TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

Ttar: We're so in sync! Aya is the best partner!
Me:  *thinks about the shiny Graveler in my first encounter with Aya which she instantly one shot.* XD

Really though, she is one of the bulkiest partners in the game. 

The way he complains about needing a water type and fails to catch a Lumineon with Charlotte as his next Gym battle is poetic irony even though with the super heated field ground is more effective against her.

Edited by Verge Of Chaos

What's driving me insane is the fact he constantly complains that he wants/needs certain Pokémon, but always fails to stock up on Pokéballs.....

Nuzlocke or not, i would never forget to bring Pokéballs with me. Watching him constantly neglecting to buy Pokéballs whenever he he just casually walks past a PokéMart (or any other place that sells Pokéballs) is borderline torture for me XD

11 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

What's driving me insane is the fact he constantly complains that he wants/needs certain Pokémon, but always fails to stock up on Pokéballs.....

Nuzlocke or not, i would never forget to bring Pokéballs with me. Watching him constantly neglecting to buy Pokéballs whenever he he just casually walks past a PokéMart (or any other place that sells Pokéballs) is borderline torture for me XD

i cant believe he had the audacity to say that all those encounters don't count, of course they should count. its his own fault for ignoring every other vendor.

He wont come close to losing to Charlotte since half his team can learn rain dance

He still needs to make it past Aster and Eclipse before he can even get close to Charlotte's gym, and we all know that in this battle each of them has 5 Pokémon that can wreck players who go in as careless as he does.

The moment you go past the point of no return that is where the fun starts XD And TTar is just at the beginning of all the fun ahead. Who knows.....we might get to see him rage and scream enough to go from Mr. Satan/Hercule to Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta in an instant, skipping every other level of Super Saiyan in the process 🤣

On 1/15/2020 at 12:28 AM, ShogokiX said:

Same. I never go anywhere without Pokeballs. 
Hell, when I start a game for the first time, I avoid most encounters pre-Pokedex/first handful of Pokeballs. 

On 1/15/2020 at 11:36 AM, LeoYT said:

i cant believe he had the audacity to say that all those encounters don't count, of course they should count. its his own fault for ignoring every other vendor.

I agree, since his going through route 3 without Pokeballs WAS NOT a scripted situation but rather just his own negligence, those encounters should have counted. 
Lots of commeneters have also pointed out the bunch of high price selling items he has which he's also ignoring as he complains about having no money. 

On 1/15/2020 at 11:36 AM, LeoYT said:

He wont come close to losing to Charlotte since half his team can learn rain dance

You're assuming he'll think of that and he literally called the Rain Dance TM useless when he got it. 
I feel his current team is gonna have quite a bit of trouble with Charlotte. Half of it is Grass, Ice and Steel. 

Edited by Devilish

3 minutes ago, Verge Of Chaos said:

You're assuming he'll think of that and he literally called the Rain Dance TM useless when he got it. 
I feel his current team is gonna have quite a bit of trouble with Charlotte. Half of it is Grass, Ice and Steel. 

Ame tells you to use rain dance and you know he'll do anything to impress best girl

1 minute ago, LeoYT said:

Ame tells you to use rain dance and you know he'll do anything to impress best girl

Speaking of Ame, I know this is getting quite a bit ahead but he's gonna have the ultimate freak out when Lin kills her. 
I'm still processing that myself. Now who's gonna get Laura's Elite 4 position back?! 

• Upvote 1

If a game's story is able to change your opinion of a character as the story progresses, that just goes to show how much effort the creators put into the story and the characters.

But to be honest, there is one character with little to zero growth at all, and that's Fern. Except for if you count players starting from "hmm....that guy is rude....i don't like him...." going to "god, i hate this guy! let me kill him already!" as character growth XD

• Global Mods
33 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

If a game's story is able to change your opinion of a character as the story progresses, that just goes to show how much effort the creators put into the story and the characters.

But to be honest, there is one character with little to zero growth at all, and that's Fern. Except for if you count players starting from "hmm....that guy is rude....i don't like him...." going to "god, i hate this guy! let me kill him already!" as character growth XD

Well, there is the fact that the miss direction prophecy suggests that If you weren't around to repeatedly beat him and trigger his inferiority complex, He'd actually be one of the people fighting against team meteor and helping the region.

Anyway I'm betting that Charlotte will wipe him at least once.

9 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

Well, there is the fact that the miss direction prophecy suggests that If you weren't around to repeatedly beat him and trigger his inferiority complex, He'd actually be one of the people fighting against team meteor and helping the region.

Fern? Helping the region? That guy can't even help himself, how's he supposed to help others?

I mean, there are other characters with inferiority complex in the game, like Shelly, who also got her share of mental scars. Abandoned by her own brother, ignored by her family, she got hurt by Cal, and she feels guilty for what happened to Heather. She's a nervous wreck that barely even dares to speak up, but she tries hard to change and overcome her past. She's only 12 and is stronger than Fern in many ways, even though Fern also bullied her when he fought against her for his own attempt to collect badges.

Sorry, but i can't take Fern serious at all. Prophecy or not, if Fern were to ever battle against Team Meteor in a similar way to the player, he'd get beaten in seconds flat, he'd keel over and cry like Shelly did when he beat her. I can see Cain, or even Victoria being the one to stand against Team Meteor, if the player was not there, but not Fern. That guy is too busy projecting his self-loathing on everyone else.

Jokes aside though, i'm really curious to see how TTar will handle the situation. I also think that Charlotte might stomp him flat with his current team, but we also thought that he'd get done in by Shelly or Shade....and he survived both XD

I'm not sure whether he'd actually use Rain Dance or not, because he already declared that TM as useless. And his head has been in the clouds lately (well....even more than usual). He complains about not getting water type Pokémon, fails to bring Pokéballs, claims that encounters don't count because he's got no balls to capture them, and when he finally finds water type Pokémon he doesn't want them.

Sure, it's his Let's Play, and he can play as he likes, but why did he bother to set up rules if he doesn't play by them?

13 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

Sorry, but i can't take Fern serious at all. Prophecy or not, if Fern were to ever battle against Team Meteor in a similar way to the player, he'd get beaten in seconds flat, he'd keel over and cry like Shelly did when he beat her. I can see Cain, or even Victoria being the one to stand against Team Meteor, if the player was not there, but not Fern. That guy is too busy projecting his self-loathing on everyone else.

I concur. 
The player didn't give Fern his inferiority complex, he gave it to himself. If the Player hadn't been around for him to target he just would have found someone else to project onto. 

I'm not sure whether he'd actually use Rain Dance or not, because he already declared that TM as useless.

Exactly what I was saying and although Ame might recommend Rain Dance, he didn't listen to her information regarding Samson.

And his head has been in the clouds lately (well....even more than usual). He complains about not getting water type Pokémon, fails to bring Pokéballs, claims that encounters don't count because he's got no balls to capture them, and when he finally finds water type Pokémon he doesn't want them.

I must say, this has been the most ridiculously careless behavior I've seen from him. It's almost as though he's creating reasons to complain just to complain. 

1 hour ago, Devilish said:

I must say, this has been the most ridiculously careless behavior I've seen from him.

Although he has been careless from the start in some ways......like not training his Pokémon properly, declaring good Mons he caught as useless....and still making it up to Solaris in Nuzlocke mode. And with only losing 3 Pokémon that were not intentionally sacrificed. I recently watched all of that again and i came to the conclusion that he would not have lost even a single Pokémon, not even those he intentionally sacrificed, if he had just traines his team properly from the beginning. But it seems he's really fast to declare Pokémon, moves and items he doesn't like as useless....

1 hour ago, Devilish said:

It's almost as though he's creating reasons to complain just to complain. 

At least he's still funny while doing that.

I think the most fun i'm having in this thread is the constant barrage of "oooooooooh he'll lose THIS fight" or "oh but THAT one" and the subsequent proving wrong that happens when he gets them in first or second try. Dont get me wrong, ttar IS careless to a fault, but i just feel it's a little weird that it seems like people just constantly want him to fail, crash and burn 😛

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arcinblade3 said:

I think the most fun i'm having in this thread is the constant barrage of "oooooooooh he'll lose THIS fight" or "oh but THAT one" and the subsequent proving wrong that happens when he gets them in first or second try. Dont get me wrong, ttar IS careless to a fault, but i just feel it's a little weird that it seems like people just constantly want him to fail, crash and burn 😛

Isn't that the whole reason why one would watch a Nuzlocke? To see whether the guy makes it or crashes and burns on the way.....

23 hours ago, ShogokiX said:

I recently watched all of that again and i came to the conclusion that he would not have lost even a single Pokémon, not even those he intentionally sacrificed, if he had just traines his team properly from the beginning.

Strategized better as well. 

Example; had he used Espurr/Meowstic fake out and Ampharos wipe out against Shelly that I believe you had given me, Tiki probably would have survived that battle and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd still be around now. I even pointed this out in that episode's comments. 

Even the Nuzlocke rules would have allowed it as he hadn't gotten his Aqua hideout encounter at that point. He had two chances to get a Fake Out Pokemon in that ally as Alolan Meowth also comes with it. 

Then we had that stupid stat battle with Kiki's Hitmonlee which cost him Belly. 

I'll admit it's all the more fun to watch him go into these battle ill prepared and The Peeko cheat win for him but he's a bit of a hypocrite to complain when he's making it difficult on himself. 

12 hours ago, Arcinblade3 said:

Dont get me wrong, ttar IS careless to a fault, but i just feel it's a little weird that it seems like people just constantly want him to fail, crash and burn 😛

There is a significant difference between wanting him to fail and stating factually that it's a possibility or likelihood due to his circumstances. 
That aside, that said possibility of failing even exists and watching the player struggle against it is the point of a Nuzlocke is it not?

Edited by Devilish