The Unofficial V13 Discussion Thread

enderowl

8 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

I mean, technically we batteled Nastasia in an earlier version, before it was cut. Yes, Jan might have retconned it, but who's the elite 8 seems to be a little too big to retcon, ya feel?

I post way to much today but i am having fun with this so meh... okay first didn't know that (i started with V9), 2nd thinking about it Nancy beat her in Blacksteeple soo, i will admit it not being all that likely

Edited by Falirion

So, I have a couple of my theories about the black box.

1. The Meeseeks theory

I forgot who said it, but during the Blacksteeple Castle arc, it is implied that Nancy could be artificially made somewhat, so what if the black box works similarly to the Mr. Meseeks box from Rick and Morty, and can summon a new nancy or something along those lines

2. Xerneas is in it.

Obviously Yvetal is playing a key role in the plot of this game. Whether or not Madame X or Indraid is using it, Xerneas can and will put a stop to there plans faster than an anvil falling out of a plane tied to another anvil with rockets attached to it. So what if Indraid or someone else somehow sealed Xerneas inside that box to prevent it from interfering with Yvetal's actions? Granted that does raise the question of how Nancy got it.

Edited by Crimson_Mc_Black

I still think that the Black Box contains the MegaZ Ring. If Nancy is artificial, then she’s probably a maid akin to Kanon, and we’ve battled “Lingering Regret Nancy” during a sidequest in Amethyst Cave. The Xerneas theory does intrigue me though. Perhaps the box starts our merry band of heroes on a quest for Xerneas/Arceus.

With all the discussion about them, I feel like we should take stock of ALL of the legendaries. 

Spoiler

- Starting with Kanto, Mewtwo is the only one accounted for, currently MIA along with Crescent who’s “still alive-ness” is almost as obvious as Melia’s in Chapter 2. The Birds and Mew are both unaccounted for.

- Johto is also lacking in Legendaries accounted for, Celebi in Sheridan Village, and a statue of Suicune in the Shrine of Preservation. The other Beasts and Tower duo are both unaccounted for, though they might have been mentioned in dialogue that I’ve forgotten.

- Hoenn is when we really start to find some. The Regi trio was all likely under the Protectors of Aevium, though their current locations are unknown. Latios is with Damien and Latias is with Alexandra. Groudon and Kyogre have both been battled in Caratos and Valor respectively. Rayquaza’s whereabouts are still unknown along with Jirachi though “Deoxys” has been battled both in Past Aevium and on Terajuma.

- Sinnoh is where we really know what’s going on. The Lake trio, in my opinion, are found with their shrines across Aevium. Mesprit in Goldenwood Park, Uxie in Aquamarine Cave, and Azelf in Honec Woods, though these could truly just be shrines. What’s interesting is that all three are in their own separate areas, Secret Shrine, Aquamarine Shrine, and Honec Shrine. The Creation Trio is obviously Spacea, Tiempa, and Griselda. Regigigas's location in the past and present are unknown, but it could be with Nymeria. Phione can be caught, and Arceus is referenced especially with the Archetype and Nymeria. Cresselia and Darkrai are missing, as is Manaphy, Shaymin, and Heatran.

- Unova is entirely absent, with no appearances for any legendary.

- Kalos is highly represented. Madame X uses Yveltal, while Indriad is implied to have connections. The Calamity looks to me like an Yveltal attack what with the stone people, huge death zone, and connections between the antagonists. Xerneas isn’t explicitly mentioned, but IT’S THE GAME ICON, for heaven’s sake. Zygarde can be caught and used in battle. Karen has Diancie as her signature Pokemon. Volcanion was in Caratos as a rift, leaving the only one missing as Hoopa.

- Finally, Alola. There’s not many percentage-wise, but plenty present: Type:Null and Silvally with us and Ren, Xurkitree with Kieran, Nagandel with Freya, Meltan in the EV training room, and Nihilego that appeared in WLL. The rest - the Guardians, Lights, Magearna, Zeraora, Marshadow, Melmetal, and the rest of the Ultra Beasts - are absent. 

Edit: updated list from original with new info

Edited by ArcaneArceus

I also see the black box as the Mega-Z-Ring... The weak point with Black Box-Xerneas is how it seems to be more associated with Melia (light, colours, direct counterpart with Madame X) while the Interceptor could end up being something akin to Zygarde as they've been said to be the balance outside of fate.

As for the other legendaries, I would incude the obviously associated Registeel-Hazuki (metal weapons, armor, rounded hairstyle, completing the triad) and the (although weaker) Regigigas-Nymeria (the leader of the other three, references in the lore).

Yeah, Melia is probably connected to Xerneas. I hope that in the Box, Nancy left more than just one thing. It would be the perfect way to kick off a hunt for Xerneas too, the fairy-type wielder giving clues to what could stop the Calamity/Storm 9.

2 hours ago, kithas said:

I would incude the obviously associated Registeel-Hazuki (metal weapons, armor, rounded hairstyle, completing the triad) and the (although weaker) Regigigas-Nymeria (the leader of the other three, references in the lore).

Thanks for this! I really didn’t stop to think about who could be related to the others (besides the Creation trio), but both of these make sense and help account for some that should have been seen by now, but haven’t.

4 hours ago, ArcaneArceus said:

I still think that the Black Box contains the MegaZ Ring. If Nancy is artificial, then she’s probably a maid akin to Kanon, and we’ve battled “Lingering Regret Nancy” during a sidequest in Amethyst Cave. The Xerneas theory does intrigue me though. Perhaps the box starts our merry band of heroes on a quest for Xerneas/Arceus.

With all the discussion about them, I feel like we should take stock of ALL of the legendaries. 

Hide contents

- Starting with Kanto, Mewtwo is the only one accounted for, currently MIA along with Crescent who’s “still alive-ness” is almost as obvious as Melia’s in Chapter 2. The Birds and Mew are both unaccounted for.

- Johto is also lacking in Legendaries accounted for, Celebi in Sheridan Village, and a statue of Suicune in the Shrine if Preservation. The other Beasts and Tower duo are both unaccounted for, though they might have been mentioned in dialogue that I’ve forgotten.

- Hoenn is when we really start to find some. Two of the Regi trio were under the Protectors of Aevium, Regice and Regirock, while Registeel was found under Amethyst cave during the same sidequest as we battled Nancy. Latios is with Damien, though Latias is still missing. Groudon and Kyogre have both been battled in Caratos and Valor respectively. Rayquaza’s whereabouts are still unknown along with Jirachi though “Deoxys” has been battled both in Past Aevium and on Terajuma.

- Sinnoh is where we really know what’s going on. The Lake trio, in my opinion, are found with their shrines across Aevium. Mesprit in Goldenwood Park, Uxie in Aquamarine Cave, and Azelf in Honec Woods, though these could truly just be shrines. What’s interesting is that all three are in their own separate areas, Secret Shrine, Aquamarine Shrine, and Honec Shrine. The Creation Trio is obviously Spacea, Tiempa, and Griselda. Phione can be caught, and Arceus is referenced especially with the Archetype and Nymeria. Cresselia and Darkrai are missing, as is Manaphy, Shaymin, and Heatran, and Regigigas.

- Unova is entirely absent, with no appearances for any legendary.

- Kalos is highly represented. Madame X uses Yveltal, while Indriad is implied to have connections. The Calamity looks to me like an Yveltal attack what with the stone people, huge death zone, and connections between the antagonists. Xerneas isn’t explicitly mentioned, but IT’S THE GAME ICON, for heaven’s sake. Zygarde can be caught and used in battle. Karen has Diancie as her signature Pokemon. The only two missing are Hoopa and Volcanion, though they really haven’t been in the games.

- Finally, Alola. There’s only a few present: Type: Null and Silvally with us and Ren, Nagandel with Freya, Meltan in the EV training room, and Nihilego that appeared in WLL. The rest - the Guardians, Lights, Magearna, Marshadow, Zeraora, Melmetal, and the rest of the Ultra Beasts - are absent. 

Kieran uses the electric ultra beast that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of, rift volcanion is a thing and its mentioned it has a mother. Also considering nightmare city, Crescent is 100% alive rn. Might be captured though.

So who thinks the next Gym might be? all we have left are steel(Saki/other) Dragon, (Damien) Fairy(Unknown), and Dark (maybe ambers father)

I think, considering that the next story involves the puppet master, he might fill in the role of either the fairy gym or the dark gym similar to what he did for the Physic gym when Lavender was admitted to the Hospital Runed by Crazy Body Swapping Man

Thanks everyone for the legendary info.

2 hours ago, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

So who thinks the next Gym might be? all we have left are steel(Saki/other) Dragon, (Damien) Fairy(Unknown), and Dark (maybe ambers father)

How many chapters will v13 be? If it's only one, then I think that it'll be something like the Puppet Master for dark type though I'm not sure. If it's two, then I'm predicting dark and dragon. Jan said in the QnA that the dark and fairy leaders are people we've already met along with the Elite 8. Amber's dad was Keta's brother but he died in WLL and doesn't appear in the main game.

So we've got Dark, Fairy, Steel and Dragon, iirc. We know Saki's Steel (and we're possibly facing her soon, since she's the only one who we know nothing about, plus now we know her grandma) and Damon's Dragon. I still think Nastasia or Cassandra could be one of them. It could be V (the shady character from GDC's Underground who claims to own ANA). I think we still don't know if Dylan could be (it doesn't seem the case as he escapes GDC without looking back).

1 hour ago, kithas said:

I still think Nastasia or Cassandra could be one of them. It could be V (the shady character from GDC's Underground who claims to own ANA).

Cassandra could definitely be one of them. We haven't gotten a "proper"* GDC gym battle yet either, and what better way than with the Team Xen affiliated mayor of the City? While I haven't really thought that Nastasia would be a main battle, but after some more thought, it does make sense. Team Xen admin, mysterious pre-calamity figure, seems to want to help us overall. In my opinion, if she isn't a main battle figure, she'll be one of the main "lorekeepers" for us and she'll probably be the one to tell us about the Calamity and help us in the eventual Indriad fight.

*By proper, I mean like a GDC gym leader. The Puppet Master doesn't count as they seem to be more of an "overarching" character. Adam doesn't count as he was part of the tournament and isn't based in GDC, and Flora/Florin barely counts as we hadn't even reached GDC when we battled her/him.

Edited by ArcaneArceus

5 hours ago, ArcaneArceus said:

Thanks everyone for the legendary info.

How many chapters will v13 be? If it's only one, then I think that it'll be something like the Puppet Master for dark type though I'm not sure. If it's two, then I'm predicting dark and dragon. Jan said in the QnA that the dark and fairy leaders are people we've already met along with the Elite 8. Amber's dad was Keta's brother but he died in WLL and doesn't appear in the main game.

IMG-20190819-WA0014.jpg.7472f18c8993e9db322457c99e052db7.jpg

This is the gym badges order Jan released a while back. Steel is next, then its fairy, then its dark, then its dragon.

Well I might aswell reitterat popular theory, looking at the design for the fairy and dark badges, the colour scheme kinda looks lika cosmias hair (the one that pretendend to be nancy), so popular theory holds that she together with Comet might field the the Fairy and dark leaders (possibly at the same time), whether that's true or not just looking at the design implies that fairy and dark are connected in some way.
Fun thing about that is also that i seem to recall that Jan at some point mentioned the possibility of a Version without a new badge, and looking at the level caps, the Version after the next seems to be the spot for that to happen, after the next badge the level cap jumps by 10 levels, it doesn't do that anywhere else. it the cap also doesn't go up after the fairy badge, which could play into the doubles theory.

The very next one is steel, we already know saki is steel, and looking at the design of the badge we are not gonna get a substitute either (It's literally her family crest with her personal initial added).

I saw a theory a while ago that suggested Alice and Allen would be the Dark and Fairy leaders, which could apply to everything in the above post other than the hair thing. It would also fit the pokemon they summoned in Eclysia (Sableye and Alolan Ninetales respectively)..

18 minutes ago, Paperblade said:

I saw a theory a while ago that suggested Alice and Allen would be the Dark and Fairy leaders, which could apply to everything in the above post other than the hair thing. It would also fit the pokemon they summoned in Eclysia (Sableye and Alolan Ninetales respectively)..

That was me! Also, Alice thinks being a gym leader sounds fun, which fits this!

29 minutes ago, Falirion said:

Well I might aswell reitterat popular theory, looking at the design for the fairy and dark badges, the colour scheme kinda looks lika cosmias hair (the one that pretendend to be nancy), so popular theory holds that she together with Comet might field the the Fairy and dark leaders (possibly at the same time), whether that's true or not just looking at the design implies that fairy and dark are connected in some way.
Fun thing about that is also that i seem to recall that Jan at some point mentioned the possibility of a Version without a new badge, and looking at the level caps, the Version after the next seems to be the spot for that to happen, after the next badge the level cap jumps by 10 levels, it doesn't do that anywhere else. it the cap also doesn't go up after the fairy badge, which could play into the doubles theory.

The very next one is steel, we already know saki is steel, and looking at the design of the badge we are not gonna get a substitute either (It's literally her family crest with her personal initial added).

Saki has a crest? Anyways, couldnt it also be Hazuki, as she's a Blackory as well and is presumebly a steel type user? (As for the initials, theyre S.A and Saki's name is Saki Blackory, no A anywhere in sight)

17 minutes ago, nhehvnukl said:

That was me! Also, Alice thinks being a gym leader sounds fun, which fits this!

Saki has a crest? Anyways, couldnt it also be Hazuki, as she's a Blackory as well and is presumebly a steel type user? (As for the initials, theyre S.A and Saki's name is Saki Blackory, no A anywhere in sight)

That's supposed to be a B, the lower bar is cut of due to the shape, (considering how small these are supposed to be it would be difficult to fit) but a big B on blue ground is how the family symbol of the Blakeory's  looks, compare with the banners in scholar districts library for example

Edited by Falirion

3 minutes ago, Falirion said:

That's supposed to be a B, the lower bar is cut of due to the shape, (considering how small these are supposed to be it would be difficult to fit) but a big B on blue ground is how the family symbol of the Blakeory's  looks, compare with the banners in scholar districts library for example

Now that you mention it, yeah I can see it. Aight, next verision we fight Saki. Hype!

Now that we know what the next gym could be, who thinks how Jan will use Dynamax/Gigamax in the story? will they just be something you can do like with z-moves and Megas, or will she implement them in the main story or a side quest?

If the leaks for sword and shield are to be trusted, than Dyna/Giga maxing is a result of the evil Legendary (I think its called Enternia) causing it to destroy humankind. So if that's true, it'll be interesting if Jan puts it into the story as like a Godzilla arc or something

Also any ideas about that weird purple forest in the south eastern Zorrialyn desert that flora made ( and quite possibly corrupted)?

3 hours ago, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

Now that we know what the next gym could be, who thinks how Jan will use Dynamax/Gigamax in the story? will they just be something you can do like with z-moves and Megas, or will she implement them in the main story or a side quest?

If the leaks for sword and shield are to be trusted, than Dyna/Giga maxing is a result of the evil Legendary (I think its called Enternia) causing it to destroy humankind. So if that's true, it'll be interesting if Jan puts it into the story as like a Godzilla arc or something

Also any ideas about that weird purple forest in the south eastern Zorrialyn desert that flora made ( and quite possibly corrupted)?

Jan confirmed no dynamax.

Flora's goal is to restore the badlands so I doubt she's the cause of that.

Edited by nhehvnukl

Hmm, that purple forest is called Poiloethal Forest which is a pseudoscientific name and eerily similar to Poipole, Nagandel's pre-evolution. I'd guess that the forest is some sort of portal to the Ultra Beast's home dimension and is related to Freya and Kieran in some way. It also has a heavy poison-type theme with both a Poison gem and a poison damage reducing berry found outside. It could be the result of Freya and her Nagandel during the Xen attack on Alamissa.

OFMG my dudes! While I was eating my lunch I was thinking about our inevitable rematch against Madame X and her Yvetal with that Priority OHKO move and how to beat it when I realized that we can completely deny that move (forgot what it was called) with a Tsareena with the queenly majesty ability (It prevents your opponents from using Priority moves!)

.......Unless it knows other moves (i.e. Oblivion Wing) but it is something to consider.

1 hour ago, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

OFMG my dudes! While I was eating my lunch I was thinking about our inevitable rematch against Madame X and her Yvetal with that Priority OHKO move and how to beat it when I realized that we can completely deny that move (forgot what it was called) with a Tsareena with the queenly majesty ability (It prevents your opponents from using Priority moves!)

.......Unless it knows other moves (i.e. Oblivion Wing) but it is something to consider.

It ignores abillities, so Tsareena is out. Quick guard on the other hand... (also the first fight with her is beatable and it leads to a "different" outcome, if ya didnt know)

Wooh! New development news!

So, it seems that Jan has revamped Route 4 into a massive area known as “The Reservoir”. It’s a bit of a shame for me, as I really liked Route 4’s aesthetic, but overall I like this change.

Anyway, on to speculation! So basic question, what do you think will happen to the Lost Camp entrance? Personally, I think that it’ll be moved somewhere more “hidden” in the Reservoir, but I want to see what you think. Second, what Pokemon, possible legendaries, and secrets do you guys think could be hiding in the Reservoir? Third, it seems that v13 is going to be BIG, Galar Pokemon, massive old area revamps, and, of course, new story content and areas. I’m actually more hyped for this than Sw/Sh. Finally, who do you think we’ll get to battle in the Reservoir? I’m leaning towards a battle with at least one of the other protagonists, possibly Nim, and maybe even a major story battle later.

Edited by ArcaneArceus
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ArcaneArceus said:

Wooh! New development news!

So, it seems that Jan has revamped Route 4 into a massive area known as “The Reservoir”. It’s a bit of a shame for me, as I really liked Route 4’s aesthetic, but overall I like this change.

Anyway, on to speculation! So basic question, what do you think will happen to the Lost Camp entrance? Personally, I think that it’ll be moved somewhere more “hidden” in the Reservoir, but I want to see what you think. Second, what Pokemon, possible legendaries, and secrets do you guys think could be hiding in the Reservoir? Third, it seems that v13 is going to be BIG, Galar Pokemon, massive old area revamps, and, of course, new story content and areas. I’m actually more hyped for this than Sw/Sh. Finally, who do you think we’ll get to battle in the Reservoir? I’m leaning towards a battle with at least one of the other protagonists, possibly Nim, and maybe even a major story battle later.

well its just in the starting stages and jan will definitely keep those aesthetics or maybe make it better. but definitely we are gonna get something really good out of that route.