Dev Blog | V11 Status Thread

Jan

15 hours ago, Jan said:
  Hide contents

Pod 010:

Analysis: Unit JAN Has only now created a status thread despite working on version 11 for several weeks.

Pod 011:

Affirmative. Unit JAN surely loves to procrastinate and also pile work on top of himself for no reason.

Pod 010:

Agreed.

Pod 011: 

Proposal: Pod 010 and Pod 011 should gather information on v11 while Unit JAN isn't looking.

Pod 010:

Agreed.

Salvaging data from Unit JAN immediately.

Salvaging complete. Data from V11 has been successfully obtained. 

Pod 011:

Proposal: Pod 011 and Pod 010 should exchange information to keep ourselves updated.

Pod 010:

Agreed.

Pod 011:

Affirmative. Launching compressed conversation mode.

Pod 010:

☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳

Pod 011:

☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳✼✻✺❋✹⁎☆↥☆✦✧✪✱✿⇪︹ⅶ♭♬⅒❁❂❃✵✶⁂✯✮✳

Pod 011:

Compressed conversation mode complete. 

Pod 010:

Proposal: Images salvaged from data should be shared with the public.

Pod 011:

Agreed. Updating status thread with salvaged images.

Pod 011: 

Salvaged data from Unit JAN.

I've been playing a lot of  Nier: Automata lately, leave me alone.

yeah I saw the same clip yesterday on Nier: Automata

somewhat pissed that jan removed the shoplifting feature  to steal honey from a poor woman would have loved to play the villain and have kayla her sister go take revenge on us only to fail miserably 😀 . it was unnecessary to remove it and would have been a great sidequest

• Veterans
29 minutes ago, tomikson said:

somewhat pissed that jan removed the shoplifting feature  to steal honey from a poor woman would have loved to play the villain and have kayla her sister go take revenge on us only to fail miserably 😀 . it was unnecessary to remove it and would have been a great sidequest

IIRC, the quest was there for the sake of being there and there was no actual progression with the quest afterwards. Narrative wise it just didn't make a lot of sense for it to be there anymore, so it got removed.

54 minutes ago, tomikson said:

16 minutes ago, Zumi said:

IIRC, the quest was there for the sake of being there and there was no actual progression with the quest afterwards. Narrative wise it just didn't make a lot of sense for it to be there anymore, so it got removed.

So you removed something from the game that has a plot that relies and functions on a lot of nonsense because it felt like nonsense. I'm not really going to say what way is right or wrong...because I have zero idea what it is about, but it brought back memories of Link's Awakening. I think it'd be kind of funny if you stole an item from a shopkeeper and your name is then changed to Thief for the rest of the game until you go back and pay for it or something. Like an Easter Egg and not a storyline plot.

48 minutes ago, Zumi said:

for me that moment was full of the emotion called regret, it gave you guilt in worst ways possible, so i thought that it could become a potentially fun sidequest if continued, id get to play as a villain

• Developers
25 minutes ago, Commander said:

So you removed something from the game that has a plot that relies and functions on a lot of nonsense because it felt like nonsense. I'm not really going to say what way is right or wrong...because I have zero idea what it is about, but it brought back memories of Link's Awakening. I think it'd be kind of funny if you stole an item from a shopkeeper and your name is then changed to Thief for the rest of the game until you go back and pay for it or something. Like an Easter Egg and not a storyline plot.

It was a small sidequest I no longer felt like continuing so I removed it. It's not that deep.

• Like 4

dear me, i wasnt expecting v11 progress to start for another 2-3 mounts already jan may just get 11 out before reborn 18 is done......

Guest Relinquished

1. Since gen 7 has been finalized (canonically), will the in-game events remain stable, with the very same pokemon rewards?

2. Will *all* Ultra Sun/moon content be added? (minus the beasts, obviously)

Hmmm.... Out of the context but .....Jan whenever you release a new Version of the game you also change your location in the forum..

Funny enough the location is present in the Released Version..... soo are you hinting something ??....

4 hours ago, AnnDy said:

Hmmm.... Out of the context but .....Jan whenever you release a new Version of the game you also change your location in the forum..

Funny enough the location is present in the Released Version..... soo are you hinting something ??....

Well, if I remember correctly his location during at least a good chunk of V10's development was "Hospital of Hope" which wasn't in the game yet, it only had been namedropped. I think he changes his location to a new area that will be present in the next episode whenever he creates the status thread for that version. (->Sashila Village is probably a location we will visit in V11)

• Veterans

Since I'll be busy this weekend, I'll go ahead and post the next batch of updated VS sprites in advance. Hope you're ready for some more of these OLD vs NEW comparisons :^)

Guess you can call this a Sheridan village edition?

Spoiler

vsTrainer63.png.70c71d11b83d7ca4aab85561bb4e59f6.png andvsTrainer92.png.30924d017d25af524a0fd1d6e1c25f72.png VS vstrainer132.png.b703bfd6b9dec501ba2e76bac9e8176e.png and vsTrainer133.png.ec0067a71cf63b2f148cd2200786018f.png

vsTrainer78.png.ef40aebff596bf3e6a7801f3a79e9fa1.png VS vsTrainer103.png.4c0b41ebaffe27ac8c82f9f93ca686e9.png

vsTrainer116.png.0bcb4dc17bbd041dac3fdb5598925c1c.png VS vsTrainer140.png.cc3972e46ccb1507fff9ef5dc3ed7a97.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

On 5/12/2018 at 5:31 PM, Jan said:

I've been playing a lot of  Nier: Automata lately, leave me alone.

Nier Automata is actually my favorite game of 2017. Its narrative was just too good. Definitely better than Breath of the Wild.

It's no MGS3 (I mean, despite having a Ladder Climbing Scene), but for me, it will remain a classic. And the best Drakengard game.

Also, a Status Thread for Version 11. Let's hope this doesn't spiral into a mess.

Could this be the time where we finally get to see the events of Grand Dream City play out? Where the conflict between BladeStar, The Reject District, the Government, Cassandra, Erin, and the MC, who found himself wrapped up in all of this, is resolved? Find out.... in about 8 - 10 months, maybe even longer.

On a side note, by the time this version is done, i'll definitely have progressed from being a lowly high school Student, to a college student.

I also have a request. Speaking of Nier Automata, have  the game include an epic Ladder Climbing scene, just like in the game.