E17 Obtainable Pokemon List Changes [Potential Spoilers?]

Endstrom

1 hour ago, kithas said:

Well, I think it is ready but not available haha it's not that Ame hasn't added the lines to the game yet, is it?

If I understood your message correctly, then I think you're confused.

She isn't adding pokemon to the game as beta-testing is going on. They are already there and I am sure that Beta (and even Alpha) Testers were expected to find them and report them to Amethyst (whether or not there are bugs with the events or the locations).
What Amethyst is doing is just revealing one pokemon at a time from an obtainable list devised before Alpha even began, as far as I know.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Ross_Andrews said:

If I understood your message correctly, then I think you're confused.

She isn't adding pokemon to the game as beta-testing is going on. They are already there and I am sure that Beta (and even Alpha) Testers were expected to find them and report them to Amethyst (whether or not there are bugs with the events or the locations).
What Amethyst is doing is just revealing one pokemon at a time from an obtainable list devised before Alpha even began, as far as I know.

Thanks for clearing, I was actually stating that fact: the game is already prepared, so now what we're waiting is to beta testing to end. 

15 hours ago, Anstane said:

Well, you won't be getting it in E17 because USUM stuff won't be implemented yet.

14 hours ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

I'm afraid that you'll have to wait for E18 for Dusk Lycanroc because all USUM stuffs will be implemented into E18 ( if Gen 8 won't appear in near future.

Oh well, at least lucario will have some more time in my main party and midday is still pretty good. Is there any word on how lycanroc's evolution works in Reborn?

Edited by The Swordsman

4 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

Is there any word on how lycanroc's evolution works in Reborn?

Wouldn't it just work on a day/night system like the other time-dependent evolution (e.i.   Espeon and Umbreon)?   Sure, they might have to portion the times a little differently (to account for the eventual Dusk form), but it seems needlessly complicated to make a unique system for them.

5 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Wouldn't it just work on a day/night system like the other time-dependent evolution (e.i.   Espeon and Umbreon)?   Sure, they might have to portion the times a little differently (to account for the eventual Dusk form), but it seems needlessly complicated to make a unique system for them.

That is the best and logical solution but it might not be the case due to their evolution being tied to the legendaries of Sun and Moon. Another solution might be them using the sun, moon and dusk stones.

3 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

due to their evolution being tied to the legendaries of Sun and Moon

Lore-wise, they are tied to them?  I haven't watched US/UM at all and I barely remember watching S/M, so I shouldn't be surprised I don't remember.

3 minutes ago, The Swordsman said:

Another solution might be them using the sun, moon and dusk stones.

Probably the best alternate solution, if the time system isn't used.

4 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Lore-wise, they are tied to them?  I haven't watched US/UM at all and I barely remember watching S/M, so I shouldn't be surprised I don't remember.

Lore-wise for the games, (I don't know about the anime) it is the reason you can only evolve rockruff to midday in Sun and midnight in Moon.

Edited by The Swordsman

• Administrators

lycanroc is time-based

fwiw i do personally consider type:null to be legendary but honestly it got shafted in sun and moon and that felt bad/10

jan and i pow-wow'd a while back before there was any real confirmation and we decided then that, since i promised all non-legends would be available before post-game in reborn, it was better to just make it available even if it is legendary than have it end up being not legendary and not available and tripping over that promise
we also decided which ever way we were going to treat it, we should keep it consistent between both of our games
so there was never really any chance it wouldn't be included. ^^

8 minutes ago, Slicster said:

Gible is now obtainable by an in game event.   7 lines remain, and it's safe to assume that Larvitar and Dratini won't be in the next episode. 

For Dratini, maybe we still have hope ( if Titania or E17 will give us Rock Climb ). Larvitar is also can't be ruled out yet as it fits in the desert.

1 minute ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

For Dratini, maybe we still have hope ( if Titania or E17 will give us Rock Climb ). Larvitar is also can't be ruled out yet as it fits in the desert.

Except if we get Rock Climb, then Dragonite, Hydreigon and Tyranitar would become available at the same time because they all require Rock Climb. And at this point, there is only one line left to reveal, so...

On 11/23/2017 at 10:37 PM, Aloysius said:

This might be worth remembering. I mean the Beldum event was insane, I wouldn't put it past Ame to make this a necessary part of the event for Honedge.

I stand corrected :3 Ame was messing with us

Honestly I had my doubts on getting rock climb in E17 mainly because of Dratini and Deino. Those two if gotten early, would be very OP against Saphira especially with the Dragon's den field effect. My guess is for the remaining six, we will get Scyther and Magikarp after Hardy and the other four (Bagon, Deino, Larvitar and Dratini) after Saphira.

Edited by Maqqy

1 hour ago, Maqqy said:

Honestly I had my doubts on getting rock climb in E17 mainly because of Dratini and Deino. Those two if gotten early, would be very OP against Saphira especially with the Dragon's den field effect. My guess is for the remaining six, we will get Scyther and Magikarp after Hardy and the other four (Bagon, Deino, Larvitar and Dratini) after Saphira.

tbh anything with access to Nature Power and decent stats will be OP vs. Saphira, the field turns it into Dragon Pulse which then gets doubled to 170BP by the field, and the only Dragons not weak to it are Mega Altaria and Dragonite (because field)

Edited by Paperblade

Cool, Gible line available, but unless we get the TM for Earthquake and a decent Rock move, it's not gonna be of that much use, so I'll stay with Tyrantrum. Also, makes me wonder if we're gonna have our 1x1 rematch with Solaris this episode, since, you know, it's a Desert environment and he's in charge of going after the Sapphire bracelet, which Titania has.

Also also, only one line left! Probably gonna be Jangmo-o, since it's the least OP of the remaining lines (although USUM gave it some major boosts). So everyone going into E17 will know the Corin Rouge sidequest will be a wild-goose chase :(

4 minutes ago, iDunno said:

Cool, Gible line available, but unless we get the TM for Earthquake and a decent Rock move, it's not gonna be of that much use, so I'll stay with Tyrantrum. Also, makes me wonder if we're gonna have our 1x1 rematch with Solaris this episode, since, you know, it's a Desert environment and he's in charge of going after the Sapphire bracelet, which Titania has.

Also also, only one line left! Probably gonna be Jangmo-o, since it's the least OP of the remaining lines (although USUM gave it some major boosts). So everyone going into E17 will know the Corin Rouge sidequest will be a wild-goose chase :(

I believe he isnt in charge anymore. In episode 15 he said he would rather not but he has to ask Lin to get the saphire bracelets from titania since he couldnt.

7 minutes ago, iDunno said:

USUM tutor moves aren't in e17 and Ame probably decided who would be available long before we knew Kommo-o became op in USUM, there's no way she would have time to change who would be the last line. If Kommo-o was chosen pre USUM then Kommo-o will be avialable. But part of me still feels we're getting one of the non pseudo lines not available, that would leave us with one non pseudo line and five pseudo lines unavailable, my money is on gyarados. That being said, Please let it be Kommo-o