Dev Blog | V11 Status Thread

Jan

Fire the shupa vain pinwheel Lycaboss.

A new dimensional rift will appear in this episode and it will be a lycanroc.

As to how i came to that conclusion, i dont know. Thats the only thing i could come up with.

30 minutes ago, Pozyher said:

Fire the shupa vain pinwheel Lycaboss.

Those are just my nicknames lol

To help, each pic shows off a change made at that point in the game regarding some teams. I'll even help more: in order, they are Gearen Sewers, Carotos Mountain, Kristilline, Teila!

21 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

The first two are Ren and Aelita, but I don't know who the third and fourth would be. Angie and Amber?

Venam and Amber perhaps? I wonder why Ren has a fire type now and Aelita has a flying type. Maybe they're not mono type trainers anymore.

Finally someone got it. Third picture probably is still Aelita as well since the other option has all shinies. Not really sure what the 4th one is about.

So here are my thoughts regarding this:

1) Ren now has a Growlithe. Pretty self explanatory.

2) Aelita has a Staravia now. Also self explanatory.

3) Angie's battle will now be a double battle. Beartic in hail hits surprisingly hard and fast, and Crabominable just hits hard. BTW, nice taste in using Pinsir, @Alex. Good to see someone use the best bug type lol.

4) Amber's battle will be singles now. It's in Telia, and it's a similar background as the Amber gym battle.

So assuming Aelita and Ren are no longer mono-type trainers.

In the end of episode 10 Aelita says that she will claim the position of Sensei possibly also becoming the Fighting type Gym Leader.She says that she will go on a journey to find the springs and the only mon she will take with her is her Hawlucha.So i think it makes sense for her to start not being a mono-type trainer and eventually becoming one.

As for Ren, i dont think it suits him that much.The reason Ren left Goldenleaf town was to train so that he can beat Narcissa and change his people.Dark type mons resist ghost type and at the same time are super effective to them.So i think it would make more sense that he is a dark-type mono trainer until he defeats Narcissa.Or unlti he decides to join Team Xen.You know " New me, new team "

The only reason i can think of as to why it would suit him not being a dark-type mono trainer is the fact that he has challenged Narcissa many time in the past and was unsuccessful and it would make more sense for him to lose if he wasnt a dark-type mono trainer.

2 minutes ago, DeathBane208 said:

Hey im just asking something silly can you please make eevee one of the starters please i love all things eevee and i love the eeveelutions also how do you get sylveon

Eevee can be gotten around the second gym, so that isn't necessary right now. You can evolve Eevee into Sylveon with Max Happiness and a Fairy-type move learned.

>Angie is a Double Battle now
Oh boy, I can't wait to be absolutely crumpled up in a bloody snowball and effortlessly blown aside by twice-boosted prefect-accuracy Blizzards with a side of Flinch!hax Icicle Crashes specifically to shatter my Special walls in what was already the second hardest fight in the game! And I thought Doubles!ReshiAmaria was bad... At least crabominable is a relatively easy to deal with bag of wasted potential.

Gut reactions aside, this does have some interesting things to it. Ren getting a growlithe is very funny thematically, given what his role in world is, but I suppose it will make his fight in Narcissa's Gym actually a worthwhile midboss fight- it gives him a pokemon that doesn't have one of its STABs weakened by unhappy spirits, after all! 

Aelita getting a staravia opens up an interesting thought: while it is true that she states that she plans to eventually go back home and reopen the Gym, she never specifies what Type it would be, and now her pre-journey team gives precedence for to specialize in either of hawlucha's Types. Her losing the source of her overwhelming aggression last Version could also serve as being an explanation for the change! That said, it does seem like a stretch- while I don't think Souta will be lasting or very much longer at this point, we do have to take into account that Talon will be taking his old spot back should the best case scenario occur with Nim's victims. But if that's thge case, that would also mean that we're gonna have to depose of Texen as well, so that'll be fun so long as Jan doesn't deny us the satisfaction!

If that is Venam in the Angie fight rather than just Alex showing off his spiffy stag beetle (which is most likely the case, since she hadn't named any of her pokemon previously, at least to my V9-onward knowledge), then that's pretty neat. It'd be nice to have some extra bodies against the Ice Bishop, of course, but more importantly, it has her break out of the Monotype mold *before* stealing Tesla's charizard. Can't complain about that, really, seeing as her taking the electrician's job kinda marks the end of her handling her Gym (at least, for the time being), and Bug Types are all over the place on that side of the Region!

... i kinda want start a new save when the v11 releases xD

I'm looking forward to Angie's double battle... :eyes:

altho I hate double battles and I suffered to kick Erick/Erik/whatever's ass orz

On 6/3/2018 at 9:53 PM, Autumn Zephyr said:

There... was a pattern, until the camel showed up. Two humps count as a Double Battle, right?

Of course, as well Lycanroc's mane.

Guys you do know there are other other battles in Angie's castle other then Angie right? There's one double battle where you battle two servants with Venam, and then there's another one you do by yourself. The screenshot with the icy background is probably just a the servant double battle you do alone. And before I hear the "but only Angie uses mono ice". Anything can change; I see no reason the servants wouldn't take after Angie and use Ice Types. I seriously doubt Angie is doubles when her singles fights have been so successful. 

On 6/10/2018 at 10:25 AM, Sceptilespy said:

Guys you do know there are other other battles in Angie's castle other then Angie right? There's one double battle where you battle two servants with Venam, and then there's another one you do by yourself. The screenshot with the icy background is probably just a the servant double battle you do alone. And before I hear the "but only Angie uses mono ice". Anything can change; I see no reason the servants wouldn't take after Angie and use Ice Types. I seriously doubt Angie is doubles when her singles fights have been so successful. 

Venam doesnt nickname her mons and the nicknaming style points more towards Alex than towards Venam if I had to guess, so I don't think that Pinsir belongs to Venam (?)

also: Ren, Aelita, servant, Amber -> one of these things is not like the others

1 hour ago, Walpurgis said:

Venam doesnt nickname her mons and the nicknaming style points more towards Alex than towards Venam if I had to guess, so I don't think that Pinsir belongs to Venam (?)

also: Ren, Aelita, servant, Amber -> one of these things is not like the others

"And there's another one you do by yourself" 

I meant there's another double battle you do by yourself against two servants. 

On 6/7/2018 at 12:17 PM, Autumn Zephyr said:

>Angie is a Double Battle now
Oh boy, I can't wait to be absolutely crumpled up in a bloody snowball and effortlessly blown aside by twice-boosted prefect-accuracy Blizzards with a side of Flinch!hax Icicle Crashes specifically to shatter my Special walls in what was already the second hardest fight in the game! And I thought Doubles!ReshiAmaria was bad... At least crabominable is a relatively easy to deal with bag of wasted potential.

Gut reactions aside, this does have some interesting things to it. Ren getting a growlithe is very funny thematically, given what his role in world is, but I suppose it will make his fight in Narcissa's Gym actually a worthwhile midboss fight- it gives him a pokemon that doesn't have one of its STABs weakened by unhappy spirits, after all! 

Aelita getting a staravia opens up an interesting thought: while it is true that she states that she plans to eventually go back home and reopen the Gym, she never specifies what Type it would be, and now her pre-journey team gives precedence for to specialize in either of hawlucha's Types. Her losing the source of her overwhelming aggression last Version could also serve as being an explanation for the change! That said, it does seem like a stretch- while I don't think Souta will be lasting or very much longer at this point, we do have to take into account that Talon will be taking his old spot back should the best case scenario occur with Nim's victims. But if that's thge case, that would also mean that we're gonna have to depose of Texen as well, so that'll be fun so long as Jan doesn't deny us the satisfaction!

If that is Venam in the Angie fight rather than just Alex showing off his spiffy stag beetle (which is most likely the case, since she hadn't named any of her pokemon previously, at least to my V9-onward knowledge), then that's pretty neat. It'd be nice to have some extra bodies against the Ice Bishop, of course, but more importantly, it has her break out of the Monotype mold *before* stealing Tesla's charizard. Can't complain about that, really, seeing as her taking the electrician's job kinda marks the end of her handling her Gym (at least, for the time being), and Bug Types are all over the place on that side of the Region!

God I legit hated the whole fight with angie, the fact that fire type moves don't do much on that battle makes me so mad.

27 minutes ago, Autumn-Rose said:

God I legit hated the whole fight with angie, the fact that fire type moves don't do much on that battle makes me so mad.

Indeed. Any of the fire fighting starters or Empolyon would have been the easy ways out of this fight honestly. Mostly empolyon. Dat steel typ attacks. Though the stupid avaglug would have been an annoyance for it. I was suuuper lucky I decided to keep Revenge on my Samurott. Couple that with the metranome and she basically won the battle for me.

• Upvote 1

So someone thinks that in the next version we will be able to use mega evolutios or z-moves or we will have to wait to future versions

Edited by Armakan77