Spoiler Discussion

Jan

20 hours ago, Mei-o_Scarlett said:

Ok correct me if I'm wrong but I remember someone here said this game will be up to v16 which is fair enough

But also heard that Madame x identity and stuff won't be resolved until then?

So we gonna get another reborn situation where we don't deal with the endgame boss until actual end of the post game or something

Correct me if I'm wrong but it'll be pretty anti climatic tbh if reju goes the same route

I am pretty sure Jan debunked that in one of his Asks at Tumblr.

On 12/1/2021 at 3:10 AM, Nocturne93 said:

It's probably related to the project with the drill. There's a large building on the east side of town where you can learn more about it. 

As confirmed on Jan's Tumblr account, the mining cave in Akuwa Town was planned to be postgame. As, and I quote, "Cerulean Cave type deal." So yeah we won't be getting it for a long while but we can speculate as to what it could be.

• 4 weeks later...

Hy, just started a new run and being on Chapter 4 now.

Before I go to Route 3, wanted I do all missing Sidequests.

I found Erin in the libary in East Gearen City.

I just want to know if I can encounter her again in the next time, or will I just see her later in the story again?

• 1 month later...

I don't know where I can say this but I will say it here; Rejuvenation is an amazing game..holy cow; I love this story! why did it take so long for me to think of playing it...love it very much, thanks for making this great game guys! I look forward to its completion one day; For now, gonna enjoy the rest of the game. =)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I wasn't too sure where to put this, but I'm going to assume that the spoiler tread is good enough of a fit. Ever since playing Rejuvenation I've been in love with it and I had in mind a couple of theories about the game that I've been sitting on for a while. Granted they might be incredibly flawed because I only played through the game once and without sidequests completed (but tbh I don't know how much info those give). It's also been a year since said playthrough so I might also remember details incorrectly.

Chapter 12's Bad Future shenanigans were supposed to be a scheme from Spacea and Tiempa to get rid of the player character and manipulate Melia into being more "obedient" to the Stormchaser's deal. 1st point towards this is the people that are sent to the Bad Future, being the player character, Melia and Madame X, with this last one being there to make sure that Melia survives. If I remember correctly, X mentioned being given a "spent" Time Diamond to explain why she even was there in the first place. What I think the plan was is to have the player character die along the way (which would have happened if not for Interceptor powers) and also have a Melia with a completely destroyed psyche, which would theoretically - very much theoretically - easier to keep under control.

One precedent of trying to take people close to Melia out of the picture would be in Chapter 9, where you were being sent back to the past to find the bomb and if you failed, your memories would have been wiped. The interesting thing is that apparently Karrina was also being sent to do the same, so the assumption could be that if that were to happen, they could have proceeded with the wipe without any suspicious circumstances being involved.

On a wider scale, I would say that Spacea and Tiempa do try to have complete control over all the Stormchasers, with them only showing up once in a while to be able to talk - while being the image of deities - and ending the lives of those that outlived their usefulness.

A detail to support this could be the diaries that apparently all members must keep, which would be an invaluable source of information to know exactly what they are thinking. 

None of this is very solid but I liked the sound of it enough to try and post it out to the public:)

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 4:46 AM, WackyToast said:

I wasn't too sure where to put this, but I'm going to assume that the spoiler tread is good enough of a fit. Ever since playing Rejuvenation I've been in love with it and I had in mind a couple of theories about the game that I've been sitting on for a while. Granted they might be incredibly flawed because I only played through the game once and without sidequests completed (but tbh I don't know how much info those give). It's also been a year since said playthrough so I might also remember details incorrectly.

Chapter 12's Bad Future shenanigans were supposed to be a scheme from Spacea and Tiempa to get rid of the player character and manipulate Melia into being more "obedient" to the Stormchaser's deal. 1st point towards this is the people that are sent to the Bad Future, being the player character, Melia and Madame X, with this last one being there to make sure that Melia survives. If I remember correctly, X mentioned being given a "spent" Time Diamond to explain why she even was there in the first place. What I think the plan was is to have the player character die along the way (which would have happened if not for Interceptor powers) and also have a Melia with a completely destroyed psyche, which would theoretically - very much theoretically - easier to keep under control.

One precedent of trying to take people close to Melia out of the picture would be in Chapter 9, where you were being sent back to the past to find the bomb and if you failed, your memories would have been wiped. The interesting thing is that apparently Karrina was also being sent to do the same, so the assumption could be that if that were to happen, they could have proceeded with the wipe without any suspicious circumstances being involved.

On a wider scale, I would say that Spacea and Tiempa do try to have complete control over all the Stormchasers, with them only showing up once in a while to be able to talk - while being the image of deities - and ending the lives of those that outlived their usefulness.

A detail to support this could be the diaries that apparently all members must keep, which would be an invaluable source of information to know exactly what they are thinking. 

None of this is very solid but I liked the sound of it enough to try and post it out to the public:)

Right now, the player is the Melia's most dangerous ally, due to their unpredictable power (remember: the "MC" is locking half of player's power away with their aggreement and right now, they are still sleeping inside of "us"), we still don't know Spacea and Tiempa's goals and we don't know how much their presence will affect future chapters. If they are trying to "subdue" Melia due to her ""nature"", it will be really hard...

On 6/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, PoketrainerZane said:

Truth is there is one person that madam x could be and it is Crescent unless they add another character

Doesn't v13's ending kinda debunk that theory? We see Madame X follow Ren, Melia and Venam in Pearl route but we know for a fact that Creasant was trapped until the end of Platinium route.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing i'm especially interested in right now is how and when Xerneas will show up in the story for multiple reasons:

1. It's Yveltals counterpart

2. Correct if i'm wrong but wasn't there a scene in the story where they talked about how fairy types can't be turned into shadow pokemon? I don't remember which characters talked about it or if it was in some sort of note/diary since it's been so long.

3. The scene where Mega Audino(also a fairy type) was able to free Gloria (Hippowdon) from it's DR Form.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First off gargantuan effort and all that, enormous amount of text, structuring and highlighting, massive props for that, but as i read more it just feels like a lot of it is based on random assumptions. I might not remember things as well since i didnt replay it since release of v13, but still.

This entire thing is full of assumptions and replacing pieces we don't currently have with what's convenient for the narrative, grabbing for words where there is incredibly clearly no need for it, such as with the maids and them being "created" (i think it's beyond obvious all they mean is that homunculi like them, created only to serve Indriad, have no reason to exist, this have nothing to do with world creation). 

Also any thesis have a purpose, i can't see any kind of conclusion of purpose of this. What this thesis wanted to say? What's the conclusion or main points or what did it try to say?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 3:09 PM, HakuryuYukio said:

One thing i'm especially interested in right now is how and when Xerneas will show up in the story for multiple reasons:

1. It's Yveltals counterpart

2. Correct if i'm wrong but wasn't there a scene in the story where they talked about how fairy types can't be turned into shadow pokemon? I don't remember which characters talked about it or if it was in some sort of note/diary since it's been so long.

3. The scene where Mega Audino(also a fairy type) was able to free Gloria (Hippowdon) from it's DR Form.

Welp, we first need to study all details them:

-Madame X's Yveltal has a Soul Stone, meaning it could have a soul inside, like we have Anathea on ours;

-An Yveltal cocoon can be found with Dive in the Sheridian Wetlands

-Melanie has Yveltal

-Both Madame X and Melanie had a "Father thing", plus the first one knows that it's dangerous to make physical contact with the second, for some reason.

My theory is that Yveltal could be:

-Indriad's old ace, so Madame X (maybe someone loyal to him?) and Melanie have him for this

-Indriad himself, a reincarnation or maybe a sort of "weak form" due to fighting Marianette (?), only in the present

-A sort of guardian who keeps Indriad locked in the Soul Stone, knowing his dangerous nature

About Xerneas...

-Storm-9 is a Xerneas, in the files...maybe a coincidence

-Appeared many times in statues like Blacksteeple, which was Nymiera's before Team Xen

-It was Rejuv's logo when opening the game

My guess is that Xerneas could be Nymiera's other ace (since I think she had Regigigas), herself too or Nym in her "purest form".

On 8/15/2023 at 2:48 PM, Cyphre said:

First off gargantuan effort and all that, enormous amount of text, structuring and highlighting, massive props for that, but as i read more it just feels like a lot of it is based on random assumptions. I might not remember things as well since i didnt replay it since release of v13, but still.

This entire thing is full of assumptions and replacing pieces we don't currently have with what's convenient for the narrative, grabbing for words where there is incredibly clearly no need for it, such as with the maids and them being "created" (i think it's beyond obvious all they mean is that homunculi like them, created only to serve Indriad, have no reason to exist, this have nothing to do with world creation). 

Also any thesis have a purpose, i can't see any kind of conclusion of purpose of this. What this thesis wanted to say? What's the conclusion or main points or what did it try to say?

It's a literary methodology based on presumption of foreshadowing as a means of predicting the future. I would claim the largest assumption made is simply that Jan is an excellent storyteller, and that every breadcrumb he's left foreshadows and fits into a future plot.

If that holds, you can immediately make inferences like -- Rifts slot into the greater plot eventually. The Prophecies of Light and Dark are true. Erin's expressed doubts about the legitimacy of "the past" hold water. Yveltal is actually Melanie/MX-Xen's dad. That sort of thing.

Absent that, the entire analysis is bunk. Nothing more than a bunch of useless assumptions.

But, Jan's storytelling is exactly what inspired this. The crazy bastard put GOLD TEXT in his game, dammit. It was a magnet.

Re: the point. There is no point. Only a relentless obsession.

Well... Actually the point is to be able to say "I told you so" if all of this comes to pass. And I do think much of it will. Precisely, again, because Jan is an excellent storyteller, and there are only so many ways to fit all of the shards he's left us together into a whole.

Edited by Kaizuki
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just some idle thoughts I want to speak about, get off my mind. Edit: The odds of the teaser trailer being released the next day lmao

Spoiler

I highly doubt Jean and Xara are actually dead. There's a lot of holes towards the end of the story when we find out about Clear and Kieran, and some things don't quite add up. 

First and foremost, the dittos are still doing their work. Someone is commanding them to do things, and while you could argue that Clear and Kieran are doing it, it's definitely something to bring up.

Secondly, Xara and Jean's deaths are the only ones we never see on screen during the flashbacks. They're the only ones we legitimately do not see clear answers to. We find out what happened to Amanda. We find out what happened to Rune. We find out what happened to Risa. And everyone else. Except Xara and Jean. That's left ambiguous and unanswered. We just take their words are face value and are to accept it? 

Thirdly, timelines aren't matching up. We know Clear and Kieran are capable of time and space travel, but what are their limits and what are their end goals? Certain things just don't line up. Also, specifically I think it's Kieran is capable of ultra space travel and clear is capable of time travel. I wouldn't be surprised if their third party member was capable of reverse world travel. This is a bit of a tangent, but I idly wonder if they're the beings the Garufans made that were mentioned in the underwater facilities.

Back on track, I think one of the reasons Clear and Kieran were so desperate to clear their info from the machine was because it contained information on what truly happened to Xara and Jean. It would make sense, and be convenient, if Jean and Xara were presumed dead due to their illicit dealings among other things. 

I'll put together a more comprehensive timeline later and sort through my thoughts, just wanted to put this out there if anyone had anything to add or suggest.

Edited by Pokerus
Working up the courage for posting theory crafting and then teaser for 13.5 drops next day. Incredible tbh
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, SaurianFan said:

Exactly how many new Aevian forms are in Update V13.5? Please don't tell me what they are, just how many there are and vaguely when you obtain them.

I can only say for about a few of them so far, but I know that two are on Terajuma Island, one you get in a quest in the Badlands, another set of two on Terrial Island in the woods and cave, one you can get via help center quest, and one you find in a tower at GDC. That's all the ones I currently know of. Others I've seen but don't know how to access.

Something new that I have a feeling is intentional: Back during v13 after beating Adam and dealing with the tournament arc you could go to a move rememberer and be able to learn egg moves

Under this new update however it seems that this is no longer the case, or if it still is then I got no idea where the egg move tutor would be.

New Madame X Cheese strat:

Spoiler

Okay so her Yveltal is now level 75 but it's only move isn't just Decimation anymore. It has, at least, Decimation, Hurricane, and Focus Blast. This means you can't just cheese through Decimation with Quick Guard anymore.

However! If you're familiar with the cheese strat for beating the Death Wing in Akuwa Town, you're in luck, because with the way boss fights are handled now, and(for what I suspect to be on purpose) Yveltal doesn't have any extra HP bars. Not that I think this strat would change, but if it did you'd just have to find a way around Neved with 4 Pokemon instead of 5.

But back to the strat: You are given a Focus Sash in the Piano Lady's room, and this is what makes me think the whole thing is rigged to begin with, but obviously you need the proper Pokemon for it to begin with. Give it to any Pokemon with Endeavor. You see where this is going. Drop Yveltal to 1 HP then kill it with a Talonflame with Gale Wings. Gale Wings is necessary because it's a priority move that out priorities Decimation.

If you're worried about wasting the Focus Sash, worry not. Consumables appear to not be used in battle anymore. APPEAR. Don't quote me on this and make sure you both test for yourself and SAVE OFTEN. Edit: Okay I was wrong, it appears to only function sometimes, or maybe Sturdy from Donphan just activated before Focus Sash. 

And remember to have fun. :) Now get out there and slap Madame X around. For Nancy.

Edited by Pokerus
new info

Jesus Christ the legwork to get the Renegade ending is miserable. Being such an asshole to everyone, tearing them down as they bare their heart to you, is awful. Nym especially get fucking destroyed, Marianette just behind. Yet when you open the sidequest tab you see that the Interceptor seems to genuinely care, genuinely worries about them but is forced to say absolutely disgusting things to their friends. I wonder if it's something like a Kris situation, where they are canonically a vessel (beyond the character they already occupy being one for them) and us just puppetting them around. Even on that path, they still shield their friends against Madame X, they still break down after the death of their mom (even tho you can be a complete asshole to her too). 

Congrats to the team, they've managed to make me feel like a complete monster and I'm not even at the worst part yet. 

If anyone is replaying the game from the start as well, in GDC after first Risa fight there is a dream with a chess game and a guy asks to input his name. I tried everything i think could be relevant but it's something entirely new i guess, i'm not doing another playthrough just for this so can someone PM me the name? 

For those interested to see what he says there, it's 

Spoiler

Zetta