The Unofficial V13 Discussion Thread

enderowl

well the name do dreamyard do suggest some things. pokemon like munna  and drowzee and their evos are definitely gonna be found there coz yk, the dream related aspect of these pokemon. plus they are all psychic and puppetmaster was a psychic type user, so its pretty much possible we are going into dreamyard the next ep. and who knows maybe some alternate dimension too. and there maybe an encounter with cresselia or darkrai here. but yes, its all hypothetical.

8 hours ago, Magus543 said:

So i still think Xenpurgis is some sort of mind control virus

That does seem likely. Blacksteeple has a little bit of dialogue about how all the people wouldn’t be around much longer. This would imply death, but it could also imply replacement with another personality, or mind control. The name also brings that to mind Walpurgis Night, a central European holiday celebrating Saint Walpurgis, known for battling witchcraft. There’s also a certain anime where a major antagonist is named Walpurgisnacht and is made up of a collection of souls. 

8 hours ago, Magus543 said:

Wonder if we will meet Crescent soo

I hope we do next episode.

On 11/27/2019 at 1:04 AM, ArcaneArceus said:

That does seem likely. Blacksteeple has a little bit of dialogue about how all the people wouldn’t be around much longer. This would imply death, but it could also imply replacement with another personality, or mind control. The name also brings that to mind Walpurgis Night, a central European holiday celebrating Saint Walpurgis, known for battling witchcraft. There’s also a certain anime where a major antagonist is named Walpurgisnacht and is made up of a collection of souls. 

I hope we do next episode.

As i recall, Neved mentioned something about an energy that is released when humans die? So far, the logic of Team Xen's plan is never explained.

18 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

As i recall, Neved mentioned something about an energy that is released when humans die? So far, the logic of Team Xen's plan is never explained.

It's not too unreasonable an idea, for what that's worth. We know pokemons' lifeforce can be harnessed thanks to both OrAs' Project Azoth and the Garufa's tendency to sacrifice them as part of their powerful rituals, and we aren't really all that different from them if we're to take Sinnoh's mythos at face value (which would be reasonable, considering how much of it we've seen in action directly).

Similarly, we also know that negative emotions, the other thing Team Xen was trying to gather at Blacksteeple IIRC, can have an impact the energy of the world thanks to both Gates To Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon, the latter of which is a known inspiration and resource for Rejuvenation.

So as far as I'm concerned, the question is less "how?" and more "why?".

8 minutes ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

It's not too unreasonable an idea, for what that's worth. We know pokemons' lifeforce can be harnessed thanks to both OrAs' Project Azoth and the Garufa's tendency to sacrifice them as part of their powerful rituals, and we aren't really all that different from them if we're to take Sinnoh's mythos at face value (which would be reasonable, considering how much of it we've seen in action directly).

Similarly, we also know that negative emotions, the other thing Team Xen was trying to gather at Blacksteeple IIRC, can have an impact the energy of the world thanks to both Gates To Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon, the latter of which is a known inspiration and resource for Rejuvenation.

So as far as I'm concerned, the question is less "how?" and more "why?".

Well, the most obvious would be world domination of some kind, possibly spanning dimensions. After all, Madame X does have a time diamond. With how Madame X treats her grunts, and how she goes on about cooperation, i would assume her lofty goal would also profit Team Xen as a whole. Personally, i think she wants control of Melia's light to become God and remake the universe in her image, very Cyrus with all the Sinnoh motifs going around.

39 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

I'm pretty sure this bit has to do with Yvetal harvesting power from death. Maybe they want to oppose the new Storm-9 but, as every Well Intentioned Extremist out there the "only" way they knew how was with death.

When did the old Storm-9 occur?

It can’t be too long before the main story as

Spoiler

Nastasia and Cella

were both born pre-Calamity, along with one side character in Sashila. However, both the side character and

Spoiler

Nastasia

don’t appear to be very old, unless Jan has said otherwise. But then there’s WLL dialogue and events putting the Calamity at least 25 years before the main story, probably more.

I’d like to place it at roughly 50 years before the main story, but that still doesn’t match perfectly with 

Spoiler

Nastasia, Cella, or the Sashila man’s

ages in the “now” Aevium. Unless Storm-9 is some weird time distorting event or Spacea/Tiempa are involved somehow.

I think with the flashbacks, Where Love Lives timeline (which happens at most a year after) and Keta & Aelita's ages it was like 30 something years (iirc there's a 15 year gap between Keta's arriving and Taelia & Nora's fates and by then Aelita's around 8 years old) 

As much as I hope that happens, I doubt that we're getting much soon. Based on the status thread's changes it seems that most of the development has been on the Reservoir, with a little bit of side questing. If anything, I think that it would just be a sort of teaser type thing

On 12/1/2019 at 7:09 PM, enderowl said:

I wonder if we are going to get new screenshots for the next version this week or next week.

How the heck did I almost get this right?  Also, it seems like we are going to be able to play as Venam in this chapter for a little bit.

Alright, so:

1. I take back what I said about no/little update.

and

2. Analysis Time!

So, in the first picture, we have what appears to be an old-fashioned/steampunk type museum. I see a Bastiodon? head on the wall, a teleporter, and a large amount of books and gears. The second picture has a big locked door, Armaldo skeleton, and more gears. Ther is alos a strange, possibly Pokemon related trio of objects towards the right. Based on that, I'd guess that this is possibly related to Saki with the heavy steampunk aesthetic, thought it could also be Past Aevium or the Puppet Master's true housing.

The third picture is perhaps the most enigmatic for me. We are standing on clifftop platform with bricks and tile that at first glance look similar to GDC. Upon close inspection, however the brick color doesn't quite match, and the tile is unlike any I could find. We also see black and red/pink banners, along with possibly traditional Japanese inspired lamps. The whole area seems almost like the entrance to some sort of shrine. Obviously, the three pictures all take place in the same general area, however, I think that the "shrine entrance" could be in a sort of courtyard within the museum portion.

The big question I have is where? Where does all of this fit into Aevium? Is this in Past Aevium, near GDC, Neverwinter, possibly Route 8 and the Dreamyard, or (probably the obvious answer) in some alternate dimension/Rift/etc.

17 hours ago, enderowl said:

How the heck did I almost get this right?  Also, it seems like we are going to be able to play as Venam in this chapter for a little bit.

I think the red haired sprite is supposed to be the MC placeholder so maybe with Venam but I'm no so sure we will play as her.

After playing up to the end of the current release and enjoying way more than i have enjoyed any other pokemon game before, this wait is going to be so painful. I'm playing through reborn since i haven't played through it yet and it just doesn't feel the same so i'm considering replaying rejuvenation again while i wait.

19 hours ago, ArcaneArceus said:

The third picture is perhaps the most enigmatic for me. We are standing on clifftop platform with bricks and tile that at first glance look similar to GDC. Upon close inspection, however the brick color doesn't quite match, and the tile is unlike any I could find. We also see black and red/pink banners, along with possibly traditional Japanese inspired lamps. The whole area seems almost like the entrance to some sort of shrine. Obviously, the three pictures all take place in the same general area, however, I think that the "shrine entrance" could be in a sort of courtyard within the museum portion.

The big question I have is where? Where does all of this fit into Aevium? Is this in Past Aevium, near GDC, Neverwinter, possibly Route 8 and the Dreamyard, or (probably the obvious answer) in some alternate dimension/Rift/etc.

The new pictures could also hint, that we will find another castle of the 7(?) ancient kingdoms from the lore (If I remember correctly, we already saw 3 of them). Either in the past as it seems rather well preserved (but the elevator in the first picture and the tubes/cables in the second picture don´t seem to support this) in the present and someone repaired or redesigned it. That would also connect with your "shrine entrance" theory. I´m really hyped for the next version O.o

No one that we’ve known, but we’ve visited three. Goldenwood, Goomidra, and the crumbling one, Zygara? in the Labyrinth near Sashila. There were 7 kingdoms though, and should probably be 7 castles when rejuv is done. I do agree with the side quest part, if it is a castle, it will almost certainly be a sidequest, just based on the other three.

19 minutes ago, Thund3rStrm said:

Do you think it's possible to beat madame x at blacksteeple if you sturdy destiny bond or something similar? Same with madelis in jenners lab when you use togepi (for example a spore metronome)

For Madame X, just use quick guard. Instant win. For Madelis, lower difficulty ro casual and prey.

I second the quick guard for Madame X, though it doesn’t really change anything, just a little bit of dialogue. For Madelis, I got the Chinese food from the sewers and used Yawn/Ancient Power, though you’ll need one or two stat boosts from the Ancient Power. It’s definitely a luck based match.

2 minutes ago, ArcaneArceus said:

I second the quick guard for Madame X, though it doesn’t really change anything, just a little bit of dialogue. For Madelis, I got the Chinese food from the sewers and used Yawn/Ancient Power, though you’ll need one or two stat boosts from the Ancient Power. It’s definitely a luck based match.

I mean, It gives karma and makes Madame X use a lazer that she "was hoping to save for another time", so it will affect something eventually.

1 hour ago, ArcaneArceus said:

No one that we’ve known, but we’ve visited three. Goldenwood, Goomidra, and the crumbling one, Zygara? in the Labyrinth near Sashila. There were 7 kingdoms though, and should probably be 7 castles when rejuv is done. I do agree with the side quest part, if it is a castle, it will almost certainly be a sidequest, just based on the other three.

What about Blacksteeple? Wasn't that one of the castles or was it just built fro team Xen