Spoiler Discussion

Jan

24 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:
  Hide contents

I have the gut feeling we'll defeat for sure Clear and Kieran, but with Madame X? We'll supposed to beat her, but at some points, there will be an "the enemy of my enemy is my enemy " situation and we'll have again to put forces together to defeat a bigger threat. After all, we have many threats to finish. My guess, we'll face these in this order:

-Xenpurgis

-Clear and Kieran (or inverted with Xenpurgis)

-M2 in Renegade Route

-Vitus, in the past, so in his "prime"

-Madame X (inverted with Vitus, maybe)

-The World Shatterer, mainly on Paragon Route

Spoiler

But will MC face Storm-9 or not?

1 hour ago, SoulN7 said:
  Hide contents

It might depends on her mood, who knows.

Spoiler

reminds me do we learn more about it now? ive played paragon and vitus is death ,nymieria is balance ,and heard some teories about life the missing one being storm 9 which doesnt make much sense

1 minute ago, Mudkip604 said:
  Hide contents

reminds me do we learn more about it now? ive played paragon and vitus is death ,nymieria is balance ,and heard some teories about life the missing one being storm 9 which doesnt make much sense

Spoiler

This "information" can be found on the Pictures folder, still. Vitus is Death and he's Yveltal's host, Nimyera is Life and she's Xerneas's host and Missing.exe is Balance and it's Zygarde's host. At this point, I don't know who could be. Unknown gender and 25 years of age. I'm not feeling this will be a known character.

13 minutes ago, SoulN7 said:
  Hide contents

This "information" can be found on the Pictures folder, still. Vitus is Death and he's Yveltal's host, Nimyera is Life and she's Xerneas's host and Missing.exe is Balance and it's Zygarde's host. At this point, I don't know who could be. Unknown gender and 25 years of age. I'm not feeling this will be a known character.

Spoiler

yeah i was remembering that wrong still with those 3 ,adrest ,spacia and tiempa we have 6 of the 18 souls.Still the regis quests paint nymieria in a much darker tone like she orquestrated the events that broke and sent hazuki and vivian towards her so they could serve her.Despite doing a paragon run i chose to destroy the terminal because that felt like the right thing to do

2 minutes ago, Mudkip604 said:
  Hide contents

yeah i was remembering that wrong still with those 3 ,adrest ,spacia and tiempa we have 6 of the 18 souls.Still the regis quests paint nymieria in a much darker tone like she orquestrated the events that broke and sent hazuki and vivian towards her so they could serve her.Despite doing a paragon run i chose to destroy the terminal because that felt like the right thing to do

Spoiler

And I still have to figure out the Original Deity Nymiera talked about because Garufan Encorporated's lore don't line up at all with this deity. Arceus already existed in the first place. How much we can trust Nymiera?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VMeemes said:

Where even is the regi quest anyway? Please don't tell me its locked for people with converted saves. That would suuuuck if it was.

Spoiler

no its not, regirock is carotos mountain in the garufan ruins all you have to is activate the darklight stones there plus some pillars,regice can be started in angies ice dimension by activating a darklight mirror that creates and ice bridge ,and registeel is in sakis gym where you can find a portal in the room to the right of the entrance.However i think you need to omplete the 13.5 story first.

• Like 1

Not gonna lie, now that i finally replayed the game from the start and finished both routes, i am extremely split on it. Terajuma remake is phenomenal and is now one of the best parts of the game, many things were ironed out and remade better, pacing is also better. Zumi did amazing illustrations for key points, i just wish there were more. 

That said, story wise i feel like it mostly goes to shit by this point. It is very clear Jean didnt have clear vision for how things are 7 years ago when i had my first Rejuvenation experience, and i think he knows what happens even less by now to be honest. Stuff get retconned, things don't make sense, major threats and mysteries get sidelined, Spacea and Tiempa are casually brushed aside like irrelevant in both routes, and don't get me started on fucking Eisen and the Puppet Dubloon and this entirely thing, and the emplications that every Version of the game is another kind of a reset. 

It would be perfectly fine if this game was this meta from the start but it just... wasnt, and now it just gets pretty much rewritten so hard anything from first 3/4 of the game is irrelevant at this point. I don't know how to feel about 13.5 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Not gonna lie, now that i finally replayed the game from the start and finished both routes, i am extremely split on it. Terajuma remake is phenomenal and is now one of the best parts of the game, many things were ironed out and remade better, pacing is also better. Zumi did amazing illustrations for key points, i just wish there were more. 

That said, story wise i feel like it mostly goes to shit by this point. It is very clear Jean didnt have clear vision for how things are 7 years ago when i had my first Rejuvenation experience, and i think he knows what happens even less by now to be honest. Stuff get retconned, things don't make sense, major threats and mysteries get sidelined, Spacea and Tiempa are casually brushed aside like irrelevant in both routes, and don't get me started on fucking Eisen and the Puppet Dubloon and this entirely thing, and the emplications that every Version of the game is another kind of a reset. 

It would be perfectly fine if this game was this meta from the start but it just... wasnt, and now it just gets pretty much rewritten so hard anything from first 3/4 of the game is irrelevant at this point. I don't know how to feel about 13.5 

Yeah, I'm not really fond of the seemingly meta direction this story is taking, it's too much escalation and we haven't even beaten Madame X and Team Xen OR Vitus at this point, so introducing MORE villain and threats feels like bloating an already stuffed storyline.

And you hit the nail on the head about Spacea and Tiempa feeling like an afterthought with how they are dealt with, at least on the Paragon route. Renegade feels more fitting for them IMO at least. I think part of the problem is that as the story is reaching it's end, there's a rush to wrap up plot points and this game has a LOT.  I have faith in the dev team in where they are going with this sort of thing, but this mystery box writing is just becoming a bit too much.

At least the character work is still consistently good. 

To be honest, they're adding too much parts of lore that the actual lore of the game detailed by previous chapter is confused instead:

Spoiler

Arceus and Original Deity's story don't line up, Nymiera's tale back in Chapter 13 is kinda confusing now, since Adrest is no more a third of Arceus, how Archetype was found by Vitus is still unknown, what happened to Maria in the Prologue and Marianette in the pocket-dimension, what are those Nihilego back in MC's route and why their poison was found within Angie and Vitus's spirit's rests, what "level of power" is right now Variya (who to me seems like another threat instead of someone helping us), what is still hiding in the "Interceptor"'s perks, what truly is the "one who take the body of our choosen MC", etc.

There are too many threats, how can we face them all in like...2 chapters? Maybe one?

Too much questions, few answered and more added instead, so I understand why people are confused about this. I trust Jan and the team and I know they'll answer within next version. I think these are the cons of the update, but within the rest, is pretty good: characters, revamp in many parts, add more regional forms (in 13.5, it seems like the Aevium forms are the triple of before), add legendaries before the endgame (it's sometimes a risky choice, but right now, they've done well within these), artworks and list goes on.

I started Rejuvenation on v7, back when everything ended on Erick iirc, so GDC wasnt even a thing back then, and do you know how many questions were answered in 7 versions and 7 years? Fucking one, what happened to Rune. Which is a question also introduced in v8. 

What the hell is Eisen?
Who is the third dark Interceptor-tier figure on a chessboard besides Clear and Kieran?
The hell is Ouroboros? (retconned wall when you go with Melia to Goldenwood Park)

What happened in Miera with original team Xen and why?
The hell is going on with Soul stone? What souls does it pick up? Where is Anathea? Haven't seen her in like 7 years besides one flashback. 

Is it Karma standing behind Clear and Kieran? Is it whatever spreads Nihilego and Storm-9? 

The entire myriad of questions about Team Xen? Hello?

and other million questions around. 

I will give an example of a good, layered, very complex plot that does incredibly well - Xenogears, a 50-60 hour long JRPG with so many threads that converge really well and it's a wild ride. The thing is, it answers some questions along the way, while opening others. 

Rejuvenation so far drops all the question and leaves hundred answers for the last 5% of the game which is... fucking shit for storytelling, pardon my french. I was hoping to learn SOMETHING in karma files, not to get 2 hour long cinema sidequest. 

• Like 1

Plenty of questions unanswered:

What happened to Anju to become Angie?

How Vitus got Archetype in the first place, since 13.5 pretty much stated how Archetype worked?

What happened to Thunder Warrior's timeline?

Ok, we had Meloetta, but exactly, why it's connected to the power of the Archetype?

Who the heck is now Missing.exe? We can obtain Zygarde in the first place, so, it's hard to see an host now.

Why Renegade MC now wants to help Paragon MC?

Why Variya should have wanted the Paragon Timeline going in ruins if she wanted so much to save that world (it's too much oblivious that the World Shatterer is her)?

Why Nim named MC after her "birth"?

Why Madame X can access to Zeight?

What is the purpose of Reshiram and Zekrom in this story? (they were bringed up by Goomink's quest and main story about Celine and Madame X's clash)

What Madame X truly wants?

Plenty. I should probably restart Paragon, too much details right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

She can? I kinda missed that point i guess or was tuned out by this point. 

Before V13, back in the past, when she saves us and make everything turn back, she was in a unknown place, but, after V13 and introduction of Zeight, the place she is is exactly Zeight.

1 minute ago, Cyphre said:

Well i will go and kill the rest of my braincells by grinding 999 black prisms. 1/3 there already. Not exactly hard, just outlandishly tedious. If it will not give me a Marshadow i'm gonna lose it. 

Good luck, soldier.

47 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Well i will go and kill the rest of my braincells by grinding 999 black prisms. 1/3 there already. Not exactly hard, just outlandishly tedious. If it will not give me a Marshadow i'm gonna lose it. 

If it helps (it might not) at Axis University there is a rematch butterfly there that upon beating it it gives you 5 black prisms. It seems to work on a daily system so you can fight a double battle, win 5 of each shard in addition to 5 prisms and slightly speed it up. There's one that does the same in Amethyst Grotto, albeit that one only gives 1 prism. I imagine there are more out there since they're scaled to certain levels but I only know of those two so far.

5 minutes ago, VMeemes said:

If it helps (it might not) at Axis University there is a rematch butterfly there that upon beating it it gives you 5 black prisms. It seems to work on a daily system so you can fight a double battle, win 5 of each shard in addition to 5 prisms and slightly speed it up. There's one that does the same in Amethyst Grotto, albeit that one only gives 1 prism. I imagine there are more out there since they're scaled to certain levels but I only know of those two so far.

Aquamarine cave got one too where you get Galarian Slowpoke. it gives 2 or three shards.

Edited by BlackPrismHunte

Also for my nonexistent two cents into the 13.5 stuff, while I haven't played Renegade (and I don't even think I would be able to due to my compulsion to do basically everything, including side quests) I kinda miss the days when Rejuvenation was a pseudo Reborn sequel. Like I know it isn't but with the early references of Reborn characters, that one side quest in postgame Reborn where you team up with Flora to get a Pulse Machine which leads to events in Rejuv with Bladestar and the optional boss fight, it all made sense to a degree.

But now with this plot twist of "Arceus is actually dead and humans killed it" throws that old fun thought of Rejuv being years later after Reborn out the window. I could even buy the Interceptor not being involved in Reborn because it wasn't serious enough or the karma machine tried but was stopped by this ragtag bunch of trainers. But even then that gets a wrench thrown into things because it was all predetermined this whole time.

It's very minor at the end of the day but that was a fun little thought experiment I had with the contextual knowledge of Reborn and the quests that happened there.

13 minutes ago, BlackPrismHunte said:

Aquamarine cave got one too where you get Galarian Slowpoke. it gives 2 or three shards.

Epic. 8 (since it gives 3) shards per day is nothing but still helps with progress. Also does said Slowpoke come out at night or just in a specific room? I have a feeling its the former due to the lighthouse quest needing to be done first.

On 11/7/2023 at 12:06 AM, VMeemes said:

Jenner one in Aquamarine that gives 3 is tremendously faster and easier so i'm doing that one. I'm simply moving date on my PC to keep farming it.