The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

53 minutes ago, not Azery said:

Late but Radomus stole all of the keys from Meteor in the beginning and kept Amethyst for himself and his Wife.

Also Solaris only really started going after people after they interferred too many times, dude gives you a pretty big warning to back off twice before he goes after you.

Are you seriously trying to justify the actions of these terrorists? Solaris is a horrible person who thinks the only solution to a problem is murdering a bunch of people. I could think of a ton of ways he could have preserved his family's holy ground without the need to rush to senseless violence. But he's a villain so I guess he has to be insane.

Just now, Youmu9 said:

Are you seriously trying to justify the actions of these terrorists? Solaris is a horrible person who thinks the only solution to a problem is murdering a bunch of people. I could think of a ton of ways he could have preserved his family's holy ground without the need to rush to senseless violence. But he's a villain so I guess he has to be insane.

Az is making a response to my comment earlier in the thread. Not trying to justify things

• Veterans
21 minutes ago, Youmu9 said:

..no? I was responding to the lines about him going about killing everyone left and right with his Garchomp when the first time he attempts to do so he's doing so against an enemy who has repeatedly interferred with his goals and ignored his warnings and the second time is in the middle of a direct attempt to stop the operation's keystone; Camerupt. I am not trying to justify the actions of a terrorist, I'm merely stating a fact.

On the another note. Solaris is my second favourite character in the game nonetheless, part of it being him using Pokemon I am incredibly fond of(My favourite is after all, Garchomp.) but another part being that I think he's a pretty well developed character.  He's still quite evidently a terribly misguided person despite the positive outtakes e16-18 have given him, in the form of El's diary, Taka's commentary in the desert, Simon and Eclipse's comments about him being previously peaceful in his methods and still being quite empathetic now, and finally the showdown at Agate. On the more nuanced end of the villain-ensemble along with ZEL and Taka, which is HUGELY preferred over someone as boring as Lin.

So because i don't share your opinion that means i didn't read what you said, @The Swordsman?

El may be your favorite villain, but i do not have to like him because of that.

As far as i am concerned El reminds me of one of these religious fanatics who would kill thousands of innocent people for their own "justice"

Don't get me wrong though. I do like the fact that Reborn does a pretty good job at displaying villains whose actions, apart from their motivations or goals, can truly be considered evil. The story gives you the feeling of fighting against really dangerous criminals who are a real threat to this games world.

4 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

So because i don't share your opinion that means i didn't read what you said, @The Swordsman?

El may be your favorite villain, but i do not have to like him because of that.

As far as i am concerned El reminds me of one of these religious fanatics who would kill thousands of innocent people for their own "justice"

Don't get me wrong though. I do like the fact that Reborn does a pretty good job at displaying villains whose actions, apart from their motivations or goals, can truly be considered evil. The story gives you the feeling of fighting against really dangerous criminals who are a real threat to this games world.

No, what I'm getting at is it seems to me that you are giving me a hard time for liking him, that I shouldn't like him. I know he his villain and a extremist, you don't have to convince me of that.

15 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Oh well.....i am still pondering between starting a new save file once EP19 is released or continue from my current save that has all the mons currently available, trained to be used on competetive level.

Personally, I am going to start with my current save file, and explore the new part of the game, and afterwards experience the finished Pokemon Reborn on a new save file.... 

Even though, it will be a long time before release, I am looking forward to just seeing the post game scoreboard. 

That sounds reasonable. And to kill some time i could backup my current safe and start a new one where i mess around with things a little...

Actually i never tried giving myself a Mega-Z Ring right from the start and of course all the Z-Crystals and Mega Stones i need...

It's decided! Shogoki is going One-Punch Mon right now^^

next time sir fucking isaac newton decides he wants to go and invent some bullshit-ass thing like gravity i propose we go toss him over a fucking cliff and ask him how he feels about gravity then

A Bagon wrote this

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, uberle said:

A Bagon wrote this

From now on, I'm going to nickname every Bagon Newton.

Anyway, I think this is the time to give the dev-team a well-meant interim 'Thank You! 🙂 ' for all the good work until now. Your work is more appreciated than you can ever imagine.

Thank you! 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

On 5/16/2019 at 2:01 AM, ShogokiX said:

Sooo....while we are waiting for more updates on the EP19 Scoreboard, let's discuss about some of our favourite characters.

Personally i somehow like Cain. All these sexually themed jokes he tosses around so casually....well....it kinda caught me off guard at first, and i laughed really hard at some of these because i didn't expect them at all....

And yet i am not entirely sure whether he is just weird or supposed to be homosexual. (pls tell me, Ame!) Whatever the case, he is one of my favourite characters in Reborn.

Also i have to admit that i fell from my chair twice because of Terra. That girl is hilarious. She would fit perfectly into these comedy anime that i like to watch, those that always have that one over-the-top gag character...

I don't care whether Ame's post on April 1st on the dev blog was supposed to be an aprils fool joke or not, i want more of Terra^^

Taka is easily best boy, he tries his best. Cain is also alright, I love how he thoroughly kills the ridiculous melodrama in every scene he's in. Radomus also lives the absolute dream.

How about the opposite? Kiki deserved everything she got, why she refused to help us save the children about to be zapped by an electric madman is beyond comprehension. Because it would 'dishonour' her school to hand over the strength HM to save lives? And Victoria too, for similar reasons. Before the city gets restored she continuously gets in our way to 'test' if we're good enough or some other dumb reason without ever actually stopping to help.

How about mad butcher Titania? I really hope there's an option to ship her off to prison at the end or make her Sigmund's next test subject, if we ever have to see her again. What the hell is up with her murderous streak? Even Taka calls her out for killing surrendering, harmless people in cold blood. Does anyone like her at all? Is she supposed to be anything more than a crazed killer we have to put up with?

Hmm.....the character i dislike the most? That's obviously gotta be Fern! The type of guy who thinks he is the coolest and thus has the right to treat everyone around him like trash. Also his attitude when he arrives just after Corey commited suicide. Laughing at a person who was already down and broken, who saw no other way than ending his own life...You really need to be a first rate piece of sh*t to be like that.

Oher characters that i don't like? That's not an easy question^^ But i guess Dr. Sigmund Connal would fit that bill. Torturing children and calling it science....

42 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Hmm.....the character i dislike the most? That's obviously gotta be Fern! The type of guy who thinks he is the coolest and thus has the right to treat everyone around him like trash. Also his attitude when he arrives just after Corey commited suicide. Laughing at a person who was already down and broken, who saw no other way than ending his own life...You really need to be a first rate piece of sh*t to be like that.

Oher characters that i don't like? That's not an easy question^^ But i guess Dr. Sigmund Connal would fit that bill. Torturing children and calling it science....

I can't take Fern seriously at all, he's so ridiculously over the top as an asshole that it loops back around and I can't hate him. Besides, people in-game hate him. What really pushes me off the edge with Kiki and Victoria is that nobody calls them out for the heinous stuff they pull. Cal might as well be the Hero of Reborn City for removing her.

I also have no idea what Sigmund's deal is. Is he legit insane and thinks he still has legal authority despite joining up with Team Meteor? Or are the laws of Reborn City just that godawful? Saphira stopped Charlotte and Noel from beating his ass at their house because apparently it would be illegal, so it's not just his idea. So considering Ame seems to be part of city law enforcement when she happily watches a grunt get tortured via Torkoal in the beginning, does she have any legal authority to tell Ze Doktor to get his kiddie fiddling hands off the kids?

35 minutes ago, Protonymic said:

I can't take Fern seriously at all, he's so ridiculously over the top as an asshole that it loops back around and I can't hate him. Besides, people in-game hate him. What really pushes me off the edge with Kiki and Victoria is that nobody calls them out for the heinous stuff they pull. Cal might as well be the Hero of Reborn City for removing her.

I also have no idea what Sigmund's deal is. Is he legit insane and thinks he still has legal authority despite joining up with Team Meteor? Or are the laws of Reborn City just that godawful? Saphira stopped Charlotte and Noel from beating his ass at their house because apparently it would be illegal, so it's not just his idea. So considering Ame seems to be part of city law enforcement when she happily watches a grunt get tortured via Torkoal in the beginning, does she have any legal authority to tell Ze Doktor to get his kiddie fiddling hands off the kids?

Hahaha... Yeah, you're right about Fern. I can't take that guy seriously as well. He talks so big and yet he is among the weakest recurring opponents throughout the whole game. If not THE weakest^^

And yet his attitude just makes you want to shut him up for good.

About Ame happily watching a Team Meteor grunt getting tortured....whats wrong with that? I don't mind giving criminals a piece of their own medicine and have them experience the pain and suffering they caused for their victims. But torturing innocent children like Dr. Connal does is just about as sick as it gets. Heather is already in a bad enough mental condition after learning the truth about her father being with Team Meteor and then later learning about his suicide.

I'll be honest with you: At that point where the player storms the "Orphanage's" top floor to save Heather, if the game gave me the option to do so, i would have killed Dr. Connal right there without hesitation or a second thought.

I mean....i DO have a fully evolved Charizard (which is my favorite starter) by that point, so BBQ all the way i say!

• Like 1