V13 Discussion Thread

Jan

The more time you've got to make this game, the better the game will be. Even if it takes a year, it is better to wait that to rush things, though i know the final result will be awesome, take your time, and know we'll all enjoy the effort you guys put in this game ^-^

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gastronely said:

The more time you've got to make this game, the better the game will be. Even if it takes a year, it is better to wait that to rush things, though i know the final result will be awesome, take your time, and know we'll all enjoy the effort you guys put in this game ^-^

i'm with you there longer it takes the better lets hope all is well for jan and his team as well for us fans 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Good news -- Generation 8 main dex sprites are complete! This means all the new mons and the galarian forms have both their front and backsprites finished and are ready for usage. The only thing that's left right now are the Gmax sprites, but these have significantly less priority than the other sprites did. Essentials is a little bit fucky in that it sometimes crashes the game if mons don't have proper sprites (not always, for whatever fucking reason sdhfjskdgfsdbhjsdfksf GOD), so having all the sprites for the base forms available should make testing all the mons a sligthly less crash-y experience! helllllllll yea.

anyways have some sprites! here's uhhhhhhhhhh

horf? horf. two whole horf.

front sprites were originally done by conyjams on deviantart, and were cleaned up and had their backsprites made by me!

Hide contents

A6Y0qQp.png ZHAquMa.png

qSUNDhN.pngUc0aTCQ.png

I have a problem here thinking for Galarian Darmanitan. It's about Darmanitan Crest. I have already asked if it works on it too. If it doesn't, that's incredibly unfair to me.

• Veterans
6 minutes ago, RoyChaos said:

I have a problem here thinking for Galarian Darmanitan. It's about Darmanitan Crest. I have already asked if it works on it too. If it doesn't, that's incredibly unfair to me.

Sorry, but nope! It doesn't work on Galar Darm. The mon is already broken enough as is, it doesn't need another buff in the form of a crest.

• Veterans
13 minutes ago, espeon860 said:

wait gmax the fudge thought there be no dynamax?

4 minutes ago, Delta3416 said:

I heard a theory that Gigantamax would be implemented as custom megas.

No dynamax, but it's true that Gmax mons are being implemented as custom megas -- Jan confirmed this a while back on his tumblr. We're still working out the details for them, but we'll do our utmost to make them similarly balanced like the canon megas!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Zumi said:

No dynamax, but it's true that Gmax mons are being implemented as custom megas. We're still working out the details for them, but we'll do our utmost to make them fair and balanced!

oh that interesting thanks and also it be interesting how gmax mons work as mega can't wait to see how they work.

51 minutes ago, Zumi said:

Sorry, but nope! It doesn't work on Galar Darm. The mon is already broken enough as is, it doesn't need another buff in the form of a crest.

You're right. Now I realize that Crests are only the purpose of making weaker pokemon stronger. (Changing their position of their potential)

Edited by RoyChaos

4 hours ago, Zumi said:

Good news -- Generation 8 main dex sprites are complete! This means all the new mons and the galarian forms have both their front and backsprites finished and are ready for usage. The only thing that's left right now are the Gmax sprites, but these have significantly less priority than the other sprites did. Essentials is a little bit fucky in that it sometimes crashes the game if mons don't have proper sprites (not always, for whatever fucking reason sdhfjskdgfsdbhjsdfksf GOD), so having all the sprites for the base forms available should make testing all the mons a sligthly less crash-y experience! helllllllll yea.

anyways have some sprites! here's uhhhhhhhhhh

horf? horf. two whole horf.

front sprites were originally done by conyjams on deviantart, and were cleaned up and had their backsprites made by me!

Reveal hidden contents

A6Y0qQp.png ZHAquMa.png

qSUNDhN.pngUc0aTCQ.png

so with the gen 8 dex finished that begs the question, are you guys doing the custom shinies for them or or are you going to let us make them?

8 hours ago, Zumi said:

No dynamax, but it's true that Gmax mons are being implemented as custom megas -- Jan confirmed this a while back on his tumblr. We're still working out the details for them, but we'll do our utmost to make them similarly balanced like the canon megas!

Yoooo I was really hoping on this one I'm so happy!! I'm now excited to see on how stat distribution (if only hp will be boosted or all other stats) and gmax moves will be implemented. From the sounds of it, I initially thought it would be quite tricky to code but I guess Rejuv find will always find a way 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WSGreen said:

so with the gen 8 dex finished that begs the question, are you guys doing the custom shinies for them or or are you going to let us make them?

Wait, is that a thing, letting the fans make the shiny sprites? That would be really fun.

30 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

Yoooo I was really hoping on this one I'm so happy!! I'm now excited to see on how stat distribution (if only hp will be boosted or all other stats) and gmax moves will be implemented. From the sounds of it, I initially thought it would be quite tricky to code but I guess Rejuv find will always find a way 

I think it would work the same as the Rift forms, so they should be used to it. But I'm also interested in how, or even if, Gmax moves will be introduced for them in some form.

Edited by Edo

• Veterans
10 hours ago, WSGreen said:

The shinies are being made by the devs, so unfortunately there won't be a community effort to make the shinies for gen 8 this time around. While it's true that the previous gen shinies were a community driven project, we hope to save time with this.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Draconis said:

Hey, I have an idea on how to implement G-maxing! Maybe you could use the Dynamax Candies. Like, you could use them on certain Pokemon, and once you give them enough, they'll be able to G-max!

I think it's better if it just works like mega evolution

On 3/20/2020 at 6:13 AM, Maqqy said:

Yoooo I was really hoping on this one I'm so happy!! I'm now excited to see on how stat distribution (if only hp will be boosted or all other stats) and gmax moves will be implemented. From the sounds of it, I initially thought it would be quite tricky to code but I guess Rejuv find will always find a way 😁

Yeah, but in Sword and Shield, when Gigantamaxed, it only gains Hp stats and Abilities remains the same. However they had Dmax moves and exclusive Gmax moves. These stats changes are unconfirmed for a moment in Rejuvenation. It will happen again like before.

Edited by RoyChaos

The online mode will be real challenging and fun if developers think of adding these. But keeping the debuggers or hackers from participating in those. I have been playing ultra sun online for some time now. And i am convinced about it.

Also the 3d aspect will be charming too 

On 3/20/2020 at 12:45 PM, Draconis said:

Hey, I have an idea on how to implement G-maxing! Maybe you could use the Dynamax Candies. Like, you could use them on certain Pokemon, and once you give them enough, they'll be able to G-max!

I could see that creating a few potential issues. For example, what to do about pokemon that can G-max and Mega Evolve like the Kanto starters and Gengar? What about if these pokemon hold a Z-Crystal? How would that work?

2 hours ago, Michael_ said:

I could see that creating a few potential issues. For example, what to do about pokemon that can G-max and Mega Evolve like the Kanto starters and Gengar? What about if these pokemon hold a Z-Crystal? How would that work?

Oh, good point. Ok, how about we use Wishing Stars as a held item? That could work around those issues, right?

58 minutes ago, Draconis said:

Oh, good point. Ok, how about we use Wishing Stars as a held item? That could work around those issues, right?

It only needs Dynamax Band as a key item, and in order to Gigantamax a pokemon, it must have Gigantamax factor. I hope this might be helpful or not. But I have never seen any pokemon obtaining Gigantamax factor, so we need to see it later when Isle of Armor is released. However, I can't determine which one is required to access Gigantamax in V13. That's the part I hate it, currently. 😠

Edited by RoyChaos

13 hours ago, Zumi said:

Y'all thinking too hard about it LOL, the items mons need to hold for it are gonna function in a similar way like a mega stone.

Does it include Galar starters on Gigantamax, too? If not, I prefer choosing maybe Cyndaquil or Chimchar for later things like crests. If it was a stupid question, then I'm stupid too. <:(