The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

2 hours ago, ArcBolt27 said:

it should be usable right away i think.......... never got the garchompite myself tho so idk if its obtainable or not in e18

It's one of the rewards for the starter egg quest. The question is, will it be useful to confront EP19's battles? 

Mega garchomp is always a force to be reckoned. 

1 hour ago, kithas said:

It's one of the rewards for the starter egg quest. The question is, will it be useful to confront EP19's battles? 

Mega garchomp is always a force to be reckoned. 

i would either use mega chomp mega blaziken or for a solid wall with a touch of oomph behind it: mega aggron, blaziken is a problem even without mega when used properly i have mine with bulk up blaze kick brave bird and double kick in the event i see a mon that has sturdy........ combo that with speed boost with or without mega and thats power imo but thats just what i'd do so take it as u will

On 1/5/2019 at 5:46 AM, ArcBolt27 said:

i would either use mega chomp mega blaziken or for a solid wall with a touch of oomph behind it: mega aggron, blaziken is a problem even without mega when used properly i have mine with bulk up blaze kick brave bird and double kick in the event i see a mon that has sturdy........ combo that with speed boost with or without mega and thats power imo but thats just what i'd do so take it as u will

Besides, who knows which mega stones we'll get before these fights. Some megas are near busted, you know.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:04 PM, laggless01 said:

Besides, who knows which mega stones we'll get before these fights. Some megas are near busted, you know.

We have Naganadel. If we have a such strong pokemon for singles, it means we are going to face some of the hardest battles ever thought, so we'll probably get strong megas like Blaziken or Scizor while still not having access to Metagross, Gengar, or Salamence. I'm really hyped, I hope that the "infamous" gauntlet battle was just a taste of ep19's difficulty

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 12:38 PM, Lorisaur said:

We have Naganadel. If we have a such strong pokemon for singles, it means we are going to face some of the hardest battles ever thought, so we'll probably get strong megas like Blaziken or Scizor while still not having access to Metagross, Gengar, or Salamence. I'm really hyped, I hope that the "infamous" gauntlet battle was just a taste of ep19's difficulty

That's news to me. I can't imagine why we're given such a pokemon this early, but as it is the case, we'll probably get access to nearly every Mega-stone (maybe except Gengar and Salamence, and possibly Kangaskan, Metagross as well) before the league.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m hoping for Lin’s track to be something intense like Arceus or Ghetsis’ theme. Since her introduction, there’s been a lot buildup in intensity with her character. Also I wonder if the postgame would be anywhere near as large as the E19’s story? Regardless, I’ll paitiently wait for E19 to come out

Hey guys. I came up thinking about post-game story, since, MC doesn't have a backstory, aside from get in the train which crashed.. Maybe MC will:

1.- "Dissapear" from everyone's memory for some reasons afer we defeat Lin, being remembered as the Champion who fought for Reborn and stopped Team Meteor (Thought I doubt about the Champion thingy, since, Miss Direction foresaw a future where Mc doesn't exist, and the one who stopped Team Meteor, was someone we hate so much).

2.- After stopping Lin at Citae Arc-d' Astrae Aerie, MC, due to not having any of the Keys (Amethyst, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald), MC, will appear in at 10-Years later Reborn City (Just like Adrienn did when was rescued).

Just now, Destrakon said:

Hey guys. I came up thinking about post-game story, since, MC doesn't have a backstory, aside from get in the train which crashed.. Maybe MC will:

1.- "Dissapear" from everyone's memory for some reasons afer we defeat Lin, being remembered as the Champion who fought for Reborn and stopped Team Meteor (Thought I doubt about the Champion thingy, since, Miss Direction foresaw a future where Mc doesn't exist, and the one who stopped Team Meteor, was someone we hate so much).

2.- After stopping Lin at Citae Arc-d' Astrae Aerie, MC, due to not having any of the Keys (Amethyst, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald), MC, will appear in at 10-Years later Reborn City (Just like Adrienn did when was rescued).

Possible rejuvenation spoilers:

In rejuvenation, reborn is cannon. We know this because both Adrienn and Aya go to the region. Also there is a 5 year difference between the end of reborn's storyline and the beggining of rejuvenation's story line ( iirc jan confirmed that ) and Aya said that the MC reminds her of the current reborn champion who fought Team Meteor. Also we know it's not Fern because she also says before or after you battle her, that she met a Grashole and that he pisses her of because "If you are good, you are good.Don't be a douche about it" ( or something like that). This is a refernce to when Fern beat her and then made fun of her because she fought in doubles.

So both Fern and the MC are known and rememberd for their perspective roles in the Reborn region. 

So i don't think something like this will happen.

8 minutes ago, Pozyher said:

Possible rejuvenation spoilers:

In rejuvenation, reborn is cannon. We know this because both Adrienn and Aya go to the region. Also there is a 5 year difference between the end of reborn's storyline and the beggining of rejuvenation's story line ( iirc jan confirmed that ) and Aya said that the MC reminds her of the current reborn champion who fought Team Meteor. Also we know it's not Fern because she also says before or after you battle her, that she met a Grashole and that he pisses her of because "If you are good, you are good.Don't be a douche about it" ( or something like that). This is a refernce to when Fern beat her and then made fun of her because she fought in doubles.

So both Fern and the MC are known and rememberd for their perspective roles in the Reborn region. 

So i don't think something like this will happen.

Wow, I didn't know Reborn was cannon in Rejuvenation, I'm glad to hear that. And yeah, based on what you say and my ignorance about the connection of these two, you're right. My hypothesis was clearly crushed, thought I don't mind. I haven't battled Aya yet in Rejuvenation, but I clearly remember Adrienn saying something about the city restoration, "They couldn't do it", my question to you, ¿Was this a reference to Ame death by Lin's hands?

EDIT: Also, what about the future vison of the Lady at Jasper? It clearly stands that Fern stopped Meteor

Edited by Destrakon

4 minutes ago, Destrakon said:

Wow, I didn't know Reborn was cannon in Rejuvenation, I'm glad to hear that. And yeah, based on what you say and my ignorance about the connection of these two, you're right. My hypothesis was clearly crushed, thought I don't mind. I haven't battled Aya yet in Rejuvenation, but I clearly remember Adrienn saying something about the city restoration, "They couldn't do it", my question to you, ¿Was this a reference to Ame death by Lin's hands?

I vaguely remember that part, but i would assume so.

8 hours ago, Destrakon said:

EDIT: Also, what about the future vison of the Lady at Jasper? It clearly stands that Fern stopped Meteor

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't that an alternative future without the MC?

....Wait. I remember the Jasper lady telling me Fern makes for a terrible JRPG protagonist and that Reborn is stuck in a time loop where he gets to TRY to be the hero over and over and over and fails, while OUR sorry butt isn't even supposed to exist at all.

"They couldn't do it" in Rejuvenation would then stand to reason that "they" are Fern and Friends, who fought Team Meteor valiantly in EVERY. OTHER. timeline in which we the players have no existence to speak of. This isn't Black and White and Black and White 2 where Hilbert/Hilda DID really save the Unova region from Team Plasma before the events of the sequel games. If the city couldn't have been restored - then it means someone other than US failed to restore it.

One of the things I've often wondered is if the furtune-teller can't see the protagonist's future because all of the player characters (iincluding ourselves) are supposed to die on that train. I've always THOUGHT that it wasn't right to assume the furtune teller couldn't see us die on that train in the past, but fortune tellers are seers into the future and perhaps so exclusively.

Let's say that none of the player characters and Ame - who we KNOW is on the same train that wrecks during the station bombing with us - don't make it off the rails.

1. Unless Ame is responsible for sending Julia, Florinia, and Fern to go infiltrate the factory at the beginning of Reborn, this still happens even with Ame's much, much earlier demise. There just isn't a certain silent protagonist with them. The fortune teller predicts that Fern and his colleagues succeed in the early going, earning a string of victories, but without Ame around, we are missing a piece of the information we have when it comes to the city restoration question. Ame is partially responsible for starting the project, alongside another prominent figure - Adrienn.

2. Adrienn is stuck in a fairy ring that is undone when Cain, Radomus, and a certain silent protagonist arrive in pursuit of El, looking for Gardevoir at Luna's request. It's very possible Radomus doesn't need Cain (and would still have him around without us) to accept Luna's plea to give chase. However, it's also possible Radomus, who has never lost Gardevoir at all really, doesn't leave his castle. Especially if Cain has his gym battle and departs before Elias drops the fake ransom note. Without Radomus, or Cain, entering the old city and freeing Adrienn from the fairy ring, Adrienn doesn't restore the city. However, xe does actually get out eventually to arrive in Rejuvenation's story. Without Ame however, xe does lose a major figure who can help xem with the project - increasing the likelihood xe fails in xyr endeavor and has to show up in the Aevium region to give exposition about Reborn...or however that goes.

Long winded thought trail cut short - the player character seems a little pivotal in the events. Rejuvenation's lore I can't recall clearly off the top of my head, but Reborn did come first and the games' plots - at least to my knowledge - aren't mutually bound. I do know that Rejuvenation is heavily INSPIRED by Reborn and does make reference to it, but I don't know how significant Reborn and it's seemingly failed timeline directly impact the plot of that game to elaborate any further than that.

When discussing plot points of Rejuvenation for theories about Reborn, the real question is while Reborn is canon to Rejuvenation, is Rejuvenation canon to Reborn? Its entirely possible for a version of Reborn's events to happen in Rejuvenation, but for Ame's version not to be connected to Rejuvenation. Ame tends to stay more grounded in the world of the games than Jan does, which implies a different continuity.

On 2/7/2019 at 3:02 PM, L__Haze said:

Ayy lmao guys we did it. The last gym got completed today omg gosh we’re so close omg ahhh. Can’t wait to see what comes next

Yeah, no. Dont forget post-game content has to be implemented as well, so it'll take quite a while. Plus the E4 and probably at least two plot twists would have to be implemented too, soo... (Cyborg Ame fires her mouth-laser at hydreigon)