The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

Just now, Anddy said:

Wait i probably missed something but the end of gauntlet confused me.

Hide contents

Isnt El a personality of radomus ? What's the link between these 2 ?

No, you see them both in the same room at several points. El is Luna's Biological father whereas Radomus is Luna's foster dad. There's hints of Radomus being involved with Meteor so he may have known El from then.

You know, I've been making Final Fantasy VII comparisons last hype thread with the whole "Jump off a train and Blow up a factory at the beginning", Lin being Sephiroth, etc.

This last version kinda supported that and subverted it. You end up being controlled and puppeted around. But It isn't due to your personal connection to Sephiroth (Or in this case Lin) due to JENOVA cells. It's just you being hypnotized.

I only request a battle frontier with new and unique ways to battle (Bar the battle tower, which is kind of a staple for frontiers at this point). I have my own ideas, and even though I'm sure you can create better, I'll drop one of my own here. 

Battle Spaceship

Spoiler

The frontier buildings look like a spaceship, which it kind of is. 

The player goes in and is allowed to take 3 Pokemon with them. 

After that they board the spaceship and are greeted by a woman in a astronaut costume, who informs the player that "aliens" (losers in cosplay) are coming to attack. But there's a twist. Before every battle, they land in a different sector of Space, which means conditions for each battle will be different. So for instance, the Astronaut Lady would say: "Alert! [Player name], Aliens are attacking us! We're going to have to crash land in order to take them down! Also it appears that the environment is..." 

So from there she's say something like "The environment is abnormally hot here!" and the Player would fight the aliens in superheated field. Or it could be weather, or even stuff like wonder room and trick room. At that point, you get the general gist of it. 

Now that we've covered the battles, the frontier will function in sets of 5. Every 5 battles you make a "stop" at some moon or planet, in which there is a teleporter allowing the player to go back to the battle frontier, and essentially the rest of the game. There are 25 battles required to reach the "Silver" portion of the Frontier Brain. (If you don't know what I mean, look up the battle frontiers in R/B/Y, HG/SS, and D/P/P. The brains award you with a "Silver" strip and "Gold" strip upon defeat. After getting all of the gold strips, the player typically gets a reward that should be quite significant). Every 5 stops the battles get slightly harder and the environment gets harsher. 

As for the frontier brain, they should be some "King" figure of some sort, and they'd be battled at the elusive "edge of the universe". The battle conditions above would still apply. Now usually, when the frontier brain is encountered, the guide, or in this case, Astronaut Lady would say something different such as "I'm getting extremely high energy readings! Looks like we have one more stop, and unfortunately, I can't tell you anything about the environment since our systems have been hijacked." Stuff like that. 

Overall, I mainly want a frontier since I think there's only a handful of people who didn't like them, and it offers extremely fun post game content that's repeatable. 

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Dragon116 said:

What if the Meteor Admins make Battle Frontier? 

Hmm could work but more members like Solaris would have to pull a Heel-Face Turn as Bennet and El are shoe ins for the elite four, leaving us with only Evelynn, Lumina, and possibly Taka. Which means we are 4 or 5 members short. Other possible Meteor members could be Simon and Aster.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zro567 said:

It's been over a month since the last update and I'm starting to feel a bit concerned.

I'm not going to really say Ame has to give a reason for anything (given I haven't worked on modding for like 2 months now), but this is kind of like the old days so please don't panic. Ame has been working on this game for so long that it's to the point she wouldn't stop unless it would literally kill her (and even then she'd still find a solution). It's going to be around 2 years so just sit back and find things to do in the meantime. That 2 years probably will fly by for me given the two massive site projects I'm doing plus that fun silly one. Just gotta learn how to deal with the wait.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Zro567 said:

It's been over a month since the last update and I'm starting to feel a bit concerned.

13 hours ago, Commander said:

I'm not going to really say Ame has to give a reason for anything (given I haven't worked on modding for like 2 months now), but this is kind of like the old days so please don't panic. Ame has been working on this game for so long that it's to the point she wouldn't stop unless it would literally kill her (and even then she'd still find a solution). It's going to be around 2 years so just sit back and find things to do in the meantime. That 2 years probably will fly by for me given the two massive site projects I'm doing plus that fun silly one. Just gotta learn how to deal with the wait.

Well we got an update now, that said you don't have to feel concerned when progress is slow or not noticeably occuring, Ame would tell us if the project was being dropped or halted and the former as pointed out by Commander is incredibly unlikely. Thanks by the way Commander for helping to explain.

• Administrators

it wasn't really a break so much as the hiccoughs mentioned on the blog 

anyway hi my computer died and then my emotional stability, i'm good now, sup. 

but aside from those things i was focusing elsewhere while i decided more specifically how i wanted to do the final stuff. i have outlines and all but point to point to point i'm trying to make sure i'm not dropping any interactions since this is basically the last chance for 'em. gotta be a lil careful.
but i got tired of being careful. so fuck it, call up the butcher cuz we goin' ham.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zro567 said:

Sounds to me like we won't have to wait that long for E19 after all.

Oh my sweet summer child, believing in such naive thoughts... Sure development is back on track but don't forget you got a separate percentage board for post-game content after the E19 main one.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Amethyst said:

it wasn't really a break so much as the hiccoughs mentioned on the blog 

but aside from those things i was focusing elsewhere while i decided more specifically how i wanted to do the final stuff. i have outlines and all but point to point to point i'm trying to make sure i'm not dropping any interactions since this is basically the last chance for 'em. gotta be a lil careful.
but i got tired of being careful. so fuck it, call up the butcher cuz we goin' ham.

personally i prefer beef over ham.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, peden said:

when e19 is done will it be released or will it be released with the postgame?

Keep an eye on the dev blog. That will keep you up with the completion %. 

There will also be testing stages after that so take that into account. Release dates are not given as there may be issues or whatever and allows the dev team the time they need.

18 minutes ago, Chameleon109 said:

Amethyst did say that Nintendo have been issuing cease & desist orders to various fangames, so if they come for Reborn, she'll slip out the E19 story bit before the order's deadline.

shame ol nintendy does crap like that when people like sega not only  are flattered but even hire select people that do that stuff which is how sonic mania came to be............ just goes to show like the old slogan went: sega does what nintenDONT

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chameleon109 said:

@peden Like the others have said, this final installment is going to contain both E19 and the postgame. Amethyst did say that Nintendo have been issuing cease & desist orders to various fangames, so if they come for Reborn, she'll slip out the E19 story bit before the order's deadline.

Try not to mention the C&D stuff here, it'll draw attention to ourselves so yeah. The less we talk about it, the less chance there is of it happening to an extent

1 hour ago, Chase said:

...so you're really going to finish the bloody game before I get to the point everyone else is huh...

...now I'm angry.

considering even with breaks its not really that hard to gtet to the end of e18 even without mods..... albeit an extra hour or 2 might need to be tacked on there when not utilizing debug mode or other mods to make things easier but again even without them just playing pure vanilla style its honestly not as hard as some people make it out to be......... just takes a little longer

• Upvote 1