Dev Blog | V11 Status Thread

Jan

I also have to take issue with replacing Melia's Tyranitar and Yanmega with Pyroar and Snorlax, which are significantly worse competitive mons. Why was this decision made? If you talk about normal and fairy mons, then I bring up that she has a Zoroark.

I found the fact that she has two Dark type mons and Two Fairy mons kinda symbolic of having both light and dark, so Yanmega being replaced kinda makes sense. But Tyranitar shouldn't have been replaced.

It doesn't really make the game bad or anything, but it's still a very weird choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

I also have to take issue with replacing Melia's Tyranitar and Yanmega with Pyroar and Snorlax, which are significantly worse competitive mons. Why was this decision made? If you talk about normal and fairy mons, then I bring up that she has a Zoroark.

I found the fact that she has two Dark type mons and Two Fairy mons kinda symbolic of having both light and dark, so Yanmega being replaced kinda makes sense. But Tyranitar shouldn't have been replaced.

It doesn't really make the game bad or anything, but it's still a very weird choice.

gotta remember tho, melia doesnt necessarily do it to be competitive......... sure she wants to be a gym leader and all (i think she still wants to anyways) but other than that her need of a more diverse team isnt all that mandatory.............

plus if u think about it some of the late/end game gym leaders in the franchise dont use a specific type of pokemonand with her essentially being a rival of sorts her not having a diverse team isnt all that major either as even some of our rivals in the main games dont have the most well rounded teams

in short: this isnt a game based off of competitive gameplay cuz if it was half the stuff thats in the game wouldnt exist

35 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

gotta remember tho, melia doesnt necessarily do it to be competitive......... sure she wants to be a gym leader and all (i think she still wants to anyways) but other than that her need of a more diverse team isnt all that mandatory.............

plus if u think about it some of the late/end game gym leaders in the franchise dont use a specific type of pokemonand with her essentially being a rival of sorts her not having a diverse team isnt all that major either as even some of our rivals in the main games dont have the most well rounded teams

in short: this isnt a game based off of competitive gameplay cuz if it was half the stuff thats in the game wouldnt exist

I know, but the "Two Dark Types" and "Two Fairy types"? It sort of was a balance. It kinda seemed symbolic, as if Melia has a dark side and a light side.

Hmm so when Aelita left to found the 3 springs I’m thinking to myself and I hope they actually do this would there be a new side story for Aelita because she only have her Hawlucha with her it be so cool to actually have that as a next side story like Keta idk it just be a cool idea maybe they will do it I would like it :3 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i would like to see a short sidestory for saki since we know that she relates to so many people we would find out the relationship between saki, venam and amber through their childhood plus adam, valerie, braixen, erick 

5 hours ago, tomikson said:

i would like to see a short sidestory for saki since we know that she relates to so many people we would find out the relationship between saki, venam and amber through their childhood plus adam, valerie, braixen, erick 

We already know most of this, namely that she grew up with Venam and Amber in Gearen, its explored through various point of dialogue as well as numerous side things that you can find. As well as a little bit in WLL.

• Global Mods
On 6/26/2018 at 1:28 PM, Acecelgor said:

Patty from Angie's Bazar is best waifu

This will always be a true statement 

• Like 1

As of V10 it's: Melia>Crescent>Aelita>Lavender>Everyone else (not including Taelia since Aelita is a reincarnation of her and not including any alt versions of Melia).

Also, "try to escape" was the correct choice since "do nothing"=/="reveal Melanie's plan". If anything, it makes it seem like you are too weak and indecisive to make a decision and are just gonna stand there like a statue while whatever happens next unfolds. I stand by my choice and will only go back to redo it if I absolutely have to in order to get a different/better story/ending later on.

Oh and here's a suggestion. How about if I chose to fight and beat Kenneth, then the player kicks Amber in the face saving Melia. And if I decide not to fight him or lose, then the player just kinda stands there until Melanie calls Amber off. That's one rather small change that would make your choices seem like they actually matter and would in my opinion greatly improve the overall playing experience.

• Like 2

You know what the next version of Rejuvenation really needs? Sidequests. A lot of them.

One of the more disappointing parts of V10 was that their weren't many new Sidequests. So the next version should have more Sidequests.

Whether they are there for comedy or if they bring up Interesting plotlines... anything. One of the best parts of the game is the world, which is really vast and crazy. Sidequests make exploring it a lot more fun.

Especially Sidequests involving Team Anti Assist. 

3 hours ago, Gheist said:

As of V10 it's: Melia>Crescent>Aelita>Lavender>Everyone else (not including Taelia since Aelita is a reincarnation of her and not including any alt versions of Melia).

Also, "try to escape" was the correct choice since "do nothing"=/="reveal Melanie's plan". If anything, it makes it seem like you are too weak and indecisive to make a decision and are just gonna stand there like a statue while whatever happens next unfolds. I stand by my choice and will only go back to redo it if I absolutely have to in order to get a different/better story/ending later on.

Oh and here's a suggestion. How about if I chose to fight and beat Kenneth, then the player kicks Amber in the face saving Melia. And if I decide not to fight him or lose, then the player just kinda stands there until Melanie calls Amber off. That's one rather small change that would make your choices seem like they actually matter and would in my opinion greatly improve the overall playing experience.

Uhhh....what? I know there was this choice thing in V10 but it sounds like the issue is that it's based around a poor buildup with an unclear what to do or even make sense with creates dissonance between players and the PC. I've seen quite a handful of people complain that the choices didn't really make as much sense, but it's not my territory to talk about as it'd be hypocritical of me say it's one way or the other as of right now. Not actually a fan of story branches especially long extended ones because it requires replaying the game to experience both, but that's just tastes.

There is one thing I can answer. You're asking Jan to change the story...didn't we have this convo...hell if I remember who is who...which isn't something you can just randomly do to please a couple people. You can alter and flesh it out more but that's more to help sort confusion or better flow and not really going to change people's overall opinion's on something. In other words, the story is going to stay the same and there's not much anyone can do about it.

3 hours ago, ShadeStrider said:

You know what the next version of Rejuvenation really needs? Sidequests. A lot of them.

One of the more disappointing parts of V10 was that their weren't many new Sidequests. So the next version should have more Sidequests.

Whether they are there for comedy or if they bring up Interesting plotlines... anything. One of the best parts of the game is the world, which is really vast and crazy. Sidequests make exploring it a lot more fun.

Especially Sidequests involving Team Anti Assist. 

Didn't Jan say Grand Dream City was the last segment of help quests he'd do? I personally don't think Jan needs to do anything more than what he wants to do as Rejuv is a pretty long game full of a lot of content. A lot more than people should even ask or demand from a free game tbh. If you want games which have amazing sidequest content then you don't have to look too deep because many great RPGs do them well. Tales of Series is full of little bits and pieces of content from skits to titles, Trails of Series has job quests (similar to Rejuv), FFV and VI, Majora's Mask (one of my absolute favorite games due to the side quest system), and Xenoblade X. Pretty sure we could go on a year talk about games with great side quest systems.

Jan will do what Jan wants. Maybe next episode will be loaded with sidequests or maybe it'll have a heavier focus on the main plot without much else to go out of the way for. I'd be fine for both. Oh, this is a post where I won't trigger someone finally. I better change that. I actually really don't care for team anti-assist and find them more annoying than funny. I've only seen them on the island part but I think that's enough to get a good idea on them.

1 minute ago, Commander said:

Didn't Jan say Grand Dream City was the last segment of help quests he'd do? I personally don't think Jan needs to do anything more than what he wants to do as Rejuv is a pretty long game full of a lot of content. A lot more than people should even ask or demand from a free game tbh. If you want games which have amazing sidequest content then you don't have to look too deep because many great RPGs do them well. Tales of Series is full of little bits and pieces of content from skits to titles, Trails of Series has job quests (similar to Rejuv), FFV and VI, Majora's Mask (one of my absolute favorite games due to the side quest system), and Xenoblade X. Pretty sure we could go on a year talk about games with great side quest systems.

Jan will do what Jan wants. Maybe next episode will be loaded with sidequests or maybe it'll have a heavier focus on the main plot without much else to go out of the way for. I'd be fine for both. Oh, this is a post where I won't trigger someone finally. I better change that. I actually really don't care for team anti-assist and find them more annoying than funny. I've only seen them on the island part but I think that's enough to get a good idea on them.

It was just a suggestion.

I was going to make the short joke fish did but he beat me to it so I made a longer comment

I mean ambiguous suggestions/complaints are a dime a dozen. You are saying to Jan to put in more quests because they are fun. Pretty sure every player would love a set of those every segment but sometimes there's reasons not to. I'd love seeing more of them in the game, but I don't mind long segments without them. Maybe V11 will be plot heavy and have a big twist or battle to get excited about but if Jan puts forth more time into side quests due to fan complaints, maybe it'll end up being a big letdown or feel rushed or confusing.

3 minutes ago, Commander said:

I was going to make the short joke fish did but he beat me to it so I made a longer comment

I mean ambiguous suggestions/complaints are a dime a dozen. You are saying to Jan to put in more quests because they are fun. Pretty sure every player would love a set of those every segment but sometimes there's reasons not to. I'd love seeing more of them in the game, but I don't mind long segments without them. Maybe V11 will be plot heavy and have a big twist or battle to get excited about but if Jan puts forth more time into side quests due to fan complaints, maybe it'll end up being a big letdown or feel rushed or confusing.

Fair point.

1 hour ago, Commander said:

Uhhh....what? I know there was this choice thing in V10 but it sounds like the issue is that it's based around a poor buildup with an unclear what to do or even make sense with creates dissonance between players and the PC. I

The issue isn't the buildup, it's the way the "correct" choice was phrased. If you pick "do nothing" then Melia proceeds to explain Melanie's entire plan then she goes SSJ and fixes the alternate world before going back giving you the "good" ending (for V10 at least). When I read the choice, I expected that "do nothing" meant Melia would stand there indecisively which would probably be the worst thing she could do in the situation. That's my main problem with that part specifically.

One possible fix would be making the 3rd option say "pick neither" which still wouldn't be ideal but at least it implies that Melia will proactively decide to try and save both worlds rather than sacrifice either world to save the other.

As for the other choice I was talking about, you choose to either fight Kenneth in order to help Melia or don't fight and let Amber keep hitting her. If you don't fight, Melanie calls her off (same if you fight and lose) but if you fight and win, the player still just sits there and Melanie calls her off anyway so the choice (and whether you win the fight) literally doesn't matter at least for this part of the story. I suggested a small change where the player stops Amber himself if you choose to fight and win. This would greatly improve the scene and should be pretty easy to implement.

1 hour ago, Commander said:

There is one thing I can answer. You're asking Jan to change the story...didn't we have this convo...hell if I remember who is who...which isn't something you can just randomly do to please a couple people.

Yes, I am asking him to change 2 lines of dialogue (which would not affect the overall story) to make the game better and I also clearly explained why this change would be good. If he decides to listen, great. If not, I still voiced my opinion and maybe it makes him think twice if there's a similar situation down the road. So I will definitely continue to voice criticisms/make suggestions and no, we have not had this conversation before.

3 hours ago, Jan said:

I always appreciate [constructive] criticism. Even though I am quiet, I do read everything that's said.  In terms of story, I don't generally change what's already been established, but I do adjust things to make things better. Obviously, I'm not perfect and things I do could be improved on and I realize that (Self improvement is the whole goal with this project anyway). Which is why I constantly make changes between versions. As previously mentioned, this is a free game and unfortunately I don't have the time I want to constantly put my all into this game. I am trying my best. That being said, I wanted to thank everyone for being patient with me. I understand that the game takes quite a long time to work on and sometimes versions feel short, but always know that I'm working on it.  

Will you bring back Adrian tho?

4 hours ago, Jan said:

I always appreciate [constructive] criticism. Even though I am quiet, I do read everything that's said.  In terms of story, I don't generally change what's already been established, but I do adjust things to make things better. Obviously, I'm not perfect and things I do could be improved on and I realize that (Self improvement is the whole goal with this project anyway). Which is why I constantly make changes between versions. As previously mentioned, this is a free game and unfortunately I don't have the time I want to constantly put my all into this game. I am trying my best. That being said, I wanted to thank everyone for being patient with me. I understand that the game takes quite a long time to work on and sometimes versions feel short, but always know that I'm working on it.  

jan your doing a  good job with it we all have to do self improvements it how we grow as a person 

5 minutes ago, ShadeStrider said:

Can I point out the fact that Amber and Aelita are adoptive cousins, and neither of them know it?

Yeah I realised that too. That was a wham moment. I wonder if theyll find out in the game and, if they do, what their reactions will be. And if Amber will find out what happened to her dad. 

11 hours ago, Jan said:

Sleep, eat, and relax more til the end! Rest is always important and patience is a virtue! Never forget your goals and who you are Jan!

• Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 5:31 PM, Gheist said:

The issue isn't the buildup, it's the way the "correct" choice was phrased. If you pick "do nothing" then Melia proceeds to explain Melanie's entire plan then she goes SSJ and fixes the alternate world before going back giving you the "good" ending (for V10 at least). When I read the choice, I expected that "do nothing" meant Melia would stand there indecisively which would probably be the worst thing she could do in the situation. That's my main problem with that part specifically.

One possible fix would be making the 3rd option say "pick neither" which still wouldn't be ideal but at least it implies that Melia will proactively decide to try and save both worlds rather than sacrifice either world to save the other.

I read this completely differently when I was presented with this choice. Melanie explicitly told you that you were not allowed to do nothing. By then choosing to do nothing, you prove that she has no power in this situation and you are calling her bluff. Which Melia then explains. It avoids the option that makes you look like a terrible person for dooming that reality (running) and you aren't giving up by choosing the option to hand over Melia. What I'm trying to get at is that situation can be read completely differently based on how you approach the situation. That's what I enjoy about that decision. it can be viewed completely differently by the player, and people then have their own opinions on what the right one is. As such, I wouldn't change a thing there, as it gives the player the ability to read into the situation as they wish.

I also may have just been like "!@#$ you, you can't tell me what to do!"

• Upvote 2