When The Cicadas Cry Mafia [Mafia Wins!]

Anime

3 hours ago, Amine said:

Rika and Hanyuu cant be culted, or switch roles with the cult leader, additionally Rika doesnt get the culted status if she switched with a cult member.

also it seems the phase post wasnt clear enough so let me clarify: insane people, in this case Mion and Rena (whom i remember stating they went insane) joined the cult (i thought this was a better outcome than them possibly killing off any other townies, because most of them were modkilled or died quite early)

Oryou was culted but she also died at the same night.

You mean to say that the Queen Booster would remove someone from the cult, and that I wasted it on Eviora?

Oh, someone died and was culted at once, yet were not reported as cult? In that case, cult may have one fewer member. But insanity led others to being culted? ...At this point I'm just confused about the rules of the game.

@Falirion The thing about lynching someone who may be cult and may be town is that only mafia has a good reason to do it. Cult obviously wouldn't want to lynch one of their own, and if they all are actually active and place votes, they don't even have to hide their identities at this point; we still wouldn't know which is the leader. If I vote with cult, which I fully intend to do unless you give me a good reason not to, then they're very likely to win. At this point, your best bet is to offer up a confirmed cult member from your own faction then hope you kill the cult leader at night. That's the only way your lynch is likely to go through.

...By the way, if Aldo is culted, does he still count as mafia for the mafia win condition?

Right...

So we’re screwed if we don’t choose to vote the cult member today.

This is a really strange situation that I guess I can’t win as town because it’s the battles of the cultist vs Mafia.

Unvote Crystal

Guess I’ll die from the lynches from Fali and Aldo... okay that’s dumb 

Isn’t there a mafia members who’s likely possibly to be culted we can lynch for?

There should be at least one

15 minutes ago, Anti-Loser said:

Right...

So we’re screwed if we don’t choose to vote the cult member today.

This is a really strange situation that I guess I can’t win as town because it’s the battles of the cultist vs Mafia.

Unvote Crystal

Guess I’ll die from the lynches from Fali and Aldo... okay that’s dumb 

Isn’t there a mafia members who’s likely possibly to be culted we can lynch for?

There should be at least one

... i wanted to take a step back from this game because i am not feeling all that well today, but i guess i will step in here, take it from me: I myself literally can't be culted, and the other 2 people in the mafia chat are still there, i asked amine, they would be removed form the mafia chat if they were culted, so none of them are, Aldo could be, but i don't believe so, if he is, then he is doing a great job of appearing non cult, but just as an olive branch, i have seen your claim, and i guess vanilla being uninterested in the game makes as much sense as anything that happend in this game, and i quite honestly don't have preference between you and seal, i am just pretty damn sure it's one of you 2, so here

[Unvote] Anti-Loser
[Eliminate] Seal

I think this is your best shot AL, so you might wanna help out here, or take eviora's view of things and vote me just out of spite
Now watch this be exactly like whoville, and me believing you is what wins cult the game
@Aldo since you are currently the only other Person to vote AL, pinging you to see this, this is my read on this, maybe you agree

As town, I can't aim at anyone I think might be the cult leader because if they die, mafia pretty much instantly win unless 2+ of them were culted. If there's a chance there are only 4 cult, we can risk lynching Falirion and bank on there being only 4 cult left, but if we do that we have to play perfectly. I'll say this for the last time. If you actually want a chance at your lynch going through, Fali, you need to shift your vote to someone who started as mafia but who you suspect is now cult. That is your only path.

4 minutes ago, Eviora said:

As town, I can't aim at anyone I think might be the cult leader because if they die, mafia pretty much instantly win unless 2+ of them were culted. If there's a chance there are only 4 cult, we can risk lynching Falirion and bank on there being only 4 cult left, but if we do that we have to play perfectly. I'll say this for the last time. If you actually want a chance at your lynch going through, Fali, you need to shift your vote to someone who started as mafia but who you suspect is now cult. That is your only path.

You are not town.

6 hours ago, Aldo said:

You mean to say that the Queen Booster would remove someone from the cult, and that I wasted it on Eviora?

no, the Booster only removes insanity, the person remains a cultist, if the person isnt insane itll just be wasted. I dont recall saying it removes anyone from a cult

also insanity leads them to join the cult yes. the original plan was for them to kill someone until they are cured but since so many people were modkilled..

Alright, I'm going to say that we HAVE to lynch a cultist if we want any chance of winning so I'm going list out who I think aren't cultist.

For Sure Not Cultist.

Eviora: She was Rika and Amine said Rika can't be culted. Also, I asked Amine if Rika can swap with a culted townie. He told me that if Rika ended up swapping with a culted person, then Rika would still swap with the culted person but no longer but culted.

Fali: I see no reason for him to lie about this. He's one of the two roles that can't be culted and he is the only role that would kill the cult leader if they ended up visiting him so it would be better for him not to reveal himself like this.

Whoever just became just Rika: OK. so we don't know who this is and whoever just got Rika, DON'T reveal yourself un less ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. I'm just stating this because we know Rika can't be culted.

The ones who are probably not culted

Evi Crystal and Drago: If Fali is telling the truth about mafia members being removed from the chat if they got culted, then these two are not culted. I see no reason for Fali to lie about this fact since if a mafia gets lynched this round, then the cult wins. Especially since once the cult is out of the picture, then mafia has a good chance of winning because none of them have been culted or died.

That just leaves the following for culted people: Tony, Mimi, Aldo, Valentine, Seal, Anti and me. At worst, 5/11 people have been culted and at best, 4/11 people have been culted since Evirora might have inadvertently saved someone from the cult when she was lynched. I'm going to assume worst case because that's how the game have been going. That means 4/7 people here have been culted, 1/7 is cult leader and 2/7 are still on the town side. I know I'm not culted (in fact, my channel has been empty for the entire game until I asked Amine the question if Rike can swap with a culted town), even if I can't prove it to you guys but please trust me that I'm one of the two that hasn't been culted. This means in my eyes, there is only one other town left. Out of everyone left, I have only guesses to who that last town might be with Tony, Anti and Seal being my guesses. Reasoning? 

Tony: He's my friend so that might be clouding my judgement but I'm not getting a suspicious feeling from him. Then again, I never played a game with a cult with him so that might be why.

Anti: His posts to me make me feel he's not a cultist because I feel like he would be more proactive but that could be him acting. 

Seal: Too inactive for me to think he's a cult leader so he is either the last townie or an already recruited cultist but who knows?

There's Aldo but however, I don't think him claiming Irie clears him from being in the cult because there no sure way to confirm him to be not culted. Irie is not part of the mafia chat so we can't clear him that way and I honestly don't think role claiming doesn't automatically clear someone from being culted because with 4/6(6 because 7 minus cult leader), the likelihood of a role being culted is more likely to be the case rather than not. In fact, as I'm writing this, it makes Aldo, Mimi, and Anti possibly more suspicious because they role claimed this phase. You guys could say the same for me and it's true that I could already be culted. The only thing I can say is I claimed day 1 and it's up to the remaining people that are not culted to decide for themselves if I'm not culted.

@Valentine Kaden and @Seal you guys haven't talked this phase so if one you are town, please talk. I would also ping Tony too but he has already been pinged so hopefully he comes in on time.

@Astra125 I'd like to point some things in your list out (before heading to bed....)

6 minutes ago, Astra125 said:

Eviora: She was Rika and Amine said Rika can't be culted. Also, I asked Amine if Rika can swap with a culted townie. He told me that if Rika ended up swapping with a culted person, then Rika would still swap with the culted person but no longer but culted.

Eviora can be culted and i am getting the strong feeling she is while she was immune for N0-N2 she was not immune in N3 as she passed her rika role to someone else on the lynch, she could have been culted last night

Aldo: i can't proof or disprove him being culted, but i can confirm his claim of Dr. Irie, Amine messed up at the start of the game and put all 4 mafia's into the mafia chat until this was pointed out, (i think aldo wasn't around when that happened), so i knew from the  start that Aldo was Irie

Seal: Seal is quite honestly always inactive, and only active just enough to not get modkilled, so that quite honestly doesn't mean anything

So what your saying Amine is that I could’ve joined this cult club at anytime once I activate my insanity.

Assuming the cultist has around like 4-5 peeps around, I think that’s actually my best play for me to win this game with the cultist if we can’t pinpoint the cultist this phase. The activation only works when the phase changes though. 

I’m putting a hold onto it for now but I’m considering I guess.

Seal you have something to say or you gonna play like Astra and sit quietly?

Helloo astraa, huhu sorry for being inactive (Stuck doing smth that cost my attention for days and is not related to this sorry)

I am honestly confused because I am not following the thread and is currently just doing bare minimum to avoid getting mod killed so

[Eliminate] Valentine as a placeholder and is subject to chane

I'm not certain whether I had a chance of being culted during the last night phase; I suppose you'd have to ask Amine. I'm assuming all night actions occur at once, but I don't know for sure. I also have no means of proving I'm not cult. I'm not 100% on Fali being Miyo, either - he could be one of the other two cult members aside from Irie and covering for Miyo. But I see no reason at all for Aldo to contradict Fali's claim of Irie (with proof) *unless* he's cult, and Fali is being strangely defensive of him. I wonder if my switch would have bounced if Fali was culted-mafia. It's possible they're both cult and trying to eliminate the last people they need to grasp a decisive victory. Out of all the possibilities, that makes the most sense to me based on everyone's actions.

1 hour ago, Valentine Kaden said:

Helloo astraa, huhu sorry for being inactive (Stuck doing smth that cost my attention for days and is not related to this sorry)

I am honestly confused because I am not following the thread and is currently just doing bare minimum to avoid getting mod killed so

[Eliminate] Valentine as a placeholder and is subject to chane

Could you tell us your role when you return? That is all we'd need to know if you're good or bad.

Sorry for being so late. As you can imagine in the current situation the world is in right now, school is a bit messy. A handfull of exams got in the way so I needed to put some extra time aside to study. I'll be done with them on friday so I'll try to be more active then if I'm still alive that is

Most of the players alive right now are candidates for being cult in my opinion. However, Fali sticks out to me. He could be culted, his role doesn't state otherwise. Fali has stated multiple times that me being fairly inactive doesn't mean anything yet he's still adamant about using this as a reason to vote on me. I think cult is trying to get the last remaining kills/converts needed to win and therefore [Eliminate] Fali

I'm going to sleep now but tomorrow I'll be able to make a post a few hours before the phase ends. I may change my vote depending on what happens.

9 minutes ago, Seal said:

Sorry for being so late. As you can imagine in the current situation the world is in right now, school is a bit messy. A handfull of exams got in the way so I needed to put some extra time aside to study. I'll be done with them on friday so I'll try to be more active then if I'm still alive that is

Most of the players alive right now are candidates for being cult in my opinion. However, Fali sticks out to me. He could be culted, his role doesn't state otherwise. Fali has stated multiple times that me being fairly inactive doesn't mean anything yet he's still adamant about using this as a reason to vote on me. I think cult is trying to get the last remaining kills/converts needed to win and therefore [Eliminate] Fali

I'm going to sleep now but tomorrow I'll be able to make a post a few hours before the phase ends. I may change my vote depending on what happens.

Falirion cannot be culted because of his role. The host says so.

Okay.

This is a loooooot of information to process at one time.

So I got the gist of everything so far so let me give my thoughts to everyone.....

Oh? I was mentioned. Funny.

6 hours ago, Eviora said:

I'm not certain whether I had a chance of being culted during the last night phase; I suppose you'd have to ask Amine. I'm assuming all night actions occur at once, but I don't know for sure. I also have no means of proving I'm not cult. I'm not 100% on Fali being Miyo, either - he could be one of the other two cult members aside from Irie and covering for Miyo. But I see no reason at all for Aldo to contradict Fali's claim of Irie (with proof) *unless* he's cult, and Fali is being strangely defensive of him. I wonder if my switch would have bounced if Fali was culted-mafia. It's possible they're both cult and trying to eliminate the last people they need to grasp a decisive victory. Out of all the possibilities, that makes the most sense to me based on everyone's actions.

"It makes the most sense to me....."

Evi, your speculations are becoming increasingly far fetched. The fact of the matter is, given the cult's presumed numbers, we must lynch a cultist and preferably the cult leader at that. I truly fail to see how any of Fali's actions can be interpreted as cult behavior. If you continue on this charade, it will most definitely lead to the cult winning. Unless that is what you want....

4 hours ago, Seal said:

I do believe both you and I can see this is utter nonsense. All this tells us is that, as the cult leader, you hastily threw a vote on the next easy target to stomp mafia and get your faction a win.

I had it confirmed, Evi's role switch was a result of day 3's lynch. And to quote Amine:

17 hours ago, Amine said:

additionally Rika doesnt get the culted status if she switched with a cult member.

Thus, it can almost be guaranteed that the cult leader recruited Evi during night 3. She was a non-culted role who was no longer Rika, so free real-estate.

The fact that she so adamantly pushes this lynch makes it clear she knows Fali is a non-culted mafia.

@mimi @Aldo @Anti-Loser @Astra125 @Valentine Kaden I implore you, if any of you are indeed not culted, vote Seal so we can end Oyashiro and his cult.

[Eliminate] Seal

29 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Last one for today~

Two fish are in a tank, one says to the other "how do you drive this thing?"

Oh I'm always up for a good joke~

So, a perfectionist walks into a bar..... apparently the bar wasn't set high enough.

I'll be looking forward to more puns for sure.

• Like 1