The Unofficial V13 Discussion Thread

enderowl

3 hours ago, Autumn Zephyr said:

I... doubt it. We've still got a few loose ends that need to be tied up in the Terrial Region still, and there's an entire area that we have to be allowed to explore to boot. The Dreamyard seems like a more reasonable next stop to me for that reason.

That said, we did recently gain access to the pier tied to Neverwinter in V12, and West Gearen was never accessable until after we finished up the business in Terajuma, so it's not a 100% impossibility. Perhaps we'll be allowed some limited exploration as a psuedo-postgame, like how the Zorrialin Labyrinth was in V11? 🤔

I mean, the name of the next version is "Puppet Master's House of Fantastic Fun" and Jan's location is Axis High University so im pretty sure we're gonna be in GDC... on the other hand, We're supposed to meet Nymiera in Zoralynn Desert so we'll see.

One, what’s the Dreamyard?

Two, I’m going to second the GDC setting of the next version/episode, though I do think that we’ll start off in Terrial with Alexandra’s meeting and a possible Nymeria explanation in Zoralynn.

The dreamyard is the closed place beyond the Darchlight woods and manor, with a guard currently saying it's closed. 

Also we shouldnt forget how we went right next to Team Xen and how we currently can go straight up to their doors. That part would be explored too.. 

I remember there being another area that we couldn't access yet near the Rose Theater, since two trainers where blocking that area. I just don't remember if we can go to that area yet in the current version of the game or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enderowl said:

I remember there being another area that we couldn't access yet near the Rose Theater, since two trainers where blocking that area. I just don't remember if we can go to that area yet in the current version of the game or not.

Yes we can go there, but for Route 10 does nothing, as it serves as a dock for a ship that sails to Neverwinter City, but we cannot go there yet. Only useful thing about Route 10 is that it allows us to catch a Wingull/Pelliper there I guess

1 hour ago, Illumi said:

Yes we can go there, but for Route 10 does nothing, as it serves as a dock for a ship that sails to Neverwinter City, but we cannot go there yet. Only useful thing about Route 10 is that it allows us to catch a Wingull/Pelliper there I guess

I mean, Pelipper is great for rain teams.

Ok, guys here me out, an item that you can give to Silvally, that can hold TWO memories making it to where you can turn Sivally into any dual type you want! Multi attack will work like revelation dance where it uses the first typing currently on the Sivally at the time.

I figured it could help Silvally to be more useful

35 minutes ago, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

Ok, guys here me out, an item that you can give to Silvally, that can hold TWO memories making it to where you can turn Sivally into any dual type you want! Multi attack will work like revelation dance where it uses the first typing currently on the Sivally at the time.

I figured it could help Silvally to be more useful

sword and shield spoiler:

Spoiler

Multi attack is 120 instead of 90 now so no need tbh

3 hours ago, nhehvnukl said:

sword and shield spoiler:

Hide contents

Multi attack is 120 instead of 90 now so no need tbh

SWEET ARCEUS OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY. that is a pretty nice boost for Silvaly.....

stillwantadualtypesivallythoughtbh

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch
added spoiler tags to leak/datamine/Gen 8 rumor stuff

I heard that there is a big bunch of moves being removed entirely from gen 8. I wonder if Rejuv will also adapt to this change or will it save everything as it was

Edited by Ice Cream Sand Witch
added spoiler tags to leak/datamine/Gen 8 rumor stuff

7 hours ago, Illumi said:

Hide contents

I heard that there is a big bunch of moves being removed entirely from gen 8. I wonder if Rejuv will also adapt to this change or will it save everything as it was

Sword and shield spoiler:

Spoiler

Hidden power, return/frustration, pursuit and a bunch of signature moves are gone for some reason. Its really dumb. (Just like the whole situation)...

So, with Sw/Sh now out some of the new mons seem really powerful. Galarian Darmanitan’s free Choice Band and Rillaboom’s free Grassy Terrain seem like they could unbalance the game in its current form. How do you think Jan will handle them and the new movesets?

TMs will have to be changed for obvious reasons. Hidden Power, Return, Frustration are all not in Gen 8 despite being almost universal in Rejuv. Some of the new moves could be retconned onto some older Pokemon if it fit thematically and new abilities and items need to be added in as well.

Edited by ArcaneArceus

Spoiler

Rillaboom's gonna stay, no problem. The other Types had top-end starters from the get-go while Grass was left wallowing in the dust (I don't think serperior quite holds up well to the likes of greninja and blaziken), and while the Crests have gone a long way to help out a couple of them, they're also really far in the game. Dealing with the non-starter specimens is as simple as just delaying its accessability to the late game for the people who didn't choose it in Jenner's Lab, no tweaking needed. The bigger problem starter-wise is honestly scorbunny, as it gives Fire access to the fun that used to be Water's domain alongside a signature move that can be best summed up as "Flare Blitz without many of the drawbacks of using Flare Blitz"- and frankly, I don't see that going anywhere either.

As for non-start powerhouses, one has to remember that the balance of Rejuvenation (outside of the pokes obtained from Jenner's Lab) comes very heavily from where the pokemon is found. Galarian darmanitan frankly isn't going to be unbalancing anything if they wait to put in the second area that it'd make sense in rather than the first- Neverwinter is going to be far more on par with its power level than the Tower of Theolia would be. What I want to know about this one is actually whether or not they'll let it use the Darmanitan Crest- I find G!Darmanitan's Zen Mode to be a hilarious design, personally, and don't really want to deal with the snowball afro to get to it.

There's honestly no need to remove the moves that GameFreak did, I feel- we have our own metagame that's already drastically different from SwSh's, so we don't need to follow their decisions to a T. Just as Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves will hang around, so to will the likes of Return and Hidden Power.

I also think it will be the easy way, to just add the new mons and regional forms without taking out the others, but wonder if we'll see Return/Frustration, Hidden Power and the others used by Galarian species.

I'm kinda wondering where we'll be able to find some of these new pokemon. Like would Nikit be found near Golden Wood, and will the Toxtricity line be found around Gareen City pre Neo?

IM so excited to see which pokemon we'll have acess to once the new Version comes out

On 10/27/2019 at 6:29 AM, Demone said:

This talk about Risa being an impostor reminded me about Cosmia and Comet the people who were impersonating the main character and their mother, its only been what, 4 episodes since they were on screen, think there was mention of Cosmia impersonating arena fighters though, really hoping they make an appearance so there's more info to theorycraft with besides, comet cant shapeshift and that Cosmia knows the identity of madame x.

They are affiliated with Madame X! If you do the quiz mission in Kristiline and you complete it, the dude says that he will tell you Madame X's identity. Before he can tell you, he gets taken BY Cosmia. I think that while Cosmia isn't Madame X, she is vital to the story and will become a problem later.

• Like 1

Hmm. This game has so many hints and small foreshadowings. Everything is probably already in the game, we just haven't looked hard enough!

So I finally reached the Dreamyard on Route 8, and it appears to be an abandoned factory in a forgotten corner of Aevium. Based on the name, it could be related to the Puppet Master and I'd predict that we might be seeing it soon. Or it could be v14 instead - based on the name of the next volume we might not get a gym leader. The Fairy and Dark badges look like they're related and probably going to be obtained at the same time.