When The Cicadas Cry Mafia [Mafia Wins!]

Anime

wtf i wasn't done yet but my phone sent the post already

35 minutes ago, TonyAbboud said:

As for Mimi, I am voting her because I agree with what Astra says. If I really had to pick someone other than Mimi it would be me but I am really enjoying this game and I want to stay alive. I will do you guys no harm I promise.

wait what?? what was astra's point? you're agreeing that he's lazy?

aren't you reading what the others said? what do you think of eviora?

This is certainly something.

Evi is Kasai then? I'm not 100% sure what to make of it, but barring any counter-claim, I think I can take that.

And then we have Eviora's statement. I've only played a few games with Eviora so I'm not sure what to make of it. Astra and Mimi bring up valid points about the possibility of her being Jiro or the cult leader, or just a blatant Jiro soft-claim as Fali states.

5 hours ago, Falirion said:

Speaking of Votes, what are these votes against Mimi exactly? i see absolutely no reason for those, Mimi is tied with Nicki my strongest townread by far (well there is also astra basically confirmed town due to the uncontested claim, but with a cult in the game that doesn't need to still be the case)

I'm about as clueless on that one unfortunately. I think it might've been bait maybe?

58 minutes ago, Astra125 said:

But in seriousness, knowing Tony, he probably misunderstood me but he'll have to clear that up himself.

*sigh* just when things seem slow this game just seems to throw a curve ball out of nowhere

Anyway, I don't really agree with this Mimi lynch so I'll go with my gut here and hope we can get something.

[Eliminate] Eviora

Night Three

Rika gasped and stumbled back as the town converged on her. How could this have happened? She wasn’t sure where she had gone so wrong but whilst her beloved village had once revered her, they seemed now to blame her for the horrors of Oyashiro-sama’s curse.

Rika sighed, dropping the act of the naïve child.
“Never before have I experienced such a terrifying world, never have you all turned your back on me so. I go to my death hoping never to wake in such a world again.” Moments later Rika’s blood doused the floor… and then soon after she awoke once again in a fresh body in another Hinamizawa.

“Well Hanyu, it’s time again to play our game with this endless June.”

Eviora survived the lynch. She was Rika Furude.. but not anymore

Right, the inactives.. Walpurgis was modkilled, she was Sonozaki Shion.
Black Swordsman was modkilled, he was Kasai Tatsuyoshi.
LBelle was modkilled, he was Kimiyoshi Kiirchirou

Players List:

1- Cicada as ???

2- Alistair as Sonozaki Oryou

3- Dragoknight as ???

4- Nano4 as Maebara keiichi

5- LykosHand as  Hojo Satoko

6- Newt as vanilla villager

7- TonyAbboud as ???

8- Astra125 as ???

9- Chickens as vanilla villager

10- Daniel Blackworth as Oishi Kurado

11- Mimimimimimi as ???

12- Falirion as ???

13- Walpurgis as Sonozaki Shion

14- L'Belle as Kimiyoshi kiichirou

15- Aldo as ???

16- Valentine Kaden as ???

17- Eviora as ???

18- Seal as ???

19- Black Swordsman as Kasai Tatsuyoshi

20- Evi Crystal as ???

21- Anti Loser as ???

Day 4

Rika woke up in a new body, but to her surprise Hanyuu was no longer there. So it finally happened, this is the last chance i get, Hanyuu mustve used up all her remaining power to save me.

Gone?! what do you mean? find her you incompetent idiots, the Queen Carrier must be found at all costs, search the entire village and the forest if you must, she cant escape us

Takano was nervous, she was so close so her goal, she cant have any errors now, everything must go perfectly.

im afraid i have some ill news.. we got reports saying that a certain cult is rising in the village, we found out that Oryou of the Sonozaki family was a member before her death.. the only good news i have is that we finally tracked down and killed the Shrine Deity, it seems she gave herself a human form, we dont know why though

It does not matter, find Rika Furude, and kill anyone you suspect is a cult member, you are the Yamainu, one of the best trained soldiers from Japan, you must succeed...Grandpa, i wil not fail you

Nicki was killed, she was Hanyuu.

Players List:

1- Cicada as Hanyuu

2- Alistair as Sonozaki Oryou

3- Dragoknight as ???

4- Nano4 as Maebara keiichi

5- LykosHand as  Hojo Satoko

6- Newt as vanilla villager

7- TonyAbboud as ???

8- Astra125 as ???

9- Chickens as vanilla villager

10- Daniel Blackworth as Oishi Kurado

11- Mimimimimimi as ???

12- Falirion as ???

13- Walpurgis as Sonozaki Shion

14- L'Belle as Kimiyoshi kiichirou

15- Aldo as ???

16- Valentine Kaden as ???

17- Eviora as ???

18- Seal as ???

19- Black Swordsman as Kasai Tatsuyoshi

20- Evi Crystal as ???

21- Anti Loser as ???

Well, well, well. It looks like it's a good thing I got lynched when I did. Best of luck, Rika.

My suspicion now lies on the one who, despite being quite skilled at the game, overlooked the most obvious role capable of wiping out the town (and cult) all at once. When I said I would raze the village to the ground, I meant it. That's an ability I lost - but in the most useful way possible. You see, I tried to switch with someone, but the switch was randomized instead - which means my target was mafia. Now I know the mafia was responsible for pushing the bandwagon on me - and it's mafia I want to bring down. That's my only goal. I don't care whether town or cult wins.

If you're a member of the town or the cult, I urge you to vote with me and get rid of the one person I know is mafia.

[Eliminate] Falirion

Now it's quite opportunistic for you to claim so. Given you were Furude Rika before, you are indubitably a worthy cult target. Hence everything you say from now on should be taken with a grain of salt.

I suggest we take this phase to get the cult leader, Oyashiro-sama, before lynching any mafia. We have Evi Crystal as a confirmed one due to their fake claim, but going in blind does us no good.

It's certain that, as of this phase, there are 5 cultists. Meaning that if either Village or Mafia get lynched, both will lose.

Nothing about what you just said refutes my proof that Falirion is mafia. That doesn't mean he hasn't been culted, as far as I'm aware. I have a clear target in mind - someone I know is a threat to the town. But the unfortunate truth is that, assuming everyone who died so far was not culted (It would have been mentioned upon their death if they had been, I think.) the chances of town winning are vanishingly low. One more mistake and they could easily become zero. You say we should deal with the cult leader, and if we knew who that was, that might not be a bad idea. It might also be a terrible idea. If you were to succeed and none of the mafia had been culted, they would win at once. So you're relying on the hope that some mafia was culted. But do you have any proof that's the case? And even if you did have proof, do you know who the cult leader is?

Unless you can answer both questions convincingly, I see no reason to go along with your suggestion. On the contrary, it makes you look like a member of mafia. I wonder... could it be that Falirion isn't just mafia, but the mafia leader?

So this is a lot of information to process in one sitting.

So this is where you want to end it then @Eviora?

On 3/28/2020 at 4:59 PM, Amine said:

Furude, Rika - The inadvertent head of the Furude family and the shrine maiden of the shrine to Oyashiro-sama, the deity of Hinamizawa. She is the carrier of the queen parasite and shares a spiritual connection to Oyashiro-sama. As the carrier of the queen, Rika is immune to insanity, however her death will trigger a large-scale outbreak of Hinamizawa syndrome. If Miyo Takano is alive when Rika dies, the mafia win. If Rika is going to be lynched she can switch her role with another player, however this ability only works whilst Miyo Takano is alive. She knows the identity of Furude Hanyu.

"She can switch her role with another player." There's no implication that this can fail, and then RNG'd among townies in the case of said failure. Maybe you did swap with Fali and are mafia right now. It would seem awful convenient given your situation.

Another thing I would like to mention. Evi Crystal clearly claimed Kasai last day phase. But as we can all see, Kasai has been modkilled, and the role belongs to Cas.

So then, what I believe. You are mafia Eviora. You successfully swapped roles with Fali, and are now trying to push this false narrative of a lynch on him to achieve your wincon before the cult can act.

Hmm. Well, a cult member has to go in order for town to have a chance at winning as the cultist will gain majority after this phase. I suspect I'll be the target since I've basically given myself away as someone the cult leader won't instantly die on if they try to recruit me. The only up side to this is that we have rough a 50% chance to lynch a cultist. Unfortunately, that just about means just about everything else is against us. Mafia, it's your best interest to set our differences aside and go after the cult. Investigate you members to see if they have turned or not cause chances are that one of you guys might have turned.

1 hour ago, Eviora said:

@Amine Hey Monokuma, can Rika switch with a member of the mafia?What happens if she tries?

no rika can only switch with town

i asked amine earlier

Fali is mafia. However, once Miyo dies, he will become a town doctor. I've confirmed this on an earlier day, let me just quote the posts.

On 4/6/2020 at 5:06 AM, Amine said:

Oishi continued his patrol, noticing Mamiya Rina leaving the Irie Clinic in a hurry . It seemed strange to him, but he had more important things to worry about.

On 4/6/2020 at 6:13 AM, Falirion said:

the item i won was a self heal for insanity (so can't use it on other people)
AND it was stolen anyway....

Fali won an item in a daytime event earlier. Rina steals items at night. There weren't any other items given out, therefore Fali was the only one who had one, and Rina stole it.

Also, Irie doesn't attend mafia meetings since he doesn't know what Miyo's intentions are, and he becomes a regular town Doctor once she dies.

In conclusion, there's really no need for us to lynch Fali because he is sided with either town or mafia. We just need to get Jiro and Miyo out of the picture. I don't know if Fali's been culted yet, though, but if so, I guess he wins with the cult now.

thanks for coming to my ted talk

well HOLY SHIT, when it's raining it's fucking pouring isn't it
... there are several things i could have tried to say in responce to eviora's accusation, none of them believable, especially if amine had answered the question, but even without, and then this:

21 minutes ago, mimi said:

Fali won an item in a daytime event earlier. Rina steals items at night. There weren't any other items given out, therefore Fali was the only one who had one, and Rina stole it.

Also, Irie doesn't attend mafia meetings since he doesn't know what Miyo's intentions are, and he becomes a regular town Doctor once she dies.

In conclusion, there's really no need for us to lynch Fali because he is sided with either town or mafia. We just need to get Jiro and Miyo out of the picture. I don't know if Fali's been culted yet, though, but if so, I guess he wins with the cult now.

thanks for coming to my ted talk

I will be honest, when that phasepost was written like that, i kinda freaked out, but not saying my item was stolen would have tipped of rina, so i said it and hoped no one would read into it. so yes i am mafia, i am Dr. Kyousuke Irie, the mafia's pawn that doesn't know their own masters, so yes eviora, if you want revenge, feel free to vote me (i still maintain that your post looked scummy as all hell, also where the hell is that view coming from that i am good at this?) but that comes at the cost of giving the cult the win, you probably won't believe me, but i am not part of the cult, and given the situation, lynching mafia or town will end the game in a cult win,
We need to find the cult if we don't all want to lose this game, now so yes if i had any more information to give i would do so right now, i can only do reads and i am not terrible confident in those, the only things I know for sure are:
Astra, Evi Crystal & Eviora are not the Cult leader
Astra: due to the claim of Hojo Teppei, there is the remote chance that he is the CL and claimed his first recruits role, but that strikes me as a ludicrously dangerous thing to do, since if the actual Hojo teppei would die, he would be exposed
Eviora: since she was Rika, so she can't be the cult leader (duh)
Evi Crystal: if she were the CL, why fake claim a role that she didn't Cult, so Crystal is also Mafia, no question there

i can share my reads on everyone else if you wish, but i have to actually bring my thoughts in order first before i do so, as it might be important

@Falirion My assessment that you're good at this just comes from what few experiences I've had playing with you. Agree or disagree as you like.

If you're telling the truth and actually mean to win, tell us - who are Miyo and the rest of the mafia members? If we eliminate Miyo and Jiro happens to be among the culted, a town win may still be possible. Or do you, as Irie, not even know who your teammates are?

huh.. that was easy 

Eliminate Crystal

I’m gonna be honest

I low-key suspect that most of you talking aren’t amongst town and just excepted that I’m gonna die/get culted. Like I’m pretty convinced that I’m the only one here. Maybe cause I’m not too much paying attention. I’ve never needed much to read things. 

The way I see it, we’re fucked.

Also what happens when you become insane again?

3 minutes ago, Eviora said:

@Falirion My assessment that you're good at this just comes from what few experiences I've had playing with you. Agree or disagree as you like.

If you're telling the truth and actually mean to win, tell us - who are Miyo and the rest of the mafia members? If we eliminate Miyo and Jiro happens to be among the culted, a town win may still be possible. Or do you, as Irie, not even know who your teammates are?

As the Role description states, i am not part of the mafia chat nor do i know which other players are part of the mafia, the relevant Excerpt:

On 3/28/2020 at 9:59 PM, Amine said:

Irie does not know any of the mafia and does not participate in their conversations.

7 minutes ago, Eviora said:

And you have no idea who any of them may be?

This seems too convenient. I think you may be Miyo. Aldo was just trying to protect you, after all.

i didn't say i didn't have any idea, i just pointed out that i have no 100% confirmed info
if you want my guesses on my partners i'd say:
aldo as he protected crystal with odd reasoning, and myself for some reason
Crystal should be obvious as all hell
and for the last... mimi? she seems pretty towny, but apparently she was sitting on a mafia read on me for 2 days

Edited by Falirion
"any" instead of "and"

1 hour ago, Falirion said:

i didn't say i didn't have any idea, i just pointed out that i have no 100% confirmed info
if you want my guesses on my partners i'd say:
aldo as he protected crystal with odd reasoning, and myself for some reason
Crystal should be obvious as all hell
and for the last... mimi? she seems pretty towny, but apparently she was sitting on a mafia read on me for 2 days

How many items do you have?

Don't mind it. You don't need to answer the question. I am not in the mood to put in much effort, so I'll go directly to the point.

Irie Kyousuke is my role, and I'll prove it. On my possession is a Queen Booster that I won by responding to a question, which you all can plainly seen upon reading back. I will use it on Eviora right now.