TyranitarTube's Pokemon Reborn Playthrough

nepeta100

13 hours ago, BurntCornNuts said:

He also needs to update his game 

I noticed that multi attack didn’t have its animation for it so he’s still playing on the old version of ep 18 

Perhaps THAT's what crashed his game NOT the mods. 
Admittedly, I use mods as well but have never experienced a crash (well other than the crash that sometimes occurs when I keep the game backgrounded for long enough and that was going on before I started using mods as well). 

Edited by Devilish

5 minutes ago, Devilish said:

Perhaps THAT's what crashed his game NOT the mods. 
Admittedly, I use mods as well but have never experienced a crash (well other than the crash that sometimes occurs when I keep the game backgrounded for long enough). 

Yeah the game has crashed on me a few times but that’s mainly the main reason for a crash in my experience 

also the script taking too long during WT crashed my game once or twice

yooo imagine thamill using wonder trade and getting something godlike like a larvesta and sacking it to keep wonja 

yooo imagine thamill using wonder trade and getting something godlike like a larvesta and sacking it to keep wonja 

Does he even know that he can wonder trade with this game?

It's ironic. There was a point at which there was a popular demand for Wanja, even I tried to coax him to use it for Kiki because KingOfHearts was my Kiki broom but now that's he's misusing her, her popularity is instantly gone. 

5 minutes ago, Devilish said:

Does he even know that he can wonder trade with this game?

It's ironic. There was a point at which there was a popular demand for Wanja, even I tried to coax him to use it for Kiki because KingOfHearts was my Kiki broom but now that's he's misusing her, her popularity is instantly gone. 

The popularity is only gone because he doesn’t know anything about friendship evos 

that woobat was like level 5 when he finally got it it should’ve evolved by now by sheer force of leveling up gives friendship 

The popularity is only gone because he doesn’t know anything about friendship evos 

that woobat was like level 5 when he finally got it it should’ve evolved by now by sheer force of leveling up gives friendship 

The problem might also be how many times he let it faint. That subtracts friendship. 

• Global Mods

Gotta admit, the crash was my fault. Tried to make a funny little change for him but didn't account for an extra reference in the actual map file (which I can't edit with my limited methods)

It's fixed now and was also a good excuse for him to get updated to E18.2 which is a plus.

As for the friendship evolutions, from what I can tell that's not the fault of a mod or anything, it's actually a bug (or possibly design decision) in Reborn itself
Pokemon don't gain the friendship they're supposed to from levelling up if it's in battle and they aren't the active pokemon. This applies to both switch training and vanilla or modded xp share. Wonja is actually what caused me to test/report it.

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Gotta admit, the crash was my fault. Tried to make a funny little change for him but didn't account for an extra reference in the actual map file (which I can't edit with my limited methods)

It's fixed now and was also a good excuse for him to get updated to E18.2 which is a plus.

As for the friendship evolutions, from what I can tell that's not the fault of a mod or anything, it's actually a bug (or possibly design decision) in Reborn itself
Pokemon don't gain the friendship they're supposed to from levelling up if it's in battle and they aren't the active pokemon. This applies to both switch training and vanilla or modded xp share. Wonja is actually what caused me to test/report it.

Did you also tell him where Indra is? He's gonna need the money and the shards since I don't think he has enough still to buy ditto from 7th street 

• Global Mods
26 minutes ago, BurntCornNuts said:

Did you also tell him where Indra is? He's gonna need the money and the shards since I don't think he has enough still to buy ditto from 7th street 

Yes, Indra has now been specifically screenshotted and given a red circle since I didn't realise he was apparently hard to find

59 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

Yes, Indra has now been specifically screenshotted and given a red circle since I didn't realise he was apparently hard to find

I'm not surprised he can't find Indra since he doesn't read field effects carefully. 

Also I can't wait to see him face Samuel Olaris again next episode

1 hour ago, DreamblitzX said:

Thanks for the update hopefully he forgives you for the crash

29 minutes ago, Abyssreaper99 said:

I'm not surprised he can't find Indra since he doesn't read field effects carefully. 

Not to mention that he speeds through everything without really paying attention. 
*Is reminded of when he scrolled through the Tauros tutorial and than ran around freaking out because he couldn't figure out how to dismount*. 

I'm torn as to whether or not someone should tell him that it's possible to save in between the battles during certain pauses in the cut scenes if one slams that Quick Save button fast enough as the downside to that is being stuck with your team until you complete the gauntlet. He'd be unable to make adjustments or level up with Indra. 
It worked for me but is a pretty high price to pay for not having to redo the entire gauntlet when you blackout. 

Edited by Devilish

8 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I wish he had 18.2 before the Pulse Swalot fight. I don't think he would have won with it recovering health twice each turn.

All caught up. Man, where do I even begin lol.

Thamill kept referring to PULSE Swalot as Belly, but I have reason to believe that that Swalot was a different Belly (Let's say Belly's father lol) because I think that Swalot has been there in the Treatment Center before the MC even got to Reborn since the water was already tainted. Plus, Ttar found Belly as a Gulpin in a dumpster in Reborn and not the treatment center. That's one thing.

Also, it's funny how he spoke to all the clowns except for the one clown everyone keeps telling him about xD

Another thing is, why has he not changed Silvally's nickname yet? He was supposed to change it to Nadira...

Not a fan of Silvally's current nickname -_-

Last thing:

Titania best girl Iregretnothing

8 hours ago, SilverAngelus said:

Not a fan of Silvally's current nickname -_-

Nor am I. He uses quite a few nicknames I am not a fan of in all of his playthroughs not just Reborn. Actually most of his reborn nicknames apart from myassisfish are okay. Still not great but okay. 

Edited by Devilish
  • Upvote 1

On 2/7/2020 at 4:25 PM, Eagleby18 said:

You know, I was never comfortable with the fact he was playing such a heavily modded version of the game.  The reason I care about Youtubers playing this game is that it’s essentially advertising, and when he’s playing a version of the product that isn’t accurate to the actual product, it undermines the whole purpose.

And now we’re here, this dumb mod crashed the game at what would have been the funniest moment.  Not a good look for the game.

On 2/8/2020 at 12:20 AM, DreamblitzX said:

Why on earth does nobody PM when it actually matters. I do this kind of stuff all the time so please for the love of god PM or DM or call a demonic ritual to summon me when you aren't sure about something. I gladly will help but...and this is going on from the previous mention:

Mods are their own thing and I disagree with using them when originally playing the game. Not because of a morality or playing a fresh experience but because anyone can post anything and nobody knows how much testing is done. Believe me, I have to spend hours upon hours testing stuff but glitches come out of the woodwork to the point it is near impossible to figure out what to fix sometimes. That includes bloody lag which I still can't figure the cause of. And a system where a typo would cause crashes under the most obscure conditions. Crashes happen and mods certainly can add to their occurrences. This is why testing takes so damn long.

Anyways, I have gotten a bit behind but bug me if you guys need me to do anything. I've done my fair share of map and script editing and my share of nightmares. This is like a nothing to me.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Commander said:

Why on earth does nobody PM when it actually matters. I do this kind of stuff all the time so please for the love of god PM or DM or call a demonic ritual to summon me when you aren't sure about something. I gladly will help but...and this is going on from the previous mention:

Mods are their own thing and I disagree with using them when originally playing the game. Not because of a morality or playing a fresh experience but because anyone can post anything and nobody knows how much testing is done. Believe me, I have to spend hours upon hours testing stuff but glitches come out of the woodwork to the point it is near impossible to figure out what to fix sometimes. That includes bloody lag which I still can't figure the cause of. And a system where a typo would cause crashes under the most obscure conditions. Crashes happen and mods certainly can add to their occurrences. This is why testing takes so damn long.

Anyways, I have gotten a bit behind but bug me if you guys need me to do anything. I've done my fair share of map and script editing and my share of nightmares. This is like a nothing to me.

Now you made me curious. Do you imply that you are taking up requests to hotfix smaller bugs within the game? Or are you talking about errors caused by mods?

well I think the noTMX mod from SWM is like a literal necessity for Ttar cause he'll lose a slot or two just to keep the TMX slaves on the team. It's already bad enough that he thinks it's ok to have unevolved mons in his party at this stage of the game...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Yes, but we don't know all the mods he's using, so of course it may be difficult to pinpoint which mod is, or rather was causing the issue here. But with him updating to 18.2 this might get interesting now.

I looked at the error and it has nothing to do with mods. It is a map error or more specifically a trainer text error with a missing trainer. Very easy fix that if Ttar wants to send me his save file I could get him to that exact spot to resume if needed give or take 100 Exp on each mon. I'd probably just skip the fights and adjust exp by hand saving before Solaris.

19 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Yes, but we don't know all the mods he's using, so of course it may be difficult to pinpoint which mod is, or rather was causing the issue here. But with him updating to 18.2 this might get interesting now.

Error messages make it easy to pinpoint problems. Fixing them is a different story. Map or text file errors like this are super easy and itd take me an hour to get him exactly right before the error message or depending on my musings do the actual fights. Lazy method would take 5 minutes though. 

On 2/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, Candy said:

well I think the noTMX mod from SWM is like a literal necessity for Ttar cause he'll lose a slot or two just to keep the TMX slaves on the team. It's already bad enough that he thinks it's ok to have unevolved mons in his party at this stage of the game...

I haven’t exactly kept up, but uh

yeah how did our guy manage to do a nuzlock w/o losing any blood except for like, his starter