The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

3 minutes ago, laggless01 said:

Yeah, no. Dont forget post-game content has to be implemented as well, so it'll take quite a while. Plus the E4 and probably at least two plot twists would have to be implemented too, soo... (Cyborg Ame fires her mouth-laser at hydreigon)

Oh i know it will take months to finish the game, its just exciting to see updates coming out

2 minutes ago, L__Haze said:

Oh i know it will take months to finish the game, its just exciting to see updates coming out

A this point, you could say that about playing it as well 😛 (not complaining). I do wonder if Ame adds a twist to this final gym, or if she goes for straight-up ball-busting difficulty. Or both.

15 minutes ago, laggless01 said:

A this point, you could say that about playing it as well 😛 (not complaining). I do wonder if Ame adds a twist to this final gym, or if she goes for straight-up ball-busting difficulty. Or both.

after all it, it did take me 2-3 months to beat all of ep1-18 so yeah lmao

2 hours ago, Thiazzi said:

I really like that there is an update on the development blog every few days. Every time I see a new line of text, it makes me feel really happy. 

even if its not from Ame despite them lurking around but not saying anything here? >.>

2 hours ago, laggless01 said:

I don't like bringing it up, but given Uranium's history, I'm worried Nintendo will take down E19 once it comes out as the game will be 'complete' then. Not sure what to do if that happens.

I'm going to be blunt and say what benefit do you gain about worrying about it? We've had 6 years worth of time to plan for a worst case scenario which isn't just Reborn getting shut down but the whole plethora of fan-games getting shut down. We have things on the table that we can do but there is no final solution if that happens. It'd actually be in Ame's benefit to get Reborn to have a C&D as more people would know about her and her other projects. So instead of treating it like a terrible thing, think about the positives.

Now what I do recommend before the final release gets posted is download anything you are even remotely interested in as it may not be there for long. If Reborn gets C&D, then I'll be "deleting" the Redux (and original HC one) thread which simply is just the hide option. A measly mod is not worth getting the site shut down or someone getting into huge trouble. We'll figure out where to go from there when we get there though. Panicking over decisions and factors you cannot control doesn't help any one of us in any way. Just know that the world isn't over if it does happen.

Guest Relinquished

Can't wait to brush off against those item-boosted Pulses. Old, regular ones, are too merciful.

I hope though that some minor bugs are properly addressed, like Teddiursa disappearing (even though Ironfaar took care of it in something like a mod and saving your game before the chase can prevent disappearance) and a number of Pokemon having issues with move learnset rosters. Can't wait to feel the pressure of the endgame content, as well. Need to sweat, reset (after defeats) and feel the pain (of facing very tough challenges)!

Crosses fingers and waits patiently ❤️ for the endgame ^_^ 

Ah man, the end is near huh? Wow. I just wanted to say thank you for creating such a wonderful game. When I first discover this game, my love of pokemon pretty much died on me, only embers were left. I saw a post about it on tumblr years ago and I grew curious. After downloading it and started my adventure, I was hooked.  I played for DAYS straight. This game will have a special place in my heart because it did something none of the main pokemon games did, it reignited my love of the franchise.

This game pretty much forced me to think outside of the box with how to build me team, I fell in love pokemon I used to ignore. I found new favorites in Noivern and Escavalier. I loved my Noivern and Silvally Soooo much I sought out and bought plushies of them! I found out that trabbish and Garbodor is a great set ups (Toxic spikes ftw!) I learned how to use different pokemon and take advantage of their move sets. Fake out is great. ^w^

And I can't forget the shinies! Oh the shinies! Shiny Silvally is my all time favorites.

This game made me laugh, it made me mad, it made me cry, and made me feel like I was part of the world. I gasped in horror and cheered when I overcome a tough battle. I replied this game so many times, so many different runs. Mono type runs are my thing right now~! >w0 

I'm looking forward to see the ending and it'll be a somewhat bittersweet.  If it wasn't for this game, I am not sure where I'll be with pokemon. I am sure that I will be replaying this game for a long time, discovering new pokemon to use and secrets to be found.

Thank you Amethyst for such an amazing game. <3

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Commander said:

I'm going to be blunt and say what benefit do you gain about worrying about it? We've had 6 years worth of time to plan for a worst case scenario which isn't just Reborn getting shut down but the whole plethora of fan-games getting shut down. We have things on the table that we can do but there is no final solution if that happens. It'd actually be in Ame's benefit to get Reborn to have a C&D as more people would know about her and her other projects. So instead of treating it like a terrible thing, think about the positives.

Now what I do recommend before the final release gets posted is download anything you are even remotely interested in as it may not be there for long. If Reborn gets C&D, then I'll be "deleting" the Redux (and original HC one) thread which simply is just the hide option. A measly mod is not worth getting the site shut down or someone getting into huge trouble. We'll figure out where to go from there when we get there though. Panicking over decisions and factors you cannot control doesn't help any one of us in any way. Just know that the world isn't over if it does happen.

There are a couple things.
First one of them is Rejuv. I doubt it will be finished before Reborn, so if the site gets wiped who knows if and where that will be finished (it started to get really interesting this episode). Same goes indeed for all the others.
I'm mostly afraid that I'll miss the release and won't get a chance to play the finished versions of any of these games (including Reborn) if it comes out at a time I'm drenched in work and deadlines, 'cause that happens sometimes.
Second, if the site would get axed, it would mean a lot of people (which are not on Discord server for reasons, for example myself) might suddenly lose contact with the community.

Sure, worrying doesn't really lead to any benefits for me, but I'm just hoping things will be alright for everyone.

Anyway, thanks for the reassurance, Commander.

1 minute ago, Maqqy said:

Can’t even fathom what would the Victory Road would be like

I forgot those usually have puzzles.  I predict suffering, with a side of despair for any of the extra hidden content in that cave system.

when I was a kid, I hated victory road because it was usually dark caves and I'd be going around and around finding the way because I was a dumb kid xD

but given Ame's reputation of being an insane puzzle lady, I might then be considered a dumb adult xD

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Candy said:

when I was a kid, I hated victory road because it was usually dark caves and I'd be going around and around finding the way because I was a dumb kid xD

but given Ame's reputation of being an insane puzzle lady, I might then be considered a dumb adult xD

Agreed. She goes devil mode when it comes to puzzles.

Ame if you're reading this please, make easy.

56 minutes ago, Destrakon said:

Agreed. She goes devil mode when it comes to puzzles.

Ame if you're reading this please, make easy.

Call me a masochist but I like Ame-level puzzles xD once I figure out wtf I'm doing, they're cool

but others like that magic square one... can't figure wtf I'm doing = this ain't it chief

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candy said:

Call me a masochist but I like Ame-level puzzles xD once I figure out wtf I'm doing, they're cool

but others like that magic square one... can't figure wtf I'm doing = this ain't it chief

I kinda agree with Candy-sama. ._.

I do like her puzzles.....as long I can figure them out. 😹

I've never even found this magic puzzle. I've only heard read some talk about it. 

7 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:

I kinda agree with Candy-sama. ._.

I do like her puzzles.....as long I can figure them out. 😹

I've never even found this magic puzzle. I've only heard read some talk about it. 

It's actually a mathematical problem, so it actually boils down to either you're good with numbers and have time and disposition, or you don't. I also usually find the puzzles good and sometimes difficult, which I guess is their point.

11 hours ago, kithas said:

It's actually a mathematical problem, so it actually boils down to either you're good with numbers and have time and disposition, or you don't. I also usually find the puzzles good and sometimes difficult, which I guess is their point.

Also has a bit of luck to it

I got the easy one and randomly got the 4 move solution 

But I love these puzzles

As the Victory Road is story required the puzzle will probably be hard, but not that hard

Or Ame could just go full force

Either way it'll be fun

Man these past couple months have had tons of small updates every few days that added up to now around 20% within these past 2 months (currently now 45% overall not accounting for postgame due to obvious reasons) it’s really exciting to see the updates come together like No matter how small cuz it means it’s still being worked on

On 2/13/2019 at 9:17 PM, seki108 said:

Pretty sure this is just speculation in case Nintendo executes Order 66.

^This. Just trying to plan ahead for such an event. It is merely speculation though. Commander's suggestions are probably the best way to go.

Back to topic: if Ame wants a sadistic Victory Road puzzle, she can just redo that magic square puzzle, but have to fight a pokemon every time you want to make a move.
Or just throw every puzzle up until then together and mix them in a glorious clusterf...

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, what are the chances Gen8 gonna be introduced into the Reborn? Pretty low, due to timelines? And to be honest, knowing that it will probably make the progress slow down sharply, I wouldn't mind it.