't off the top if my head. Problem is that they overwrite my coding casuing things to not work properly.

1 hour ago, Commander said:

It uh won't have problems now but will have problems in E19 since Ame went switch crazy. I'll have to put a fix in for that mess which will be fun. Just don't start an E18 Redux save on Reborn E19 when it's done or glitches galore.

So to confirm, I should be fine using the same files for Reborn and Reborn redux, just moving the Game.rxdata between the two game's save folders, without any issue until the release of E19 (until you're able to make a patch)?

22 minutes ago, Productofboredom said:

So to confirm, I should be fine using the same files for Reborn and Reborn redux, just moving the Game.rxdata between the two game's save folders, without any issue until the release of E19 (until you're able to make a patch)?

Yes

So...some of you may know about the error that causes the game to crash whenever you fight Cain. After overwriting every single file, I finally found what is probably causing it. I'm an idiot and somehow deleted one of the dll files which are the backbones of the game (it's a miracle it even ran without that). I included it in the OP but it can easily be found in reg reborn game files. I'm not planning on a reupload at this time since I'm working on the follower mod but at least now you do not have to worry about your settings. It's rubyscreen.dll in case you're only looking at this post.

In other news, I've fine tuned the system to work a bit better. There's some pain in the butt exceptions which either seem impossible to fix or things that will take a long time to do. It's mostly just little things so hopefully I'm done sooner than later. Got to Adventurine in the Healing spots.

Hi, 

I'm before amaria fight, but i can't find the pnj to switch the fight into master,

Can aynone tell me where his supposed to be ? I search obvouisly in the arena, the water, the house, but also in grand hall.

6 hours ago, rykh said:

Hi, 

I'm before amaria fight, but i can't find the pnj to switch the fight into master,

Can aynone tell me where his supposed to be ? I search obvouisly in the arena, the water, the house, but also in grand hall.

The condition for Amarias master fight is unusual. You need to be on the true route on top of another simple thing you probably never did. Has to do with an L.

4 hours ago, Commander said:

The condition for Amarias master fight is unusual. You need to be on the true route on top of another simple thing you probably never did. Has to do with an L.

So if i choose the wrong path, i can't access to the master fight ? (i'm in zekrom path, i don't know which one is the good/bad)

Edited by rykh

2 hours ago, rykh said:

So if i choose the wrong path, i can't access to the master fight ? (i'm in zekrom path, i don't know which one is the good/bad)

You can't do it in the Zerk path for now. I'll probably try to do something for that one in E19 but it will require redoing that whole event.

• 2 weeks later...

So now we're in the stage where I'm testing the follower mod through the main story making sure nothing funky happens. Guess what? Funky stuff happened so this will be a long test session (just got past Julia). After that, I'll swap sprites out with any Reborn made ones and then just make a release. It might be this week. It might be two weeks. I make no promises but I am doing some polishing and hopefully everything feels good and not weird since I am a bit picky when it comes to features.

Anyways, I've got a question for you all. So the hotkey switching your Pokemon in and out was Ctrl. Most people playing debug know this is a problem because ctrl also is for walk through walls. Currently, I set the input to be the "Tab" key as nobody really is going to use it outside of amusement but I kind of want to know what key (as long as it's not being used by something else) you want the send the Pokemon back in and out to be. I feel tab is fine but someone might have a better idea.

4 hours ago, Commander said:

I feel tab is fine but someone might have a better idea.

Tab should be fine imho.
By the way, have you considered also making it an entry either in the Pokemon menu or in the Options menu, if there isn't one already?
People would then have a way of doing this without memorizing an hotkey...

Tab is probably fine. But yeah, if it's possible to make it mappable, that'd be ideal.

Also earlier in this thread it said that the Mega/Z-Ring would be pushed back a bit, but on my recent hardcore run I ended up getting a Mega Z Ring from Arclight. Did that end up changing or did something catastrophically break?

Edit: As an aside, have you found it possible to do the Pokemon Refugees fight (the second one. First is easy with Moldbreaker) for the Aggronite without either Chesnaught or Kommo-O? I tried doing it without them for the challenge and it feels pretty impossible without hilariously good hax RNG not letting them move with rockslides or whatever.

Edited by Evan20000
Added a question

Hi, I have a question about TM breeding, I haven't been able to get it to work. I am using version 18.6 and no matter what I can't get TM moves to be passed down through breeding. I tried a couple different pokemon but most recently I had a Mothim with Hidden Power and Protect (Bug egg group) and a Surskit (Bug egg group) but the surskits hatch knowing only Bubble and Bug Bite. I did have some mods installed at first, deleted those but didn't fix it. Made a clean installation, tried starting a new game and installed it on a second computer and started a new game again but still nothing. Is there something I am missing? Does TM breeding get enabled later on in the game or was it removed?

On 8/20/2019 at 3:02 AM, Waynolt said:

Tab should be fine imho.
By the way, have you considered also making it an entry either in the Pokemon menu or in the Options menu, if there isn't one already?
People would then have a way of doing this without memorizing an hotkey...

I have considered the deactivating and activating in the start menu but that just is not practical as it's based off of an event tile and a usable even varies from map to map. Even if that were done, it'd throw so many errors due to how poorly made the darn thing is. If you want to try and build something around that, be my guest as I got the scripts mostly working in the ways I want them to (bar the darn single under the bridge that is not worth fixing). Like I said, I want this feature to turn out really nice since it's highly requested.

So I've got two videos for you demonstrating stuff you probably haven't seen been done in the original (or if it was damn Person was good at this). First is for a very pain in the butt stairs. Before I said stairs didn't work but...

Spoiler

That's just kind of demo of things I'm still hammering out and why I have to play the game fully for all of this crap. Now I have a video show one of the hardest things to design in the game. You know how the system wasn't really built to work with partners. Guess who decided to be a rebel and get it to work pretty well. Some of you are probably very aware of this scene but there are three different ways to start it (I only show one in the video)

Spoiler

I'm not going to promise High Quality implementation but I want the follower mod to feel like it belongs so many events need to be tweaked in order to do this. So don't expect a release to come quickly as I'll slowly be chipping away at it. Once I get to the end of E18 then it'll be time for a release and hopefully you guys really enjoy it because this is the second most draining feature I've implemented in Reborn (nowhere near as bad as the party system).

Now, I do have something if people want to help out (but it's not something I'm really expecting). There's these things where a Pokemon will react based on the map it's on. There's only a small handful of them done and I'd really like to have many more maps have unique dialogue. I'm not asking for like Shakespear but really just have fun coming up with three lines for each map. Or maybe just two. I'd love to do it myself but I have to shift all my focus on getting this thing to work due to its demands. So even a small helping hand here would actually mean a lot to both the Redux fanbase and eventually the Reborn fanbase (I'm not planning an E18 release for this but will consider it for E19 just due to the sheer amount of changes required).

18 hours ago, EyesOnKindred said:

A little question...How can I get Cain, Taka, Titania and Hardy as my party members? These four are the only party members left. 

IIRC, Cain is inside some building on the Wasteland as Evan20000 said.

Titania is on the North Aventurine Woods, I think near the guy that gives the Grassy Terrain Field Note. You also need a Blue Moon Ice Cream

Taka is in the 7th Street inside one those drug places (like where you fight the leader of the opposing gang for the weather TM). However I still don't know how to make him join the party.

No idea where Hardy is, still stuck on the Glass Gaunlet.

Edited by TripleHHH

On 8/24/2019 at 6:44 PM, TripleHHH said:

IIRC, Cain is inside some building on the Wasteland as Evan20000 said.

Titania is on the North Aventurine Woods, I think near the guy that gives the Grassy Terrain Field Note. You also need a Blue Moon Ice Cream

Taka is in the 7th Street inside one those drug places (like where you fight the leader of the opposing gang for the weather TM). However I still don't know how to make him join the party.

No idea where Hardy is, still stuck on the Glass Gaunlet.

Thank you so much! Hardy is in front of Nightclub, showing "waiting for someone". The condition for Taka joining the team is to give him a Garchomp. He'll refuse having it and join the team. 

I still don't know How to make Hardy join the party. He needs a Pokemon and I've tried more than 300 Pokemon but it simply doesn't work.

Edited by EyesOnKindred

Hello all! so, i'm new at the forum but im been playing reborn/reborn redux for quite a long time now, and i came here for a question. I need help finding Taka to join my party, im at resh path and someone said that he is at 7h street but i can't find him :(. Thanks in advance

11 hours ago, amds1 said:

Hello all! so, i'm new at the forum but im been playing reborn/reborn redux for quite a long time now, and i came here for a question. I need help finding Taka to join my party, im at resh path and someone said that he is at 7h street but i can't find him :(. Thanks in advance

I can't actually remember the exact timeframe he becomes available. I think it may actually be after Amaria and not Titania instead of when...it happens. You definitely are on the right path to recruit him though.

• Like 1

Got him! Thank you @Commander :D. Now Amaria and Hardy are the only members left... I've tried over 400 mons for Hardy and nothing seems to work.. my guess is that he needs a certain mon with a specific move but i have no clue. Are there any hints in game about it?

And for Amaria i can't find her at all. Tried to re-battle that nightmare and nothing changes... 

Also sorry to bother with so many questions but i really enjoy the party system and i want to get all of them before starting a mono-run with item ban 😄