When The Cicadas Cry Mafia [Mafia Wins!]

Anime

Useless explanation: 

I’ve been playing Wizard 101 an unhealthy amount of time with the jackasses I call my buds. A pay to win card game that’s 13 year old now. I’m actually really loving it. 

Also Amine was giving an awful look in my channel since I wasn’t paying attention to the game. But I’m here now but Amine isn’t... I hope it wasn’t the flux of inactive players that lead Amine to leave cause I actually feel bad now.

Guys Ill be honest. I find Nicki's points very compelling, she proves multiple points that seem to be legitimate to me at least. I agree with her that it is hard to pin point who is good and who is bad but from what she is saying and because I need to come down in making a decision to who I need to eliminate. I would have to go with Evi, Only because I was genuinely convinced by Nicki argument.

I am not sure wether I should have a pressure vote on crystal, I would like to see how the game progresses before I can find a valid reason to accuse someone. but so far I am with Nicki on this one. No hard feelings Evi ❤️

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

30 minutes ago, TonyAbboud said:

Guys Ill be honest. I find Nicki's points very compelling, she proves multiple points that seem to be legitimate to me at least. I agree with her that it is hard to pin point who is good and who is bad but from what she is saying and because I need to come down in making a decision to who I need to eliminate. I would have to go with Evi, Only because I was genuinely convinced by Nicki argument.

I am not sure wether I should have a pressure vote on crystal, I would like to see how the game progresses before I can find a valid reason to accuse someone. but so far I am with Nicki on this one. No hard feelings Evi ❤️

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

The vote has to be in bold so that it wont be missed by mistake

Instead of voting for Evi, who I really would like to hear more off before I make my judgement, I am going to vote for someone who is mindlessly following them without putting in anything themselves.

[Vote] Eviora

Tomitake Jirou snatched what seemed to be the last Injection Booster from the Irie Clinic. '' at least there wont be more of this from what Takano has told me, might as well keep this for when i need it ''

On 4/7/2020 at 9:35 PM, mimi said:

yeah i agree. i was laughing at you and newt's posts and when i saw crystal's i was like “wait why” i guess that was a smart(?) tactic newt LOL

i think the phase is about to end, and since i haven't voted yet I'm gonna add one more pressure vote to crystal for her to defend herself since iirc she's the most who's got the most votes rn anyway

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

this is my first game with her,,, is she new too?

Yes, I'm new too. 2nd Mafia game 😗😗😗

The reason, why I vote Bean was to save my 🍑 from screwing up with voting Nicki, bc Newt was serious about that.

2 hours ago, Evi Crystal said:

Yes, I'm new too. 2nd Mafia game 😗😗😗

The reason, why I vote Bean was to save my 🍑 from screwing up with voting Nicki, bc Newt was serious about that.

I mean yes, we kinda figured that part out, but atleast you are honest about it, but so far i don't see a reason to unvote you. Maybe a roleclaim would be appropriate?

On 4/9/2020 at 9:47 AM, mimi said:

At first, it was just Aldo and Evi who have made a """placeholder""" bandwagon against Bean. After Newt, Nicki, and I voted Crystal, Seal came in just to place another vote on Bean.

As of that time, Crystal and Bean were in a tie. But then, she switched her vote from Nicki to Bean, saying that "a birdie told her bean did something suspicious." Pretty convenient to save herself from getting lynched, right? But the thing is, when Bean was lynched, he turned out to be a vanilla villager. What's this "birdie," and what is that something suspicious that Bean did, @Evi Crystal? Would you please explain to us?

Before the day ended, Aldo lowkey defended Crystal. He didn't say it was suspicious (but it was screaming scum in my eyes), but he let the Beanwagon go by! Hey, not to mention it was Aldo himself who was the first to vote Bean, even though it was just merely a """placeholder,""" but why didn't he change it? I feel like the votes on Bean were planned, and Aldo, Evi, and Seal are mafia laying low.

A placeholder is a placeholder. You're correct, I didn't say it was suspicious. For I didn't think that vote following Newt was suspicious

On 4/7/2020 at 10:06 PM, Aldo said:

Well I think there are two things wrong with your supposition about Crystal "falling" for Newt's "bait."

• She could have added a vote on the various previous votes
  • That was not a bait.

My placeholder on Bean with Eviora's follow-up began before Newt's vote. That being the first point. Assuming Evi Crystal was mafia, why wouldn't she vote Bean from the beginning? That in itself was odd to me, for a mafia to do so. Thus, I did not think I should change my vote. If you look closely, you'll notice that I defended Evi Crystal from following Newt's vote, not from the sudden change to Bean.

19 hours ago, cicada said:

I'm not sure if I fully agree with that. Newt's a random player for sure, but I'm feeling more and more confident that he was trying to bait someone. It was a more subtle way of doing it, but you could tell by our interactions that he was not voting me because he found me suspicious.

Like others mentioned before, it seemed that Crystal's explanation for voting me was not super convincing, and I was the only person to be referred to as a "criminal", and even if she did actually intend to vote for Bean, her explanation for voting me does not add up with her words before casting the vote.

Even so, adding what you said just now, it could be merely just a joke vote. We can simply ask @Newt to clarify if we'll keep going in circles. Furthermore, Evi Crystal hasn't put forth her own thoughts yet in this game, so it wouldn't be farfetched of me to assume she'd have thought Newt had substance to make that vote.

18 hours ago, Falirion said:

That being said Crystals behaviour strikes me more as mafia, than cult as i don't see the cult gaining anything from pushing a specific lynch

While mafia certainly can specifically pursue Furude Rika, I don't think that would still reason them to push specific lunches considering there's fortunately no way for them to discover a player's role.  What made you think so?

15 hours ago, Seal said:

Damnit I knew something like this would happen. When Evi Crystal voted on Nicki I thought it was Eviora making a joke since there wasn't really a reasoning behind it. I should've done this in the previous phase.

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

Could you further elaborate? How did you know it was happening?

3 hours ago, Falirion said:

I mean yes, we kinda figured that part out, but atleast you are honest about it, but so far i don't see a reason to unvote you. Maybe a roleclaim would be appropriate?

Second.

[Eliminate] Eviora

There's quite a bit of followers around.

19 minutes ago, Aldo said:

A placeholder is a placeholder. You're correct, I didn't say it was suspicious. For I didn't think that vote following Newt was suspicious

My placeholder on Bean with Eviora's follow-up began before Newt's vote. That being the first point. Assuming Evi Crystal was mafia, why wouldn't she vote Bean from the beginning? That in itself was odd to me, for a mafia to do so. Thus, I did not think I should change my vote. If you look closely, you'll notice that I defended Evi Crystal from following Newt's vote, not from the sudden change to Bean.

Even so, adding what you said just now, it could be merely just a joke vote. We can simply ask @Newt to clarify if we'll keep going in circles. Furthermore, Evi Crystal hasn't put forth her own thoughts yet in this game, so it wouldn't be farfetched of me to assume she'd have thought Newt had substance to make that vote.

While mafia certainly can specifically pursue Furude Rika, I don't think that would still reason them to push specific lunches considering there's fortunately no way for them to discover a player's role.  What made you think so?

Could you further elaborate? How did you know it was happening?

Okay I'm Kasai. I though Newt voting Nicki would help us catch mafia or something suspicious

• Global Mods

Well, that’s certainly a twist if I ever saw one. Unfortunately, Amine has already stated that we’d know if someone has been culted if they die and just a mere claim isn’t really enough for that, considering I’d assume it only changes their alignment and not really their name (besides removing their ability).

[unvote] Evi Crystal. It took you a long time to get to this point, which makes me suspect you a bit, but this is enough to make me unvote you for the time being.

This is a bit weird considering only mafia, so far, have won the boosters (excluding the time we knew that Fali earned it), perhaps for their own needs, who knows?

We already have some votes on Evi and I’m not sure if I get a scum vibe from her, so I’ll just, hopefully, pressure vote someone else.

[eliminate] Walpurgis. 👀

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

Just to note it, Newt died during the last night phase, so there is no asking him (Amine seems to have forgotten to cross him of the player list, but still announced his death

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

The Cult wouldn't push any Lynch unless it is to save one of their own imo (and even that maybe only to save their cult leader), while mafia may have any number of reasons to push specific Lynches, in this scenario maybe they had an idea of Nicki's role and wanted to take the opportunity to have her removed, maybe they just wanted to see what she flips as and took what looked like an opportunity , we can theorize a lot but know nothing. Granted if Evi's action was a mafia action, then it was clumsy (which wouldn't be unbelievable from a new player)

1 hour ago, Evi Crystal said:

Okay I'm Kasai. I though Newt voting Nicki would help us catch mafia or something suspicious

Hmmm okay then, i guess i will believe that for now
[Unvote] Evi Crystal

Sooo i think to have pressure on a Vote it needs to threaten a lynch, and since crystal obviously has a decent amount of votes, a pressure vote needs well more votes to actually apply pressure:
[Eliminate] Eviora
Her behaviour has been rather sheepish this game, only jumping on whichever wagon pressented itself, i want to hear your own reads if you don't mind

Edited by Falirion
Me being bad at grammer ("wouldn't not")

Oh, the tide is turning against me now, huh? Well, that's just fine. The reason I haven't been saying very much is because I've been quite preoccupied with other things recently and haven't really been focusing on such a confusing game. But I must admit, being threatened like this increases my interest. So I have only one thing to say.

Townies, lynch me if you dare. If you do, I will take it extremely personally. I have a trick up my sleeve, and if you make a mistake and activate my "trap card" I will raze your little village to the ground.

51 minutes ago, Falirion said:

The Cult wouldn't push any Lynch unless it is to save one of their own imo (and even that maybe only to save their cult leader), while mafia may have any number of reasons to push specific Lynches, in this scenario maybe they had an idea of Nicki's role and wanted to take the opportunity to have her removed, maybe they just wanted to see what she flips as and took what looked like an opportunity , we can theorize a lot but know nothing.

That however poses as a problem as well. Mafia has the ability to night kill, whereas the cult does not. It doesn't bode well for the mafia to push a specific lynch if it also brings attention to themselves considering they have the ability to kill such targets without the cons. I agree about the cult not pushing specific lunches.

11 hours ago, TonyAbboud said:

[Eliminate] Evi Crystal

If you had to say whether Falirion is good or bad, which would it be and why?

7 minutes ago, Eviora said:

Oh, the tide is turning against me now, huh? Well, that's just fine. The reason I haven't been saying very much is because I've been quite preoccupied with other things recently and haven't really been focusing on such a confusing game. But I must admit, being threatened like this increases my interest. So I have only one thing to say.

Townies, lynch me if you dare. If you do, I will take it extremely personally. I have a trick up my sleeve, and if you make a mistake and activate my "trap card" I will raze your little village to the ground.

Please don't do that.

[Eliminate] mimi

1 hour ago, Eviora said:

Hmm. Well that only indicative of one character's ability that I could see so I'm not scared. I'm willing to roll the dice and it might let me do something other than just be a suspect. In reality though, if Eviora is Jiro, then we can lynch her this phase as a last resort kinda of thing cause Jiro only has an ability upon death. If she's not, then we can leave her alone then unless she's the cult leader, which I doubt with a bold claim like this. However, we don't really know who Eviora is so it's up to our discretion if we want to lynch her. 

Also, I just realized this. There was only one death. This means that either our insane person attacked Newt with the mafia, the insane person got healed or insanity works differently than we initially thought. Considering there was a separate post for when an insane person attacks, I want to say insanity works differently than we initially thought but this is just based on what I'm feeling and not any substantial evidence.

And to pressure more people this phase to try to get more info, Eliminate Mimi. I'm being lazy and just decided to vote the first person I saw with a vote that's not Eviora or Evi Crystal

5 hours ago, Aldo said:

I thought perhaps that this placeholder bandwagon against Bean was a lowkey elaborate scheme by the mafia.

I can tell that Newt's vote against Nicki was a joke. Also, I was thinking Newt being the night kill puts Crystal in a different light. If the mafia's intention was to make her look more scum by killing Newt for voting her, it makes me think that she leans more towards innocent, hence my last statement in my previous post.

5 hours ago, Evi Crystal said:

I'll believe you for now. I still don't know who's the birdie you were talking about, though. [Unvote] Evi Crystal

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

I'm not Tony, but I feel like Fali is not really bad, you know? Just a gut feeling, though.

47 minutes ago, Astra125 said:

Hmm. Well that only indicative of one character's ability that I could see so I'm not scared. I'm willing to roll the dice and it might let me do something other than just be a suspect. In reality though, if Eviora is Jiro, then we can lynch her this phase as a last resort kinda of thing cause Jiro only has an ability upon death. If she's not, then we can leave her alone then unless she's the cult leader, which I doubt with a bold claim like this. However, we don't really know who Eviora is so it's up to our discretion if we want to lynch her. 

That's what I was thinking. Eviora might be Jiro, as she will "raze our little village to the ground," meaning her "trap card" or ability-- which is to make a random person insane-- would activate. Though, I have a feeling she might be cult leader, too. I think there's a fair amount of culted people as of now, and if the leader dies, they would all die too (?) or maybe go insane since it's Oyashiro-sama (???)

This kind of makes me want to vote her more now, so I will. [Eliminate] Eviora

Also, I just realized this. There was only one death. This means that either our insane person attacked Newt with the mafia, the insane person got healed or insanity works differently than we initially thought. Considering there was a separate post for when an insane person attacks, I want to say insanity works differently than we initially thought but this is just based on what I'm feeling and not any substantial evidence.

That might be a possibility. Or, maybe nobody was insane as of last night, which is why there was no kill even up until now. We can freely ask Amine for clarification, since I've been asking him myself in my private channel, but there might also be some classified information that are hidden mechanics he can't share.

And to pressure more people this phase to try to get more info, Eliminate Mimi. I'm being lazy and just decided to vote the first person I saw with a vote that's not Eviora or Evi Crystal

I would OMGUS, but it's not like I can vote two people at once xd. I wanted to say something, but it might be too early for that. Or not. I'm not sure.

it's almost 3am and i'm still a little drowsy after waking up an hour ago after reading the posts. i feel like somewhere in this post might not make sense so i'm sorry for that in advance

5 hours ago, Eviora said:

The fuck is this?! Well this does not make me inclined to look for scum somewhere else, in fact i think i see a jiro tomitake softclaim in that, which is....  a wierd thing to do?
Either way this seems wholy uncooperative and even dangerous, so yeah my pressure vote is now officially a lynch vote.

Speaking of Votes, what are these votes against Mimi exactly? i see absolutely no reason for those, Mimi is tied with Nicki my strongest townread by far (well there is also astra basically confirmed town due to the uncontested claim, but with a cult in the game that doesn't need to still be the case)

9 hours ago, Aldo said:

That however poses as a problem as well. Mafia has the ability to night kill, whereas the cult does not. It doesn't bode well for the mafia to push a specific lynch if it also brings attention to themselves considering they have the ability to kill such targets without the cons. I agree about the cult not pushing specific lunches.

Okay Aldo, I am actually happy seeing how things turned out to be. For now, I want to believe Evi and actually want to take my elimination out of her name and vote Mimi to be eliminated only because Astra, did prove a valid point.

7 hours ago, Astra125 said:

I agree that the first person who did not vote for Eviora or Evi Crystal is a little suspicious. He may be on to something. I would have just kept quiet but If I had to pick I would either go with majority or vote myself but that just my way of playing could interpret this completely wrong. 

Ill be honest with you Aldo, I do not know Falirion play style he could be deceiving us all, but as a new player I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, He seems genuine and I want to believe him. I am praying that he is on the good side.

As for Mimi, I am voting her because I agree with what Astra says. If I really had to pick someone other than Mimi it would be me but I am really enjoying this game and I want to stay alive. I will do you guys no harm I promise.

[Eliminate] Mimi

1 hour ago, Eviora said:

You don't like it? Then go right ahead and lynch me. But... are you sure you aren't missing some possibilities?

Does that mean that... maybe there isn't really a trap card and you're just a vanilla townie? 

or idk

35 minutes ago, TonyAbboud said:

For now, I want to believe Evi and actually want to take my elimination out of her name and vote Mimi to be eliminated only because Astra, did prove a valid point.

what

35 minutes ago, TonyAbboud said:

I agree that the first person who did not vote for Eviora or Evi Crystal is a little suspicious. He may be on to something. I would have just kept quiet but If I had to pick I would either go with majority or vote myself but that just my way of playing could interpret this completely wrong.

who's the first person you were referring to?

32 minutes ago, TonyAbboud said:

As for Mimi, I am voting her because I agree with what Astra says. If I really had to pick someone other than Mimi it would be me but I am really enjoying this game and I want to stay alive. I will do you guys no harm I promise.

Uh Tony. You misunderstood me. I voted Mimi cause I saw her name first as someone who already has a vote besides Eviora and Evi Crystal. This was meant to be a pressure vote and nothing more. From what Mimi responded with, I think she is clear for now. Also, I have little to no idea of what I'm doing so don't follow me so much. I wonder if you have any theories of your own cause I just see you agreeing with everyone else for the most part.

As from what I can understand of Eviora, she probably has an ability that can active upon death. However, she is being really shady so it's hard to see if what other thing I think she is hinting towards is right or if I'm just overthinking it. I'm just going to vote Eviora unless something else comes up cause I think I have too little info to be able to make any guesses right now.

Unvote Mimi

Eliminate Eviora