When The Cicadas Cry Mafia [Mafia Wins!]

Anime

9 minutes ago, Evi Crystal said:

(Eliminate) Nicki 

Criminals should be executed.

From my experience with Evi last game, when she casts a vote like that it means shes mafia

[Unvote] Nicki

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

• Global Mods

[unvote] Newt.

Crystal was quite quick to follow up on a vote on me, which I could only assume as baiting from Newt. It's quite suspicious given she virtually came from nowhere to quickly place a vote. This is unfortunate, given it could either be that she either wasn't paying much attention and just saw Newt's vote and followed up on it, a simple mistake, or she really is mafia (or maybe a part of the cult) since she didn't really consider looking too much into it. Granted, I might look suspicious right now but I feel like this paints a bad light onto her. If I'm calculating right, we don't have too much time left in the day phase (or I could be 24 hours ahead, and in that case I'll apologise), which means I'd like for Crystal to perhaps explain herself. I'm going to put a placeholder vote onto her for now in hopes she can shed some light onto her behaviour and convince me that she's a member of the village.

I need to vote for someone, and I wasn't really planning on keeping my vote on Newt, and so this will be my vote unless I can be convinced otherwise.

[eliminate] Evi Crystal.

15 minutes ago, cicada said:

Crystal was quite quick to follow up on a vote on me, which I could only assume as baiting from Newt. It's quite suspicious given she virtually came from nowhere to quickly place a vote.

yeah i agree. i was laughing at you and newt's posts and when i saw crystal's i was like “wait why” i guess that was a smart(?) tactic newt LOL

i think the phase is about to end, and since i haven't voted yet I'm gonna add one more pressure vote to crystal for her to defend herself since iirc she's the most who's got the most votes rn anyway

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

this is my first game with her,,, is she new too?

58 minutes ago, Newt said:

From my experience with Evi last game, when she casts a vote like that it means shes mafia

[Unvote] Nicki

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

[Unvote] Nicki 

[Eliminate] Bean

A birdie told me, that Bean did something suspicious and I mistook that for Nicki.

Sorry Nicki

Well I think there are two things wrong with your supposition about Crystal "falling" for Newt's "bait."

• She could have added a vote on the various previous votes
  • That was not a bait.
9 minutes ago, Evi Crystal said:

[Unvote] Nicki 

[Eliminate] Bean

A birdie told me, that Bean did something suspicious and I mistook that for Nicki.

Sorry Nicki

The message in which you "accidentally" voted Nicki stated "Criminals should be executed" which oddly enough, its timing was after Newt called Nicki a criminal. As far as I can remember, that is the first time someone was described as a criminal in this game.

It would feel odd not to relate both posts.

But don't mind that for now, who is this "birdie?"

Night 2

The villager gasped and stumbled back as the town converged on him. How could this have happened? He wasn’t sure what he had done wrong, but they seemed now to blame him for the horrors of Oyashiro-sama’s curse.

He sighed, knowing his death was unavoidable. “No matter, my death will change nothing, if you truly wish to shed innocent blood then... may Oyashiro-Sama bring pain everlasting upon each and every one who took part in this.“

As usual, Takano Miyo observed the events from a distance, one less person off her list. “ Oh my, this game isnt going too well for you, you so called Deity of the Shrine, is it? I told you my will break anyone who stands in my way.

Bean was lynched, he was a vanilla villager.

some people didnt fulfill the posting requirements, i wont ping them but im keeping my eyes on them 😉

Players List:

1- Cicada as ???

2- Alistair as Sonozaki Oryou

3- Dragoknight as ???

4- Nano4 as Maebara keiichi

5- LykosHand as  Hojo Satoko

6- Newt as ???

7- TonyAbboud as ???

8- Astra125 as ???

9- Chickens as vanilla villager

10- Daniel Blackworth as Oishi Kurado

11- Mimimimimimi as ???

12- Falirion as ???

13- Walpurgis as ???

14- L'Belle as ???

15- Aldo as ???

16- Valentine Kaden as ???

17- Eviora as ???

18- Seal as ???

19- Black Swordsman as ???

20- Evi Crystal as ???

21- Anti Loser as ???

I honestly wasn't able to catch up because I'm sick but I need to post twice and give a vote too to avoid getting mod killed huhu 😭 so here it goes

[Eliminate] Valentine (as a place holder and will change later on)

Also, as I've seen in the thread, someone is making the game confusing on purpose (will not name a person as to avoid getting revenge vote). Will try and wait for more information

Day 3

Through the thick foliage of the mountains they ran, The villager was just not able to keep up with the speed of the Yamainu soldier however. This proved that he was right, so instead he turned back. He might not have caught his prey, but he had finally found some confirmation that an organisation was behind the “Curse of Oyashiro-sama”.

Okonogi looked back to see the villager retreating, he then waited for a few moments and once he was certain that he was alone he picked up his radio. “I couldn’t make it in time, he escaped me through the forest”

Takano’s voice on the other end merely laughed “I have already seen to it. such a nosy villager”

That morning the body of a villager was found in the living room of his home, his life snuffed out in an instant. The villagers were in a state of panic and disarray, they did not suspect Takano’s sleight.

Meanwhile Ryugu Rena couldnt keep the symptoms in check and Mamiya Rina’s presence did not help. “ Don’t think you’re too smart woman, your death will be soon’’

Newt was killed, he was a vanilla villager.

Players List:

1- Cicada as ???

2- Alistair as Sonozaki Oryou

3- Dragoknight as ???

4- Nano4 as Maebara keiichi

5- LykosHand as  Hojo Satoko

6- Newt as vanilla villager

7- TonyAbboud as ???

8- Astra125 as ???

9- Chickens as vanilla villager

10- Daniel Blackworth as Oishi Kurado

11- Mimimimimimi as ???

12- Falirion as ???

13- Walpurgis as ???

14- L'Belle as ???

15- Aldo as ???

16- Valentine Kaden as ???

17- Eviora as ???

18- Seal as ???

19- Black Swordsman as ???

20- Evi Crystal as ???

21- Anti Loser as ???

Well, yes this is going less than ideal, but last day showed a clear suspect in my eyes
[Eliminiate] Evi Crystal

The vote against nicki, based on newt's vote was just way too suspect and the switch to bean was clearly just to save her own skin from the blowback

55 minutes ago, Falirion said:

Well, yes this is going less than ideal, but last day showed a clear suspect in my eyes
[Eliminiate] Evi Crystal

The vote against nicki, based on newt's vote was just way too suspect and the switch to bean was clearly just to save her own skin from the blowback

My thoughts exactly.

At first, it was just Aldo and Evi who have made a """placeholder""" bandwagon against Bean. After Newt, Nicki, and I voted Crystal, Seal came in just to place another vote on Bean.

As of that time, Crystal and Bean were in a tie. But then, she switched her vote from Nicki to Bean, saying that "a birdie told her bean did something suspicious." Pretty convenient to save herself from getting lynched, right? But the thing is, when Bean was lynched, he turned out to be a vanilla villager. What's this "birdie," and what is that something suspicious that Bean did, @Evi Crystal? Would you please explain to us?

Before the day ended, Aldo lowkey defended Crystal. He didn't say it was suspicious (but it was screaming scum in my eyes), but he let the Beanwagon go by! Hey, not to mention it was Aldo himself who was the first to vote Bean, even though it was just merely a """placeholder,""" but why didn't he change it? I feel like the votes on Bean were planned, and Aldo, Evi, and Seal are mafia laying low.

On 4/8/2020 at 2:51 AM, Newt said:

[Unvote] Nicki

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

I'm not sure if this is true since this is my first game with Crystal, but it's not really helping her look less suspicious after what's happened.

That, or she's just a townie painting a target on herself.

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

Weren't things suppose to get easier for us as the game went on or am I'm tripping. Anyways, Newt ended up town so that guess was a dead end for me. As for Crystal, I'm not sure what to think of her. I want to say she isn't mafia cause it doesn't quiet feel the same but I'll let her speak for herself . However, she could be something else which leads into the other thing. It's day 3 with a cult and only town has died. Assuming the cult has been recruiting every night, that's a total of 4 members. Worst case, there's 4 cultists and 4 mafia. Best case, the cult has recruited some of the mafia. Either way, no good for town since we're eventually going to get overwhelmed. 

@Amine Are recruited cultists revealed as cult followers and if they are, will we know their original role?

2 hours ago, Astra125 said:

Weren't things suppose to get easier for us as the game went on or am I'm tripping. Anyways, Newt ended up town so that guess was a dead end for me. As for Crystal, I'm not sure what to think of her. I want to say she isn't mafia cause it doesn't quiet feel the same but I'll let her speak for herself . However, she could be something else which leads into the other thing. It's day 3 with a cult and only town has died. Assuming the cult has been recruiting every night, that's a total of 4 members. Worst case, there's 4 cultists and 4 mafia. Best case, the cult has recruited some of the mafia. Either way, no good for town since we're eventually going to get overwhelmed. 

@Amine Are recruited cultists revealed as cult followers and if they are, will we know their original role?

you will know their original role and if they were culted

crap I missed the phase change yesterday

So then..

Evi's behavior seems awful suspicious here. I'm not exactly sure, considering this is only her second game and I'm not sure what would constitute as normal behavior, but I think it would be our best chance of finding mafia.

I'm also not sure how to feel about Seal. He's usually about as inactive as he is now, but I can't help but feel his last vote was a bit too reactionary, possibly to try and cover for Evi.

6 hours ago, mimi said:

Before the day ended, Aldo lowkey defended Crystal. He didn't say it was suspicious (but it was screaming scum in my eyes), but he let the Beanwagon go by! Hey, not to mention it was Aldo himself who was the first to vote Bean, even though it was just merely a """placeholder,""" but why didn't he change it? I feel like the votes on Bean were planned, and Aldo, Evi, and Seal are mafia laying low.

Yeah, it does seem quite strange to me. The Bean lynch felt really forced. I'm not sure what to make of Aldo, perhaps he felt lynching Bean was necessary at the time?

I find Seal even stranger here. His vote seems really reactionary. I would like to hear from @Evi Crystal.

• Global Mods

I am not sure I'm fond of Aldo's reasoning which, to me, seemed like an excuse to avoid voting for Crystal despite how she's been behaving.

Regarding this comment:

That was not a bait.

I'm not sure if I fully agree with that. Newt's a random player for sure, but I'm feeling more and more confident that he was trying to bait someone. It was a more subtle way of doing it, but you could tell by our interactions that he was not voting me because he found me suspicious.

Like others mentioned before, it seemed that Crystal's explanation for voting me was not super convincing, and I was the only person to be referred to as a "criminal", and even if she did actually intend to vote for Bean, her explanation for voting me does not add up with her words before casting the vote.

It's still very hard to grasp some opinions on people. If there weren't as many people inactive I'd consider them as town folk... however, with the amount of inactive people, it's very hard to assume that anymore. With any luck, the person who rolled the cult leader is one of the inactives. I guess we'll see what happens later on. For now, I'd like to hear from the likes of @Walpurgis, @Anti-Loser and @Eviora -- there are a few others I'd also ping but I am not sure they'd answer. I haven't heard much at all from the first two, and Evi has contributed but I think there's a bit more she could bring to the table.

Since I can't vote for multiple people, I'll place a pressure vote on Crystal again. I can remove it if necessary, however, Newt being killed immediately after accusing Crystal is quite suspicious in itself.

[eliminate] Evi Crystal.

Well there isn't much more to be said about the Crystal thing until she answers, so moving on from there.

the other bean Votes should also be interesting to look at as already said, Eviora and Seal seemed kinda sheepish in their behaviour and aldo's seeming defense of Crystal is curious.

6 hours ago, Amine said:

you will know their original role and if they were culted

^ This is another issue, since that means no one culted died, so we are in fact currently looking at 4 man cult (the CL and 3 culted people), as no one that died was culted apparently, all 4 mafia roles are also still alive, so worst case 4 cult / 4 mafia / 7 town (if no mafia member was culted), if some mafia's were culted then this whole thing looks a little more favorable, but still not great.
I take it no cultist turning up dead means that the more active players were avoided, so i'd take a closer look at the more inactive / lying low players: Eviora, seal, AL, Valentine, Drago, Tony, Castiel, crystal herself... why is this list so long jeezus
That being said Crystals behaviour strikes me more as mafia, than cult as i don't see the cult gaining anything from pushing a specific lynch

Damnit I knew something like this would happen. When Evi Crystal voted on Nicki I thought it was Eviora making a joke since there wasn't really a reasoning behind it. I should've done this in the previous phase.

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

Alright I’m back from inactivity 

Just give me time to read everything

Amma vote off other inactive peeps 

Eliminate L’Bella

I wanna hear Crystal’s explanation before I decide to vote her off as well