The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Sooo....while we are waiting for more updates on the EP19 Scoreboard, let's discuss about some of our favourite characters.

Personally i somehow like Cain. All these sexually themed jokes he tosses around so casually....well....it kinda caught me off guard at first, and i laughed really hard at some of these because i didn't expect them at all....

And yet i am not entirely sure whether he is just weird or supposed to be homosexual. (pls tell me, Ame!) Whatever the case, he is one of my favourite characters in Reborn.

Also i have to admit that i fell from my chair twice because of Terra. That girl is hilarious. She would fit perfectly into these comedy anime that i like to watch, those that always have that one over-the-top gag character...

I don't care whether Ame's post on April 1st on the dev blog was supposed to be an aprils fool joke or not, i want more of Terra^^

1 hour ago, ShogokiX said:

Sooo....while we are waiting for more updates on the EP19 Scoreboard, let's discuss about some of our favourite characters.

Personally i somehow like Cain. All these sexually themed jokes he tosses around so casually....well....it kinda caught me off guard at first, and i laughed really hard at some of these because i didn't expect them at all....

And yet i am not entirely sure whether he is just weird or supposed to be homosexual. (pls tell me, Ame!) Whatever the case, he is one of my favourite characters in Reborn.

Also i have to admit that i fell from my chair twice because of Terra. That girl is hilarious. She would fit perfectly into these comedy anime that i like to watch, those that always have that one over-the-top gag character...

I don't care whether Ame's post on April 1st on the dev blog was supposed to be an aprils fool joke or not, i want more of Terra^^

Cain is Pansexual (he doesn't really care about gender when it comes to flirting, his flirting with Adrienn in the Arc is proof of this).

What I wish for in E19 is more diversity with the teams of the characters. I really believe that difficulty can still be ensured without recycling mons over and over again. I say this because Rejuvenation was able to execute this kind of criteria. No trainer in the game had the same mon and it just adds uniqueness.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

What I wish for in E19 is more diversity with the teams of the characters. I really believe that difficulty can still be ensured without recycling mons over and over again. I say this because Rejuvenation was able to execute this kind of criteria. No trainer in the game had the same mon and it just adds uniqueness.

There's a lot of reasons behind recycling mons which has to do with the playing field starting to even out so the tricks that can be used start to get limited. There's also the fact Reborn was more of a prototype game to Rejuv so Rejuv has the advantage of seeing the faults and putting fixes to them. I do personally keep a track of mons I haven't used for Redux but sometimes things just don't work and you have to use a basic go to mon instead such as Staraptor.

The game is pretty much done except for post game which might be a year long project in and of itself depending on what Ame does.

27 minutes ago, Commander said:

There's a lot of reasons behind recycling mons which has to do with the playing field starting to even out so the tricks that can be used start to get limited. There's also the fact Reborn was more of a prototype game to Rejuv so Rejuv has the advantage of seeing the faults and putting fixes to them. I do personally keep a track of mons I haven't used for Redux but sometimes things just don't work and you have to use a basic go to mon instead such as Staraptor.

The game is pretty much done except for post game which might be a year long project in and of itself depending on what Ame does.

Damn I’m all for being patient n stuff but a year? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiii-

I guess we don't need to worry about Ame suddenly rushing things just to get EP19 done.

Although nobody likes waiting i'd rather wait a few months longer than getting unfinished games filled with bugs that force players to buy their missing content as dlc, if you want the full story, like some certain AAA publishers like to do it.....

On 5/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, ShogokiX said:

I like Cain as well even though I think his constant flirting with the PC is annoying. Which is why I got a real kick out of Terra giving Cain a taste of his own medicine. He kinda reminds me of Zevran from Dragon Age. Whenever he stops flirting though he shows how much of a great friend he is. Unfortunately he is lost to the void unless Luna does something, I seriously wanted to tell her I wasn't leaving the void without Cain and Gossip Gardivor but alas that wasn't a option.

Adrienn is my favorite gym leader as xe not only uses my favorite type but also is a paragon of virtue and has a great design.

El so far is my favorite villain as he is not as extreme in his methods as Solaris is (who would be the best if he didn't try to kill people left and right with his Garchomp) and seems more reasonable in their understandable original goal IMO. El also helps Bennett and thanks to their interactions Bennett is becoming a better person than he was when he just wanted to be a gym leader. I really would really like to point out to El that what he is doing would go against the will of Arceus since it involves enslaving it to see El's reaction since his faith seems so genuine. Hopefully all three can make complete Heel-Face turns, besides we need El and Bennett for the elite four but Solaris may to far gone unlike his son...

Taka who is my favorite character in Reborn. Hopefully the routes will stay true to their theming and the Zeckrom route will lead to a ideal future thanks to Taka's actions. I'd be really disappointed if he ends up dead like in the other route and nothing is better thanks to his continued existence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

El so far is my favorite villain as he is not as extreme in his methods as Solaris is (who would be the best if he didn't try to kill people left and right with his Garchomp)

Uhh… Idk about not going to the extremes. I mean yea. He hasn't killed anyone (yet) but he did go to a place underground to try to revive the Pokemon God and then used his Ditto to transform into said God using its essence (or something of that nature I kind of forget lol) That kind of sounds extreme to me.

32 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

El so far is my favorite villain as he is not as extreme in his methods as Solaris.

I'm pretty sure he puts Luna under some sorta ritual to "cleanse the darkness outta her" and to remove Radomus' influence or some schtick

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I'm pretty sure he puts Luna under some sorta ritual to "cleanse the darkness outta her" and to remove Radomus' influence or some schtick

And there's that too! I'm pretty sure he's like extremely extreme. Lol.

Yeah, no matter how you put it, El is best described as a religious extremist.

As for Solaris, the fact that he is trying to kill people left and right with his Garchomp makes him more believable as a villain.

One thing i always disliked about every official Pokémon game so far is the fact that the "evil teams" are about as "evil" as Jessy and James in the anime (and about as capable in terms of fighting power, while we're at it). You probably wouldn't even notice that they exist in the first place, if it were not for the obligatory 2 or 3 times in evey Pokémon game where your journey is interrupted because you have to stop one of their "evil plans" by squashing their hordes of Rattata and Zubat...

1 hour ago, J-Awesome_One said:

And there's that too! I'm pretty sure he's like extremely extreme. Lol.

1 hour ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

An exorcism actually, but thats understandable since we have ghost pokemon possessing people in the first generation and that the type Luna is obsessed with is known as the evil type in Japan.  However don't get me wrong I'm not saying El isn't extreme, I'm saying he isn't as a extreme as Solaris. You can have a conversation and lose to El, Solaris will try at every opportunity to off you.

EDIT: Didn't get this bit.

Uhh… Idk about not going to the extremes. I mean yea. He hasn't killed anyone (yet) but he did go to a place underground to try to revive the Pokemon God and then used his Ditto to transform into said God using its essence (or something of that nature I kind of forget lol) That kind of sounds extreme to me.

He didn't go down there to revive Arceus, (which in itself isn't a bad action) he went down there to get back the emerald key back from Randomus, kidnapping Gossip Gardivor to do so.

6 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

He didn't go down there to revive Arceus, (which in itself isn't a bad action) he went down there to get back the emerald key back from Randomus, kidnapping Gossip Gardivor to do so.

Radomus never had the Emerald Key, Luna did. Radomus never had possession of any of the keys until he took the Amethyst Pendant off the play after the arc. 

6 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

However don't get me wrong I'm not saying El isn't extreme, I'm saying he isn't as a extreme as Solaris. You can have a conversation and lose to El, Solaris will try at every opportunity to off you.

You have a pretty lengthy talk with Solaris underneath the Grand Staircase where he talks about what each key means and tells you that Victoria can go. Solaris can have restraint with his Garchomp, he's not as powerthirsty as Lin after all...

On 5/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, Commander said:

I still feel that there’s a better way other than recycling them. It just feels wasted considering field effects can be a tool to give spotlight to mons that are rarely used. Scizor used by 3 main characters, Excadrill used by 3, Togekiss used by 3, Garchomp used by two and both are aces? and then there’s a change of team members late game adding more used mons. Just feels redundant at times.

Though anyway I think e19 will improve on this. If it’s truly a year then everything will be thoroughly polished before release. Going to be a helluva ride 😁🚂🚂🚂

19 minutes ago, Alisae said:

Those Garchomps aren't even REMOTELY the same beast.

Yeah, I have to agree with this one. I know there's a lot of recycled mons, but Terra's Garchomp did a pretty decent job of differentiating itself from the one Solaris uses. Terra's chomp uses the field to make a mixed set work even better, while Solaris' is always full physical. 

Scizor and Excadrill feel like total copy and paste mons though. Slight variations in the sets, but nothing really crazy.

I guess a little bit of recycling can't be avoided in a game as big as Reborn. Of course you could try to give new Mons to the characters in question, but is recycling really that big an issue?

Don't get me wrong, the reason why i'm asking is because i want to understand your point of view. I'm more of a player who enjoys and pays attention to a good story. I rarely notice a few recycled Mons every now and then, unless the whole fight against two totally different characters feels exactly the same because of one Mon they have in common.

I think the main "problem", so to speak, of the recycling mons thing, is that the number of pokemon in the good tiers is finite, and the presumably good trainers in this games are numerous. The important thing would be that no trainers actually recycle strategies with the same mons (as in the erupting lightspeed Typhlosions used in the eruption fields in Rejuvenation) or having two trainers the same ace/signature Pokémon. 

On 5/16/2019 at 2:27 AM, ShogokiX said:

I guess we don't need to worry about Ame suddenly rushing things just to get EP19 done.

Although nobody likes waiting i'd rather wait a few months longer than getting unfinished games filled with bugs that force players to buy their missing content as dlc, if you want the full story, like some certain AAA publishers like to do it.....

2l4ihb.jpg.c7e10cfc0b57e8175305e2fffa3aedd9.jpg

14 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Radomus never had the Emerald Key, Luna did. Radomus never had possession of any of the keys until he took the Amethyst Pendant off the play after the arc

I could've sworn he had a key but it has been awhile since I played that section. So why did he kidnap Gossip Gardivor?

8 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

I could've sworn he had a key but it has been awhile since I played that section. So why did he kidnap Gossip Gardivor?

Maybe because El is a religious extremist? Logic does not apply to those kind of people XD

9 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Maybe because El is a religious extremist? Logic does not apply to those kind of people XD

He is an extremist but I am 100% there was a trade off.  I'm guess I should check Shofu's Lets Play.

EDIT: There was he wanted his daughter back.

• Veterans
15 hours ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

Radomus never had the Emerald Key, Luna did. Radomus never had possession of any of the keys until he took the Amethyst Pendant off the play after the arc. 

You have a pretty lengthy talk with Solaris underneath the Grand Staircase where he talks about what each key means and tells you that Victoria can go. Solaris can have restraint with his Garchomp, he's not as powerthirsty as Lin after all...

Late but Radomus stole all of the keys from Meteor in the beginning and kept Amethyst for himself and his Wife.

Also Solaris only really started going after people after they interferred too many times, dude gives you a pretty big warning to back off twice before he goes after you.

40 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

He is an extremist but I am 100% there was a trade off.  I'm guess I should check Shofu's Lets Play.

EDIT: There was he wanted his daughter back.

Ah yes, the classic stereotypical parent who refuses to accept that his child has a mind of her own.

Logic does not apply here any more as well once a parent like that decides that someone had bad influence on their child...

They don't stop even for a second to consider that MAYBE their child just doesn't want to be like their parent.

Ahh....that brings back memories....a classmate of mine during my school days had a father like that^^